Angeliqe Anime/OVA List

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, cooking, baking, movies, trying to save my dying Japanese skills (it's a losing battle)
  • Who I fangirl over:Kazuki Hihara; Hihara x Hino pairing (火日)

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hello!

I've been watching the Neoromance Live and Festa events recently, and it's piqued my interest a bit in Angelique and Neo Angelique (by the way, are these two different things or is it just that Neo Angelique is an extension of Angelique?).

I looked around on Wikipedia for a list of anime/OVA series that were produced for this and came up with the following:

Angelique: Shiroi Tsubasa no Memoir (2000, 2 episodes)

Angelique: Seichi yori Ai wo Komete (2001, 3 episodes)

Angelique Twin Collection (2002, 8 episodes)

Angelique (2004, 3 episodes)

Koi suru Tenshi Angelique: Kokoro no Mezameru Toki (2006, 13 episodes)

Koi suru Tenshi Angelique ~ Kagayaki no Ashita ~ (2007, 12 episodes)

Neo Angelique Abyss (2008, 13 episodes)

Neo Angelique Abyss - Second Age (2008, 13 episodes)

A few questions.

1) Is this list complete?

2) Is there a recommended order that these should be watched in besides chronological for someone who has never played any of the games?

3) Koi suru Tenshi Angelique and Neo Angelique Abyss are listed as spin-offs in the Wikipedia article.  Do they have much to do with the OVAs/each other?

Thank you in advance. :)

#2 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,225 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Taniyama Kisho / Tsukimori Len / Tohgane Chiaki

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

It sounds pretty complete to me, as far as anime/ova series go. (There are games, and such, of course.)

Koi suru Tenshi Angelique (both series) is the equivalent of what Primo Passo is to Kiniro no Corda. It's basically the game story/manga story, just in anime form.
They had 2 seasons. (And Kiyan-sama/granrodeo was the singer of both theme songs. 'Infinite Love' is one of my all time favorite songs of his and it's the theme song of Koisuru Tenshi Angelique - Kokoro.....' The second series 'Kagayaki...' had Granrodeo's 'Rain of Lamentation' for the theme song---it's also really good but more rock-ish. It's super catchy, though!)

Anyway, the OVAs are also based on the games, but add some plot, etc and are just 1-2 hours in total. Have you seen the Haruka ovas? These are like those. (Ajisai, Crimson Moon, etc)

And Neo Angelique is totally different. New cast, new characters, new scenarios. It's what they should've done for Haruka 5. (It should've been 'Neo Harukanaru') More people wouldn't have been so upset about 'replacing' the original cast, if it was a spin off, like Neo Ange was.
'Neo Angelique-Abyss' and 'Abyss-2nd Age' are like 'Primo Passo' again. It's the game/manga, just in anime version.

Posted Image

#3 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, cooking, baking, movies, trying to save my dying Japanese skills (it's a losing battle)

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Koi suru Tenshi Angelique (both series) is the equivalent of what Primo Passo is to Kiniro no Corda. It's basically the game story/manga story, just in anime form.
They had 2 seasons. (And Kiyan-sama/granrodeo was the singer of both theme songs. 'Infinite Love' is one of my all time favorite songs of his and it's the theme song of Koisuru Tenshi Angelique - Kokoro.....' The second series 'Kagayaki...' had Granrodeo's 'Rain of Lamentation' for the theme song---it's also really good but more rock-ish. It's super catchy, though!)

I was really surprised to see that you had replied to my post since I was given the impression that you aren't really an Angelique fan, Setsuna-san, but when you said that Taniyama-san/Granrodeo do the theme songs, everything made sense. XD

Anyway, the OVAs are also based on the games, but add some plot, etc and are just 1-2 hours in total. Have you seen the Haruka ovas? These are like those. (Ajisai, Crimson Moon, etc)

No, I wasn't aware there were OVAs for Haruka.  Are they also based on the games?  Which ones?

And Neo Angelique is totally different. New cast, new characters, new scenarios. It's what they should've done for Haruka 5. (It should've been 'Neo Harukanaru') More people wouldn't have been so upset about 'replacing' the original cast, if it was a spin off, like Neo Ange was.
'Neo Angelique-Abyss' and 'Abyss-2nd Age' are like 'Primo Passo' again. It's the game/manga, just in anime version.

Okay, so from what it sounds like here, I should watch Koi suru Tenshi Angelique first.  Then watch the OVAs.  Then watch Neo Angelique Abyss?

Which OVAs correspond to which games?  There's...Trois, EtolieAngelique, and a couple others, I think?  Should OVAs just be watched in release order, or is there a shared timeline that they follow?

#4 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, I'd go for 'Koisuru Tenshi' first (both seasons) then shoot for the OVAs.

Neo Ange is a completely different animal, so you could watch those simultaneously with normal 'Ange' but you might get overwhelmed if all at once.

I am totally ignorant of Angelique (apart from the basic synopsis/premise) and Neo Angelique, but since I collect all the event/festa dvds, their seiyuu & songs pop up at the events so I'm 'kinda' familiar with them. I only saw 'Shiroi Tsubasa no Memoir' 2 ova episodes and wasn't impressed. (Had to fansub it for a friend who was a big fan back then. Wow it seems so long ago and I guess it was! It was 13 years ago!!! :faints: ) So I can't really recommend which to see in order, but I do know for sure that 'Koisuru' series are the same as 'Primo Passo' is to Corda and 'Hachiyoushou' is to Haruka, so....I'd go for that first.

And Abyss is in the same class, it's just 'NeoAnge'.

Mmmhm.....There is a 2 part OVA for Haruka 1; a theatrical film (played in movie theatres!) for Haruka 1 called 'Maihitoyo'; a 3 episode OVA for Haruka 2; a 4 episode OVA for Haruka 3. (It was (2) 2-part episodes that could be watched independently but were a continuation.)

Also, for the Haruka 3 ovas, there were bonus 20 minute parts that were only on the dvd release and not on the tv version. (Like Secondo Passo had additional parts for the dvd release version.)
I posted those up on this forum somewhere. If you need to see them, let me know and I'll try to find the links for you. (Just the extra parts to the HaruToki3 ovas, that is.)

There were also 2 Haruka 1 stage performances that were released on dvd. (Like Corda's 'Stella Musical') Those were very well done, too. ^^ I really loved Takamichi's actor! I think most people did, and he became a regular seiyuu/character in Haruka 4 and now in Haruka 5.

Posted Image

#5 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, I'd go for 'Koisuru Tenshi' first (both seasons) then shoot for the OVAs.

Does Koisuru Tenshi Angelique not start from the beginning?  I just watched the first episode, and I was under the impression that while the original queen's name was also Angelique, the name of her assistant should be Dia, not Rosalia although she also had purple hair, I think, and that there was another girl who was Ange/Angelique's rival for the throne or something.  But the Guardians seem to be the same give or take a few...how much older than Ange does this make these Guardians if this isn't their first generation queen? XD

Mmmhm.....There is a 2 part OVA for Haruka 1; a theatrical film (played in movie theatres!) for Haruka 1 called 'Maihitoyo'; a 3 episode OVA for Haruka 2; a 4 episode OVA for Haruka 3. (It was (2) 2-part episodes that could be watched independently but were a continuation.)

Also, for the Haruka 3 ovas, there were bonus 20 minute parts that were only on the dvd release and not on the tv version. (Like Secondo Passo had additional parts for the dvd release version.)
I posted those up on this forum somewhere. If you need to see them, let me know and I'll try to find the links for you. (Just the extra parts to the HaruToki3 ovas, that is.)

I'll go look these up when I'm done with the Angelique stuff.  Thanks!

There were also 2 Haruka 1 stage performances that were released on dvd. (Like Corda's 'Stella Musical') Those were very well done, too. ^^ I really loved Takamichi's actor! I think most people did, and he became a regular seiyuu/character in Haruka 4 and now in Haruka 5.

Very cool. :smile:

#6 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

I think they're REALLY old, especially Clavis and Julious. They were the guardians of the previous queen. They come in stages. Some are SUPER old, some are medium old, some are newcomers and some are coming to be guardians at the same time as the new Angelique is coming, too. This is more of a fantasy show than even Haruka. ^^;;

I think the premise is that you have to save the universe or fall in love---you can't do both. (If I'm wrong, someone correct me.) The previous 'Angelique' queen (always named that) loved Julious? I think but she chose to save the world, rather than go off with him. (In the game, you can choose what you want to do, and who, etc.) Clavis loved her too, so they're 'friends' but more rivals.

So, that's why those two are kind of perpetually grumpy, I think. ^^;;

Anyway, I always had the impression that Angelique (current one) goes with Oscar. From 'Shiroi Tsubasa' it really seemed he was the canon. But since I haven't really watched anything else, I can't say for sure. ^^
I always liked Randy with Rachel? too. I thought they were cute together in that OVA.

Rosalie wants to be queen, but she is your rival, and has to teach you the ways of becoming queen. ^^;;

Posted Image

#7 tentsubasa

tentsubasa

Queen Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

I think the premise is that you have to save the universe or fall in love---you can't do both. (If I'm wrong, someone correct me.) The previous 'Angelique' queen (always named that) loved Julious? I think but she chose to save the world, rather than go off with him. (In the game, you can choose what you want to do, and who, etc.) Clavis loved her too, so they're 'friends' but more rivals.

I think you have to choose between love and duty only if you're aiming to become Queen.  Which makes sense since the Queen seems to spend virtually all her time on some balcony praying and watching over the kingdom, so when in the world would she find time to spend with her beloved? XD But in the Koi suru Tenshi Angelique, it seems like you're allowed to have your cake and eat it too because she's not a Queen Candidate, just a legendary heroine, at least the ending of the anime seemed to imply that.

So, that's why those two are kind of perpetually grumpy, I think. ^^;;

Hahaha, yeah.  They're both very stoic. XD

Anyway, I always had the impression that Angelique (current one) goes with Oscar. From 'Shiroi Tsubasa' it really seemed he was the canon. But since I haven't really watched anything else, I can't say for sure. ^^

In the Kokoro no Mezameru Toki half, it seemed like the anime was mostly leaning toward Zephel/Zephyr, though they did a very good job of balancing the 9 guardians for the most part, so it could still be anyone's game.  In the Ashita no Kagayaki half, it seemed like Francis and Charlie were the main power players.  That half didn't focus on the romance as much as the first, so I found that a bit unfortunate since to me, that's what these things are mostly supposed to be about.  Maybe it was because she was running around trying to find the guardians like Akane was in Haruka, although I felt like the amount of relationship-building screen time with the character she was searching for was better arranged than Haruka.

Does anyone know if there are multi-endings for any of these?  I tried checking out the list of special features on the DVD list on the Koi suru Tenshi Angelique website, but I couldn't figure out if they were there or not.  It seems a shame if there aren't.  They did a pretty good job of building up romantic tension between Ange and most of the guys, especially in the Kokoro no Mezameru Toki half.  I mean in both there were guys who were more gypped than others, but overall I thought they had a nice balance of romance, character development, and plot progression.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance