• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mariko85

mariko85

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:im a big fan of anime, otome games, manga books, writing, drawing and listening to japanese music
  • Who I fangirl over:Azuma Yunoki, Kaname Kuran, Megane Katsuya, Hideaki Nakajima, Seizh. Shiki from togainu no chi and many others!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

Posted Image

Story

The story follows from the -Episode i- novel which was released with the international version of Final Fantasy XIII. Final Fantasy XIII-2 begins three to five years after the events of Final Fantasy XIII, with some survivors rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but her younger sister Serah thinks she is not. When New Bodhum is overrun by monsters, Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off to find out what has happened to Lightning.

The release date for this game will come out in December of Japan and in January 2012 to the U.S. I cant wait to play this game since I loved Final Fantasy XIII. Oh heres alittle info about the Historia Crux that will be in the game.

Historia Crux has a time-travel system which allows you to travel back and forward through time to different space-time locations in the game. The game’s director, Motomu Toriyama, compares it to a “home menu” that is at the heart of Final Fantasy XIII-2 story. You can go forward in time, but also rewind it, to replay areas that you’ve already visited.

In a Square Enix Members interview, Toriyama says: “You will be able to freely come and go between all the areas; the game will provide not just simple environmental exploration, but also a multi-layered exploration of history through the Historia Crux.”

Elaborating further on the Historia Crux, Toriyama says that it will branch off into multiple routes depending on the player’s choices. Routes you take will have detours that you can go on to find side missions and secrets. Exploring and experimenting with the Historia Crux will allow players to uncover the game’s various multiple endings as well.

The flow of areas accessible via Historia Crux has been structured so that all of the player’s actions and decisions will influence the gameplay,” Toriyama promises. That said, if you want to stick to the game’s main story and not explore the different space-time locales, that’s possible, too. In Toriyama’s words: “Casual players will be able to use the Historia Crux in a similar manner to browsing a favourite website — picking and choosing between all the different links available.”

The creation of the Historia Crux for XIII-2 was influenced by fans who wanted a less linear experience than the one in Final Fantasy XIII. Another point of fan feedback that was taken into account for XIII-2 is that side quests are available early on, rather than only being made available in the second half of the game. Toriyama says to also expect “many strong and colourful mini-games” that you can access whenever you want by visiting certain locales via the Historia Crux.

Finally, another aspect of Final Fantasy XIII-2’s heavy focus on time travel is encountering familiar characters in different situations, depending on what time period you’re in. Since the main cast of the original game is returning, you’ll be able to see how they’ve changed over the years.

All of this sounds very interesting. What are your thoughts about this sequel?

#2 Murasaki

Murasaki

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime, reading shoujo manga, playing otome game, reading, sketching, and listening to music
  • Who I fangirl over:My lovely potentially do-M otoko~

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:46 PM

I decided to watch the trailer on youtube, seeing that it's been so long since I've last checked up on this---

"OTOME GAME!??!!?!?"

What's with the increase of bishounen characters? :D
I'm surprised though, in a very good way. And Serah/Sarah looks like the otome game heroine hehehehe Lightning doesn't seem to show up often in the trailers. I hope I'm wrong about that. :/
~*~ Love from Murasaki ~*~

#3 mariko85

mariko85

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:im a big fan of anime, otome games, manga books, writing, drawing and listening to japanese music
  • Who I fangirl over:Azuma Yunoki, Kaname Kuran, Megane Katsuya, Hideaki Nakajima, Seizh. Shiki from togainu no chi and many others!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

I decided to watch the trailer on youtube, seeing that it's been so long since I've last checked up on this---

"OTOME GAME!??!!?!?"

What's with the increase of bishounen characters? :D
I'm surprised though, in a very good way. And Serah/Sarah looks like the otome game heroine hehehehe Lightning doesn't seem to show up often in the trailers. I hope I'm wrong about that. :/

You thought the samething of this being kinda like an otome game. Cant blame us for thinking that with the different routes you can do to lead to different endings lol. I do hope that there will be romance in this game. I like to see some between Lightning and Kaias and Serah with Noel. That be something if there is an ending where Serah chooses to be with Noel and not with Snow anymore. Sadly for Lightning in this game she will be a side character instead of the main character like she was in the first part. Noel and Serah will be the main characters in this game.

#4 mariko85

mariko85

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

Can anyone who got the japanese version of Final Fantasy XIII-2 tell me if its better than Final Fantasy XIII? I also heard rumers on the internet that theres a bad ending where Serah dies. Is that true? I cant get this game till the end of January. Sigh why so long cry:. When I do get it though im going to play it right away ;).

#5 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

wait so what platform is this?
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Zesty

Zesty

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Soul Nomad & the World Eaters, Princess Nightmare, Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side, Yo-Jin-Bo, AMNESIA, Uta no Prince Sama, Video games, Anime, Manga, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, OHSHC, FMA/FMA:B, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Harvest Moon, Pokemon
  • Who I fangirl over:Yuri Lowell, Shin, Ikki, Ukyo, Hariya, Niina, Ruka, Otoya, Natsuki... Want more?

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

FFXIII-2 is on XBOX360 and PS3.

I don't have it myself, but it does have a few endings where Serah dies.

Spoiler

Copy and pasted from the Final Fantasy wikia. They also have a few details on some of the other endings, but not much. I've also seen one of the endings where Serah and Noel become monsters, it's titled 'Paradox Ending Flan'.
AzureSword
Posted Image
Icon and Sig made by me.

#7 Jasmin

Jasmin

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Manga. Graphics
  • Who I fangirl over:len

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

Im having doubts of buying the game, do to the fact the fact that you hardly play as Lightning (so far, you only play her in the beginning of the game)
anyways. from what I keep hearing there 8 paradox endings and they pretty much suck...so Im wondering if THAT ending is the canon ending that will lead to what SE claims to be a mistake FF13-3.

kitsih.png

#8 mariko85

mariko85

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

Yeah I heard about that as well. About there being a Final Fantasy XIII-3 game. If SE does make it I wonder what storyline they will come up with.

#9 Jasmin

Jasmin

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Manga. Graphics
  • Who I fangirl over:len

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

Make that 9 endings, theres a secret one...
Anyways, if they do make FF13-3, Im pretty sure that Caius will be around. It's Lightning Im worried about...

kitsih.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance