• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lost Sigma

Lost Sigma

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Creating original works, JRPGs, playing the piano, playing online games, visit TVTropes.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many to list down.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hello. I'm Lost Sigma and I just joined the forums. I don't have many otome games I like at the moment, but I know that I'm planning one right now. More of a writer than a gamer here, though.

I happened to stumble to this forum and I most often hang out at the 'General Otome Games Topic' topic to see the many general discussions on otome games. So, as you can see I'm just here to make some research regarding it and I would like to hear from people (with experience playing otome games) some feedback on what needs to be fixed from what I have planned. I would like to move out from the stereotypes I always see in these games and have fun playing with the tropes surrounding these. Do you think it's a good idea to do that?

#2 Aidou Yuukihara

Aidou Yuukihara

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:bishie, otoge
  • Who I fangirl over:Kaji Aoi, Serizawa Mutsumi, Hihara Kazuki, Kiriya Etou, Shimizu Keiichi, Kuran Kaname, Zala Athrun, JunJun, aidou Hanabusa, and other bishies!!!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hello Sigma (may I call you that way?)
Welcome to MNR!
You can call me Aidou or Yuuki.

about your question, I don't get what it means. Sorry, *smile wryly*

#3 Lost Sigma

Lost Sigma

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Creating original works, JRPGs, playing the piano, playing online games, visit TVTropes.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hello Sigma (may I call you that way?)
Welcome to MNR!
You can call me Aidou or Yuuki.

about your question, I don't get what it means. Sorry, *smile wryly*

I'm planning an otome game (along with other projects, non-otome game related) currently and I would like to look for feedback about it. I have a plan of moving out of the usual stereotypes and cliches seen in many otome games (both plot, settings and character archetypes) and I was thinking if it's a good idea. That's my question.

And yeah, call me Sigma if you want. As long it doesn't sound silly or offensive.

#4 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Oh, hi there! I apologize for the belated welcome ^^;; Well it's spring break so I can go spam the forum for now XD

Well, fresh ideas are good but then it also depends on how you will execute/integrate it with the story. We won't be able to give you any feedbacks not until you show us a sample~

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#5 Lost Sigma

Lost Sigma

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

Oh, hi there! I apologize for the belated welcome ^^;; Well it's spring break so I can go spam the forum for now XD

Well, fresh ideas are good but then it also depends on how you will execute/integrate it with the story. We won't be able to give you any feedbacks not until you show us a sample~

Sorry for the late reply. Finals are coming, so RL stuff comes first. You don't mind me giving you a rough list of what I'm going to do on my project?

• Main Heroine: You can't change her name, since she's going to be called by her name very often. (縋峰 九傘 Sugamine Tsukasa, family name comes first). She's 17, has an elder brother 27 years of age and is currently under his care.
  • Main heroine has a default personality of being aloof and doesn't show too much of her emotions, partly due to being in a car accident that killed her parents and (heroine) fell into a short coma years ago. Depending on the route she takes, her personality may change, but not too large of an extent.
  • Before I go on, there are quite a number of female characters (as compared to many otome games) that are of importance to the story. Can't disclose how many there are, but I assure you that it's not going to be either 1 or 2.
  • There are plans for this game to be a hybrid RPG/otome game. One of the main themes is 'Dreams'; the main characters will be fighting for their lives in the dream world, face their insecurities and finding out the mystery of the dream world and why they were able to remember it in the first place (other characters don't remember going into the dream world).
  • There are four love interests for Tsukasa can go for, in order of first appearance in story. All of them are around the age of 17 by the time the story ends:
    • Boy #1 (Ida) : In appearance, he looks like an intimidating guy (tall, well-toned due to his part-time job being in logistics, tough-looking) but he's actually quite shy and well-adjusted, compared to the other three boys mention later below. He and Tsukasa met at a hospital, from the time Tsukasa was in a coma and his parents were the ones who spotted her and called the ambulance. He's the only romantic interest who's studying in the same class as Tsukasa. [Theme Color: Red]
    • Boy #2 (Renji) : Charismatic, rich and somewhat a ladies' man. Looks like a typical bishounen and beneath his pretty and no-problem exterior lies a complex, feisty and angry side no one else sees and only shown if the player follows his route. I am still stuck on how he and Tsukasa will meet, since the one that I have right now sounds lame and cliche. Need help on this one. Renji and Ida were childhood friends; attended the same class in elementary school but go on separate ways once they entered different middle schools and have never be on contact until he met Ida again once they began high school. Studied in an all-boys private school but transferred to the same school Ida attends in that same year after much persuasion his father to let him do that. [Theme Color: Blue]
    • Boy #3 (Mitsuru) : The most outgoing, bubbly and outspoken of the four romantic interests, acts as the comic relief. His height is the closest to Tsukasa (not as tall as the other three romantic interests, around 2 or 3 centimeters/about 0.8 to 1.2 inches taller than her. Tsukasa first met him after seeing him fainted on her doorstep, hungry and tired from all the traveling he's done. Was a homeless drifter before meeting Tsukasa and her older brother. Has a comically troublesome relationship with Tsukasa's older brother (being a big eater and all) and in the brother's point of view, obnoxious. Lives with the Sugamines and studies in the same school as Tsukasa after persuading her older brother to let him stay with them (for free for the first week, but he eventually needs to find a part-time job to repay him since Tsukasa's brother's playing his school fees). His entire past is shrouded in mystery. [Theme Color: Yellow/Orange]
    • Boy #4 (Yori) : IIRC, I don't think I remember any otome game having someone like him as a love interest. Withdrawn, obsessed with Western cartoons and comic books and mute (due to an incident that took place 5 years ago before the story begins). In this case, Tsukasa has to do most of the talking in his route. And yes, he's quite mentally messed up largely due to an incident that took place 5 years ago. Hair is unkempt and is a megane, though he's totally not cool-looking and his fringe sometimes cover his eyes. IMO, I enjoyed developing and writing his route the most since he's not based on any love interest trend/stereotype. He's very uncooperative with his new group of friends at first, but it took him a lot of time, effort (and some therapy) before he gets better. And if there's voice acting, most of his voice clips are either typical grunts or he'll be shouting lines from his favourite comic books or cartoons. [Theme Color: Green]
  • There are actual deaths in the game if the player chooses the wrong choices. The point of the game is to prevent deaths that can actually be avoided (there are some plotline death, i.e. cannot be avoided even if the player chooses the right choices.) There are important things those people you saved can tell you in order to solve the mysteries and get the good endings to the four routes.
  • There's a lot of bad endings if the player chooses either the wrong/stupid/you-are-not-using-your-common-sense choices. There are good endings (called Neutral Endings) and they are quite lame which leaves the questions hanging. The actual good endings on the other hand will answer the questions that the characters having been pondering since the start of the game and also brings the game to a proper closure.
  • Even though the story's separated into four different routes, overall they are of one narrative so there's a need to play all four routes to understand what's going on in the story.

That's all I could think of at the moment. There's more to come and reveal, but I don't want to spoil the story too much. What do you think? Criticisms are welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance