IPBoard Styles©Fisana

Photo

Idea Factory otome survey Pt II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

Poll: Part 2 (162 member(s) have cast votes)

Which IF title would you most want to see an English version of?

1. Hi iro no kakera (100 votes [26.74%])

Percentage of vote: 26.74%

2. Ouran High School Host Club (83 votes [22.19%])

Percentage of vote: 22.19%

3. Will O' Wisp (73 votes [19.52%])

Percentage of vote: 19.52%

4. Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden (43 votes [11.50%])

Percentage of vote: 11.50%

5. Other (75 votes [20.05%])

Percentage of vote: 20.05%

Which format would you prefer?

1. Nintendo DS (94 votes [30.13%])

Percentage of vote: 30.13%

2. Sony PS2 (100 votes [32.05%])

Percentage of vote: 32.05%

3. Sony PSP (54 votes [17.31%])

Percentage of vote: 17.31%

4. Xbox 360 (11 votes [3.53%])

Percentage of vote: 3.53%

5. Sony PS3 (17 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

6. Other (36 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

How old do you like the Heroine to be?

1. 13-15 (16 votes [5.76%])

Percentage of vote: 5.76%

2. 15-17 (88 votes [31.65%])

Percentage of vote: 31.65%

3. 17-19 (127 votes [45.68%])

Percentage of vote: 45.68%

4. 19+ (47 votes [16.91%])

Percentage of vote: 16.91%

Vote

#1 todorok1

todorok1

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:42 AM

Hello again everyone,

After the fantastic feedback we got from the previous survey I decided a part 2 was necessary to follow up some of the points you all mentioned. Hope that`s ok with you guys.

*ST

*EDIT*

AS A TOKEN OF OUR THANKS, I WILL THROW EVERYONE'S NAME WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS AND THE OTHER THREAD INTO A HAT AND PULL OUT A NAME AND THEY WILL RECEIVE A SPECIAL IDEA FACTORY PRIZE!!! :-P

*ST

#2 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..
  • Who I fangirl over:Kurama, Yunoki, Eisen, ok basically all bishies.

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:09 AM

I voted basically for all of IF Otomes in english. I prefer PS2, but DS as well, since I only could pick one. For the heroine age, 15+, but I don't mind 13-15 age.

Thank you..

#3 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:29 AM

If I had to choose...just out of them all I would say Will O' Wisp, or some other game. (Although all would be nice too.)

I personally wouldn't mind PS2 since I love it a lot, but it's nice to have a game on the PSP since I can play it well anywhere, and I personally prefer it over the DS.

Finall for heoroines, I perfer them usally 16+...but 15+ is fine with me. >> I don't like playing games that much with a heronie that is younger then that or well looking like a fourteen year old girl or something.

Posted Image
Hihara Senpai needs moar L O V E
Otome Blog - White Butterfly and I'm Selling Stuff here~

#4 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:30 AM

I would also add Fushigi Yuugi Suzaku one as well because Fushigi Yuugi is very popular in the English speaking world too.

There is another title I would like to see is Towa no Sakura. But that is just me because it is my favourite Otomate game.

Another platform you could consider is Nitendo DS, because it is very popular among female gamers in the western world.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#5 Kimbley

Kimbley

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Kageyama Satofumi

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:48 AM

I don't really know much about IF games ( sorry! ^^; ), but Will O' Wisp seemed really interesting to me. Personally, I prefer the heroine to be around 17-19, fifteen or sixteen at the youngest.

I voted for 'other' for the system, as I prefer playing games on the PC. However, I'm open to any other system, even though I only own a Wii and a DS - it'll just be more incentive for me to get it, heh.

I also have to say that if you release a PS2 game, it might not sell as well, since the PS2 is nearing the end of it's life. But then again, I'm not sure, since the PS3 doesn't seem to be as wildly successful as Sony hoped, so perhaps the PS2 still has a few years still left for it. ^^;
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Please click the eggs to help them hatch!

#6 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:13 AM

I don't really know much about Idea Factory games either. Ouran is of interest to me though, like almost everyone here.

I picked the heroine's age to be 17-19, but if it were a few years earlier, I would've said 15-17. I guess I'd like the heroine's age to be closer to my own. If she's younger than you, it makes you feel kind of diminutive.

Also, as I've said in Part I of the survey, I prefer playing games on the DS because
1. It's (generally) cheaper
2. Won't interfere with the usage of others
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#7 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

Am I the only one who picked 17 - 19 and 19 +?? Maybe we should just really have a system where you get to pick your own age . . . *wishes this could happen in real life* Or maybe we shouldn't really mention the age at all.

*edit - just read in the other poll that PC games are at a dead end, so. . . never mind.

Though that I'm saving up, I'm kinda torn between a Nintendo DS and a PSP now - though I'm slowly leaning towards a Nintendo DS, after reading the comments here. *can't decide at the moment* The fate of either Nintendo DS or PSP getting my business rests on your decision of releasing Hi Iro no Kakera in English! LOL.

But I think generally handheld games will fare better, considering the television is usually in the living room and not everyone is lucky enough to get their own television in their own room. And you know who else is in the living room - the people you don't want seeing you playing certain games!

#8 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

I voted DS. The small screen is a little sad, but the PS2 gives too many import problems xD Maybe the PS3 would be better then, since it doesn't have region-coding, but I don't have one yet so.....

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#9 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

Q1: I really enjoyed Petit Four, but I guess I'm the only one...

Q2: I was torned between PS2 and DS, then I picked PS2 because the quality is better than the DS' one. Between the "Next Generation" consoles, my pick goes to PS3 as it will be the only one I'll own (since Final Fantasy will be released there) and Sony finally got rid of the Region lock.

Q3: I picked 17-19, but I mean more "High schoolers and higher". I guess I'm too old at heart to enjoy games with younger heroines ^^;;

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#10 niichan

niichan

Queen Otaku

• Fatas
  • 721 posts
  • Interests:-Otome/neoromance/BxG games. (Bishounen!)<br />-Anime/manga/dorema to an extend<br />-Drawing/playing console/handheld/PC games<br />-Music: every kind<br />-Japan/ Thailand because I was born there XD<br />-Thai kitchen<br />-Science...<br />-Amusement parks<br />list can go forever really!
  • Who I fangirl over: too many bishies

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

Voted for Hiiro no kakera and platform NDS since I I travel quite a lot it's quite handy to have it in your pocket. That and Hiiro no Kakera already has a DS port so it's more realistic to choose that game for now.

Also. More girls own an NDS! (at least from articles that I read)
The User base is growing really fast! It's going to pass the PS2....actually did it pass the PS2 user base already? Still. there more girl gamers on NDS.

As for other platform I choose PC or Wii (If an otome game is build on it and if it a PAL version is released). Personally I don't care for Sony products since my PS2 broke way to many times. (I won't bother any more) I will NEVER EVER buy a PS3. I won't buy a BBQ PS3 just for otome games. I have nothing for FF series (I stopped caring after 7) and other games that where on Sony consoles orz.

Posted Image
Please read the rules!

Spoiler

#11 Rhumba

Rhumba

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tenma Morimura

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

Q1 I voted for the first three, as I'm not a big Fushigi Yuugi fan. I think Ouran would do pretty well (the best out of those) since it's gained quite a bit of popularity and the DVDs are coming out in NA soon.

Q2 PS2 seemed the best choice. It's got the biggest userbase (I think it still does). DS would be a good secondary console to consider translating games for.

Q3. Eh, the age of the heroine doesn't really matter to me. I chose 17-19, though.

#12 piccu

piccu

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:BISHOUNEN!!<br />Stalking my most favourite characters has become a big part of my life XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Wakaouji-sensei and Tsukimori~

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

Question three: Definitely 15+, preferably 17-19, while I don't mind if the heroine's a bit younger, I do find chibified childlish characters quite disturbing and totally prefer more mature character designs.

Question two: PC, but since it doesn't look too good, I'm going with either Wii or Nintendo DS.

Question one: I'd be glad to see any of these getting translated into English, however, my top priority would be Hi iro no kakera, since it's for the DS... orz ;D

currently playing: TokiMemoGS 2nd Season & HM: Tree of Tranquillity
Posted Image
My livejournal :D || My DeviantArt

#13 Megumeru

Megumeru

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:too many, can't keep track!!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

Question 1: I voted for Hiiro no kakera, since it already has a DS version.

Question 2: PC's my first choice, but as that is kinda iffy, I'll cast my vote to the Nintendo DS.

Question 3: I didn't really care about the main character's age, but I picked the 17-19.

#14 kyrie

kyrie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:clavis

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

I'd love to see Hiiro no Kakera or Ouran Host Club in English ^^ I think that Ouran and Fushigi Yuugi would be the most popular in America though.

I have a DS, PS3 and Xbox360 so I wouldn't mind seeing games on any of these systems. Most people I know have a DS so I think that would be the best system to release games for.

I picked 19+ for the third answer but I honestly don't mind the heroine's age unless she's too young. High school age+ seems good to me~

#15 eternaltorture

eternaltorture

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yorihisa

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Haha, I pick all the choices for the games that were listed for the first question >w< Cause I want all of them to be in English ;_; But I want most is the Hiiro no Kakera one (: As for the other, I would DEFINITELY want Otometeki Koi Kakumei * Love Revo~~~ And Vitamin x Evolution, Uwasa no Midori Kun, and Duel Love~~ ^_^

As for the format, I only have DS, so I chose DS~ ^o^ And I picked age 15-17, cause that's around high school, and I really like the period when the herorine are in high school. XD

#16 Evila

Evila

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Lots :D

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

Out of the games on the poll, the only one I'm not interested in is the Fushigi Yuugi game. But to be honest I'd buy anything that gets released in English because OMG ENGLISH OTOME GAMES! *flails arms around* Beggars can't be choosers, bwaha. And as for games not on the poll, Edel Blume and Petit Four look cool.

As for the consoles, PS2 and DS are what I play the most right now, but I voted for PS2 since the higher quality artwork and sound is nice to have. DS is also good since I can play the games in my room or anywhere else I want, instead of in the living room where everyone passes through. I'm trying to save up for a PSP and a Wii too, but I probably won't have either for awhile.

Anyways, I don't really mind the main character's age, but late teens and early twenties would be easier to relate to for me. I'm not opposed to playing games with younger main characters though, so yeah!

#17 Kimbley

Kimbley

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Kageyama Satofumi

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

In hindsight, I would probably like it if the FY:GK game was released. The reason why I didn't vote for it in the first place was because I don't have a PSP, but I've always been planning on getting one anyways. I'm still on the fence about the game because while I do like most of the characters in Genbu Kaiden, I'd heard that it was rather short and while I'm all for bittersweet endings, I'd like a option for there to be happy ones too, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Please click the eggs to help them hatch!

#18 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:02 AM

Q1: Even though that Ouran and Fushigi already have a fan base, I'm not really sure if they are also a gamer. One thing that bothers me about these games from manga because the heroine is the same with the manga why do we have to be Haruhi in ouran game meaning there are only a hint of one ultimate winner because IF want the story closer to the real manga.

and why does otomate guys didn't move their lips in the game?? It kind of bothers me a bit... Maybe it's just me, but when I play otome games, the guys moving their lips it have more animated feeling...

Q2: I go with DS, like others have mention DS have more girl gamers and the game is also cheaper and region free. PS2 is also good but I have a feeling you don't want to go for PS3 because I really think it's kind of a waste to play otome games in PS3.

Q3: The age doesn't really matter to me... But I think I prefer 17-19 more to high school and above...

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#19 freya

freya

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ryuko-sama, Kou-ni, Rakan, Chigusa, Narushige

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:52 AM

Q1: vote for Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden and Hi iro no kakera.. wanted to play this 2..

Q2: i prefer in PSP cause i dont have a PS2 or a DS.. xD

Q3: i dont mind the Heroine to be any age.. but prefer 15-17...

Posted Image

#20 reinstorm

reinstorm

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:セイジュ、枢、伊那佐郷、葛城忍人、アシュヴィン

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:46 AM

I don't know about Ouran. There's a good chance that as with the FF series, you will initially attract many people by its name alone: those who hate Tamaki for whatever reason, fans who are rar-rar crazy over Ouran and simply.must obtain every Ouran-related merchandise out there, gamers who happen to like Ouran and are curious as to what the game has to offer. I was among the last group, and I was very disappointed. I've read the manga and seen the anime already, and I happen to like TamakixHaruhi, so I can't bear to go through the same introduction, the same dialogue, and the same animation -- which only reminds me of the anime and makes me want to rewatch it instead. Because the game has hardly anything new to offer me, I wouldn't recommend it to Ouran fans who are likely to be similarly disappointed, much less other VN/otome gamers who can find more in other games. In conclusion, you risk inviting negative reviews, and they may very well prevent the growth of sales.

Hiiro no Kakera, on the other hand, I'm very interested in because of all the hype I hear about how moving the plot is. It's sounds like a classic in the otome game genre, even. Furthermore, the Japanese in that game is so much more intimidating that I simply can't play it no matter how much I want to, so if I had the chance to play it in English, I would buy it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance