• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:25 PM

And in case if you didn't notice, this topic is about seme and uke, so we are actually in topic.

i know that but i think we kinda started branching off because of my question...

#22 niichan

niichan

Queen Otaku

• Fatas
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:-Otome/neoromance/BxG games. (Bishounen!)<br />-Anime/manga/dorema to an extend<br />-Drawing/playing console/handheld/PC games<br />-Music: every kind<br />-Japan/ Thailand because I was born there XD<br />-Thai kitchen<br />-Science...<br />-Amusement parks<br />list can go forever really!
  • Who I fangirl over: too many bishies

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

Wow. While I haven't played the game your friend can see that? I do know when they are uke or seme but I never pay to much attention. Nice find ;)

Posted Image
Please read the rules!

Spoiler

#23 billabong_bananas

billabong_bananas

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Umm...I have lots!<br />Ofcourse, reading manga, watching anime.<br />Other than dat, playing flute, piano, violin;doing gymnastics, playing touch rugby, tennis, and swimming...making lil stuff, going to my imaginary world...LOL, and a WHOLE lot more!
  • Who I fangirl over:Yasuaki, Tomomasa, Yorihisa, Yunoki, Oscar, Tomomori, Hisui, Yukitaka

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:36 PM

Oh, Kaho-san, werent you Japanese?
Nyway, to say the truth same for me...Im Japanese, but @ first I had no idea wat they meant cuz I was thinking it was lyk, an English word >///< so I was looking through the dictionary, wondering if it was a abbreviation 4 something........But then again, I waited untill da otha ppl posted more and then got the point....LOL
Posted Image Bling, bling, bananas!Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 kuguinha

kuguinha

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Okita Souji <3

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

and Tenma kun?~~

I think he's seme~~ well I think you can describe if a character is Uke or Seme through the art design~~

#25 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:33 AM

The Ten no Genbu series are definitely all ukes. The mikos end up protecting them....

I would think the same with Chi no Suzaku series, but boy was I wrong when Benkei came into existence. XD Ultimate seme!

As for the Chi no Genbu series, I can see all of them as both seme and uke, it just depends on the situations. Like for Yasuaki, Miko was able to make him more human (Yasuaki = uke). But he's also able to protect her and such with his powers (Yasuaki = seme).

#26 Kenji Arikado

Kenji Arikado

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:H-games, Otome Games, Shojo, Seinen, Gore.... Metal Bands.... Studio E.go! Games..... and Bittorrents.... jajaja....
  • Who I fangirl over:I'm a fanboy of Erika from Meine Liebe....

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:25 PM

I don't believe that....are a designation about couples of the Fandom Yaoi.... but maybe are not applicable in Harukanaru, except for the Fanservice.... be careful and see later....
[HAJI]Himeko\\{Rigardo}!Kuchiki Byakuya!*Maria Renard*.......Shhhh.......¬Naoji Ishizuki¬~Aizen Sousuke~\\Mizukage-sama//Chikane//(Sogetsu Kazama)

The Mens are a representation of myself..... the Girls are thats I love.... i love the girls....

#27 Amatite

Amatite

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Tomomasa, Olivie, Julious, Suefumi

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

I would have to add that if you look at whom the seiyuu is you can also tell for the most part if they are Seme or uke.

Examples:
Shinichiro Miki is just about ALWAYS a Seme voice seiyuu, mainly due to how "powerful" his voice is, even when he speaks softly it emanates power. So, that means that Yorihisa is seme. An example for this would be that though he is willing to do anything for his miko, he also puts his "foot down" in a manner of speaking when it comes to certain things.

Kazuhiko Inoue is another prime example of a Seme seiyuu. (Unless Yuki Eri is somehow uke....) Instead of having the "power" feel to his voice... his has more of the "i'm GOD" type of voice. Even in his "freak" roles such as Gunter.... he's got something about his voice that says "i'm better". Tomomasa would HAVE to be a seme. His rather blunt and forceful advances would fit into the seme category.

Now.... here is the one voice that contradicts my theory for 'regular' seiyuu roles...

Tomokazu Seki is one of those "I play both" guys. Dee Laytner and Eduward are clearly seme. However, Ryuuki is a switch *grins* and Shuichi Shindo is a blatant uke. So with him, you REALLY have to look at the character. Tenma does have a bit of a seme side, but I might consider him a switch. I think that though he prefers to be in control and have the power, he wants somewhere inside to give up all of his power.

Also, side note. These terms can be used for more than "same gender" relationships. These terms apply to any relationship. So, if you're having a problem thinking of these terms outside of yaoi.... please remember that words have meaning that does not depend on gender roles.

#28 Fumi

Fumi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shimizu-kun >.< And Shimon-kun, and Kaji-kun, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and um, yeahs >.>

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:32 PM

What exactly does "switch" mean? Does it mean that they can be either uke or seme?

And Seki Tomokazu's versatility is why he's my favorite seiyuu >.>

#29 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:20 AM

I come late but i think this will interest some personns :P

The two participants in a yaoi relationship are often referred to as seme ("attacker",攻め or せめ) and uke ("receiver",受け). These terms originated in martial arts and do not carry any degrading connotations. Seme derives from the Japanese verb semeru (“to attack”) and uke from the Japanese verb ukeru (“to receive”). Though gay males are often referred to in English as "tops" or "bottoms," seme and uke are more nearly analogous to "pitcher" and "catcher." The seme and uke are often drawn in the bishōnen style and are "highly idealised",[11]blending both masculine and feminine qualities.[7]

This come from wiki .
Since i am french, i laugh a little when i read that Kaho thought it was from french :P
Posted Image

#30 Miso

Miso

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Abe no Yasuaki

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

What would Yasuaki be since he seems to lack a personality? O o

#31 nyx

nyx

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko...?

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:13 AM

Sooo.... Tomomori is actually, masochist?!! XDD

I feel sorry for Hinoe.

hehe that's a nice one...this anime kinda reminds me fushigi but to tell the truth when i watch this i already know the outcome of the ending...it's too predictable and in my opinion a mary sue ending like pretear
Aide-toi et le Ciel t'aidera

#32 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all of 'em bishies

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:54 AM

~Miso~ a long-overdue reply, I honestly think Yasuaki would be a seme... there's just no way he can be an uke.. maybe ... no... it's just.. omg, my image of Yasuaki is getting ruined! (lol)

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance