• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Little intro:

Spoiler

- Every time a game is added to this thread (or maybe PM me?I'm not sure what the right procedure would be), I'll try and update the list ^_^
- Please let me know what level the game falls into according to you.
- I encourage you to also add why you think it might be good for that level so I can add that as well.
- If you want to say somethihg about a game that's already been added, don't hesitate to leave your thoughts as I'll add them under the spoiler. :)

Games recommended to beginners:

Skills are around old JLPT 4 ( I think new JLPT 5?).

Storm Lover
http://forum.my-neoromance.com/index.php?/topic/2181-storm-lover/
Spoiler

TYB: Dark Cherry
http://forum.my-neoromance.com/index.php?/topic/2505-tyb/
Spoiler

Games recommended to intermediate gamers:

Games recommended to advanced gamers:

Sorry for short/slow responses...

RSI sucks lol:p

my stupid blog XD

#2 Yoshibb

Yoshibb

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Link from Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

I would really appreciate this list. I'm trying to learn Japanese but I don't want to jump into a game that's filled with super confusing phrases.

#3 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm glad you find it useful!
I haven't had much time to play anything these days (partly due to school, partly due to RSI), but I'll try to put more effort into playing games so I can update this thread more often :)
Though right now I'm trying to get through all of the kanji in "remembering the Kanji" (only 1400 more to go lol)and I'll probably try to get through some "Core 2000)" word list to up my vocabulary before continuing with new games.

By the way, if you are learning Japanese, and if you have visual novels on your PC...
I highly recommend getting the following programs:

1. Anki ( ankisrs.net )
2. the Yomichan add-on for Anki ( http://forum.koohii....pic.php?id=7321 )
3. ITH (read about ITH and AGTH here: http://www.craneanim...ext-hooker.html )
4. AGTH

With ITH and AGTH, you can easily look up words that you don't understand whilst playing and... after a VN session,with Anki and Yomichan , using ITH, you can grab the text and paste it into Yomichan so you can easily add words to your Anki flash card deck. So that way you can study the vocabulary that you come across in your otome games :)

my stupid blog XD

#4 Yoshibb

Yoshibb

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Thanks. I have tried to use those programs but I can't really play PC games cause I'm on a mac. I'd like to try some PSP games, but that means no AGTH. Kanji is the hardest for me. I can catch some of the voices and what they are saying, but if I miss that, I really can't read the text at all. Plus looking it up in a dictionary is difficult. If you have any recommendations on Japanese learning tools, that would be great. I've always wanted to learn this language because I watch so many animes and want to play games in Japanese. Now I actually have some time to do it.

#5 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Ah, that does make it a little more difficult ^_-

this thread has some solid info on where to start learning Japanese: forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=5322

For grammar, Tae Kim's guide is pretty good and it's free! Make sure to get the pdf so you can keep it on your computer.

And if you have a DS, by chance, you can turn it into an electronic dictionary with this "game":

http://www.play-asia...en-70-198v.html

it's an E-J J-E dictonary and you can write out the kanji so it's easy to look things up!
I always have it by my side when playing games on the psp.

If you want to learn to write kanji, then Heisig's Remembering the kanji is a pretty good method, though it takes a little bit of dedication.

my stupid blog XD

#6 Yoshibb

Yoshibb

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, I do have a DS so that will be helpful. A quick question though. I would really like to try Hiiro no kakera after loving Hakuouki in english, but I'm not sure about the difficulty level. Have you ever played it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance