Sorry for the late welcome. Not sure whether you still need topic edited, since the option is only available to mods and admins. But if you still need topic edited, let me know and i will do it for you.
As for corda, i agree with you for liking it. It has now become the ultimate otome game classics because of how interesting the seties was.
Koei did announce that they are going to do something corda related this year to celebrate its 10th year anniversary
in case you haven't noticed, we have upgraded the forum for mainly security purposes. I felt getting the latest will lessen the chances of getting hacked and getting all these weird security problems we have been having.
However, due to the upgrade, some things may have changed.
1. Avatar- you might find instead of your original avvy, it has been switched to your profile photo. If you want to use your original avvy, sorry for the trouble, please reupload it.
2. Protected forums - The forums we once limit for view to members only may appear viewable to all now. I cant remember which ones we have protected so if you noticed any, please PM me and let me know.
3. Any other weird changes please PM me and litewolf
4. There are different colour themes of skin you can now apply for the forum. Hope this makes the forum look less boring haha
Can't say I like the characters or dialogue. :/ I felt too limited to either rapist guy or Yuji. I didn't like that feeling as I didn't really want either of them. I didn't like the dialogue on the top of the school where the character calls Reika a slut. Slut is a word I would NEVER use to describe another woman and it just felt odd that this character was supposed to be me saying that. It's a degrading word for women (being described by who or how many people you had sex with or didn't have sex with. One that does not apply to men obviously.) and one that I hope will be stricken from vocabulary. I also don't like the scene as it places the character in a rape position, one that is overused and cliche for both VNs, shoujo manga and anime. Where she is being harassed by someone and the man has to come save her. Really I felt the main character was just helpless and couldn't do anything without a man... it didn't make me feel like I had fun playing it. It was too much a slice of reality ._.
While I must say, this is probably one of the most offensive post I have seen on MNR forum.
I am not here to disagree with you on your views of the plot of the game, whether it was cliche or bad, the words used were wrong or not, because MNR forum allows people to freely express their opinions of a game they have played.
What I find offensive though is Love Blossom is a gift, and may I emphasise, a FREE HOME MADE gift Moe and litewolf made for the members of MNR to celebrate the 3rd birthday of this forum out of their own busy life.
However, I find it amusing there was not one single positive thing you said in that post about the gift, no thank you, no nothing when Moe had only out of her kindness recommended you to try this game because you were looking for "English otome games."
I hope you find it in your heart to realise how you may have hurt other members on this forum.
Since the forums have been quiet lately (other than a few sections and you guys know which sections lol) and for the celebration of the news of Corda 3, we have decided to hold an event! This event has to do with designing/writing your own original Haruka / Corda character(s), and at the end of the event, we will have a vote off! The winner with the most number of votes will receive a prize from the MNR staff! So have fun and participate XD!
Entry submission deadline: November 30th, 2009. 2400hr @ GMT+10. Voting round: December 15th, 2009. 2400hr @ GMT+10
Here are the departments in this event: 1. Haruka/Corda Art department, where you simply draw the character(s) by yourself. 2. Haruka/Corda Text/scenario/script department, where you write the profile(s) and the background story(ies) for your character(s).
EVERYTHING MUST BE ORIGINAL AND DONE BY YOU. YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF WE FIND OUT IT'S NOT YOUR ORIGINAL WORK.
*Not everyone can draw, so it is okay if you would like to write a profile of your character(s) and submit it.
Prizes and Winners: ONE winner each from the Haruka and Corda art department = A total of 2 winners Pictures of prizes:
Haruka Art Winner:
Alice poster+megane booklet + Harutoki memo book
Corda Art Winner:
La Corda D'oro Official Organizer 2008
ONE winner each from the Haruka and Corda text/scenario/script department = A total of 2 winners
Haruka Text Winner:
Haruka Official Guidebook + clear file
Corda Text Winner:
Hakuouki clear file & 2 sided poster + Official Vampire Knight Handkerchief + official Corda 2fe poster & Animate tokuten photoset + Kichiku Megane mouse pad
ONE winner from Staff's choice
Official Duel Love hand towel
Instructions: 1. Choose your department when you apply. PLEASE REMEMBER YOU CAN ONLY BE IN ONE DEPARTMENT FOR THIS EVENT. You may, however, switch departments in the case that you change your mind. (Please indicate on your post or inform us that you wish to change before the end of the submission deadline.) 2. You may have as much characters as you want, however, all of them will only be considered as ONE entry under your name. In other words, it's about quality not quantity! 3. THE CHARACTERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE LIMITED TO HACHIYOS OR MIKOS; HEROINE OR PROSPECTS. You can have a sidekick, a friend of a friend of a character...etc. The most important thing to keep in mind is to let us know what he/she/it is. (If you are in the art department, just a short blurb about your character would do.) 4. Since no one knows which era in Japanese history the next Haruka will take place, you are free to come up with any era in the Japanese history (or simply just some mythological place like Haruka 4). 5. Staff may participate in this event, however, their entries will not be added into the voting round to preserve fairness to all members.
Guidelines: For the art department:
1. You may or may not color your submission(s). It's totally fine because again, not everyone is skilled in all areas unless you're a visual arts major XD. 2. If you would like to, you may add explanations as to why you designed it the way you did. 3. YOU MUST DRAW A FULL PORTRAIT OF YOUR CHARACTER(S). Even if you think you can't, please try your best! 4. Drawing in the facial features is NOT mandatory. But just think about the votes if you have a bishie lol.
For the text department:
1. You are free to include as much or as little personal data of your character(s). But do bear in mind that the more people get to know about your character, the more votes you may get 8D. 2. YOU MUST WRITE A SHORT STORY ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER'S INTERACTION WITH THE MIKO, OTHER CHARACTERS, OR HIS/HER/ITS ENTRANCE SCENE. This is so that we could get a feel of your character. So if you're stuck, just tell yourself that you're RPing your character(s). 3. This isn't mandatory, but if you would like to, you may also talk a bit about the world setting of your Haruka/Corda. 4. You may also scribble your character, but the scribble is not taken into the account of evaluation.
If you have any questions or anything unclear or not mentioned here in this thread, please feel free to ask us. We will have a Q&A section in a separate post right here, so people could check them out.
I would like to bring us all to the attention of sites/links/programs that could generate monetary gain.
There has been a surge of people posting links of their uploads which direct other users to a separate page with advertisements, and those pages require people to wait a certain amount of time before directing back to the download link.
By clicking these links, you will help these people earn money. Therefore, I would like to advise and warn all members NOT to click these links. Because:
1) you give these people money for things they ripped off, 2) in most countries, this is against the law if authorities want to pursue with the charges, 3) you may also get yourselves in trouble.
Examples of these type of site are known as linkbucks.com, zxxo.net, ziddu.com
In other words, please do not support these people at all, and we will not tolerate these things either. If you need money, please get a job, affiliate with an online game shop...anything else but that.
If anything was to be shared in this site, no use of those type of hosting servers are allowed. If found, it will result in immediate ban of your account.
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or contact anyone of us, thank you.
After days of work, I can proudly say that the upgrade of our site has been completed!! 8D
There are a few new changes, so please read the below carefully in order to enjoy the new upgrade:
* We have upgraded our Joomla from version 1.0 to 1.5. You might not even notice, but it was a great change and forced us to clean the user database. That means, you will have to register again to the site in order to access a few things.
* The gallery changed again. To view it, you need to be a registered member of the My-Neoromance main site. (Meaning, you will need to sign up for an account as mentioned in the previous point.)
* Watermarks are added to the images now but it is not big enough to destroy the picture. Removal of the watermark so you can share it other places without crediting is forbidden!
* We removed the Guestbook and put in the commenting option! This means, you can now leave comments for each article on the site. Guests are welcomed to leave comments too, but to prevent spam from bots, all comments will require approval from the staff ; ;
* We have rotating banners at the top of the page!! 8D I'd like to take this chance to thank yorihisa and sheepishsheep for making the banners currently displaying. Please don't start spamming F5 to see them all because it will kill our server >_>;;
* We've reactivated the RSS Feed. This is an updated version so shouldn't bring that nasty virus in again T^T
it is with sad and heavy heart that I have to make this announcement.
Some members were already aware of the leeching of contents that have been going on for quite a while. And despite our numerous announcements and warnings, people always manage to come up with ways to steal our members work without even feeling sorry.
These two members deliberately joined the forum to spam their way into being able to access the Corda translation forum. I am sure all of you were well aware of their spamming posts through out the last 2 days. I knew their intentions but kept quiet because I still hoped, they would enjoy chatting with other members even if the reason they joined the forum was wrong.
However, it was despicable when I read what they have written to each other on their profiles.
Michelle Hi Petal. I am just trying to reach my posts till 50 and i did! U did it too! *hi 5* 25 Dec 2008 - 21:17
Mintz Awesome! *hi 5 back* Now that we know 50 is the minimum, should we get posts on that account we made for the FC? 25 Dec 2008 - 23:00
Michelle Sure ok that will do. Maybe we could take turn using it. I am running out of idea already. Could u access in? 26 Dec 2008 - 2:18
Mintz I know what you mean lol. The thread on our FC was much easier to post, since it was more or less, 'Post whatever you want with La Corda in subject'. Well, if the others want translations and stuff, they should help out as well, so it wouldn't just be us. But to do so, they have to check the history of the posts. 26 Dec 2008 - 11:10
these were clear evidence they joined and spammed their way through in order to sneak into the translation forum. Their evil works however did not end here, I further found out where their "FC" was and the disgusting things they have said and planned in order to OPENLY leech the translations.
You can see their discussion in the below link. And note, from their conversation above, Mintz=Petalxrain on this FC.
So basically, they plotted to spam their way into the translation forum, and even registering a common account so EVERYONE from their FC can access it. And guess who their common account is? It's Moontide, just as they have said, they would pick a Moon related name.
Here is the proof.
So message to you, Mintz and Michelle.
Yes, we are not a massive forum and we do not plan to become one. Because we would like to know everybody here on a personal level so we are really friends. And it hurts me to know with all the things we have provided for the fandom out of our love for it, you would do this to us.
It is hurtful and it's unforgivable. You will not believe how much you have manged to hurt me.
Yes, we are a small forum, but we are not stupid. We do log IPs, so you are banned. Bai bai, we are small, but we still do not need people like you.
I have decided to start off on a new dream novel series, this time basing it on Hino Matsuri's Vampire Knight. Well, it is actually an original story, so not much is connected with the original story excapt I used the character names as well as the idea of vampires and vampire hunters xD (So yeah, if you havent read Vampire Knight, you can still read this story on its own)
Things to note that are different from original:
1. This is set in 19th century 2. Ichiru is actually a healthy guy 3. Zero is not a vampire 4. The heroine is an original character 5. Kaname and Zero does not know each other in my story 5. They dont study in Cross Gakuen
Rating: M15+ (just in case it gets passionate) Character pairings: Kaname>heroine<Zero+Ichiru
As the daughter of the famous vampire hunter Yagari clan, the heroine (you) took on your first mission and realised, maybe hunting a vampire was not exactly like what you have read from books or have been taught in theory. 'He' was a vampire that was different to all, and while not knowing what was the right thing to do, those that are around you may not really be who you thought they were.
So yes, I love a complicated versus story so expect it 8D