Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

*Goes to site*
*Realises that they even show prices in my native currency* O_O

Really nice! Thank you for the hint, I'll definitely try this!

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#42 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Interests:doodling, drabbling, singing my lungs out (and other people's eardrums off), and fangirlish squealing ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:too many already (what a sinful woman, lol)

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

Err, I don't know if this is the right topic to ask this but I'll go ahead. Apart from buying games, I'm also looking for the best place to buy seiyuu event DVDs especially Neoromance related ones. I live in Indonesia, and I'm a little torn between Play-Asia and Yes-Asia. My friends who open game shops here (unfortunately they don't sell otome GRRRRR) recommend Play-Asia since it said so in the site that it's free delivery within Indonesia.
But from what I read in this thread, price-wise, Yes-Asia might be a better catch since you don't have to pay shipping fee.

.... Hence, confusion. Help? DX

Posted Image

Save Our Seiyuu and Bishies. Period.

Glomps Shaina@LJ for this LOL scan of Uchida

#43 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:20 AM

@midori
LOL IT'S PROLLY ANSWERED IN PLURK, BUT IF I WERE IN YOUR CASE, I'D GO FOR PA SINCE IT'S FREE SHIPPING WITHIN INDONESIA (AS YOU MENTIONED IT SAYS SO).

EDIT: done, updated on the first post

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#44 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,225 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Taniyama Kisho / Tsukimori Len / Tohgane Chiaki

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:59 AM

Midorichan, I always buy DVDs and CDs from CDJapan as they offer a rewards program (coupons AND frequent buyer points) and their prices are the actual retail in Japan, no extra tacked on.

I accumulate about 2500-3000 yen in coupons and Frequent Buyer Points every month from them, which you can apply towards your next order.

For example, I just preordered the Granrodeo Visual Works DVD the other day, and used 2000 yen in coupons and FBP towards it! It ended up only costing half as much because of the coupons and points! And I do this every order (maybe not so much each order, but at least 500 yen off each time) I've never placed an order with them, without having a coupon to use towards my order. They're very generous with the coupons! And the more you spend, the more coupons they send you. Right now, I've got about a dozen unused coupons on file with them! Most are 500 yen coupons, but some are 700 yen and one is 1000 yen. And on top of the coupons, your accumulated FBP add up too. ^^

Their shipping is also very reasonable and the points really help with everything.

So I really recommend CDJapan as the best, most reliable (and lowest priced) place to buy from.

helsakisswaterfalllscripture.jpg

#45 aznkeo

aznkeo

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:57 AM

Has anyone bought off http://www.mandarake.co.jp/?

I've never used them before, and they happen to have an artbook I want on a cheaper price...but I feel sort of unsure and just paying for the expensive shipping on amazon jp xD;; but does anyone have any feedback on them? D:

Posted Image
Hihara Senpai needs moar L O V E
Otome Blog - White Butterfly and I'm Selling Stuff here~

#46 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

I haven't bought anything from Mandarake-- but right now I contacted them regarding a certain item and I'm still waiting for the reply ^^;;

I added Bk1 on the list together with my short feedback.

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#47 Fandramon

Fandramon

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Harumoto, Vlad Dracula, Mephisto, Nyx, Hyuuga, Luva, Clavis, Marcel, Randy, Mel, Suguru, Ryuurou... Hey what's the text limit in this thing, I could go on all day here XD

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

From what I've read about Mandrake, they sell second-hand goods and also have a physical store/stores in Japan, so something could disappear before you can get it. I think they take both paypal and credit card payment, but I'd have to find their english info page to check that ^^;
I recommend searching for merch on their jp side of the site, I remember getting more results there than from the english search O.o
I haven't bought anything from them though, so can't tell you what the service is like ^^;

I bought a couple artbooks off of beNippon, can't recall having any problems and they were leinient with payment time [I think paypal e-cheques let me down at the time ;>>]. Packed up well and no customs hassle either. Their site offers both new and used merch, though you have to manually have the site check for stock [probly makes more sense if you actually see the site, lol].

Acknowledge your sins and embrace the darkness...the gate is open, it's time to raise some Hell!

#48 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

I want to ask, if i want to buy a japanese pc games like Joker no kuni no Alice, which shop is the cheapest or the best? Coz, i live in Indonesia, and Himeya doesn't receive any order from Indonesia.

#49 Choco

Choco

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:being lazy (OYUS), dancing/violin/arts, and of course, EYE CANDY/bishies.
  • Who I fangirl over:any and all bishies <3

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

this might be a bit off topic...but can anyone tell me how long play-asia "prepares the order" until they ship the order? Because I've been waiting for 9 days now and the status is still "preparing order."

Maybe I'm just a bit impatient. But I just want to make sure this is the normal length...since I'm a first-time buyer and all... *is paranoid* lol.

Thanks in advance! :3
Posted Image
Click here for my otome/daily activities blog. C:

#50 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

i'm in bad luck. i have kinokuniya around my place, but they've run out of B's Log May edition. i checked the B's Log official website and they ran out of it too. The entire country doesn't have May edition anymore, and most websites recommended here don't carry otome mags. Does anyone know where else I can try my luck? I really want the TMGS3 notebook and hakuouki featurette in this issue...T_T

#51 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,225 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Taniyama Kisho / Tsukimori Len / Tohgane Chiaki

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

I recently purchased the April B's Log from Hobbylink Japan but I just checked and even they're sold out of the May edition!

I see some on Amazon.co.jp but used. Maybe you can buy it through kaho-sama. ^^

Good luck!

SEtsuna

helsakisswaterfalllscripture.jpg

#52 Roses4Aria

Roses4Aria

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, video gaming--especially otome games!--anime, and Japanese culture.
  • Who I fangirl over:Harada, Saint Germain, and Mahiro

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

In reply to Choco, I've actually had a lot of trouble with Play Asia of late. I've had an order with them for Hiiro no Kakera 3 on PSP since the end of April, and the status on it STILL says "preparing order." I had another order for a PSP game that I ordered at the beginning of May and they just now contacted me today to let me know it was unavailable and cancel it. I've never had this much trouble with them before, as in the past my orders always shipped out within three weeks.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem recently. :(

#53 Shigeruu

Shigeruu

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kaji Aoi, Kuran Kaname, Namikaze Minato, Kuchiki Byakuya

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

this might be a bit off topic...but can anyone tell me how long play-asia "prepares the order" until they ship the order? Because I've been waiting for 9 days now and the status is still "preparing order."

Maybe I'm just a bit impatient. But I just want to make sure this is the normal length...since I'm a first-time buyer and all... *is paranoid* lol.

Thanks in advance! :3

I personally think that Play-Asia gives the best service so far. I bought from PA several times and never had any problem. It usually takes a few days to one week, but it also depends on the product's availability. On a special case, it may take longer. Don't worry, I know how you feel. I did feel very anxious too on my first purchase.

#54 Honey

Honey

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Zero-chin <> Miyano Mamoru <> Suwabe Jun'ichi <> Andreas Froehlich

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

Hi hope I'm allowed to post this here...
I want to buy WoF for PS2 but my PS2 won't go with it, cause I'm from europe (exactly germany) and so I wanted to ask, if anyone knows where to buy a asian ps2?

[Parts of the post have been removed. Please read the rules before posting.]

Posted Image Posted Image

#55 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi hope I'm allowed to post this here...
I want to buy WoF for PS2 but my PS2 won't go with it, cause I'm from europe (exactly germany) and so I wanted to ask, if anyone knows where to buy a asian ps2?

@Honey : You could try Play-asia.com or Yesasia.com

[Parts of the post have been removed. Please read the rules before posting.]
Posted Image

#56 Honey

Honey

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Zero-chin <> Miyano Mamoru <> Suwabe Jun'ichi <> Andreas Froehlich

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

yes, but they're not selling consoles ;__;

Posted Image Posted Image

#57 kamehime

kamehime

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Nishikado Soujiro

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

yes, but they're not selling consoles ;__;

Umm play asia sells systems here. Yes asia sells a japan region system but it is way overpriced compared to other options. the link is here.

You could look into ebay as well. Actually put "asian region ps2" into a search with "import" and/or "store" and it should bring up some online stores that sell them but that tends to be expensive.

Certain game stores will put a chip into a ps2 that will make it region free (you can also do this yourself but i think it would be hard) but it voids the warranty of the system and i think it might be illegal.

I would look into getting an override/boot disc though. It is a disc that you can put into any ps2 that will override the region protection and boot a game or dvd. I have Swap magic here is the link. It is 100% legal in the US but I would check if it is legal where you live. It is a more inexpensive option since you don't have to import the whole system.

Hope that helps. Good Luck!
"Wouldn't it be a lovely headline: Life is Beautiful, on the New York Times?" -Rufus Wainwright

#58 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

I've had pretty good experiences with amiami for games and such.
They respond to your questions pretty quickly.
Their paying system needs getting used to ( you can pay with paypal, but have to wait for a confirmation of the price and get a special ID code and *then* you can pay them through paypal.

They usually have some % of discount on their items too, so they're usually cheaper than cd-japan etc.

Shipping doesn't take too long either, usually in 1-2 weeks.
Sorry for short/slow responses...

RSI sucks lol:p

my stupid blog XD

#59 Yunii

Yunii

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:hot bishies

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

What about otome 18+ games? Looking for Sugar beans games to be exact

#60 Kagetsuu

Kagetsuu

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Jin from Bloody Call

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

is there a good place to order/pre-order the newest PC japanese games?
Thanks,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance