• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

I never played the Shinsengumi either. I heard that its angsty but because its one of the earlier games made so the game system itself isnt that great.

So far I have played 2 people's routes. It is more addictive than Hiiro1 for me, I dont know why. I fell asleep playing all Otomate's games.

I think it is an interesting game, but if you dont understand the history of the whole Bakumatsu era, you might find it a bit confusing.

Also, it is not like the other otome games where it really concentrates on love. It is more like, watching the historical drama happening, and you are part of it, and the way the characters fall in love with you is more "real"? Like how a man at war, at that particular time would have done? e.g they wont give up everything just because they love you kind of things. And they wont talk the "you are my star and moon, and i love you so much" kind of speech.

I like it because its quite real. And its sad TToTT

p.s. At least it has kiss scenes and Corda and Haruka games doesnt!
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#22 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:39 PM

There are some Shinsengumi videos in youtube...if you search hard enough you can find them. You used to be able to find them by just finding the kanji but the user changed the names of all her renai games. ^^;
I watched Toudo Heisuke, Saitou Hajime, and Okita Souji's events and endings.
Like what Kaho said...it is like watching a historical drama. The guys are very straight with you since Japan is currently in a civil war.

Spoiler

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#23 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahara Masaki, Takashi-niichan, Ace, Shirogane, Niou Masaharu, Wakatsuki Ryotarou

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

Actually, I don't really recommend playing any characters other than Saito, Okita, Toudo, Hijitaka. Shinbachi's story is also acceptable, but not as good as those 4.

You can forget about the other characters. Their route is not as sweet as those 4 (5 if including Shinbachi), but most of all.

Their Ending has got a big problem with it.

Their ending is like, CRACK. ==;;;;

#24 krystallite

krystallite

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many of the QuinRose guys XD

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:23 PM

Actually, I don't really recommend playing any characters other than Saito, Okita, Toudo, Hijitaka. Shinbachi's story is also acceptable, but not as good as those 4.

You can forget about the other characters. Their route is not as sweet as those 4 (5 if including Shinbachi), but most of all.

Their Ending has got a big problem with it.
citizenship
Their ending is like, CRACK. ==;;;;

Just wondering, because I'm planning on getting the game (Shinsengumi). Does that mean the game is not worth buying or that as long as you play those specific routes, it will make the game worth the amount of money spent?

Moonstars

#25 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

I dont know about the shinsengumi one, but the second one, the Karyuu kenshiden I am playing at the moment is quite interesting, its one of the better otome games I have played so far.

So I would recommend it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Reading, music, games, violin
  • Who I fangirl over:Benkei san, Kazahaya, Yunoki, Tuskimori kun & Shimizu kun

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

I love Shinsengumi stories (more like histories) but just refuse to play any games that have the theme of it. I looked into most famous people at that time frame and know historically how they ended their lives. I certainly don't feel like crying in front of the TV if I can help it.... (not that Koei hasn't made me cry because of their games...)

Another reason that I refuse to get this one is because there really is no one that I like in there & Miyano's name just made me don't want to get the game even more (sorry if I offended any Miyano's fans here.....)

#27 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:10 AM

Actually, I have wondered about Miyano as well. I dont know why they got him to sing the opening song when they have more suitable candidates like Taniyama and Suwabe there that could sing the opening songs way better!! (Go Atobe and Tsukimori songs! XD)

I dont mind him as a seiyuu, but I was not a fan of his singing though....>.>;;

and arghhh...dont even remind me of how the Shinsengumi guys died...it makes me want to cry!

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Mizuho_Subaru

Mizuho_Subaru

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Reading, music, games, violin
  • Who I fangirl over:Benkei san, Kazahaya, Yunoki, Tuskimori kun & Shimizu kun

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:43 AM

Well, my favorite one is only Okita sensei so my cry is considerable less than other (I hope)...

For Miyano.... I don't mind his singing but don't like him as a seiyuu.... (hmm... opposite to Kaho san....) I actually like his singing (that's why I actually listen to most of Kaji's song). Ah and the ED of Hakare na Heart (sang by him), love that song.... But I agree, Taniyama can sing better.... (no argument there...)

#29 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

By the way, Karyuu ending is not sad ending right? I will cry if i play and see the ending was so sad... (i hope the guy doesnt dead at the end T_T) I want to see a happy ending... ^^

#30 apple pie

apple pie

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:everyone

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

the cover is so nice I love that one. wanna play it, so is angst.

#31 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:12 AM

By the way, Karyuu ending is not sad ending right? I will cry if i play and see the ending was so sad... (i hope the guy doesnt dead at the end T_T) I want to see a happy ending... ^^

Karyuu has more "happy" endings than the Shinsengumi because the members of the Karyuu doujo were mostly supporters of the rebellion, which was the arch enemy of Shinsengumi. (if you have ever watched Rurouni Kenshin, they are on the same side as Kenshin)

Because in history, the rebels were the ones who won the civil war, and brought republic into Japan, so yeah, there will be less sad endings in this game.

But still, several members of the Karyuu doujo eventually decided to join Shinsengumi's side, or were already a member of Shinsengumi, so yeah, those members will have super sad ending AGAIN! T^T

Edit:

I updated the OP movie and ED movie for this game int the first post ^^

I still wished it was Taniyama and Suwabe that sings the songs and not Miyano...

and once again, I cried although I was playing Mutsu's route (voice by Taniyama) it is supposed to be a good ending...this game has way too much angst....TT^TT
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Game.
  • Who I fangirl over:TSUNA. TSUNA. TSUNA. GOD, I JUST WANT TO EAT THE BOY, LITERALLY OR NOT.

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:02 PM

Hmm...about the Miyano and Taniyama problem...no offense to Miyano's voice, but I agree Taniyama's voice is better than him...I never heard his voice as seiyuu so...no comment - . -;

CORDA OCTAVE

My Million People of Corda ID is 75971244. Friend me :grin:

#33 sheepishsheep

sheepishsheep

一生直兄さん押し

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Interests:Piano, reading manga, gaming, fangaying/fangirling blah blah... Baa baa
  • Who I fangirl over:教えるわけなし(^_^)

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

Taniyama rules the house *shot*

But Miyano's speaking voice as a seiyuu is ok and he sounds ok when singing but I really agree they should have roped Taniyama or Suwabe to sing. Their voices are good~~
血を吐くように、必死にフルコンを追いかけたから...
Spoiler

- Supporter of Save Our Bishies and Save Our Seiyuu -
˜†Seiyuu of the day/ week/ month/ year: Nao-nii˜†

#34 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Game.
  • Who I fangirl over:TSUNA. TSUNA. TSUNA. GOD, I JUST WANT TO EAT THE BOY, LITERALLY OR NOT.

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:45 PM

I love hearing Taniyama's voice...it's uhm...calming down my heart...? Dunno how to describ eit >x<

CORDA OCTAVE

My Million People of Corda ID is 75971244. Friend me :grin:

#35 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:11 PM

Hmm...about the Miyano and Taniyama problem...no offense to Miyano's voice, but I agree Taniyama's voice is better than him...I never heard his voice as seiyuu so...no comment - . -;

Miyano as seiyuu...

Well, if you have watched Ouran Host Club, he voiced Tamaki. And if you have watched Death Note, he voiced Yagami Light.

I found a clip on youtube from the OVA for Rurounin Kenshin. If any of you guys remember that anime...it is sooo sad. It basically is about the same thing as this game, but Kenshin is on the revolution side against the Shinsengumi. So in this game, Kenshin's role would be Nakamura. The assassin (hitokiri) for the Ishin Shishi

So if you are interested, here is the clip

The little kid from Shinsengumi that vomited blood is Okita from Shinsengumi, and the tall guy is my favourite Saito! XD
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 krystallite

krystallite

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many of the QuinRose guys XD

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

Does anyone have the manga for the Shinsengumi series? If so, could you tell me if it's interesting or good because I'm wondering if I should buy it.

Moonstars

#37 r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Seiyuu, mysteries, everything unusual, anything weird and whatever interests me :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many...

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:46 AM

It sounds interesting. I've been dying to found a Bakumatsu Renka Shinsengumi's game T T

Posted Image
「心臓が止まって, 脳の働きが止まる.
死ぬって, ただそれだけの事だろ.」 アキラ

Please take a look if you have time >///<
http://seihinata.deviantart.com/

#38 Yuu

Yuu

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Staring at.... Medicine Seller, Yes he has no name.
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, Yunoki Azuma, Kaji Aoi, Shimizu Keiichi, Kira Akihiro, Tsukimori Len, Souma, Ravi, Blood Dupree, Vincent, FF13V guy, Seperioth, Mononoke's medicine seller

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

No offense people. But i like the Shinsegumi better then the Karyuu Kenshiden..... Mainly because.... you can say I am a shogunate supporter (sucker for ninjas and samurais yes.) .... and why do the Shinsegumi looks better (guys in uniform >.<)...

The one I like from the Karyuu kenshiden would be iori .... he reminds me of Urahara Kisuke from bleach.... and Kuwajiro..... Reminds me of ichimaru Gin...

anyway since we are on talking on Ruronin Kenshin... yes I like Saitou!!
And I also like Sanosuke...

BTW Taniyama voices Mutsu Younosuke
~ 悠.Yuu

For the love of Bishies Featuring : Noctis [Final Fantasy Versus 13]

Posted Image

Supported by : Save Our Bishies (SOB) ..... And Save our Seiyuus.(SOS)

By : Save our bishie (SOB) and Save our Seiyuus (SOS)

#39 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:16 AM

well, considering Karyuu Kenshinden consisted of half shinsengumi and half Ishin Shishi, so you get best of both worlds...XD

Ooishi Kuwajiro in my siggy belongs to Shinsengumi...XD
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Chihori

Chihori

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Will, Narutaki Seigo, Tsukimori Len, Kaji Aoi, Shigemori Akira, Rayne

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

Seeing that the setting of the story is in feudal Japan... I assume this game must be riddled with difficult Japanese text... >_>; Ah... but the CGs looked really pretty~ I don't really like angsty stories though. Too much for my system. ^^;

I'm digging the main heroine's design. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance