• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#1 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:52 AM

Okay, I am going to post up the general walkthrough for Corda here since alot of people are actually playing Corda game at the moment. (Influence of the anime?)

In my opinion, Kiniro no Corda is actually quite a difficult game. You not only have to try to please the boys but also increase the rivary they feel against you.

In order to increase rivary, there is only one thing you can do, work hard on the competition and win it!! XD

The Music
There are two types of fairies, one for actual pieces of music (Ferro) and one for arrangements of music (Laame).
In the beginning of a competition, Kanazawa Sensei will approach you with a list of keywords that displays the themes for the competition. In order to win the competition, make sure you choose to perform the piece that has 2 keywords in it.

Find Ferros first!
1. For the first 2 or 3 days, try to find ALL the Ferros. The way to find them is by choosing the practice manuscript option(first icon on the left), this usually takes 20 minutes of your total time.
2. Once you have chosen that option, there will be a count down clock of 10 seconds (cant remember the exact time), it is only within that short frame of time, the Ferros will appear.
3. Immediately run around like crazy try to run into every Ferro that appeared. (At the map page, you will be able to see how many fairies are actually hiding in each location, use that as a guide to find your Ferros.)
4. Once the time run out, do the practice manuscript option again, to get another 10 seconds, and keep running around until you have found ALL the Ferros.

Now find Laame
1. Once you have collected all your manuscripts, ( A song usually could consist of more than 2 or 3 manuscripts,) practice them all until you have reached 20 for all of them.
2. The moment they have all reached 20, you can then run around each location, and when a Laame is around and about, you will hear a music change. The closer you are to the Laame, the louder the music becomes.
3. I recommend to find all the Laames because you will have more choices to use for the competition.
4. Now you have collected all the Laame, call them out by using the "bell icon". The Laame will appear and show you how many keywords in this arrangement that fits the theme of the competition. Choose the one that has 2 keywords highlighted and work on that piece.

Practice the Arrangements
1. Now you have decided which piece and arrangement to work on, practice it!
[People have different recommendations, but from my experience I would practice arrangements first because it takes up 50 minutes of your time, so I will use the remaining time of the day to practice the manuscript.]
2. Go find the character that you are after, stalk him and practice the arrangement next to him over and over again. When you practice the arrangement, you will find a red circle around you. This shows the range where people will hear your music and be moved. Try to find a way to circle as many people as possible! If more than one character is included in the circle, you can go after both guys at the same time! XD
3. Practice the arrangements until you nearly reached 100%, stop and then now you can go work on your manuscripts and make them all 100.
4. Once the manuscripts have all reached 100, go once again find the boy you are after, try to circle as many people as possible, you will then receive alot of cheering and applause that awards you "bravo points"
5. With the bravo points, you will be able to buy equipments and dress for the concert.

Changes in the 4th competition
1. As this will be the last competition, it will be the most difficult piece to practice. This time it doesn't matter which song or arrangement you choose, it will always only have one keyword. If you want to win, perform only one of the last 8 songs.
2. So I would recommend that you decide on one piece right from the beginning and spend all your time working on that piece.
3. As the time is very limited on the last competition, choose a piece that best fits your current parameter. (eg, if you have the highest level in sadness(blue one), choose a piece that falls into the blue category.

Hints on improving
[list]
[list]
[list]

Parameters that will increase rivalry with the boys
*Tsukimori Len-All round parameter must be high
*Tsuchiura Ryotaro-Sadness parameter must be high(blue one)
*Yunoki Azuma-High bravo points (so keep performing and earn bravo points)
*Hihara Kazuki-Brightness (the red one)
*Shimizu Keiichi-Skills Level
*Fuyumi Shoko-Elegance (the green one)

Individual character walkthrough coming soon...

If you have questions regarding the walkthough, do not hesitate to post under this thread and I will try to answer as much as I can. :D
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#2 wasseryharp

wasseryharp

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:Kira's condo, Yunoki's mansion and Kanayan's apartment~ XD
  • Interests:RPG, Girl's game, Anime, Manga, Japanese, Foreign Culture, Sweets, Food
  • Who I fangirl over:Chimo... oops i mean Tomomori, Shirogane, Yunoki-senpai and KiraKira-tan~

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:09 PM

Yes, it's really hard... TT-TT... 5 times with the uncomplete senpai's stills...

For me, i think it's useful [and fun] to buy gifts and dresses and other items.Even the time is short but with items, you also can perfect your selected song for competition. It's really useful when you don't want to end the best ending. [because you don't need to increase too much rivalry.]
And also, i recommend to practice both the menuscripts and arrangement. Because the menuscripts' experience effect Bravo point. I always collect bravo points to buy items and use thems to practice the arrangement. Also it save time to have money and buy skill book for necessary skill i don't have instead of practice the songs to get the skill~
Well, it's my playstyle at all.

Then i'll write my tips here too~
1. Stop and talk to people. Because they sometimes give item to you and sometime give information about boys and girls favorite arrangements or clothes. Sometimes they give info on places. When you collect many info on places, the fairy will whisper to you where boys or girls are before you start your day. You don't have to play hide and seek.
Posted Image
under the place's name, fairy icon tells you how many fairies are in this place and clipboard icon tells you how many info do you have about this place.

2. in chara info page, Chara's pic will change depend on his/her feeling to you. And when you have an appointment with he[she? i never aim for female chara], there'll be some message like "do not late" on the pic. It's not really a tip but it's a tip for fun~

3. favorite cloth don't effect it the target will perform next to you but the favorite arrangement does.

4. If you're still not good at the arrangement, play the song to normal class students. But if you play the arrangement well, play to the music class students. They will give more bravo points with good performance. Moreover some charas and students have their favorite keywords. If the song you play have their favorite keyword, they'll give more bravo points. Each chara also have their way to give bravo point such as Len is really hard to give more points but Yunoki-senpai will give at least 10 even the song is worst...

5. Practice the hard menyscript first. When your 技術Level [Skill level] is high, it'll be easier to practice the easy song. [because you'll get more exp. each time]

6. perform the song together is a good way to collect bravo points. The bravo points you'll recieve is fixed. One audience will give you 10 points for Duo, 50 points for Trio and 150 points for quintet~! Moreover, the boys and girls who perform with you will like you more~! But... you wont' get any exp. from this action... [Well i only do this when i need Bravo points or i have free time and want to get effection from boys]

7. There're 4 fairy shops.
One is Lili's shop at the statue at the school gate. There're clothes, accesories, skill books, presents and 1st level practice items.
The other shops' owners are fairies whose songs are your most skillful songs. When you enter their shops for first time, they will give you different items depend on who is he/she. And the also have deifferent sale habit such as discount on some kinds of item or raise price for some kinds of items.
The second shop is at the statue[?] on the roof. There're clothes, accesories, skill books, presents 2nd level practice items.
The third shop is at the pillar at the right side of the park. There're mostly clothes, accesories, and presents with few skill books.
The last shop is at the fairy statue beside a fountain in front of the station. There're full of 2nd level practice items.

That's all i can think now~ ^^

#3 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:41 AM

Waa! I'm so stupid! >_< I should have check the forums first before I played the game. (=>got too excited)
Thank you guys! ^___^ Maybe I can do well the next time I play it.

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#4 seryass

seryass

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Zephel, Randy, Clavis, Tsuchiura, & Yunoki

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:19 AM

Hi,

I just finished the PC version of the game but I'm not sure what ending I got.

I think I might have ended up with Ryotaro but I'm not sure. I did get a picture at the end of him. Do the characters have more than one ending? I keep reading on various sites about a best ending (does each character have a best ending?)
I didn't actually win the competition overall. Does that make any difference? Also my rivalry meter with Ryotaro wasn't complete (I had 4 out of 5) though the love heart meter was complete. Ryotaro won the competition and I came second.

Also could someone please tell me what the choices are before you play the arrangement for the final selection. I think it's some sort of confession as I talked to Ryotaro and I think he said something along the lines of "Can we wait until after the competition to talk?"

My ending went along the lines of:

1. My confession or something like that to Ryotaro but I think he said to wait until after the competition to talk.
2. I didn't win the competition overall. Ryotaro did. I scored the bottom marks for the last selection.
3. After we talked and then the credits came on with Mami interviewing Ryotaro. Then he dashed off at the end of that. On the roof we had a conversation and he asked for a request I think. Cue lots of flashback pics with what pieces of music I chose to play accompanying them. Then I got a picture of him. So can someone please tell me what type of ending I got?

Also how do you get top marks for the final selection. The piece I chose to perform was at 100 for it's level and I did have all the skills (though I bought some from shops if that makes any difference).

Please can anyone help me as I really love this game and would like some help. It would be greatly appreciated.

#5 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,534 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:20 PM

My ending went along the lines of:

3. After we talked and then the credits came on with Mami interviewing Ryotaro. Then he dashed off at the end of that. On the roof we had a conversation and he asked for a request I think. Cue lots of flashback pics with what pieces of music I chose to play accompanying them. Then I got a picture of him. So can someone please tell me what type of ending I got?

Also how do you get top marks for the final selection. The piece I chose to perform was at 100 for it's level and I did have all the skills (though I bought some from shops if that makes any difference).

Please can anyone help me as I really love this game and would like some help. It would be greatly appreciated.

which picture did you get of him? because there are 2 types of endings, so if you got the one where Tsuchiura was playing the piano, then that is the perfect ending where you scored high rivalry as well as intimacy. With that picture, there will also come with an animation of confession from Him.

If you got the picture with Tsuchiura in casual clothing where you and him went on a date, then that is the other ending where you intimacy with him is high, but rivalry is low, with that, you wont get the animation confession.

For you to win the last contest, you must play a song from the manuscripts you picked up on the fourth stage. Meaning you can not perform any other songs other than the last 8 on the list.

you also have to ensure that all the manuscripts for that song have been practiced to 100, and musical interpretation have to all meet 100 too. The last contest is very difficult because the last 8 songs on the list requires very high interpretation and skill sets, so you will only have time to practice and perfect one.

I hope this helps. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 seryass

seryass

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:48 PM

Thank you so much for the information. It's helped tremendously. So does each of the characters have two different endings then (including Shoko as my brother wants to play the game and win her)? I know you can end up with the other characters as well (Nami, Shinobu and Hiroto-sensei but do they have just one ending each and do you get an ending image for them too as well as some CG pics?)

It was the casual ending I got for Ryotaro.

Can I ask a few more questions please if I may?

1. My Japanese isn't all that great. Is musical interpretation the skill which goes up when you do the arrangements next to the characters with the red circle?

2. If it isn't too much trouble do you know how to win the 3rd selection please? I actually did win it when I was going after Ryotaro but now I am going after Keiichi and I lost.

3. Thirdly is there any other way to increase rivalry as I always seem to fall short with it. I did keep performing Sadness songs with Ryotaro but I only got my rivalry meter to 4 out of 5 marks. If you perform their favorite piece of music does that increase it more or does that just increase their likeness for you? Also does seeing some events increase rivalry as I'm pretty sure I only had my rivalry meter on 3 for Ryotaro but when I saw his event pic when we went on our date on Sunday it went up though I might be mistaken.

4. Last question. In the profiles some parts are blanked out by question marks? Do you get that information by continuously talking to the characters? I can never seem to get the third row unblocked. Also is a character's favorite present listed under their favorite music arrangement?

I apologise for all the questions but I am enjoying Corda at the moment and would love to understand a bit more of the gameplay to enjoy it even more.

#7 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:15 AM

Thank you so much for the information. It's helped tremendously. So does each of the characters have two different endings then (including Shoko as my brother wants to play the game and win her)? I know you can end up with the other characters as well (Nami, Shinobu and Hiroto-sensei but do they have just one ending each and do you get an ending image for them too as well as some CG pics?)

yes, there are 2 endings for all the characters including sensei and Ousaki. I am not so sure about the girls though because I never went for them....;p

1. My Japanese isn't all that great. Is musical interpretation the skill which goes up when you do the arrangements next to the characters with the red circle?

yes it is. The one that uses up 50 minutes of your practice time.

2. If it isn't too much trouble do you know how to win the 3rd selection please? I actually did win it when I was going after Ryotaro but now I am going after Keiichi and I lost.

I think like I mentioned in the first post, you must perform a piece with 2 keywords in it that fits the theme of that contest. Also, you will only be able to win if you performed the songs you picked up from that contest. So if you are competing in the 3rd competition, do not perform songs like Ave Maria that kind of things...

3. Thirdly is there any other way to increase rivalry as I always seem to fall short with it. I did keep performing Sadness songs with Ryotaro but I only got my rivalry meter to 4 out of 5 marks. If you perform their favorite piece of music does that increase it more or does that just increase their likeness for you? Also does seeing some events increase rivalry as I'm pretty sure I only had my rivalry meter on 3 for Ryotaro but when I saw his event pic when we went on our date on Sunday it went up though I might be mistaken.

My first post should state which ways will increase rivalry with the character you are going for, but of course, if you managed to come first in every competition, all the rivalries will go up. So that is why if you want the rivalry to increase, forget about the presents, but use the money to buy equipments to help your increase your music ability.

4. Last question. In the profiles some parts are blanked out by question marks? Do you get that information by continuously talking to the characters? I can never seem to get the third row unblocked. Also is a character's favorite present listed under their favorite music arrangement?

I apologise for all the questions but I am enjoying Corda at the moment and would love to understand a bit more of the gameplay to enjoy it even more.

i dont really know what you mean by that...it sounds like some of the info of the characters are not yet revealed? I think yeah, you will get those information by talking to the characters...but I dont really remember, because I dont seem to have that problem, maybe because I played so many times, I didnt bother to go and read their profiles? XD;;
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 seryass

seryass

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

Hiroto-sensei and Ousaki have two endings as well? Do you know how to get both endings for them since you only increase the heart meter for them and not rivalry as they don't have the rivalry meter?

The weird thing is I did like you said for the last selection. I performed one of the songs that I picked up for the selection and raised all the practice manuscript parameters and musical interpretation to 100 for that song but I still only came second in the selection. Does it matter how many times you perform the song by practicing it?

#9 wasseryharp

wasseryharp

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:RPG, Girl's game, Anime, Manga, Japanese, Foreign Culture, Sweets, Food
  • Who I fangirl over:Chimo... oops i mean Tomomori, Shirogane, Yunoki-senpai and KiraKira-tan~

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:28 AM

Hmm i think it's the third row in the favorite costume block? It can be get by talking to the other students around the school. It's the most favorite costume of the each character. And in the right block is the songs and arrangements that the character like. I think you can get them by talking to the boys and you have to be able to play the songs that they like. Then you'll get a dream about the boys and thier favorite songs.
And i don't think there's anywhere that tell you what presents the boys like [except in the website. - -+]

Hiroto-sensei and Ousaki have two endings as well? Do you know how to get both endings for them since you only increase the heart meter for them and not rivalry as they don't have the rivalry meter?

They have 2 endings... but i don't know how,too. - -.... I still don't have time to play the game.. TT-TT

The weird thing is I did like you said for the last selection. I performed one of the songs that I picked up for the selection and raised all the practice manuscript parameters and musical interpretation to 100 for that song but I still only came second in the selection. Does it matter how many times you perform the song by practicing it?

I don't know too... - -... But most of the time, if you max all the music parts and one arrangement that has the keyword[s], you can win the selection.
I guess another matter is the parameter? O_o?

And you play PC version? I believe in the PC version, there's no movie in the best ending. So in order to know if it's the best ending or not, you have to look at the CGs. The best ending CGs are done by Kure Yuki Sensei.

[Hope you can understand my English... - -...]

The real reason why Kira became Seiso's Rijichou

Spoiler

Posted Image
ん?何を遠慮してるんだね。
私の車の助席に乗る事に、君はもう慣れたと思っていたんだね。
--------------------------
A faithful follower of...
Posted Image
http://wassery-harp.livejournal.com/ ... [mostly English but also Japanese sometimes]
http://wasseryharp.exteen.com/ ...[Thai only]
http://wasseryharp.bloggang.com/ ...[Thai only]
http://thaineoromance.forumer.com/ ...[Thai Neoromance Community]
http://mixi.jp/show_....pl?id=19474077 ...[Mixi]
http://www.nicotto.j...?user_id=203576 [nicotto]
http://corda-yokohama.0fees.net/ ...Kiniro no Corda World in Yokohama (under construction)

#10 seryass

seryass

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:17 AM

Hmm i think it's the third row in the favorite costume block? It can be get by talking to the other students around the school. It's the most favorite costume of the each character. And in the right block is the songs and arrangements that the character like. I think you can get them by talking to the boys and you have to be able to play the songs that they like. Then you'll get a dream about the boys and thier favorite songs.
And i don't think there's anywhere that tell you what presents the boys like [except in the website. - -+]
They have 2 endings... but i don't know how,too. - -.... I still don't have time to play the game.. TT-TT
I don't know too... - -... But most of the time, if you max all the music parts and one arrangement that has the keyword[s], you can win the selection.
I guess another matter is the parameter? O_o?

And you play PC version? I believe in the PC version, there's no movie in the best ending. So in order to know if it's the best ending or not, you have to look at the CGs. The best ending CGs are done by Kure Yuki Sensei.

[Hope you can understand my English... - -...]

Thanks for your reply. Don't worry about your English. I can understand it.

You can get their favorite songs by playing it to them. I got Ryotaro's but it doesn't really matter if you find them or not.

I found out what to do regarding the selections. To win the selections it is best to choose a song and max out all of the manuscripts for that song to 100 as well as maxing at least one of the arrangements to 100. However in the case of the third and fourth selections you should max out 100 for all of the arrangements for the song you chose as well as still maxing out the manuscripts. Also you have to be careful to as some songs actually go to 150 for musical arrangement and you must max them to that if you want to win. With this strategy I actually find it quite easy to win the 3rd and 4th selections. I find the most difficult one to be the 1st selection since there is very little time to max the stats out as opposed to the later selections when you have more days though for the 4th selection it can still be quite tough depending on whether you have the experience and/or skills.

I'm not sure if there are movies since I haven't got a best ending yet. But kaho-san mentioned that it doesn't and I think I've seen it on other sites too.

Also thank you for all the information on the Corda 2 game. I really hope it comes out for the PC since I don't have a PS2 that can play import games :(

#11 wasseryharp

wasseryharp

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:07 AM

I found out what to do regarding the selections. To win the selections it is best to choose a song and max out all of the manuscripts for that song to 100 as well as maxing at least one of the arrangements to 100. However in the case of the third and fourth selections you should max out 100 for all of the arrangements for the song you chose as well as still maxing out the manuscripts. Also you have to be careful to as some songs actually go to 150 for musical arrangement and you must max them to that if you want to win. With this strategy I actually find it quite easy to win the 3rd and 4th selections. I find the most difficult one to be the 1st selection since there is very little time to max the stats out as opposed to the later selections when you have more days though for the 4th selection it can still be quite tough depending on whether you have the experience and/or skills.

I don't think it's necessary to max out all the arrangements because i've never done it~ ^^" But it's really important to max out all the mamuscripts. I always max out only one arrangement for the selection. And i can win almost everytimes, eventhough i still don't know why sometimes i can't.
And the arrangements sometimes can go up to 150. [If i remember correctly... - -...] It's a arrangement that boys like and you've already know it by the dream event i've said in the previous post. When you gain more than 100 in the arrangement, it'll be very easy to get bravo points or win the selection. But it's also not necessary to max it. [I love to use this chance to collect bravo points~]
I recomment to use many items in the 1st selection instead of buying other clothing stuff because items will help save the practicing time. And for 2nd [and 3rd?], i recomment to find all the fairies because you'll get an fairie's item that can reduce the practicing time.

I'm really looking forward to the Corda2 because it have more info on the boys~ [Well, i'm waiting to see Yunoki-senpai in the school's cultural day event~v] But i don't know if there'll be the game in my country... If not, i have to borrow the game from my friend... - -...

Spoiler

Posted Image
ん?何を遠慮してるんだね。
Posted Image
http://wassery-harp.livejournal.com/ ... [mostly English but also Japanese sometimes]
http://corda-yokohama.0fees.net/ ...Kiniro no Corda World in Yokohama (under construction)

#12 churasan

churasan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:46 AM

I'm a newbie here, but so glad I found this forum! Your walkthrough really helped me out! I was wondering is someone could help me with some questions about this game cuz I seem to be stuck...

1.) I actually got first place in the first selection, but when I get to the second selection, I can't perform in front of people even if I max out the manuscripts by practicing and find all the faries and bells. I think it says that at my current level, I can't play the piece. How can I raise my skill level?

If you perform in front of people, that's how you earn the keywords right? I can't earn any of the keywords in the second selection because I can't perform...

2.) Also, how do you use the items from the fairy store? I mean I bought some sort of skill book, but it doesn't seem to improve my skill level.

3.) Also, when I look at the chart, under skill there seems to be some sort of yellow square icon (looks like a picture of a sun), what does that mean?

Thanks in advance for any help! By the way, I'm playing the PS2 version of this game. It's really fun, but a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. :D

#13 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:42 AM

I'm a newbie here, but so glad I found this forum! Your walkthrough really helped me out! I was wondering is someone could help me with some questions about this game cuz I seem to be stuck...

1.) I actually got first place in the first selection, but when I get to the second selection, I can't perform in front of people even if I max out the manuscripts by practicing and find all the faries and bells. I think it says that at my current level, I can't play the piece. How can I raise my skill level?

If you perform in front of people, that's how you earn the keywords right? I can't earn any of the keywords in the second selection because I can't perform...

2.) Also, how do you use the items from the fairy store? I mean I bought some sort of skill book, but it doesn't seem to improve my skill level.

3.) Also, when I look at the chart, under skill there seems to be some sort of yellow square icon (looks like a picture of a sun), what does that mean?

Thanks in advance for any help! By the way, I'm playing the PS2 version of this game. It's really fun, but a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. :D

I dont think you earn keywords by performing in front of people. Keywords for each piece is set, so you just have to use the bell icon to find the piece with the most matching keywords.

The reason you can not practice the interpretation of the pieces is because your skill levels are not high enough. What you need to do is go into the icon where it explains each song in detail and find out what are the requirements needed to perform the song. If you currently do no hold the skill needed, the skill name will be in red
It is hard to explain when I can not take screen shots...

When it is skills related, you can only earn the skill by practicing other manuscripts that allows you to gain the skill when you reach 100. Or go and buy the skill from Lili with your bravo points, but the skills might not appear at his shop when you need it, so the best way is to practice it and earn it.

When it is either sadness, elegance, cheerfulness level related, you just have to keep practicing on interpretation until your level reach the requirement...

I hope I havent confused you....:x
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 churasan

churasan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:49 AM

I dont think you earn keywords by performing in front of people. Keywords for each piece is set, so you just have to use the bell icon to find the piece with the most matching keywords.

The reason you can not practice the interpretation of the pieces is because your skill levels are not high enough. What you need to do is go into the icon where it explains each song in detail and find out what are the requirements needed to perform the song. If you currently do no hold the skill needed, the skill name will be in red
It is hard to explain when I can not take screen shots...

When it is skills related, you can only earn the skill by practicing other manuscripts that allows you to gain the skill when you reach 100. Or go and buy the skill from Lili with your bravo points, but the skills might not appear at his shop when you need it, so the best way is to practice it and earn it.

When it is either sadness, elegance, cheerfulness level related, you just have to keep practicing on interpretation until your level reach the requirement...

I hope I havent confused you....:x

Hmm... Okay, maybe I misunderstood the gameplay. Everytime I performed for a group of people, a little text box came up saying something like I earned one of the keywords or something cuz I got so many points. I thought that when you do the bell thing, you have to answer the question to get one of the keywords, then you have to practice performing in front of people to actually be able to use it in your piece because they came up on the right side of the screen everytime I practice performing it. With my limited Japanese though, I'm kinda only guessing...

If I'm only on selection 2 and I don't have enough skills to play any of the new pieces, then I should practice the first selection pieces again right? This game is really challenging. It seems that there is not enough time between selections to gain all the skills, bravo points, and try to talk to the characters for a happy ending...

Thanks for the advice!

#15 wasseryharp

wasseryharp

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:42 PM

Well, it's just like what kaho-san said but i think i'll add some pics to make it easier to understand.
And yes, if the 3-colored skills still aren't enough, you have to practice the 1st selection songs. I recommend you to use items to speed up your skills.

Posted Image
This is all the status Kaho-chan has.
The one above [技術 lv.] is the skill level of the heroine. this parameter use for play the menuscripts. and "ex" behind it is the exp you have, reach 100 and you'll gain 1 level.
the following 3 complex Kanji is the level for playing the arrangement.
清麗 is green color. in the pic, it's lv. 10 and 80 exp.
彩華 is red. in the pic, it's lv. 12 and 68 exp.
愁情 is blue. in the pic, it's lv. 18 and 96 exp.
When the exp reach 100, you'll gain 1 level.
And the circle beside them is a graph to show you these 3 kinds of levels.
[And these are the causes why you can't play the arrangement.]

And when you look at the arrangement.
Posted Image
If you can play the arrangement, you'll find the screen like this.
The icon you're selecting will be color. And in the upper-right box, you can see how many exp you'll get for each kind of level. And in the lower-right box, beside the circle, you'll see all the number is in black. Beside the 上達度, you'll see how you are good with the arrangement and exp you'll get.

But if you can't play the arrangement.
Posted Image
The icon you're selection is grey. And there're any info on exp you'll gain in both upper-right box and Beside the 上達度 in the lower-right box.
If your levels aren't enough, you'll see that in the lower-right box, beside the circle, the number is in red. In the pic above, the red number is 彩華 for 19 because my lever is only at 12 [please look at 彩華 in the upper-right box, which show your status.]
And if you don't have the skill for perform the arrangement, you'll see the star in the lower-right box is grey. In this pic one star is yellow and another is grey. It means to play this arrangement ,i have to have 2 skill but i still have only one, so i can't perform it.
To look at the skill you don't have, you have to choose the first command in this pic. [Well, because i'm too easy to read abd type it~!]
Posted Image
Then choose the problem arrangement.
And the go down to 解釈A/B/C/D that you have problem with.
Posted Image
In the lower box, on the right side, under the 必要スキル, you will find the name of skill you have to have. If you have the skill already, the letter will be in black [just like in the pic] but if not, the letter will be red.
[Skill books that you've bought is the skill books for these skill. Normally, you'll get the skill by max out the menuscripts.]
and in this screen, you can also look at other info on the menuscripts and arrangement such as lv., expert, or keywords.

All the pics maybe look very ugly, because they're taken form my old digi-came and old tv~ ^^" [Yes i know that they're ugly~!!]

Spoiler

Posted Image
ん?何を遠慮してるんだね。
Posted Image

#16 seryass

seryass

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:29 AM

I don't think it's necessary to max out all the arrangements because i've never done it~ ^^" But it's really important to max out all the mamuscripts. I always max out only one arrangement for the selection. And i can win almost everytimes, eventhough i still don't know why sometimes i can't.
And the arrangements sometimes can go up to 150. [If i remember correctly... - -...] It's a arrangement that boys like and you've already know it by the dream event i've said in the previous post. When you gain more than 100 in the arrangement, it'll be very easy to get bravo points or win the selection. But it's also not necessary to max it. [I love to use this chance to collect bravo points~]
I recomment to use many items in the 1st selection instead of buying other clothing stuff because items will help save the practicing time. And for 2nd [and 3rd?], i recomment to find all the fairies because you'll get an fairie's item that can reduce the practicing time.

I'm really looking forward to the Corda2 because it have more info on the boys~ [Well, i'm waiting to see Yunoki-senpai in the school's cultural day event~v] But i don't know if there'll be the game in my country... If not, i have to borrow the game from my friend... - -...

When you say max out all the manuscripts I take it you mean all the manuscripts for the song you chose (eg: If I wanted to play the Kiniro no Corda song I would max out all the manuscripts for that particular song only). The reason I mention this is that it would be nearly impossible to max out manuscripts for all the songs and still do one arrangement.

I choose a song and then max out all the manuscripts for it and try to max out all the arrangements for it too (espeically the ones with the most keywords). Using this method I have always won the 2nd, 3rd and 4th selections. The problem is always the 1st selection.

In my last game I picked the cheerful song (I forget the title) and maxed out the manuscripts for it too 100 and then maxed out the arrangements to 100 too. I only just managed to do it but I still only came in second place. Could you tell me please how you win the 1st selection as that is the one I'm always having difficulty on.

I'm really looking forward to Corda 2 as well. Kaji Aoi looks nice and as you says it will be nice to have more info on all the guys. There are so many games I want to play on the PS2 (Both Tokimeki Girls Sides, Fushigi Yuugi, Corda 2 and Angelique Trois) but I can't since I don't have one that can play Japanese games. Getting the PS2 to play imports is a problem for where I live too since it's extremely hard to find the merchandise to do it. I would want to try to get a Swap Magic disc but they are hard to find.

#17 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:55 AM

I choose a song and then max out all the manuscripts for it and try to max out all the arrangements for it too (espeically the ones with the most keywords). Using this method I have always won the 2nd, 3rd and 4th selections. The problem is always the 1st selection.

In my last game I picked the cheerful song (I forget the title) and maxed out the manuscripts for it too 100 and then maxed out the arrangements to 100 too. I only just managed to do it but I still only came in second place. Could you tell me please how you win the 1st selection as that is the one I'm always having difficulty on.

this is really odd....
I never ever had problem with first selection, it is like a walk in the park because the arrangements are so easy to do and so are the manuscripts. Are you sure you chose a song with 2 keywords in it? That is the only explanation I can think of for not winning...

I have had however in the fourth selection, when I was going after Tsukimori, and his rivalry and intimacy were both at 999 (i think that is max), I was so perfect, played the song with the arrangements even up to 150, I still only came second. It was when Tsukimori performed his most super dooper song where he didnt even need a piano accompaniment, and he promised that he would beat me to change my mind about not wanting to be a professional violinist.

It could be because when he confessed on the rooftop to me, he said he really was touched by my music, and asked if I could continue to be a professional musician and pursue the same dream as him, I actually chose no....XD ( pressed the wrong button)

so he did it to convince me maybe? =w=;;
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 churasan

churasan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:21 AM

Well, it's just like what kaho-san said but i think i'll add some pics to make it easier to understand.
And yes, if the 3-colored skills still aren't enough, you have to practice the 1st selection songs. I recommend you to use items to speed up your skills.

Thanks for taking the time to put up screen caps. It's clearer now. I'm going to check to see what skills I'm lacking in. Are the books the only items you can buy that will help you increase your skills? It seems there are other things at the fairy store, but have no idea what most of them are for (except for the dresses)....

I didn't have any problems winning the first selection either (my problem is I can't get past the second one yet cuz I have no skills!). I'm just taking a guess, but maybe it's the song you are choosing? Does it match the theme? For example:

Selection one:
Kiyoraka naru mono theme - Recommended piece is: Ave Maria A
Hanayaka naru mono theme - Recommended piece is: Gavette B
Setsunaki mono theme - Recommended piece is: Melody A

I got this from a Japanese website and it worked for me. Whenever I chose the recommended song (and got 2 keywords and practiced it), I got first place.

#19 seryass

seryass

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:33 AM

this is really odd....
I never ever had problem with first selection, it is like a walk in the park because the arrangements are so easy to do and so are the manuscripts. Are you sure you chose a song with 2 keywords in it? That is the only explanation I can think of for not winning...

I have had however in the fourth selection, when I was going after Tsukimori, and his rivalry and intimacy were both at 999 (i think that is max), I was so perfect, played the song with the arrangements even up to 150, I still only came second. It was when Tsukimori performed his most super dooper song where he didnt even need a piano accompaniment, and he promised that he would beat me to change my mind about not wanting to be a professional violinist.

It could be because when he confessed on the rooftop to me, he said he really was touched by my music, and asked if I could continue to be a professional musician and pursue the same dream as him, I actually chose no....XD ( pressed the wrong button)

so he did it to convince me maybe? =w=;;

Nope I made certain to do one with 2 keywords in it. Do you play the PS2 version or the PC one? I can only guess that if you are playing the PS2 version maybe they toned the difficulty down for it.

Actually since you gave me the advice of what to do with the 4th selection I have never had a problem with it and have always won. The problem I find is again trying to build the rivalry up. I'm currently trying to go after Yunoki-senpai but his rivalry just refuses to go up no matter how much I try to perform to get BP for him. Have you tried to win Yunoki-senpai and if so do you recall how much BP you had as I'm finding it extremely tough.

Shimizu Keiichi and Tsuchiura Ryotaro I have found to be the easiest characters to win out of the five main characters simply because it's quite easy to get all the skills required for Shimizu Keiichi and for some reason I find performing the Sadness songs to be the easiest (it was actually when going after Tsuchiura that I won the 1st selection for the only time).

Also do you know what the requirements are to get the two different endings for Ousaki Shinobu and Kanazawa Hiroto-sensei please?

Are you looking forward to Corda 2 coming out next month? I like all the additions they have made to it such as choosing when to go to school to meet the boys and some more events such as the Culture Festival.

I haven't dared tried going after Tsukimori yet simply because I'm dreading fullfilling all his requirements when I'm having trouble with some of the other characters (Yunoki-senpai in particular). On my PC game the intimacy and rivalry values for me are 1000 max. I'm guessing he was trying to convince you. Did you reload it and pick the other option?

I didn't have any problems winning the first selection either (my problem is I can't get past the second one yet cuz I have no skills!). I'm just taking a guess, but maybe it's the song you are choosing? Does it match the theme? For example:

Selection one:
Kiyoraka naru mono theme - Recommended piece is: Ave Maria A
Hanayaka naru mono theme - Recommended piece is: Gavette B
Setsunaki mono theme - Recommended piece is: Melody A

I got this from a Japanese website and it worked for me. Whenever I chose the recommended song (and got 2 keywords and practiced it), I got first place.

That might be the problem. Could you give a link to the site please so I can check it out?

#20 churasan

churasan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:14 AM

That might be the problem. Could you give a link to the site please so I can check it out?

Actually, may Japanese friend found the link and unfortunately I forgot to book mark it. She was trying to help me out (but even as a Japanese person, she was confused over the instructions of this game!). Here's another link though that has a walkthrough, but it's all my Japanese. My Japanese reading skills are low, but I think there are recommended pieces though for each theme. http://www5e.biglobe...a_ps2/all_5.htm

But I'm not sure if the recommend pieces are just for winning the competitions. Doesn't the song you chose also affect the guy's rival and love affections as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance