• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

I know this is not a dating sim series, but because it contains so many bishies it was also advertised in the otome game magazines.

Anyhow, I have been a long fan of the Gyakuten series, 1,2,3,4. Just wondering if there are any other fans out there.

For those that doesnt know what it is, it is a law/court/detective interactive game on Gameboy. It was so popular that it was translated into English called Ace Attorny.

My favourite is actually the main character's long time best friend and rival, Mitsurugi Reiji or known as Miles Edgeworth in the English version.

So that is why I am so happy he gets to be the main character in the next serie!! yeepee~

You can find out more here

Official website for the Gyakuten series is here

For reference of the Japanese name to English names, thanks to Hazuki it is in the below spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#2 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

Ah Ace Attorney.

Really fun but the opening sequences scare me XD (light hearted - except she has a love of crime genres) I'd actually put my hand over the top ds screen and rapidly press A... =.='' (Damn myself)

I like Miles also and Klavier in the Apollo Justice game.

Edit: Played more through Apollo Justice, love Klavier :3

#3 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

Eeeedgeworth >//////<

I didn't know they opened the site for his game, I'll go squeal on it, I already memorized the scans with the annoucement XD

I like this series very much, funny and intriguing. My only complaint is that too often my reasoning was right but the game wanted me to use a different evidence in a different moment ==;;

And I'm royally pissed that the third chapter will be released in Italy after the fourth one, because of strange agreements between Capcom and Nintendo TAT

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#4 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

Yes, these games are fun and hilarious and at times heart touching.
I really don't have a favorite character and I've only played the 1st 2 games.
I haven't played the 3rd or 4th games because they belong to my sister (even though I bought the 1st, 2nd and 4th game for her. ;^^)

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#5 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:27 AM

I saw this game the other day and I think I'll get it once I get my DS. Is it on any other system?
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#6 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:51 AM

@ Xeiran: No it isn't from my knowledge. Like Kaho said it was first on Gameboy then it became really popular on the DS.

Ah so tempted to go off and play it now XD

#7 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:42 PM

I've played only one of them, think the first one on DS, can't remember the name. Ace Attorney? Anyway, last time I played I was trying to figure out how to get through the circus case. The ventriloquist was giving me a hard time when I was in court. ><
Posted Image

#8 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

I've played only one of them, think the first one on DS, can't remember the name. Ace Attorney? Anyway, last time I played I was trying to figure out how to get through the circus case. The ventriloquist was giving me a hard time when I was in court. ><

Circus...ventriloquist...that's the 2nd game and I also believe that's the 3rd case in the game if I remember. Which is called Ace Attorney: Justice For (in English)

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.

#9 kotoristrife

kotoristrife

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Videogames, and...
  • Who I fangirl over:Suefumi,Len Tsukimori,Yuichi-senpai, Blood, Julius, & Ace

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:16 AM

I have all 4 games for DS. Ace Attorney is one of the best games I played on the DS. I like Phoenix and Miles, as when they were on opposite ends, its amusing to watch them go at it. Also, Maya and Pearls as sidekicks weren't too bad. Now, Edgeworth is going to have his own game....I wonder if Phoenix will make an appearance in the game.

#10 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:01 AM

Circus...ventriloquist...that's the 2nd game and I also believe that's the 3rd case in the game if I remember. Which is called Ace Attorney: Justice For (in English)

Thank you! 3rd case sounds right. How many cases do these games usually have?
Posted Image

#11 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:18 AM

Between 4 and 5, depends on the games. So far the number of cases is: 5 - 4 - 5 - 4. The fifth case of the first game is DS specific.

Posted Image

#12 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

I think they really should make this game into anime series. I would SO totally watch it.

Then it makes me wonder who they will use for their seiyuus :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

I think they really should make this game into anime series. I would SO totally watch it.

Then it makes me wonder who they will use for their seiyuus :D

Seconded!

For the seiyuus they could go with the ones they used for the promo video. Edgeworth and Wright I wouldn't dislike an otome game while we're at it XDD

Posted Image

#14 piccu

piccu

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:BISHOUNEN!!<br />Stalking my most favourite characters has become a big part of my life XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Wakaouji-sensei and Tsukimori~

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

I love Gykauten Saiban, my favourite character in PW 1-3 is Edgeworth as well, he's just totally awesome <3
Any Klavier fans, here? I love him so much y3

Which is your favourite case?
I don't really know, many are pretty good, but I think 1-4, 2-4 and 3-5 are the best :D

My least favourite case id definitely 3-3 - Turnabout Recipe, just totally boring and dumb.

currently playing: TokiMemoGS 2nd Season & HM: Tree of Tranquillity
Posted Image
My livejournal :D || My DeviantArt

#15 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

can anyone put up a list of the Japanese names ..versus the English names? Because I only know the characters by their Japanese names....>.>;;

I have never played the English version although the game comes majority of the time in both languages. I realised alot of the hints came from word phrases the witnesses speaks, that is why I am surprised how the English is able to translate it?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Well...I'll list the main characters for know...I'll list the defendants, victims, and witnesses later... (or other people can do that

Naruhodou Ryuuichi = Phoenix Wright
Ayasato Chihiro = Mia Fey
Ayasato Mayoi = Maya Fey
Mitsurugi Reiji = Miles Edgeworth
Itonokogiri Keisuke = Dick Gumshoe
Yahari Masashi = Larry Butz (okay I know he's not a main character but he's important!)
Hoshikaga Soranosuke = Marvin Grossberg
Karuma Gou = Manfred von Karma (I wonder who or what did his voice in the English game because he doesn't sound human when you hear him go "Objection!")
Houzuki Tomoe = Lana Skye
Houzuki Akane = Ema Skye
Karuma Mei = Franziska von Karma
Hayasato Harumi = Pearl Fey
Ayasato Kimiko = Morgan Fey
Godot = Godot ^^;
Kaminogi Soryuu = Diego Armando
Miyanagi Chinami (Mukui Satoko) = Dahlia Hawthorne (Melissa Foster)
Ayame = Iris
Tenryuusai Elise = Elise Deauxnim

Okay...and now for GS4/Apollo Justice
Odoroki Houske = Apollo Justice
Naruhodou Minuki = Trucy Wright
Garyuu Kirihito = Kristoph Gavin
Garyuu Kyouya = Klavier Gavin (What my sister said about this character made me laugh... "You [Klavier] had me at, Fraulein."
Arumajiki Varan = Varan Gramarye
Arumajiki Zakku = Zak Gramarye
Arumajiki Yuumi = Thalassa Gramayre

#17 klavier

klavier

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:The whole PW male cast.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

I have played the whole Ace Attorney series straight. I did them all in a week. I was sure that my friends were feeling neglected, and most probably frustrated by the fact that I couldn't stop playing. Hahaha.

@piccu: HERE! HERE! KLAVIER! Haha. Was there any doubt? Anyone who air guitars in court gets a plus in my book.

In all fairness, I'm more in love with Phoenix. He is the cutest little thing ever. Although I'm not usually for BL, I'm going squee over EdgeworthPhoenix. Especially when they were tag team-ing on Matt Engarde/de Killer.

And Franziska! I love Franziska. I think she's perfect for Phoenix. But I'm pretty sure whipping everyone in court, especially the judge, counts as assault and battery.

I'm going to stop now before I start fangirling over Godot. Which will lead to me fangirling over GodotMia, which will then turn into a an I-love-Mia rant. To sum it all up, I think Phoenix Wright is the greatest thing since Xenogears.

Oookay. Shutting up now. <3

#18 llamalover

llamalover

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Teru <3, yasuaki <3

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

I love Gykauten Saiban, my favourite character in PW 1-3 is Edgeworth as well, he's just totally awesome <3
Any Klavier fans, here? I love him so much y3

Which is your favourite case?
I don't really know, many are pretty good, but I think 1-4, 2-4 and 3-5 are the best :D

My least favourite case id definitely 3-3 - Turnabout Recipe, just totally boring and dumb.

I know, right! Maggey just makes me want to strangle something. My favorite case would be 2-2. I love it when Maya can't follow me around.

I do wish that it was Mia who was still alive and not Maya. :D

#19 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:24 AM

I know! And on top of it all, the case is totally impossible. =0=;
How could anyone mistook Tigre for Phoenix? They're waaay different, the similarity is only both of them having spiky hair.

can anyone put up a list of the Japanese names ..versus the English names? Because I only know the characters by their Japanese names....>.>;;

Court Records has the complete list of characters, and their names in both Japanese and English (and for the French version as well).

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#20 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:26 AM

I didnt mind Klavier (or I am more used to him as Kyouya) I had to look up the list Hazuki put up to know who Klavier was....XD;;

I loved the final episode in 3 where Mitsurugi (Edgeworth) had to take over the investigation because Naruhodo (Phoenix Wright) was in the hospital. Especially the part where he had to attend the trial as a defense attorney instead of a prosecutor for the first time, and like how Naruhodo was usually treated not getting a fair go, he said, "Is this the seat to get bullied? Now I feel for Naruhodo..."

XD
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance