90 replies to this topic

#41 christania

christania

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:-Otome Games of course
    -Bunches of other types of video games except sports games (maybe the odd golf game if it's cute characters but that's about it on sports) mostly I play rpg's
    -Reading: mostly fantasy and science fiction
    -Karaoke (I love to sing! hahahaha)
    -Listening to all sorts of music
    -Watching all sorts of movies (sci-fi is my fav)
  • Who I fangirl over:*sigh* it's no good... I can't decide! lol

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:40 AM

Oh God, I used to be insanely addicted to the sims. I think I spent more time downloading things than actually playing the game, though. There is just SOOOOO much stuff out there. Like a lot of you guys say it takes a lot out of your PC and I ended up getting bored after awhile and frustrated because it would always take forever for the game to load up. I still think it's a decent game, though. They are now developing The Sims 3. I have to wonder what the recommended requirements are going to be to run the game. I probably won't get it, because I am not prepared to update my PC just yet.

#42 zcbml

zcbml

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hisui, Abe no Yasutsugu

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:49 AM

OH I did that too. THere are so many cool costom designed characters ( cool guys) and houses ( sooooo gourgeous looking)!!!! I use to download a lot. I think it totally messed up my game though!!! I made it really slow and crappy but it is way cool!! ANd all the awsome hairstyles~
~ Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

~ Kurt Vonnegut

~ 色は臭へど 散りぬるを 

我が世誰そ 常ならむ 
有為の奥山 今日越えて 
浅き夢みし 酔ひもせず

Posted Image

#43 christania

christania

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:-Otome Games of course
    -Bunches of other types of video games except sports games (maybe the odd golf game if it's cute characters but that's about it on sports) mostly I play rpg's
    -Reading: mostly fantasy and science fiction
    -Karaoke (I love to sing! hahahaha)
    -Listening to all sorts of music
    -Watching all sorts of movies (sci-fi is my fav)
  • Who I fangirl over:*sigh* it's no good... I can't decide! lol

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

omg I went nuts over the hairstyles and makeup! I would always have a harder time finding styles I liked for the males, though. I must have had the early beginnings of bishie craze because I wanted those wacky hairstyle for the guys... long styles, or the weird sticking up styles lmao ... OCCASIONALLY I'd find some good ones ;)

#44 zcbml

zcbml

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:03 AM

I am usually too lazy to make my own people so I just search for what others made but its true thought the wacky hair color make a guy seem soo much cooler than just plane and boring. Tattoos can also seem cool too if it is not overwhelming...
~ Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

~ Kurt Vonnegut

~ 色は臭へど 散りぬるを 

我が世誰そ 常ならむ 
有為の奥山 今日越えて 
浅き夢みし 酔ひもせず

Posted Image

#45 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:38 AM

I was a bit late to the downloading scene. Somehow, I never really got down to downloading extra bits until I was chatting with a friend of mine last year, 6 whole years after I started playing the original Sims, and she said something of how she liked to customise the game with random junk downloaded off the internet. So it was only then I thought to give it a try. XDDDDDDDD

But after that I filled up my memory space with all sorts of gibberish, like custom skins (which made my Sims BEAUTIFUL, for the first time in their lives, with dollfie-esque skin tones!). >_<
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#46 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

I download tons of stuff for the first Sims game, skins and furniture... I felt so sad when it all went to waste as the 2nd game came out xD
I've never downloaded as much for that one, though I have some things. I'm trying not to fill up my HD with it this time ^^;

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#47 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

I wasn't into the first Sims game too much, because I thought it was a bit boring after a while and everyone looked the same and were slightly ugly(wasn't into downloading stuff), but when the Sims 2 came out I was all for it. I had so much fun with the second game...I spent a good portion of my time downloading hair, skin tones, make up, and lots of clothes. I was addicted to downloading clothes at one point. The next thing I spent a lot of time doing was decorating. I loved putting random pieces of art on the walls, making it look slightly cluttered, and making the room on a theme.

I've stopped playing it though because I lose interest in things easily. I'm one of the few people out there that played Wold of Warcraft and did not become addicted. Also, the amount of expansion packs, and stuff packs was really getting insane. I stopped playing the game a little while after Seasons was released. I had every single expansion pack and stuff pack. It took up so much space too, so I decided to just uninstall since I wasn't playing it anyways.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#48 Megumeru

Megumeru

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:too many, can't keep track!!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

I also downloaded tons of stuff for sims 2. It just looks really good! I mean, there's just something about seeing those pretty sims doing whatever you told them to do. It's actually what attracted me to the game in the first place. Although all the extra stuff starts to clutter up your computer and makes everything so slow.

#49 zcbml

zcbml

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

Haaaa haaa that is soo funny!! but it is sooo true. Actually i never really realize that until you said it out loud i think it is sort of an unconsious thing until now!! WOW....i discovered somthing about myself....

~ Kurt Vonnegut

~ 色は臭へど 散りぬるを 

我が世誰そ 常ならむ 
有為の奥山 今日越えて 
浅き夢みし 酔ひもせず

Posted Image

#50 princit

princit

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yorihisa, Yasuaki, Suefumi, Kurou, Atsumoriiiiii

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

I agree with everyone saying The Sims 1 gets boring after sometime. When my friend introduced me to the game, I was overwhelmed by it! I also downloaded some stuff, but I don't remember using that much. My PC became really slow too, and I would always use the infinite money cheat XD After my characters had their babies, I had nothing more to do.

That is why I loved The Sims 2, where you actually have goals and fears! I have both The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Castaway for my Playstation2, and even my sister likes to play it XD Sometimes, it freezes for a while, specially when changing clothes, hair or things like that, and the save is huge (but not as much as Fatal Frame >.<), but you can see “the end” coming which keeps me going on playing, unlike the first series.

So, saying there will be The Sims 3 soon, I don't even know what to expect XD

#51 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:??...but there are so many to fangirl over..

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

there is going to be a sims3, confirmed.

it's really a predicament, since sims 2 eats a huge part of the computer, and sims 3 will probably just eat your hard drive.

Posted Image
Sorry Sorry, Super Junior.. <3 clickiez the sig

#52 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

So has anyone else started playing the sims 3 yet? I've just started and it's a lot of fun and just as addicting as the first two. I wasn't planning on getting it originally but I gave in -.-
It's both different and the same.
I really like their new customization, its much better and more fun than before. And I like the fact that they added more skills and got rid of some of the annoying stuff.
But the loading time is just as bad. And I know its not my computer because my computer is basically top of the line.
I'll give more of my opinion once I play more.

@anonymous
Your want about 7 to 8gigs worth of room for the game
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#53 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hahah, i just finished the Sims 2, well..for the time being anyway. It's soooo bad coz i get soooo addicted and don't realize how fast time flies..-_-lll

@Xeiran
There were a lot of complaints abt story progression, and while i always play a single family until i get bored and never touch them again after that...i do get kinda sad when i know they've left town, died or even got themselves unemployed....i just wanna know, how bad is it?
Also, they're selling The Sims 3 here in Australia for 100 AUD...orz
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#54 Tokidoki

Tokidoki

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too hard to answer~!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

7-8 gigs~ o.o" holy cow!
I really reaalllly liked the sims 1...I probably poured half my childhood into that game! But for me, the sims 2 was so laggy and slow and ultimately just painful for my computer that I ended up uninstalling it. I didn't find it much fun either- I think simple is best, plus the Magic expansion pack for sims 1 was fantastic <333

#55 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:35 AM

@yukihotaru
I usually always play a single family too. And they made it a lot more complicated to play more than one family at once now -.- I hate what they did with that. Well with the age and time thing you can stop it in game in the options. That way they don't age and die until you want them too lol. So I currently have it off until I get all my sims stats up and start a family^^
Wow that's high. Here in the US it's selling for 49.99 on the normal edition, practically half the price of where your at. The special edition was 79.99 I think.

@Tokidoki
If you had lagging issues with the sims 2 the sims 3 will kill you, lol. I'm so spoiled with the speeds my computer gets, but the lag time of this game is worse than some mmorpgs that I've played.
I agree completely that the sims magic was the absolute best. I spent so long playing that. I wish they had made another for the sims 2. I kinda of hope they'll do one for the sims 3.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#56 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:53 AM

For the Sims 3 I'm going to wait for the price to drop.

@Yuki - JB Hifi has the normal edition at $70? At least it's cheaper there than at EB games. =] But I'm still going to wait. Was extremely tempted to buy it yesterday. Yeh I'm in Australia. =]

Gah. I hope at least one of my computers can withstand the speed so it plays moderately okay. xDD Ah well I need a new PC soon so I can just ask for more speed~

Ahaha Sims 2 was and is a time waster. xDD Although I say that in a good/bad way because it's long after when you stop and think "Wow, how long was I playing for? I really didn't do much either." Ahhh that was half my procrastination right there.

#57 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

yukihotaru:
It's price discrimination I tell you!!!
I'm going to wait until I get back to Singapore in December before getting the Sims 3... deliberately raising the price here when they know poor Australians are so isolated from everything else.

Xeiran:
So true. I was watching the trailer for the Sims 3, and all I could think about was how it will lag the computer. ;_;
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#58 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

@lilinnocence
The sims is a time waster and the 3rd one is even more addicting! I was planning on playing for only an hour last night and I ended up playing for three not even releasing that much time went by.

@chemistry
More than it lagging the computer down, its the loading time. When playing the game the times you go to town is also when it lags a lot too.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#59 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:35 AM

.....i got the Sims 3 today....I WAS WEAK OMG I CANT BELIEVE I PAID THIS MUCH!!!!!! And now that lilliinocence told me it's that cheap in JB i think i will kill myself...i TOTALLY forgot to check JB..coz it's so freaking secluded in Adelaide CBD....god.......it's instant noodles and water for me this month...orz

It's installing now...and taking a VERY long time.....i'm gonna get a modder patch online, coz i heard abt the broken story progression...XD

Omg yes! Makin' Magic was awesome! I love the superstar one too! XD Love the songs!

@Chemistry
You know...you can just skip NEXT DOOR to *coughmalaysiacough* and get a pirated one for like...what.....RM10? XD
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#60 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahara Masaki, Takashi-niichan, Ace, Shirogane, Niou Masaharu, Wakatsuki Ryotarou

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

So has anyone else started playing the sims 3 yet? I've just started and it's a lot of fun and just as addicting as the first two. I wasn't planning on getting it originally but I gave in -.-
It's both different and the same.
I really like their new customization, its much better and more fun than before. And I like the fact that they added more skills and got rid of some of the annoying stuff.
But the loading time is just as bad. And I know its not my computer because my computer is basically top of the line.
I'll give more of my opinion once I play more.

@anonymous
Your want about 7 to 8gigs worth of room for the game

I don't agree with you.
I've played Sims 3 for a few days and I must say that it's MUCH FASTER than sims 2. It does not lag in game, everything is smooth.
As for the loading time, neither loading into the town nor CAS takes a long time. I find it quite fast. It doesn't take more than 2 minutes to load up, and it's REALLY fast consider Sims 2 takes up a lot more time.
The only time to complain was the speed up button. It's slow. T_T Other than that, everything was fine, smooth, no lagging.

Do you have all graphic settings on High? Try to lower it if your graphic card can't support them.
My CPU is dual core with 2GB RAM. And my graphic card sucks. I can play the game without lagging and all with settings on low.
So the problem must be with your settings or computer. Because Sims 3 is A LOT faster than sims 2. ...but again, I have tons of custom contents for sims 2...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance