#81 Skyrius

Skyrius

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori, Hihara

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

T_T Despite everything said, I still get the feeling this is going to be a rough, rocky, and very painful road XD But regardless, I'm more dubious about the fact that a large majority of non-otome, GOOD, games all stay in Japan, while we get some really cruddy and weird ones :/ I mean, if the normal games don't make it over, I worry about what the reaction would be if otome games made it over. Well, here's still hoping for the best though >_<

More importantly, I realized I totally skimped over the whole DS game subject in my last post. Whoops XD

Well, almost all the otome games for the DS have been mentioned here, and there aren't that many anyways. So, I'm just gonna go ahead and throw out some games that aren't otome, but you can get paired endings.

So first off, the new Summon Night Twin Age game. It's short, it's simple, it's cliche, it's ridiculously addicting and cute XD I finished it in two goes, adding up to about 19 hours XD It was really, really addicting. Anyways, if you choose the girl, Reiha, you can get a paired ending with 2 (well, 3 sort of) the characters, and I think they're all really cute. It's a really lovable game :P

Secondly, the new DS game Avalon Code (that better not be pushed back or cancelled for the North America release >_<) has quite a few romance endings. Actually, I was surprised. You can play as a boy or girl and almost every single main character has a specific ending. I think there's 6 paired endings for each character (I mean, for the boy or the girl, 6 each). Plus the game looks awesome, and the story's intriguing. But I like RPG's, so that might be me talking there XD

I'd also like to point out the, GBA but you can play them on the DS, previous Summon Night games that have been released in English, as they are awesomely addicting and fun as well. Moving on, Yggdra Union isn't really, but kinda~ It's hard to explain. There are romance features, and Yggdra is a girl, but it's really not a strong point, but I thought I'd throw it out anyways. Although, the fanbase for pairings is rather large XD

Moving on, I think there was a recent announcement in Japan about either Rune Factory 2 or another crossover Harvest Moon game (that currently escapes me) where you can play as a girl, so that'll definitely be up there. Plus, I liked Rune Factory. It was a lot more interesting, especially towards the end. The story was actually really good, and of course it's still got all the traditional Harvest Moon aspects <3 (EDIT:: Ah ok, got it. In Rune Factory 2, the second part of the game, you can play as a girl and capture three of the guys, so that'll be fun~)

Argh, there are 2 more games I know fit in here as well, but I can't remember their names, so I'll get back to that later T_T

#82 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

Speaking of otome games in English ~ there is one dating simulation out in English called My Boyfriend.

Yeap, I'm perfectly serious.

I've tried it, and it's kinda Sim-like, where you go around doing things so to win the affection of your guy.

I gave up after the first three minutes. =.=" It was not to my taste, to say it politely.

#83 Skyrius

Skyrius

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:44 AM

*has never played Sims* XDD I've never heard of it. But I probably wouldn't like it too much either. I've never been a big fan of Sims like games. Is it an America produced one like Fatal Hearts?

Oh, and going off on a tangent here, in my last post I mentioned Avalon Code, and I recently went to go check up on the official site. The artwork is so pretty~ T_T I love the character designs. But they don't tell you if the prince is capturable or not T_T I mean, the princess is if you're playing as the guy, but I don't know if the enemy prince is >_> Meanies.

Ok, I was slightly off, there are 5 capturable characters for each, but that's pretty close. And the artwork is so pretty. Unfortunately, it's not a visual novel, so there won't be any CG's, not as if I care. The game looks like some much fun. The official site has more info (OMG! The seiyuu for the male lead! T_T Darn, I'm going to be playing the girl >_<)

Anyways, the romance interests actually make up a large part of the storyline. Rather than like Harvest Moon, where it's almost a sidequest, in this story, depending on who you're close to and who you're not, the storyline changes, so I think it is rather close to a ren'ai like game. Of course, it's an awesome RPG first and foremost, but hey, that doesn't hurt XD

The official site: http://www.mmv.co.jp.../ds/avaloncode/

#84 ameshi

ameshi

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kururugi Suzaku <3

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

A friend of mine and I have been totally excited for Avalon Code. It sounds so cool!

My Boyfriend? Wow, never heard of it. I'll have to look that one up. o_O The title kinda makes me think it's probably not that great anyway, but, haha. XD
Posted Image

#85 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

Speaking of otome games in English ~ there is one dating simulation out in English called My Boyfriend.

I've heard of that game! The title made me think of the manga Zettai Kareshi/Absolute Boyfriend, which unfortunately was also very blah and insignificant.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#86 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:02 AM

It really is . . . not that great. Or perhaps I've just come to expect how a dating sim should BE like after playing Tokimeki and Love Revo xDD and this falls short of their standards . . .

#87 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

Is "My Boyfriend" an English-language original, or a Japanese to English translation?
Posted Image

#88 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:25 AM

English language original. The first thing you do in that game is to go up to your best friend and say

Spoiler

This, ladies, is why dating simulations don't have a good reputation.

#89 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:27 AM

Hmmm sounds like the boring kind of sim. I can imagine it as being pretty superficial from what I read here...

I just ordered Tokimeki Girl's Side the other day though, so I'm looking forward to how that will turn out :)

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#90 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:01 PM

Haha. I tried that 'My Boyfriend' game too. I didn't have any high expectations as soon as I tried it and the game didn't surprise me with 'OMG! I met my Dream Guy!' like Chocoshell... and that's about it with really simple minigames + shopping... I played it for a while and stopped.

Japanese dating sims will always win. >D

Tokimeki Girl's Side is a great game. One of my favorites really. :D
The DS and it's skinship... fufu~ XP

Avalon Code... I'll go check out that. :] I haven't heard of it...

#91 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

Since it's an English-language original, it's expected. I concur with lilinnocence, JPN otome games FTW!!

I've heard many bad reviews about a particular English-language original dating sim, but for the life of me cannot recall its title. I think it was for PS2, and had this suspicious cover with nothing but silhouettes and a window-panel-like background. Following the mostly beach-party-to-hook-up-guy, with inane conversations. So I generally have a very bad impression of English-language originals.

P.S. This isn't exactly a game, but it's related... somewhat. There's an updated DS model that'll be out in 2009, the DSi. Comes with a camera, updated firmware, and other itty bits. Makes my DS Phat feel so old. >_<
Posted Image

#92 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

Following the mostly beach-party-to-hook-up-guy, with inane conversations. So I generally have a very bad impression of English-language originals.

Yes, that's my impression of how it usually is too. It's too bad, really.

I heard about the new DS too - I think I'll keep my Lite version though, doesn't seem like the new one has enough new things to make me buy it again.

Oh, and Avalon Code sounds really interesting - wonder if it will come out in english too?

Posted Image

#93 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

Lol, DSi feels like a rip-off name off iPhone, only they put the i to the back. And then I was thinking "this three alphabets sound familiar . . ."

*lightbulb goes off*

"Oh! CSI!" - (random exclamation) =.="

Since I JUST got my DS Lite three weeks or so ago, I don't think I'll be trading it quickly. Besides, I love my Coral Pink (color is actually important to me, lol) DS + I have a funky camera already.

Oh, and there's another English language DS game that you get to date some guys, also Sim-like but with sprites, from mobile phone game to DS game called Miami Nights: Singles in the City.

I haven't gotten the game, so I wouldn't know what it's like, but the mobile version was pretty addictive (back when I had no platforms to play games except my mobile phone during boring bus travels, so I might be a teensy bit biased here). I think it's about surviving the big, bad world of Miami or New York, depending which mobile phone version you got.

#94 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:18 PM

Haha. I tried that 'My Boyfriend' game too. I didn't have any high expectations as soon as I tried it and the game didn't surprise me

is that game actually out yet? everywhere I look it says it's not on sale yet. is there a free demo somewhere that I missed?

Sounds pretty lame though. For some reason it seems like there are a lot of bad DS games that come out in Europe first (rather than US first or Japan first)

#95 Skyrius

Skyrius

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:33 AM

A friend of mine and I have been totally excited for Avalon Code. It sounds so cool!

Yay! I'm not the only person looking forwards to this game~

Well, anyways, it's been confirmed that avalon code will be coming over to the US~ the release date is March, 2009. The Japanese get it in December this year >_> Oh well, at least it's coming over. Youtube has the trailers up as well as the Tokyo game show exhibition ad, which is the cutest thing ever, almost as good as the tales of innocence one XD Anyways, the official site has the seiyuus up now. I recognize a few names, but no one that I know really well...

#96 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

Sounds great! :D Too bad it will take that long though.

But oh well, I still have a lot of games I need to play <_<;;

Posted Image

#97 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

is that game actually out yet? everywhere I look it says it's not on sale yet. is there a free demo somewhere that I missed?

Sounds pretty lame though. For some reason it seems like there are a lot of bad DS games that come out in Europe first (rather than US first or Japan first)

Don't know of any demos for it, and haven't seen it anywhere but rom sites. It's boring though. =(
Posted Image

#98 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

it's pretty sad if it gets rommed everywhere before it's even on sale... not a big deal if the game sucks, though.

#99 Skyrius

Skyrius

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:48 PM

Ahaha....*is guilty of romming everything* Er... >_> Moving on, that Shinsengumi game is out (almost out?) for the DS. What was it....it was set in the Bakamatsu period and a really emo game XD Everyone died >_> Which is why I never did get around to liking it too much. Hakuoki was easier to remember for me :P

#100 Rinai

Rinai

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:45 AM

I find DS roms are rather annoying to play, so I usually just buy them. Er, any way D|
I wanted to get Bakumatsu renka shinsengumi too... but every one is all 'IT'S FULL OF ANGST' and I could barely handle the angst in hakuouki so... bah, dunno if I'll pick that up. I really want Avalon Code though it looks good.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance