Haruka 3 OVA Anime

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

I'm glad I watched this half way through my first character, at least I understood something without getting spoiled too much just Atsumori...

Anyway, wanted to share two strips from the OVA's albums

First Night
Spoiler

Second Night
Spoiler

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#42 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

I didn't know they made an OVA for Haruka 3 now I have to go download and watch it. I haven't played the game but at least this should give me some idea if I like it or not.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#43 sheepishsheep

sheepishsheep

一生直兄さん押し

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Interests:Piano, reading manga, gaming, fangaying/fangirling blah blah... Baa baa
  • Who I fangirl over:教えるわけなし(^_^)

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

I dies at the strips. shall go look for the whole albums now >w<
LOL they are hilarious! XD

I was O.O at the first end (before she went back in time again of course)
血を吐くように、必死にフルコンを追いかけたから...
Spoiler

- Supporter of Save Our Bishies and Save Our Seiyuu -
˜†Seiyuu of the day/ week/ month/ year: Nao-nii˜†

#44 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:18 AM

So I watched the OVA and I really liked it~ And thanks to everyones explanations in the earlier posts I could understand most of it. I'm definitely adding this to one of the games I'm going to play. The female main character is so much better than the ones in the earlier Haruka animes/games, shes really cool~
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#45 Nanako

Nanako

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yasuaki

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:11 AM

this one seemed pretty random...like out of the blue....and it ended pretty abruptly

#46 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:23 AM

I guess it seems random because unless you have played the game already, you wont understand it. because unlike previous Haruka games, in Haruka 3, each bishie has their own route and storylines...

So if you had to put it in anime, it wont really work...(You cant keep having the miko travelling in time to save different bishies)
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#47 Nanako

Nanako

Open Otaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yasuaki

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:41 AM

It feels very abrupt, random...I feel like there needs to be a complete series, not just one random episode.

But I haven't played the game, so I guess it was meant for those who have.

Either way, though, the bishies are soooo hot in this!!! :P

#48 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Interests:doodling, drabbling, singing my lungs out (and other people's eardrums off), and fangirlish squealing ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:too many already (what a sinful woman, lol)

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:51 AM

LOL, I know this is old news, but I can't help it. I accidentally saw the OVA when I was browsing in crunchyroll. I've been thinking for months now to watch Harutoki and Angelique (thanks to you guys who made me so curious!! XD). I'm especially interested in Harutoki since I love Japanese history and who can resist a Koei bishified version of real Japanese heroes =w=

But I got hesitant on watching Hachiyoso because I heard the main character was wimp-like and useless. Since I don't want to be reminded all over again about Miaka, I put my wishes to watch Hachiyoso on hold. And then I found Harutoki 3 Anime!!! Now when it comes to Harutoki 3, I'm most curious since you guys said how the heroine can kick a*s this time around. So I guess, what the heck, I should be working but my curiosity got the better of me and I watched the 59 minute OVA. And wow, did my jaws dropped when I watched it! I WUUUUUUVVVV it!!!!!! The animation quality and the cast nailed me completely. To be honest, I don't really get most of the story until I read Kaho-san's explanations in the earlier part of the thread (thank you for that!).

I know it's weird to have favorites when I've only seen them in animation for only 59 minutes and haven't played the game yet, but I adore Benkei! He reminds me of Yunoki somehow, LOL.. And not to mention he's one of the most famous Japanese heroes I know. After reading Kaho-san's explanations, I went o____O. Why do I always fall for the tragic characters? And I started liking Miyata after watching it XD
I cried when Liz died for some reason, so I guess he's next in my favorites list. Tomomori only appeared briefly so I don't really know about his character (I've been most curious about him =p).

And now you guys are slowly turning me into a Harutoki fan! ^^
Too bad I haven't played the game yet. Still trying to improve my Japanese first.

PS: I don't know whether it should be made into a whole series. I think it should, since the story seems so wonderful. But after hearing from you guys that the story depends on whosever route you're taking, than what kind of story would they put into a whole series. Surely they're not going to make a separate anime series for each character right?

Posted Image

Save Our Seiyuu and Bishies. Period.

Glomps Shaina@LJ for this LOL scan of Uchida

#49 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

I am glad you are gradually being converted to a Haruka fan ^^

Oh, dont worry, the miko in Haruka Hachiyoshou is NO WHERE near as annoying as Miaka. She is more like Hino Kahoko actually. because she was the player of the otome game, so she doesnt really have a personality.

For me, Hachiyoshou was okay but some of the episodes were boring for me. I would recommend watching the Haruka2 OVA though, it only has 3 episodes, the drawings are ALOT nicer, and the storyline more interesting.

As for Haruka3, if you havent already I have done the translation routes for Tomomori and hinoe and you can read them there. An I figured that you would like benkei because, yes, he is like Yunoki but in a even darker way. (because he lives in war times and not happy school life times like Corda?)

I too agree they should make the whole thing into series, but I guess like mentioned before, it would be hard. I guess it would make more sense now for KOEI to make Haruka4 into anime, because unlike the others, there really is one main character in there, and since it is already made into manga at the moment, I guess there is a higher change of Haruka4 becoming TV series~
Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Interests:doodling, drabbling, singing my lungs out (and other people's eardrums off), and fangirlish squealing ^^

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:16 AM

Yes I'm being converted and it's all thanks to you guys *pouting* <-- but secretly happy 8D

LOL, is it that obvious that I would have Benkei as my favorite since I wuv Yunoki? I guess I go for the same kind of bishies: the closet seme types >w< (and sadly the tragic ones T_T). He's darker? Kyahh, I think I will like him more!! <-- okay I'm now clearly showing my uke roots.

Ah, yeah I've seen your Tomomori translation. A big applause to you btw, Kaho-san, since you're juggling a lot (DLF endings, Silver Orchid, the wonderful otome games, etc) but still manage to translate that route. I've only read the first part and not completed yet after watching the OVA. To be honest, I'm most curious about Tomomori since you took the time to translate his whole route alone. So he must be special (not to mention you've been declaring your love for him since I'm sure before I even joined this place ^^). I've only gotten to the dancing scene, and so far I'm loving it. I get the feeling that I will be converted into his fan too =p

Are you planning to translate Benkei's route too? LOL, nah I'm not going to add your workload. After watching the OVA, I dropped by on the other discussion threads about Haruka 3 because I was so curious about Benkei XD
Too bad that since the OVA is based on Masaomi's route, there is so little on the other characters. I wanted to see Kurou yelling "Aniue" too and I'm reeeeeallly curious about Liz-sensei (did I spell his name right? I'm confused since his name is romanized differently in different sites).

Haruka 4? Yeah I've seen the trailer and I was surprised that the lead character is voiced by Inoue and not MikiShin (who plays Hikitsu instead?? LOL, too many Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden for me. I heart MikiShin's voice =D). So this is the seiyuu shuffling that you guys have been talking about (kicks self again for being so behind on this stuff). And it has a manga too? Just curious, compared to Haruka 3, which do you think is better? Since you've played both of course. Thank you so much for the recommendations. I'm glad that the first miko is nothing like Miaka since gosh, I can't stand another Miaka ><

Posted Image

#51 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

Out of Haruka3 and 4, I would say, gamewise I like Haruka3 more, better storyline (per character). But I like the people in Haruka4 more. In comparison, there isnt a person in haruka4 that I didnt like.

If you want to see more of Haruka 3 videos, you can find them in VIP where litewolf posted some. Well, mainly Tomomori ones xD

But maybe if you request Benkei ones, she could post those for you too.

ps. I say Benkei is darker because...
Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 Miryu

Miryu

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I fell for all Hachiyos and Hihara~

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:52 AM

Haruka 3's anime has only OVA - Kurenai no Tsuki , right?

I think that I see some animetion og this part in some video clips in youtube , but those scenes aren't in the OVA.

It made me confuse.

#53 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

Kaho-san: Thank youuuuus for the info!!! *hugs* Err, that is indeed wayyyy darker.
Spoiler
I can't really say who I don't like since well, I've only seen the OVA so I can't make a fair judgement. But based on what I saw here in some of the threads
Spoiler

Miryu-san: If you want to watch it, you can go to Crunchyroll. I watched it there.

Posted Image

#54 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

midorihime:

Spoiler

*gasp* Just realised Yunoki and Hihara are friends and now Benkei and Kurou?? Is there a pattern I see here? xD

Miryu:

The anime you see are from the game. There were some events of the game that actually had animation in it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

Kaho-san

Spoiler

Posted Image

#56 princit

princit

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yorihisa, Yasuaki, Suefumi, Kurou, Atsumoriiiiii

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

I totally agree!!! Haruka 3 OVA was amazing!! I got addicted to Haruka3 after watching it and started going after more videos (buy youtube has just few =<) . By the way, did you watch the omake? Where the guys are in an osen and try to remove Rid-sensei mask? They made them chibi, and it’s soooooooooo cute and hilarious!!!

I watched all episodes of Hachiyoshou, I was delighted. Isn’t funny how Akane has all those 8 guys fighting for her, but she falls for Akuran? XD I think she is clever! My only complaints are the ending itself:
Spoiler

I tried to watch Haruka1 OVAs, but I just couldn’t, their looks are just sooooo bizarre.
Oh, do you know if there is any place with Haruka2 subtitled? Since I have no intentions to buy the game *looks too much with Haruka1 to me*, I could at least enjoy the animation. ^^

#57 midorihimesama

midorihimesama

バカ姫

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

Ah yes I saw that chibi episode too ^^ Kawaiii!!! I'm happy that Atsumori got more part in it since I think he's underused in the OVA. And Liz-sensei's mask is priceless!!! Kurou in the chibi version reminds me of Ryuuki, since Seki sounds so silly! XD
Is the chibi episode part of the OVA too? Confused..

Posted Image

#58 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:12 AM

I watched this anime a while ago and the thing I liked most was that the dragons was men. It were nice if you could end up with the dragon god. And I like the image of a strong miko but I agree. The OVA says: You want know more than play the game. It is like Saint Beast where you have to hear the dramas to get the full story.

#59 veggie

veggie

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:food.<br />music.<br />bishies.<br />music.<br />sleep.<br />music.<br />life.<br />music.<br />
  • Who I fangirl over:most of the guys from harutoki 3, and just a lot of other bishies :D

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:08 AM

AH DUDE NO
they licensed all of the haruka anime videos on crunchyroll!!!!!!!! T___T
hella messed up...
i found websites with most of them except the haruka 3 OVA! T_________T
does anyone know where i can watch it (w/ english subs preferably)?

nevermind about the previous post
i found a way to watch it :P => XP
hiiii :3

#60 Myth

Myth

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kaji Aoi

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

Well, I have to say I've watched Haruka 3 OVA without having played the game (probably not a good idea) and after seeing Maihitoyo, because of which I have a good mix in my mind :wink: , but I really liked it, except the ending: what-a-pity, I was left thinking "what will happen next !?". It would have been the perfect end for an anime episode(*yay*).

Honestly, I would prefer an anime series for Haruka3: asides the original Harukanaru, I've seen images and pics from the four parts and this third one is the best. What I wish they won't keep on doing is more such a bad Haruka1 OVAs: except from Maihitoyo, the animation in the rest is really bad and they add nothing new to the story we know. So stopping is the best thing to do. I really think so.
--------------------
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance