• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GuardianRandy

GuardianRandy

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Housei Toki, Kaji Aoi, Sei-Lan, Fukuuchi Ouchi, Tooya...

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

I didn't see anyone else posting about it, so I thought I'd spread the good news.

As of 12/14, there was an official announcement made about the upcoming year for the NeoRomance fans. Among those announcements was a super exciting one: Angelique is receiving a "full remake."

The press release noted that in honor of Angelique's 20th anniversary, they would be releasing a full remake to please the longtime fans as well as to usher in a new generation of fans who may not have experienced the first game.

No news yet on price or the system it will be released for, but with Koei/Ruby Party's tendency to release these games for the PSP, I wouldn't be surprised if this new remake will also be a PSP release.

What do you think? Does this news excite you? What things do you hope to see in this remake, and for which system would YOU like to see Angelique released?

#2 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, cooking, baking, movies, trying to save my dying Japanese skills (it's a losing battle)
  • Who I fangirl over:Kazuki Hihara; Hihara x Hino pairing (火日)

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Oooh!  I was just noticing the other day that Angelique's 20th anniversary was coming up, and I was wondering what they'd do for it.  I figured it'd be something fairly big.  After all, twenty years is a pretty long time.  That is pretty exciting. =) Do you think it'll be fully voiced?

What else do they have in the lineup? =)

I'm not as much of an Angelique fan as I am a Corda one, so I'm not sure if I'd buy the game...at least for a while.  I've got a lot of Corda backlog to work through, but since the Angelique voice actors are some of my favorites in the live events, I am interested in learning more about the franchise in general. =)

#3 GuardianRandy

GuardianRandy

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Other announcements in the lineup included reports of a stage adaptation of Harukanaru Toki no Naka De 5 being produced and written by the same team in charge of the previous stage version of Harukanaru Toki no Naka De 2. Also, there are some events coming up for their newest addition to the NeoRomance series: Geten no Hana, which you're free to check out here if you're unfamiliar with that one (it was new to me until a few months ago).

In addition to these, this also builds onto the previous announcements for all the La Corda things being released in 2014 including the anime adaption of La Corda D'Oro 3 which has been named La Corda D'Oro Blue♪Sky (and has the voice actress of Hino Kahoko from the anime playing the role of Kanade in this one), as well as the La Corda 3 Another Sky games: Jinnan version, Shisei, and Amane Gakuin.

For the sake of keeping the thread on topic, though, we should probably just stick to talking about the upcoming Angelique remake.  :cool:

Lots of exciting news, though!

Also, the full Japanese press release can be seen here on Gamer Japan if you're interested in seeing it for yourself.

http://www.gamer.ne....s/201312140014/

#4 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

I was happy about the remake for Angelique, but then I hope they will make a FULL VOICE and BETTER GRAPHICS.

They have the technology but refuse to use it on their Neoromance labels =.=

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#5 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, cooking, baking, movies, trying to save my dying Japanese skills (it's a losing battle)

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Cool!  Thanks! :D I'm a little sad to hear that they're not going to do a Festa or something like the 10th Sweet Celebration.  The Angelique voice actors are so fun to watch!

What makes it a "remake" though as opposed to simply porting the game to PS(P? Vita?  4?)?

#6 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,225 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Taniyama Kisho / Tsukimori Len / Tohgane Chiaki

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Probably that it was originally made for PS 1 and the graphics were really pixelated and 'old style'.  Maybe it was even SNES----I can't recall exactly. So they'd pretty much have to totally redraw the graphics to match up with PSP/Vita/PS2.

However, Haruka1 was also originally on PS1 and I don't think they called 'Hachiyoushou' PS2 game a 'remake' though it was just the same exact game with a few added parts and slightly better PS2/PSP quality graphics.

.....Yes, now that I'm thinking, I do believe it was SNES......

Posted Image

#7 GuardianRandy

GuardianRandy

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Probably that it was originally made for PS 1 and the graphics were really pixelated and 'old style'.  Maybe it was even SNES----I can't recall exactly. So they'd pretty much have to totally redraw the graphics to match up with PSP/Vita/PS2.

However, Haruka1 was also originally on PS1 and I don't think they called 'Hachiyoushou' PS2 game a 'remake' though it was just the same exact game with a few added parts and slightly better PS2/PSP quality graphics.

.....Yes, now that I'm thinking, I do believe it was SNES......

Yes! It was the first in the NeoRomance line back on the SNES, then it received a port with added illustrations, voice acting, and animated cutscenes to PC-FX, Sega Saturn, and PS1 as Angelique Special. After that it received an upgraded version known as Angelique Duet (originally on Playstation, then ported to Nintendo DS) with better graphics, upgraded music, new animated cutscenes (except in the DS version where they're replaced with images), and the ability to play as Rosalia.

The fact that they phrase it as a "full remake" gives me hope that it's more than just a port of one of the old versions of it. To me, when I hear that it's a full remake, I imagine the graphics, music, and maybe even the gameplay will be changed a bit to make it more interesting. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes out looking more like La Corda D'Oro 3 or something in the end.

For the series that started the NeoRomance line, I really do hope they put a lot of work into it and make a good remake of it for its 20th anniversary.

#8 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

When you say that you wonder if it will be more like Corda 3, do you mean like you'll have a little avatar that runs around finding the guardians like the girls did in the anime OVA/series?  I don't really know much about the original Angelique gameplay other than that apparently you had a map view to look at your continent.

Do you think there will be much new content?  If they have to draw and animate everything all over again to update the graphics, then won't that wipe out a lot of the budget?

#9 GuardianRandy

GuardianRandy

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

When you say that you wonder if it will be more like Corda 3, do you mean like you'll have a little avatar that runs around finding the guardians like the girls did in the anime OVA/series?  I don't really know much about the original Angelique gameplay other than that apparently you had a map view to look at your continent.

Do you think there will be much new content?  If they have to draw and animate everything all over again to update the graphics, then won't that wipe out a lot of the budget?

Well, there's no "finding Guardians" in the first Angelique game. In that one, they're already established, and you're just participating in an exam to see who's more fit to become the next Queen of the Cosmos. There's no tracking down of Guardians until Angelique Etoile, the 4th game in the main story games (excluding the Requiem of the Heavens RPG). That's the one they referenced for the TV series about the Legendary Etoile.

As far as what I believe to be more like La Corda 3, I just mean essentially what you said: the character avatars for them might look like little chibis, that kind of style. That's sort of how Angelique Etoile's characters looked in-game back on the PC and PS2. Then again, they could go the way of Angelique Trois and have really nice full-size 3d cel-shaded characters.

I imagine a lot of the budget would be spent on updating graphics and probably on paying the voice actors to reprise their roles yet again, assuming everyone will be on board.

#10 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Well, there's no "finding Guardians" in the first Angelique game. In that one, they're already established, and you're just participating in an exam to see who's more fit to become the next Queen of the Cosmos. There's no tracking down of Guardians until Angelique Etoile, the 4th game in the main story games (excluding the Requiem of the Heavens RPG). That's the one they referenced for the TV series about the Legendary Etoile.

Sorry, I phrased that badly.  I meant that when the girls wanted uh...sacarea(?) to go to their respective continents/universes, then they'd have to go find the guardians and ask them to send some/stick some in their bracelet.  So...like if Angelique thought people needed more greenery around, then the little Angelique avatar would run around the Holy Land until she found the Marcel avatar and ask him to send some Green Sacarea to her continent.

As far as what I believe to be more like La Corda 3, I just mean essentially what you said: the character avatars for them might look like little chibis, that kind of style. That's sort of how Angelique Etoile's characters looked in-game back on the PC and PS2. Then again, they could go the way of Angelique Trois and have really nice full-size 3d cel-shaded characters.

I haven't played Trois either, so I'm not sure what you mean. f(^^; ) The only videos I've seen for it have been endings.

I imagine a lot of the budget would be spent on updating graphics and probably on paying the voice actors to reprise their roles yet again, assuming everyone will be on board.

Why can't they just use the same voice recordings they used before?  Can the sound quality have degraded that much?  I can't imagine they'd go through with doing the game again if they didn't get everyone to agree to do it. =)

#11 mariko85

mariko85

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:im a big fan of anime, otome games, manga books, writing, drawing and listening to japanese music
  • Who I fangirl over:Azuma Yunoki, Kaname Kuran, Megane Katsuya, Hideaki Nakajima, Seizh. Shiki from togainu no chi and many others!

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

How is Angelique retour? Is it better then the original? I only ask since I never played the original since back then it was on a system I didn't own.

#12 GuardianRandy

GuardianRandy

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

How is Angelique retour? Is it better then the original? I only ask since I never played the original since back then it was on a system I didn't own.

I liked it a lot. There are some things I like better about the original (or at least Angelique Duet because, let's face it, the graphics needed a little more love than what they got in the Super Famicom version). But overall I think it's a great Angelique game for newcomers to the series. With the ability to Quick Save before important events and dates, it makes the experience a lot less frustrating.

In terms of the original Angelique, Duet is probably always going to be my favorite since you have the option of playing as Rosalia to keep things fresh. But Retour definitely did a lot of great things, so I highly recommend it if you're an Ange fan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: angelique

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance