• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mangamaroon

Mangamaroon

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:^^ This might take a bit, so I'll make it short, I like mangas, animes, and video-games. ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:... All. XD

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

Hi! I really like La Corda d'Oro, so I was wondering, would I like this game? ^^ Is it like really hard to play if you're not the greatest with understanding Japanese? ^^ Sorry for bugging you guys!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Um...which Angelique game are you talking about? You know that there's a lot right? And the latest Angelique is really different from all the other Angelique games because it's RPG like. There is also Fushigi no Kuni no Angelique which was released for sega saturn and the GBA and that game is like a board game.

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#3 Mangamaroon

Mangamaroon

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:^^ This might take a bit, so I'll make it short, I like mangas, animes, and video-games. ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:... All. XD

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hmm, I never knew that. XD Maybe just the series in general. Like, what's the storyline about? ^^
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Asagi-Okami

Asagi-Okami

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Boris.

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

Um...I don't know if I'll be much help...but I can try!! (I don't own Angelique or understand Japanese so forgive me if I'm wrong) The storyline? Something like...

You play as a girl called Angelique (suprisingly enough :mrgreen: ) who is chosen as a candidate to be queen of a cosmos. (I think :-? ) To prove she is the best queen candidate she must cultivate a continent with help from the scared gaurdians (I think, I could seriously be wrong!) But each game in the series varies slightly...I think.

As for ease of understanding...eep Okami does not know... :oops:

#5 Stout Teapot

Stout Teapot

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Manga, Reading, Sleeping, Drawing, Writing, Video Editing, Sports, Cute things, Astronomy, Astrology, Different Cultures, Weird Random facts, Story telling, Legends/Folktales/Fairy Tales/etc
  • Who I fangirl over:too many for a woman my age to be proud of...

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:11 PM

In general, for all the series, you are a girl surrounded by beautiful men, and you can either fall in love with them, or complete some kind of mission. You choose between one or the other.

In some of the games, it plays out more like a sim. You have to raise a continent, planet, something, and you do so by borrowing the powers of the 9 beautiful guadians.

In some games it is an RPG and you borrow the power of the guardians for battles and attacking.

Then in other games, they are a complete spin off. Like the GBA one where you make sweets and give it to your favorite boy.

If you tell us which you are interested in, we can give you a better idea of what you can experience.
It's only love if it lasts forever.
Ordinary love is over-rated. True love is under-rated.
There's no better drug than falling in love.

"I say you're weak, so I can always be there to protect you.
I say you're clumsy, so I can catch you when you fall.
I say you're annoying, because I can never get you off my mind.
I say I don't like you, because I love you."

Love is easy - life is hard.

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he will have to touch it to be sure.

#6 Misaki_chan

Misaki_chan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kaji Aoi

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

Hm...

I'm wondering about this too. Would you mind doing some recommendations?

I'm interested in ones that can be played by an emulator, DS, or PC. Sadly, I can't scratch up enough money for a PS2, as dropped-down as the price now is.....

I'm just interested in ones that fit that that are the best. Like, plot, gameplay, character designs, good-looking guys, production value...ect. ect. Though I prefer games that don't include fighting but I let really interesting ones slide past on that....

Which would be the most accessible? Which are your personal faves?

So, um...yeah. That's my question.
Posted Image
Made by me, featuring the drop-dead gorgeous E-wan from Chocolat.

#7 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:01 AM

I know practically no Japanese and I enjoyed the first Angelique, so I think you could enjoy the series. The gameplay in the first one at least is pretty easy to understand, you go talk to the guys, choose the right options (I went by the guide at Marfisa's Angelique page) and have the guys add little houses to your island and win their love.
Posted Image

#8 seryass

seryass

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Zephel, Randy, Clavis, Tsuchiura, & Yunoki

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

Hm...

I'm wondering about this too. Would you mind doing some recommendations?

I'm interested in ones that can be played by an emulator, DS, or PC. Sadly, I can't scratch up enough money for a PS2, as dropped-down as the price now is.....

I'm just interested in ones that fit that that are the best. Like, plot, gameplay, character designs, good-looking guys, production value...ect. ect. Though I prefer games that don't include fighting but I let really interesting ones slide past on that....

Which would be the most accessible? Which are your personal faves?

So, um...yeah. That's my question.

I've played all the games in the Angelique series and based on your preference you might want to start off with the Angelique GBA game which can be played on the Visual Boy emulator. Essentially it is a remake of the original game (minus the majority of the voice acting and the animations). You could try to get the Windows 95 game of it (which can be run on an XP system) but it's rare.

Then there is the Angelique Duet game for the DS (again a re-release of the PSX game) but I've heard that the game doesn't work on emulators properly.

In all honesty though since you know the basic story now you might just want to play the Angelique Etoile game for the PC since it has all of the guardians in it (plus the three new guardians, Leonard, Francis and Heuye) and is naturally a better looking game than the GBA version in terms of graphics. Sadly three of the best elements from the PS2 version of Angelique Etoile are missing though (the extra date CG pic, the omake section which lets you view all the endings and CG pics and most importantly some of the animated endings themselves). The PC version only has animated endings of all of the Divine Beast Guardians (Leonard, Francis, Timka, Ernst etc.) You won't get animated endings for the original Sacred Beast guardians (Julious, Clavis, Randy, Oscar, Zephel etc) as they only have CG endings. Nevertheless it is still a good game even without the missing elements and the pictures are naturally a lot clearer on the PC than they are on the PS2.

As to my personal favorite game of the series that would be Angelique Trois as I love the fact they included 3D models of the characters and the dates were more interesting since you walked around the various locations with the guardian you wanted to win the game with. The pictures were nicely drawn too. I have to admit I do love the PS2 version of Angelique Etoile too simply because the endings are extremely nicely animated and the game does have the best drawn pictures from the series but Angelique Trois just wins out over it for the slight changes in gameplay which felt very refreshing from the rest of the series.

#9 nyx

nyx

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko...?

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

i would...but i wish i can play the game where we can understand...i only understand few japanese words...and my only goal is to play the neo angelique abyss game not the late version of angelique
Aide-toi et le Ciel t'aidera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance