chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:18 AM

This is semi-relevant, but I can't find any other suitable thread to put this Q in. So.

Does anyone know where to buy B's Log?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm at the end of my tether searching for it. XD

I've checked Yesasia (only have 2006 issues) and Playasia (NIL). I tried to check the brick-and-mortar Kinokuniya in Singapore where I got my Habataki Watcher, but they don't seem to have it either.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#22 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

This is semi-relevant, but I can't find any other suitable thread to put this Q in. So.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm at the end of my tether searching for it. XD

I've checked Yesasia (only have 2006 issues) and Playasia (NIL). I tried to check the brick-and-mortar Kinokuniya in Singapore where I got my Habataki Watcher, but they don't seem to have it either.

CD Japan is the only one I know, but I think they don't sell single issues but only subscriptions...

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#23 takumi

takumi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:aoi.

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

If you're talking about kinokuniya. I didn't try to ask them about B's Log mag, maybe you could try to ask and order them personally? Because i went to Kinokuniya to order Manga mag like Cheese! and Betsucomi personally since they don't have it.

Other than that, you could try Amazon.jp if you really want single issues with the help of agent. my friend from singapore have it helped from agent to get stuff from amazon.jp

Posted Image
ICON

#24 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:34 AM

I made a serch with Yes Asia, they have 2008 issues O_o You have to search for "bs log"

Posted Image

#25 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

Ah! The apostrophe that makes all the difference >_>.

Thanks litewolf, takumi, for your input. I know where to go now. Generally, I don't like to use CDJapan/Amazon.jp because the shipping costs a bomb (Yesasia=mostly free), so I'll only use those as a last resort. Like buying old, released in the 90s type of things.

takumi:
I thought Kinokuniya brought in Cheese! though. I was dwaddling there in Dec 07/Jan 08 and being a busybody at the magazine section. Thought I saw it... I thought that usually if it's not listed on their online catalogue it wouldn't be available for order. Habataki Watcher was, and I did, order it.

But ordering from Kino's a problem for me now since I won't be in Singapore for the greater part of the year.
Posted Image

#26 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Ah! The apostrophe that makes all the difference >_>.

Thanks litewolf, takumi, for your input. I know where to go now. Generally, I don't like to use CDJapan/Amazon.jp because the shipping cost a bomb (Yesasia=mostly free), so I'll only use those as a last resort. Like buying old, released in the 90s type of things.

Yes Asia is a pain when it comes to search something...you should always try different combinations or single words to improve your chances ^^;;

You're welcome~ I don't know how much is true, but I read that CDJapan can be cheaper than kinokuniya(?) sometimes...

Posted Image

#27 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:25 AM

You're welcome~ I don't know how much is true, but I read that CDJapan can be cheaper than kinokuniya(?) sometimes...

Kinokuniya still uses an old exchange rate from yen to SGD (at least, that's what I read), back when Singapore's economy wasn't so strong, and since it's cheaper to buy yen with SGD now, it works out to be a bit more expensive than some online stores (CDJapan). However, when you factor in the shipping cost (3500 yen, around there?) to the price of the product, which is no pittance at all, CDJapan's still more expensive. Plus, with Kinokuniya, you can sign up for a membership card, which although costs some money (20SGD), is valid for a whole year, gives you 10% off books (not stationery or magazines though. I think), and 20% off storewide during the Christmas season, and other appointed times (like 2-9 August!!! AND I CAN'T GO AND BUY THINGS BECAUSE I AM IN AUSTRALIA!!! ;;_;; The horror... ).

Hence,

Generally,

Kinokuniya is still cheaper.

At least in my case.
Posted Image

#28 zcbml

zcbml

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hisui, Abe no Yasutsugu

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:32 AM

I buy my from yesasia. Haven't tried any of the other website, except amazon and ebay. Good resources though
~ Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

~ Kurt Vonnegut

~ 色は臭へど 散りぬるを 

我が世誰そ 常ならむ 
有為の奥山 今日越えて 
浅き夢みし 酔ひもせず

Posted Image

#29 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

For European members.

It seems Play Asia cut us off from buying games for PSP and PS3 consoles ==;; But there should be no problems for all other consoles.

I discovered it by chance while looking for a description of the NeoAnge premium box ==;

Posted Image

#30 christania

christania

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:-Otome Games of course
    -Bunches of other types of video games except sports games (maybe the odd golf game if it's cute characters but that's about it on sports) mostly I play rpg's
    -Reading: mostly fantasy and science fiction
    -Karaoke (I love to sing! hahahaha)
    -Listening to all sorts of music
    -Watching all sorts of movies (sci-fi is my fav)
  • Who I fangirl over:*sigh* it's no good... I can't decide! lol

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

About places to buy games... I was browsing play-asia and yes asia to do a little price comparison, and it seems that play-asia is slightly cheaper on some of their titles. Also, it appears that play-asia has a little wider game selection for consoles (some series). I guess it really just depends on what you're looking for.

and yeah [url="http://www.himeyashop.com/index.php"%20target="_blank"]
HimeyaShop[/url] has a lot of stuff there, too.

I'd check those three places and go with the best price if they all have the game I want.

#31 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

With Play-Asia, you shouldn't check while browsing, but preparing an order since Play-Asia has shipping fees and custom taxes that Yes-Asia doesn't have (rather, their shipping fees are included in the prices of the games. Custom taxes are nihil if in the lucky countries).
But it's true that Play Asia keeps more games (rather, they are more inclined to search them).

So to everyone, never forget to calculate shipping fees and custom taxes~

Posted Image

#32 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

okay, here are my recommedations.

For buying books:

For those that doesnt have kinokuniya at where you live. (like me because I live in a hole)
Anyway, I ordered my b's log, LALA, CanCam via CDJapan magazine subscription. I checked, and the price of the magazine is reasonable, (compared to the price in yes asia). But as everyone mentioned, it is the shipping fee that kills. e.g A LALA would cost me $7 to buy, the shipping itself works out to be $15....==
And then there is the waiting time for it to arrive...

But if you have kinokuniya, (I knew the price from where I used to live)
The magazines are expensive, because they already included the rip off shipping fee in it. If they are not available, you can go to their counter and ask for subscription, but I dont think they are as flexible as CDJapan, and they only take subscriptions at certain times of the year.

Bottomline is, Go buy it from Kinokuniya if there is one around you. If not, get a subscription like me from CDJapan.

But if you want something fast, and buy in a big bulk. I recommend amazon.jp. Because the price there is cheaper, and more variety, but the shipping kills. Good thing though, you will receive it in 3 days! :"D

Buying games & CD:

Most otome games turn out more expensive in play-asia than yesasia. Play-asia also make you pay for shipping fees whereas YesAsia is free. But the good thing is, if there is a game on pre-order, order it with Play Asia instead of YesAsia because from my experience, YesAsia always take forever to get the games sent out. ==

So if you are in no rush, just order it from Yesasia as it works out cheaper. But just expect to wait a while before it arrives.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#33 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

For European members.

It seems Play Asia cut us off from buying games for PSP and PS3 consoles ==;; But there should be no problems for all other consoles.

I discovered it by chance while looking for a description of the NeoAnge premium box ==;

Noo~! I'm really sad to hear that, never got to buy anything from them before this ;_; At least I guess that means that I can still get DS games from them.... oh well.

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#34 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Reading, music, games, violin
  • Who I fangirl over:Benkei san, Kazahaya, Yunoki, Tuskimori kun & Shimizu kun

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

Lately, I found myself buying games from HMV. I mean, they usually have discount on stuffs (games as well). In addition, if you are aiming for tokuten, they usually have it even if you didn't pre-order the game. I got Hakuouki limited edition like 2 weeks after it was released & it still came with the tokuten. & the game was less than 8000 yen too. The only problem with HMV is that it only use EMS, but the price is reasonable & in most cases are not that much more expensive than normal air mail.

#35 Kairi

Kairi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading mangas, hanging out wiht friends and playing games XDDD
  • Who I fangirl over:there are maaaaany XDD

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

i live in germany, can anyone tell me which one is good for me??

Posted Image

#36 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

CD-Japan question:
I want to put an order through them and was wondering, is the registered air mail reliable according to your experience? I'd rather save up the EMS money for the can't-avoid-it amazon order I'll do next month >_>;;

Posted Image

#37 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

@litewolf
Yes it is, it usually get to me in a week or two's time 8D.
Although you might want to consider NOT to combine stuff on a later date, cause that happened to me and my lol!first press edition is "not available" in some circumstances =_=

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#38 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

just like to add to the list, you can now buy things off Rakuten Japan because they offer international shipping now ^^

They only ship to a few countries as listed on the site, and only shop by EMS. But the positive thing is, you can probably buy game at a cheaper prize in Rakuten than the other rip off online shops.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:33 AM

Just curious, is this the same as multi-product shipping service? @_@
I just want to make sure bec. last time, I read they charge 3.5k yen (max. of 5 items) per order

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#40 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:43 AM

no, its just an online shop in Japan like Yahoo shopping. Its the biggest online shopping in Japan, so you deal with each online shop individually, so there is no handling fee or anything unless the shop itself charges it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance