• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sangoire

Sangoire

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shiba (TMGS2), Sebastian Michaelis, and many more. :)

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I'm searching the blogs and the forums and I'm not finding it or I'm using the wrong language.

Will some of the Japanese otome games have their scripts posted online? I was playing around on the Ouran High School game but some of the Kanji... I just can't make it out and I'd really like to know what it is/what was said.

So I was looking for... Like just the full script. Then I can just do a search in the document for the kanji/kana surrounding what I'm looking at.

I don't need it translated necessarily. (Although if there's scripts with both, that'd be awesome!)

Or is this something I could just ask the manufacturers for? (Or could we?) It doesn't have to be anything other than a flat list of everything spoken in the game.

I hope that makes sense. :smile:

#2 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Short answer: no and never.

It's like asking if they would post online their art assets. They are too important to the game and they won't hand them out so easily for everyone to have fun with.
There were instances where the script was sold with the game as part of the limited contents (Koei did it with Yume no Ukihashi EDIT: it's not even the full script). But it's really considered rare and a treasure XD

For your case, you should just do a visual recognition of the kanji you have problems with, either with a program or free sites like this one

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#3 Sangoire

Sangoire

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shiba (TMGS2), Sebastian Michaelis, and many more. :)

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thank you. :) I wish they would make it easier. I'll try just doing my best drawing the kanji. I may try searching Google to see if anyone might have dug out the Japanese for the game, too. I found one for Ouran: http://ourands.wikispaces.com/

I might see if there's a way to maybe pull out the scripts from the files, but that's probably hard to do. :) I think a lot of the people who want a game in English would be happy even with the game script to make it easier to just copy/paste into a translator as they play through? Even if a group can't put an entire game together, putting together a wiki with all the Japanese for people to try to translate seems like a fun idea.

Just thinking about maybe trying with something like Storm Lover or similar. Mostly just more Japanese practice. Anyway, thank you! You've given me some things to think about. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance