Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:33 AM

I would buy it to support them but last time I bought DVDs with subs the subs were absolutely horrible. I had a better understanding of what they were saying then the subs portrayed so if someone buys this please let me know the quality of the English subs.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#22 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:??...but there are so many to fangirl over..

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:38 AM

Maybe, maybe not..
I bought FY serie with really good subtitles..
but I wonder if this has good subtitles..
I'll buy this ONLY if it has "passable", if not good subtitles.

Posted Image
Sorry Sorry, Super Junior.. <3 clickiez the sig

#23 Nanako

Nanako

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yasuaki

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:44 AM

I would if my parents would fork over the money :P

unfortunately they'd probably think it was a waste....either way, though, I can still watch it online! Thank God!

#24 Miso

Miso

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Abe no Yasuaki

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:41 PM

It's all about having your own spending money. (I need to get a job = w = )

#25 swallow

swallow

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tooya, Kazahaya, Hiiragi, Sazaki, Yasuaki, Eisen, Benkei, Hinoe

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

I would have bought it since I was so excited when I'd heard it was licensed, but when I discovered it was sub only, I was severely disappointed. I was really looking forward to hearing English voices for the series, but learning that there will be none, I'm less inclined to buy it. Especially since I'm normally very enthusiastc about supporting the series I love. Bandai's new fad with subs only kind of irks me.

English voice for anime has gone a long ways and I've heard a lot of Japanese seiyuu compliment the jobs done on many English dubs. Like Amatite, I prefer the English option because of those around me. For a lot of people when I introduce them to series, they get turned off if it's sub only.

In terms of extras, it doesn't bug me too much. I just don't want to fork over money for something that's sub only.

Then again. I wonder if Bandai might be doing what they're doing with Gurren Lagann, releasing all the sub first then the dub. (although I doubt it)

#26 fuuko

fuuko

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Len, Ryoutaro, Hihara

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

I already have my own Haruka dvd and the price is a LOT cheaper than the one in the US release. If I didn't have the dvd already, I would probably buy it with with certain conditions:

- The sub only option is good with me... listening to dubs feels weird since I'm so used to watching japanese anime with the original audio...
- The sub quality : No doubt it must be a very good sub. Paying for a high price means the quality must be good as well...
- Extra goodies - Poster/booklet would be nice X3

#27 nyx

nyx

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko...?

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

i rather want it subbed or not cause i understand a few japanese
Aide-toi et le Ciel t'aidera

#28 dibei-chan

dibei-chan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Location:Downey, CA / The Internets / Fandom / My Imagination
  • Interests:Art, graphic design, photography, sewing, singing, dancing, cooking/baking and becoming a Mangaka.
  • Who I fangirl over:Yasuaki, Yorihisa, Hakuryuu, Rid-Sensei, and Hyuga... so far. >3

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:48 PM

So here's my two cents... as a fangirl, a 10+ year otaku, and once a designer for a manga publisher.

With a price of $30 / DVD of 2 episodes each (and a hachiyo bookmark with each DVD), means that it's 8 DVDs (and 8 hachiyo bookmarks) for a total of $240 (without shipping or handling or sales tax). =x___@'''=

To say the least, the price is really darn steep. Not all otaku/fans can afford that. =>_@'''=

I'm really hoping that they have more than just the next ep previews (and keep the Kotengu Classics), and have things like commentaries or something else to make it worth that much. If not, then they should at least bring the cost down by ~at least~ $5/DVD. :oops:

I understand that it's a niche market, but we aren't paying for more than 2 episodes each DVD or for a dub. It isn't fair for those who've recently jumped onto the HaruToki ox-cart. :neutral:

Oh, and it bothers me that with the manga being featured in Shojo Beat and starting to bring in more folks into the fandom, AND the DVD promos and ads being put up like mad, they're shooting themselves in the foot with that price for their profits. Especially in this economy where fans/otaku have become pickier of what anime/manga they buy. It's very counter productive. =-_-*=

#29 Alto

Alto

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko Hino

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:15 AM

does anyone know the name of the song that was used in the 7th episode (the night the nue cried)? :grin:

#30 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,226 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Taniyama Kisho / Tsukimori Len / Tohgane Chiaki

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:34 AM

Do you mean Yorihisa's image song? It's called '追憶の森に捧ぐ' (Dedication to the Forest of Reminiscence)

I really think it's his only decent song. ^^ And e-zuka-sama wrote it! ^.~

helsakisswaterfalllscripture.jpg

#31 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:JD & Jet; Androids and Artificially created men!

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:24 AM

Even though the topic is a year old. My 2 cents is that Bandai was stupid to price it that way. I don't mind subs only, I actually prefer it and Bandai usually does decent subs too. :3

My added question. What is the name of the song for Yasuaki when he's in/at the waterfall (I think it was a waterfall, maybe it was a pond.) I looked through the tracks I had on the OST and couldn't seem to find it.
Posted Image

#32 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,226 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Taniyama Kisho / Tsukimori Len / Tohgane Chiaki

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:52 AM

It's his only Haruka image song, called '翳りの封印' (Dimming Seal) but in the anime, it was the 'remix' version.

It's not on the OST but on the Hachiyoushou Vocal Collection and also the original version on 'Kimi Koi Furu Uta' Vocal CD.

If you need either track, let me know and I'll post them for you.

helsakisswaterfalllscripture.jpg

#33 Thief of Hearts

Thief of Hearts

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:too many to list!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

um for subs only that is too expensive and uncalled for. i like and prefer subs, but since they didn't have to pay for english VAs, they don;t need to charge that much. Hell, titles that are more popular, have dubs and subs are cheaper/have more episodes per volume >_>;;

and they should have given a freebie poster...it wouldn't have added that much to the cost since it would basically be a blown up piece of paper =/
A million words won't bring you back, I know because I've tried.
And neither would a million tears, I know because I've cried.

#34 dibei-chan

dibei-chan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Location:Downey, CA / The Internets / Fandom / My Imagination
  • Interests:Art, graphic design, photography, sewing, singing, dancing, cooking/baking and becoming a Mangaka.
  • Who I fangirl over:Yasuaki, Yorihisa, Hakuryuu, Rid-Sensei, and Hyuga... so far. >3

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Maverynthia, please don't get me wrong. I'm with Thief of Hearts, as I prefer and almost always watch Anime with subs too.

But unless if Koei's and Ruby Party's royalties were ~that~ high when Viz bought the license, why pass ~that~ much of the cost onto the customers? It's not nice to milk a niche-market cow ~before~ it gets to the market. =o _ O'''=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance