• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:12 AM

Please delete this if it's not allowed, but I'm just wondering, are there any Chinese otome games out there? Or just otome games translated into Chinese?

Because seriously, I don't understand ANY Japanese at all. And I'm not sure of what to use besides Google translater (which is, you know, yeah...)
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:19 AM

I saw Quin Rose's Mahou Tsukai and Goshujinsama in Chinese when I was in Taiwan.

and I also know Haruka 2 has been translated into Chinese as well.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#3 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:39 AM

I also saw Quin Rose's Mahou Tsukai and Goshujinsama in Chinese. There's also Princess maker 4 (could you count this otome games??)

For doujin fan made games I only saw Corda Doujin Game - The Rhyme of a Love Song that I saw in the thread somewhere around the Corda thread here and Prince of tennis where Echizen and the others become a girl, with the setting like the manga of Maria sama ga miteru...

Edit: Lol at tam-timmy-toe sig XD

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#4 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

LOL I see. Thank you. (I'll keep all this in mind when I go back to Taiwan again xD)
Even though I'm not sure where to look for it even if I do go back. O.o
Spoiler

#5 apple pie

apple pie

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:everyone

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:35 AM

oh, I didnt know that chinese version are out there. why not english????

#6 sheepishsheep

sheepishsheep

一生直兄さん押し

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Interests:Piano, reading manga, gaming, fangaying/fangirling blah blah... Baa baa
  • Who I fangirl over:教えるわけなし(^_^)

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:30 AM

LOL I was browsing through a Chinese forum and it says that both Under the Moon and its fandisk are going to be translated into Chinese!!

*holds nutty celebration although she has played the Japanese version already*

That and Love Drops has been done by the same company doing UTM, 未來數位. But I think it's in Traditional Chinese.

Anyway, the main reason why there aren't many English otome games is because there isn't a terribly big (known) market for it.
血を吐くように、必死にフルコンを追いかけたから...
Spoiler

- Supporter of Save Our Bishies and Save Our Seiyuu -
˜†Seiyuu of the day/ week/ month/ year: Nao-nii˜†

#7 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

That and Love Drops has been done by the same company doing UTM, 未來數位. But I think it's in Traditional Chinese.

Oh yeah I heard about that, too! Too bad it's 18+... Or else I would've jumped at the opportunity to get it. ^^"

(I don't mind Traditional Chinese! That's the only type that I can read LOL)

Edit: to Moe: Thank you. 8)
Spoiler

#8 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:03 AM

There's this person who posts opening movies of otome games at youtube and her name is lydia, well that's her screen name at least.
In her profile she leaves the url for her blog. I like visiting there...even though I can't really read since it's all in Chinese... (I think it's simplified Chinese)
She posts lots of reviews for otome games in her blog.
In her recent post she did a review on a 3D Chinese otome game - http://blog.pixnet.n...u/post/16964939
check it out if you're interested

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#9 sheepishsheep

sheepishsheep

一生直兄さん押し

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Interests:Piano, reading manga, gaming, fangaying/fangirling blah blah... Baa baa
  • Who I fangirl over:教えるわけなし(^_^)

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:53 AM

Haha, it's not simplified Chinese. That's traditional Chinese. I'm lucky to be able to read both but I'm not quite sure about a 3D otome game because I have been raving over 2D ones for so long.

Otomedream is translating TMGS 2nd Season if you're interested but since it's quite a big undertaking it should take quite some time to finish. Currently that project is 8% complete.
血を吐くように、必死にフルコンを追いかけたから...
Spoiler

- Supporter of Save Our Bishies and Save Our Seiyuu -
˜†Seiyuu of the day/ week/ month/ year: Nao-nii˜†

#10 eternaltorture

eternaltorture

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yorihisa

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Does anyone know where I can buy those Chinese otome games? *__*

#11 Kimbley

Kimbley

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Kageyama Satofumi

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

The sticky at the top 'where to buy games' has links to various sites; I'm not sure about PA or Himenya, but I picked up a copy of the Chinese version of PM4.

...And then my dad came back from his business trip in China with a version of PM4 for me. orz
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Please click the eggs to help them hatch!

#12 reinstorm

reinstorm

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:セイジュ、枢、伊那佐郷、葛城忍人、アシュヴィン

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

PC

Fantastic Fortune
Fantastic Fortune 2 (there's a strategy guide for it too)
Angelique

Haruka 2 came with stickers of the 八葉, a purple reticule, and voice dubbing that pained my ears so much that I immediately switched to the Japanese voices.

NDS
Uwasa no Midori-kun
Posted Image

#13 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

PC
Haruka 2 came with stickers of the 八葉, a purple reticule, and voice dubbing that pained my ears so much that I immediately switched to the Japanese voices.

There's a shop nearby my place that sells the Chinese version of Haruka 2. I've asked the shopkeeper if the dubs were Japanese, but he insisted that it was only in Chinese, so I'm wondering,

Has Haruka 2 been translated/distributed by only one company?

And if so, would that mean that all the Chinese version Haruka 2s sold have Japanese voices (like the one in the shop that I've been staring at and wanting to buy for so long, but haven't for fear of okama-esque Chinese dubs)?

I also have a friend who owns the Chinese version of Haruka 2, and she has confirmed that it has Japanese voices, but I'm not sure if it's the same as in that shop.

I'm not sure if the shopkeeper is correct, since he doesn't look like he's played the game, but he was right about another product I bought (a Slam Dunk DVD that only had Chinese subs, and not English ones), so I'm at a loss.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#14 reinstorm

reinstorm

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

There's a shop nearby my place that sells the Chinese version of Haruka 2. I've asked the shopkeeper if the dubs were Japanese, but he insisted that it was only in Chinese, so I'm wondering,

Has Haruka 2 been translated/distributed by only one company?

And if so, would that mean that all the Chinese version Haruka 2s sold have Japanese voices (like the one in the shop that I've been staring at and wanting to buy for so long, but haven't for fear of okama-esque Chinese dubs)?

I also have a friend who owns the Chinese version of Haruka 2, and she has confirmed that it has Japanese voices, but I'm not sure if it's the same as in that shop.

I'm not sure if the shopkeeper is correct, since he doesn't look like he's played the game, but he was right about another product I bought (a Slam Dunk DVD that only had Chinese subs, and not English ones), so I'm at a loss.

You may be looking at the Simplified Chinese version of Haruka 2, which was indeed released by another company. From what I've read, I suspect that it wouldn't have Japanese voices due to licensing issues. I can't say for sure though, since I bought the Traditional Chinese version, and that's the only one I've played.

Try inspecting the packaging to determine which version it is.

Simplified Chinese
Posted Image

Traditional Chinese, licensed by Taiwan Koei (臺灣光榮)
Posted Image
Official website: http://www.gamecity....romance/haruka/

By the way, my box is slightly different from the above picture in that it had a sticker on the bottom-left corner which displayed a picture of the free gifts and said: "Comes only with the following limited edition!"
That, and only that, was what made me lose patience for the *cough* crack *cough* -- I'd look longingly at the remaining box on the shelf and think "OMG I want that reticule so bad... If I don't buy it now someone else will and I won't have another chance to get it... Ok, must buy now!"

Anyway if you confirm that it's Traditional Chinese, maybe the shopkeeper didn't play it enough. The default voice is Chinese so maybe he tried it out without going into the configuration, and thought there were no Japanese dubs as a result.
Posted Image

#15 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:18 PM

Ah, I suspect it was in Simplified Chinese, because I remember having an easy time reading the description at the back of the box (studied Simplified Chinese, not Traditional, though I can read both), although the Haruka Traditional Chinese characters look pretty familiar.

I shall take a trip back to the shop some time later this week when I have no classes, to check which one it is.

Oh~, my dreams smooshed in an instant. ;;_;; It's pretty cheap for an otome game (30AUD, unlike the 50AUD+++ for Japanese imports), so I thought it'll be worth it to get. Won't be nice to play if I cannot hear smexy seiyuu!

Thank you very much for your help, reinstorm! :grin: It has really cleared up my confusion.
Posted Image

#16 eternaltorture

eternaltorture

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yorihisa

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:59 PM

PC

Fantastic Fortune
Fantastic Fortune 2 (there's a strategy guide for it too)
Angelique

NDS
Uwasa no Midori-kun

Thanks for your list~ ^_^
So there's a Chinese version of Uwasa no Midori Kun for DS? (:

#17 reinstorm

reinstorm

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:15 AM

Oh~, my dreams smooshed in an instant. ;;_;; It's pretty cheap for an otome game (30AUD, unlike the 50AUD+++ for Japanese imports), so I thought it'll be worth it to get.

Yeah, 30AUD is really quite cheap. Actually, I'm surprised there are even stores in Australia that sell these games. I look forward to reading the results of your trip.

Won't be nice to play if I cannot hear smexy seiyuu!

Haha, smexy seiyuus indeed. Don't get your hopes up too high, though: you don't get to hear them from beginning to end. At first I panicked when they stopped talking after the prologue -- "OMG WHERE"D THE VOICES GO IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY PC?" -- but yeah, you hear them only when it matters. That's the downside of the Haruka series :neutral:

Thanks for your list~ ^_^
So there's a Chinese version of Uwasa no Midori Kun for DS? (:

Uhm... yes. Simplified Chinese, but, er, you shouldn't be able to find it in stores...
Posted Image

#18 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, 30AUD is really quite cheap. Actually, I'm surprised there are even stores in Australia that sell these games.

Haha, smexy seiyuus indeed. Don't get your hopes up too high, though: you don't get to hear them from beginning to end. At first I panicked when they stopped talking after the prologue -- "OMG WHERE"D THE VOICES GO IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY PC?" -- but yeah, you hear them only when it matters. That's the downside of the Haruka series :neutral:

It's an Asian DVD/Music/Game/Anime store that's run by Chinese shopkeepers, so that's why you can buy Haruka 2 here. They mostly sell visual novels aimed at males, and Princess Maker. At the other Australian stores like JB Hifi, you can't find these sorts of games. Just lots of Barbie and localized Naruto.

Garng, Koei and their money-saving techniques.

I have another problem now though, even though I have not visited the store yet. I asked the friend who has Simplified Chinese Haruka 2, and she said that it does have Japanese voices...
Posted Image

#19 reinstorm

reinstorm

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

It's an Asian DVD/Music/Game/Anime store that's run by Chinese shopkeepers, so that's why you can buy Haruka 2 here. They mostly sell visual novels aimed at males, and Princess Maker. At the other Australian stores like JB Hifi, you can't find these sorts of games. Just lots of Barbie and localized Naruto.

Garng, Koei and their money-saving techniques.

I have another problem now though, even though I have not visited the store yet. I asked the friend who has Simplified Chinese Haruka 2, and she said that it does have Japanese voices...

Weird. I guess you could ask the owner how he knows that it's only in Chinese. The worst case scenario is that it's a PIRATED copy, with the Japanese voices removed for size reduction :shock: Is the box is sealed under plastic wrapping?

By the way, could you ask your friend if the characters speak with a Chinese instead of Taiwanese accent in the Simplified Chinese version?
Posted Image

#20 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

Weird. I guess you could ask the owner how he knows that it's only in Chinese. The worst case scenario is that it's a PIRATED copy, with the Japanese voices removed for size reduction :shock: Is the box is sealed under plastic wrapping?

By the way, could you ask your friend if the characters speak with a Chinese instead of Taiwanese accent in the Simplified Chinese version?

I think it's real, because from what I remember, it looks exactly like the Simplified Chinese version box pic above, with the little cost in yuan at the side (I think you can see it in the pic, the purple 元). It's also shrink-wrapped, and very dusty. (XDDD) I think there was also a shiny 'Koei' hologram sticker somewhere on the box, so it should be authentic.
This is also another reason why I think its Simplified Chinese, because of the '元', which I very clearly remember seeing.

It's kind of hard hypothesizing. >_< Sorry for all the "I think"s and "maybe"s and "I'm not sure"s. It's hard to give an answer when I haven't been to the shop yet, but I haven't had the time.

Yup, I'll ask about the accent in school tomorrow.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance