62 replies to this topic

#1 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:08 AM

Since there are a lot of people are asking where to buy those otome goods here's a list of site where you can buy online; If you know a local shop, feel free to add it here so people will know where to get it from your local area~~
This is by no means that we endorse these sites, they are only here for your reference.

Posted Image
Spoiler

Play-Asia
Posted Image

Spoiler

Himeya Shop
Spoiler

NCSX
=>You can pre-order Japanese games and they use UPS or USPS for delivery
=> They also have figures too
Spoiler

CDJapan

Posted Image
For Game soundtrack, otome game event DVDs, games

Bonus on games: Sometimes they have tokutens that comes with the games. It will be stated on the product info~

Rakuten Japan
Ignore the LOL google translation of the sites. The shipping is by EMS only, but you can find games cheaper there.
Payment: CC only for oversea buyers
Edit: There are some shops ships directly and some offers Airmail shipping too! Just have to dig them hard ^^ - akuram

Bk1
The site is in Japanese only
For books and magazines; they don't ship cds and dvds overseas
Payment: Credit Card
Shipping method: SAL, Airmail, EMS、OCS
Spoiler

AmiAmi

Shipping method: SAL, EMS, Airmail
Payment method: Credi card, Paypal

For all kinds of stuffs: Figures, CD, videos, game, books and magazines
Usually they offer discount for preorders (additional $ if you want their exclusive tokuten) and now they have a point system.

My LOL thoughts:
I ordered a figure set from them and I was satisfied with their packaging. Would definitely order from them again especially they now have the point system XD

Misc Stuffs

Kakaku.com
If you buy from Japan regularly and you wanna compare the price, do check it out because it compares the price between different webshops.

well feel free to add more~~~~ I didn't add ebay bec. some people there tend to rip off people most of the time

List of JP shops that accepts foreign CC:
- Comicomi2x
- Animate
- BK1
- Anitama
- Jolly Plaza

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#2 niichan

niichan

Queen Otaku

• Fatas
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:-Otome/neoromance/BxG games. (Bishounen!)<br />-Anime/manga/dorema to an extend<br />-Drawing/playing console/handheld/PC games<br />-Music: every kind<br />-Japan/ Thailand because I was born there XD<br />-Thai kitchen<br />-Science...<br />-Amusement parks<br />list can go forever really!
  • Who I fangirl over: too many bishies

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:16 AM

Paletweb
They can take req. Like if they don't have it or you can't find it just req. it. They will look for it. There prices are pretty good to from what I heard. Cheaper then Himeya.

I don't really have experience with online shops because I'm not allowed to use them until I will leave home and start my own life.

Posted Image
Please read the rules!

Spoiler

#3 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:40 PM

Rinkya
will bid on things from Yahoo Japan auctions and ship them for you but since you're having to read the auction in japanese, that can be even more confusing and hard to protect yourself from a bad deal. still, it's a place to look for obscure and out of print things, and they can be cheaper than new?

(be careful you aren't bidding on audio CDs when you meant to bid on games! :) but there is an Under the Moon category, an Angelique category, etc.)

#4 fouzya

fouzya

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Teru Saeki Tokimeki memorial Girl's side 2nd kiss

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

Which one is the best as for shipping to Europe? any idea?

#5 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:04 PM

I don't know which is best, but I can share my experience.

I went with both PlayAsia and YesAsia.
PlayAsia managed to block the funds of my prepaid CC because they asked the avaiability first with one order, and then asked the payment with a different order, leading the bank to block everything. Split my order into 3 without saying a thing to me (I later removed one of the 3 and got that item with YesAsia). Out of the 2 remaining orders (economy shipment), one arrived 2 weeks after the shipping date, the other one 2 months later (I thought it was lost...). And thanks to the splitment, I had to pay more of custom taxes (since they also depend on the number of packages).
YesAsia did everything just fine, and the package arrived 4 days after the shipment instead of the 6 that they foresaw. And free shipment (= no custom taxes).

After this small adventure, now I go with YesAsia as much as I can >_< Maybe I was just unlucky, I don't know ; ;

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#6 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:16 AM

LOL EXCUSE MY CAPS (if I do indeed jump to caps all of a sudden) LOL.
I feel that I am going to sound like some no-life person buying stuff online, sobs.

litewolf, this often happens when you use a prepaid credit card, I had that happened to me, so I switched over to a credit card and things work smoothly then. Or if you can't get a credit card, you could try paypal :).

Anyway, here's my 0.986794567890 cent 8D. *points to the first post*

Okay this POS is long enough, so I will STHU 8D.

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#7 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:15 AM

I have many different reasons to stick with my pre-paid for the time being, maybe I'll try PayPal in the future...

Anyway, extra European bits of info.

YesAsia has an European shipping center in Germany, reason why we apply for the free shipment service.

Regarding custom taxes from outside Europe to UE countries
If you use economic shipment, be ready to pay up to 30% more the stated value of your shipment for custom, IVA and whatever. If your package is very small and under 30EUR or so, it may pass without taxes, but it depends a lot from your local mailing service.
If you apply for a courrier, you won't pay more than what declared by them (exceptions may arise but they should call you and inform you if you have to pay more).

Posted Image

#8 lijakaca

lijakaca

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Otome games
    Shoujo manga
    Music
  • Who I fangirl over:LizVaan, Riku in Hisui no Shizuku, Hajime Kusanagi, Ashvin

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

I live in Canada, and I use Yesasia, I find they ship quickly and I haven't had any problems with them. I love online shopping, I can add upcoming games to my wishlist and then just move them to the cart when I have money (or just can't wait any longer! :smile: )

I bought Bakumatsu Renka Shinsengumi from Play Asia because it was the only place I could find it, and the price was good, but then I had to pay customs when I picked it up at the post office, which I don't for Yesasia stuff, so it ended up being more.

#9 Mangamaroon

Mangamaroon

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:^^ This might take a bit, so I'll make it short, I like mangas, animes, and video-games. ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:... All. XD

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

^^ Those are all good websites.
www.amazon.co.jp is good, too. ^^ I prefer the other ones listed though, it's a tad bit hard to find stuff on Amazon. ^^
www.Ebay.com carries a lot of stuff too, but a lot of it is auctioning, unless the seller allows you to "Buy now".
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 summer88

summer88

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:chemistry, yaoi, otome games, ps2, psp, cake, japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsuchiura, Hihara, Yuzuru, Kurou, Ridvan

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:48 AM

I think YesAsia and Play-Asia are slightly the same. Prices may differ a bit. Both sites usually have free shipping (I'm in Singapore) so that's good? :3

YesAsia, you can buy coupons for your friends to use too (:

Play-Asia sometimes ships items faster too. I've bought from YA twice, not only for games but for photobooks, and it's been pretty good. Processing may take some time but shipping has always been faster than expected.

#11 Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Anime l Manga l Cosplay l Photography l Figure l Tea l Bishonen
  • Who I fangirl over:Too much to say.But mostly long-haired bishonen epecially with eyeglasses :D

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

I live in Indonesia i must use YesAsia or Play Asia?

#12 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

I live in Indonesia i must use YesAsia or Play Asia?

You can use both, best way is to check prices with both and see where you would spend less shipment included.

Posted Image

#13 Fumi

Fumi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shimizu-kun >.< And Shimon-kun, and Kaji-kun, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and um, yeahs >.>

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:26 AM

Oh! Um, this is a play-asia update I guess. I made an order two weeks ago and got it today and it came with a coupon. So I think they lowered their requirements for giving coupons because my bill was only $26 and it was two CD's...

#14 Amatite

Amatite

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Tomomasa, Olivie, Julious, Suefumi

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:10 AM

I've been looking to find a place to buy any of the games. I really would like to buy the first game, because of the fact that they are the characters that the anime is based off of. Since I have no idea if the PS2 that i have will play Japanese only games I feel as though I have no options. I would like to be able to find something that I can play on my computer, since I am normally out with it all of the time.
Any help would be great! either that, or some way to test my current PS2 to see if I would be able to play the games on.

#15 kuguinha

kuguinha

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Okita Souji <3

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

It depends where you bought your PS2.

For example: since I'm from Europe, my PS2 only runs european versions of the games. I can't order from USA or ASIA because it will not run~

Only if you hack your PS2 xD

#16 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

unless you buy another ps2, which isn't actually that hard these days, you can find people throwing perfectly working ones out because they want a ps3 instead... so you can import a ps2 from a different region pretty easy

#17 Sharakael

Sharakael

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Abeno Yasuaki, Curtis Nile

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

I created a thread for people who might want Play-Asia coupons or who might want to share coupons they wouldn't use.

http://forum.my-neor...?showtopic=1023

Otome Gaming Diary
(where I rant and babble...)

My favourites character traits: megane, aniki, megane, osananajimi, megane, 2-faces, megane... have I said megane yet?

Playing: Iro-iro (short attention span...)
To Play: ...iro-iro? (too many)

#18 anonymous

anonymous

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:??...but there are so many to fangirl over..

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

Only if you hack your PS2 xD

You can install a mpdchip or such..
It's scary though.. A wrong move and the PS2 can get broken..
O.o

Posted Image
Sorry Sorry, Super Junior.. <3 clickiez the sig

#19 cyelz

cyelz

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

I live in Indonesia and I use Play-Asia.com. My order arrived in 5 days and I used a Credit Card.. no problem so far.. I received a coupon too (my bill was $34). The import tax is cheap, around Rp. 3000,- (that's around.. $0.3)

I haven't tried another webstore though.

#20 RuthLovesKurama

RuthLovesKurama

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Kurama. Anime, Manga, Bishounens, video games, writing, Drawing, Art, Sleeping, eating..
  • Who I fangirl over:Kurama, Yunoki, Eisen, ok basically all bishies.

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

I wished Playasia took money orders. T_T Now, that they have PC games as well, I saw heart no kuni no alice, and clover there. Still high but at least the shipping ain't 20 bucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance