• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

I started playing this yesterday and I decided to play as Rosalia.
People who have played the original Duet told me that playing as Rosalia was easy. I didn't understand what that really meant back then but now I know...
Angelique as your rival...is kind of pitiful. :x (
I managed to get shrines to all the guardians before Angelique could even get one shrine up.
However...she managed to get the first heart in the first evaluation because Zephel liked her more than me/Rosalia while the others were undecided. ><;
But the annoying thing is...she is not above hindering Felicia...I guess it can't be helped since she is way behind me in cultivation.

I like the animations for the guardians sacrea blessing and removing sacrea...it definitely is much better than the orignal Super Famicon version. ^^; I wish I could see the actual animated ones that were on the PS1 but it'd probably be too much for the DS (if it was on the PSP it'd be different).

Another amusing thing is that the sprites move better here. In my first dream after the first evaluation I saw Zephel running...it was such a surprise because in the original it looked like he was speed walking in that dream. XD

On dates it's interesting to see red hearts float from the guardian after a successful date. You also see a red heart float up when ask them for sacrea or greet them somewhere outside the mansion.

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#2 Lunna

Lunna

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Bishounens!!!!Games,anime e manga!^o^
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis,Zephel,Lumiele,it's too many!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:32 PM

Sugoi!!!! I go to buy this now!!!
But a question will be that it functions normally in American's Nintendo DS?^^''
And where I can buy? He forgives for the questions!^^''
*again sorry for my poor english!*
My Deviantart
l sla ned l e-govaded vn ... Nessa Calmcacil

#3 niichan

niichan

Queen Otaku

• Fatas
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:-Otome/neoromance/BxG games. (Bishounen!)<br />-Anime/manga/dorema to an extend<br />-Drawing/playing console/handheld/PC games<br />-Music: every kind<br />-Japan/ Thailand because I was born there XD<br />-Thai kitchen<br />-Science...<br />-Amusement parks<br />list can go forever really!
  • Who I fangirl over: too many bishies

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:27 AM

thank you for the impressions Hazuki. Sounds like a nice game but about the animations....I think the DS can handle it easy since FF3 has FMV and some other games do to...I guess Koei got lazy? :P

hmmm. If I get my super card I might get this....or if it's really amazing import it :3

Posted Image
Please read the rules!

Spoiler

#4 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:41 AM

Thank you for your impressions :D One question: other than the difficulty, are there other differencies between playing as Rosalia or Angelique?

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#5 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

Sugoi!!!! I go to buy this now!!!
But a question will be that it functions normally in American's Nintendo DS?^^''
And where I can buy? He forgives for the questions!^^''
*again sorry for my poor english!*

All Nintendo DS's are region free (well all hand held consoles are region free) so you don't have to worry about the game being compatible or not. When you turn on your Nintendo DS for the first time it even asks you which language you want it to be in. But if the game is Japanese it will still run in Japanese. I bought my game at playasia.com

thank you for the impressions Hazuki. Sounds like a nice game but about the animations....I think the DS can handle it easy since FF3 has FMV and some other games do to...I guess Koei got lazy?

I guess Koei is lazy...they don't even do full voice for the original versions. ><;
Speaking of voice...I forgot to mention that there is no voice at all in this version.
In the GBA at least when you were in level 5 of affecton with a guardian and you went to visit them you could hear voice. ;_;

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.

#6 niichan

niichan

Queen Otaku

• Fatas
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:-Otome/neoromance/BxG games. (Bishounen!)<br />-Anime/manga/dorema to an extend<br />-Drawing/playing console/handheld/PC games<br />-Music: every kind<br />-Japan/ Thailand because I was born there XD<br />-Thai kitchen<br />-Science...<br />-Amusement parks<br />list can go forever really!
  • Who I fangirl over: too many bishies

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:33 PM

I guess Koei is lazy...they don't even do full voice for the original versions. ><;
Speaking of voice...I forgot to mention that there is no voice at all in this version.
In the GBA at least when you were in level 5 of affecton with a guardian and you went to visit them you could hear voice. ;_;

Seems that Koei dicided they wanted to cash in on the success of the DS lol. No voice....I usually don't realy care for it since I want to read fast but it's stil a shame. I mean. FFCC: RoF uses VA....
and lol at GBA having voice acting at least for a bit! jeez Koei, just don't release the game if you don't want to bring the real finished product >___>

Posted Image
Please read the rules!

Spoiler

#7 Lunna

Lunna

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Bishounens!!!!Games,anime e manga!^o^
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis,Zephel,Lumiele,it's too many!

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:44 PM

All Nintendo DS's are region free (well all hand held consoles are region free) so you don't have to worry about the game being compatible or not. When you turn on your Nintendo DS for the first time it even asks you which language you want it to be in. But if the game is Japanese it will still run in Japanese. I bought my game at playasia.com

Ah thanks for this ,i don't know about this ^^;
My Deviantart
l sla ned l e-govaded vn ... Nessa Calmcacil

#8 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:07 PM

Sooo I decided to play this. And didn't understand a thing of the gameplay.

I decided to run after Oscar. I thought everything was working fine, untill he backstabbed me at the first examination voting for Angelique (I started as Rosalia) and after that he always ignored me T_T
So, since Zephel was stalking me, I decided to go after him. Everything was working good, he always brought me flowers, I got more shrines than the stupid blond and his affection at 70 or so.
Next thing I know is that the Guardian of Light (with an affection of 20 or so) confesses to me at the lake and we decide to live together happily ever after.

Something feels just wrong...

Posted Image

#9 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:34 PM

Sooo I decided to play this. And didn't understand a thing of the gameplay.

I decided to run after Oscar. I thought everything was working fine, untill he backstabbed me at the first examination voting for Angelique (I started as Rosalia) and after that he always ignored me T_T
So, since Zephel was stalking me, I decided to go after him. Everything was working good, he always brought me flowers, I got more shrines than the stupid blond and his affection at 70 or so.
Next thing I know is that the Guardian of Light (with an affection of 20 or so) confesses to me at the lake and we decide to live together happily ever after.

Something feels just wrong...

A deciding factor that helps you get the guardian that you want is to get your birthday and bloodtype to be compatiable with his. After you get the 5th heart for the first time try to buy a gift that he likes and go give to him on Sunday and ask him out on a date this will definitely raise his affection a lot with you if he's still neutral with you. When you checked out your fortune with Sara the top number under the person mean affection and the bottom number means compatibility. If the bottom number is high it's easier to get that person to like you faster. However, you can still get people with low compatibility to like you too if you go on dates with them a lot if they ask you out a lot. ^^;

#10 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

I guess that was the deciding factor, because I never turned down a single date lol And the Guardian of Light asked me out like every week XD Zephel! Why didn't you ask me out that often too ; ;

I must agree that playing Rosalia is like a ultra-easy mode, I started building shrines when Angelique already had 4 and I won 15 vs 8

Posted Image

#11 Stout Teapot

Stout Teapot

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Manga, Reading, Sleeping, Drawing, Writing, Video Editing, Sports, Cute things, Astronomy, Astrology, Different Cultures, Weird Random facts, Story telling, Legends/Folktales/Fairy Tales/etc
  • Who I fangirl over:too many for a woman my age to be proud of...

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

Your rivals in general and kind of poor since I'm playing as Angelique and Rosalia has nothing on me. I'm at the point where I have all the guardians on auto mode - level 6 greeting so i get free sacrea and let them shower my continent with whatever. I never ask anyone anymore for power and just talk or go on dates so I can try to get all the cgs and ending in a few runs.

the only thing is, i have a couple of them at 200 affinity and i'm more than certain that i should have had them confess to me by now, but i haven't since i think i messed up the the second date. so far the only person who has confessed to me was randy but i should have had oscar and clavis confess to me by now as well. i also haven't gotten the second night dates for either of them but i should have by now also. X-X

has anyone else had this problem? if you get the wrong answers on the second date they won't confess to you? i didn't have this problem in the snes one so i'm wondering if this was a duet only thing... @___@
It's only love if it lasts forever.
Ordinary love is over-rated. True love is under-rated.
There's no better drug than falling in love.

"I say you're weak, so I can always be there to protect you.
I say you're clumsy, so I can catch you when you fall.
I say you're annoying, because I can never get you off my mind.
I say I don't like you, because I love you."

Love is easy - life is hard.

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he will have to touch it to be sure.

#12 Misaki_chan

Misaki_chan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kaji Aoi

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:59 PM

Sounds interesting.

I actually can play this since I own a DS!

I read somewhere that voice is very hard on the DS (maybe a little voice, though)....what with text, music, the gameplay, ect ect. The cartridges just can't handle it all....Visual novels otome games sometimes have full voice (I can't remember which game but I'm sure there's a DS one out there that has full voice) because it's all text. There's more space.

Angelique probably couldn't handle it all? But it might just be laziness or not enough money. Though Angelique is so popular I can't imagine that...
Posted Image
Made by me, featuring the drop-dead gorgeous E-wan from Chocolat.

#13 maggidy!

maggidy!

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Things I do often: Procrastinate, eat, sleep, snowboard, stare at screens while mindlessly pressing buttons, use Visa card, drive...
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsuchiura Ryotaro, Kaji Aoi, Arikawa Masaomi, Rayne <3.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:55 AM

For those that are struggling along:
http://www.marfisa.net/ange/
I believe I put it up somewhere before, sorry for reposting. =/ Move it if need be.
Posted Image

#14 Stout Teapot

Stout Teapot

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Manga, Reading, Sleeping, Drawing, Writing, Video Editing, Sports, Cute things, Astronomy, Astrology, Different Cultures, Weird Random facts, Story telling, Legends/Folktales/Fairy Tales/etc

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

For those that are struggling along:
http://www.marfisa.net/ange/
I believe I put it up somewhere before, sorry for reposting. =/ Move it if need be.

I'm not really struggling with the game, but I do need to know if answer the question wrong in the second love scene means i can't get a confession from the guardian. this isn't mentioned in marfisa's guide.

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he will have to touch it to be sure.

#15 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

waaaaah.... why won't they ever put these games into english? angelique isn't even a naughty game that they might object to...

#16 maggidy!

maggidy!

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Things I do often: Procrastinate, eat, sleep, snowboard, stare at screens while mindlessly pressing buttons, use Visa card, drive...
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsuchiura Ryotaro, Kaji Aoi, Arikawa Masaomi, Rayne <3.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:22 AM

I'm not really struggling with the game, but I do need to know if answer the question wrong in the second love scene means i can't get a confession from the guardian. this isn't mentioned in marfisa's guide.

From what I recall, if you answer the question wrong in the 2nd love event, you can't see the third... Which is the confession, I think.
Posted Image

#17 Stout Teapot

Stout Teapot

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

;~;

I'm going to have to start over again? D:

;~~~;

I had a feeling it was something like that since I'm like into date 40 with Oscar, 200 affinity, and still haven't gotten his confession....

#18 topostarlight

topostarlight

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, anime, cartoons, horror, yaoi, yuri, simulation games, comics/manga, toys, etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Fujiwara no Takamichi, Hikami Itaru

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

waaaaah.... why won't they ever put these games into english? angelique isn't even a naughty game that they might object to...

They just don't think these kinds of games will sell, even though lately I've noticed more "girl" aimed games (the Imagine series for example). Hopefully someday they'll realize they can make money here if they just try. ><
Posted Image

#19 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

you would think they would try with angelique, the series is known enough that there have been some petitions and the DS is known for having lots of girl players... they did make the harvest moon for girls, even if they did censor it...

#20 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

;~;

I'm going to have to start over again? D:

;~~~;

I had a feeling it was something like that since I'm like into date 40 with Oscar, 200 affinity, and still haven't gotten his confession....

Same here .. I guess I messed up in answering the 2nd love event questions.
I've been wondering why it's taking forever to get his confession, but then Marcel came and I quickly got his love events and confession. So that means I must've did something wrong with Oscar .. D:

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance