• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Manga, anime, BL/Otome Games, Japanese TV dramas and drama CDs, music, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:All the Miyanomori brothers, Madoka, Yukio, Vicious, Gloria, Matheus, Julius, Will, Ludwig, Yunoki-sama

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Game Title: OZMAFIA!! (オズマフィア)
Scenario/Planning: ゆーます
Colouring/Art: さとい
Production: Poni-Pachet SY
Genre: Oz x Mafia x otome x renai ADV
Planned Release: 2012
Official Game Site: http://oz.ponipa.com/

Posted Image

Seems like this is the first otome game from this new brand...
I ADORE THE COLOURING AND ART *o*
This game is clearly based on the well known "Wizard of Oz",
but twisted as an original Mafia/adventure/fantasy otome game xD

Girl's Style summary says that the heroine Fuka (フーカ name can be changed) is thrown to an unknown land with no memory of her past. All of a sudden, a strange silver-haired guy points a sword at her, and the whole town is running about trying to escape. When the heroine is resigned to the prospect she's about to be killed, a helping hand is extended to her by...? The heroine will live together with the members of the Oz Family, as in Mafia family, who are the brave boss managing the organization, named Caramia (カラミア), the shy and blunt Kanbu/executive leader Axel (アクセル), and the mild mannered, subdued advisor Kyrie (キリエ).
Caramia is based on the Cowardly Lion character of the original Oz story, Axel on that of Tin Man's, and Kyrie on Scarecrow's character.
Here's the Girl's Style link to the article for more info.

Posted Image

#2 tegami

tegami

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the guys of Kuranoa/Cry No More

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

The art and coloring is lovely. (Is it the artist who did 街で噂の伯爵様?)
I wonder why the heroine's name is not Dorothy though.
There's been a mafia boom lately (in BL as well).
Probably gonna be some secret as to why the character seem different from the original?
There's a lot of potential to make this game crazy/awesome because of the setting but it may also be very loosely based on the original.

#3 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

OMG I WAS JUST TALKING TO MY SIS ABOUT HOW QUINROSE SHOULD TOTALLY DO A WIZARD OF OZZ THING AND... whoa. this is pretty awesome. too bad for quinrose though xD

Agreed with Tegami on the lovely colouring. Mm yay to guys that aren't either wearing tights or baring their midriff =DD
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for posting the information on this game Adrienne!
I hadn't heard of it till now, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun!
Wizard of OZ x Mafia should have a great potential to be really interesting :D

As for those of you wondering if the art is done by the same person who did the art for 街で噂の伯爵様,
I just checked and it's the same name.

Credits from 街で噂の伯爵様:
キャラクターデザイン・原画・CG:さとい
キャラクター着色:INO さとい

I thought the art was beautiful! I really love her work, so that makes me even more excited about this game!
(Too bad it's so far off now though! :P)
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#5 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hijiri, Moro

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Seriously dat coloring. The artist leveled up like a gagillion times from 街で噂の伯爵様.

They were originally gonna do something with Bjorn&Bjorn and the original design of the heroine was a lot different, but I prefer the new design. If only I saved the old design... I never expected them to go full out commercial.

Posted Image
http://spadey.wordpress.com/

#6 reira

reira

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Takuma + トシちゃん~! (^ヮ^)

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

Thanks for posting! ヾ(▽`*;)ゝ"
Love the watercolor-esque art- it looks so soothing. Somehow it seems as if the whole game is going to be bathed in a bright, glowing light now XD

I wish there was more than 3 playable characters though- maybe they'll release a 4th unlockable route...? *crosses fingers*

#7 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

Site updated with the rival family, the Grimms.

They've also been updating their blog with lots of 4komas. Axel is so adorable~

Posted Image

#8 synchronicitykey

synchronicitykey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Shin, amnesia, starry sky, anime, Shin, Lelouch, Izaya, graphic design, Kpop, Jpop, Shin, Jrock, kdramas, RPG games, Shin, otome games, Shin, otomate, quinrose, Shin..did I mentione I like Shin already? too in love with amnesia
  • Who I fangirl over:Lelouch Vi Britannia or Izaya Orihara or Suzuya Tohzuki =S

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

The art is lovely <3 I remember stumbling upon this on a blog and clicking the banner and falling in love with the site.
I wish they updated moore frequently, read that the next update will be in October
Can't wait^^

Posted Image

Otomate is <3

Posted Image

Aoi Kano =O <3

#9 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Ahaha I love how Red (well, now called Scarlet) is a hunter. If only he was a girl then it'd be total girl-powa. But it's ok he's moe as a nice black-haired boi. Haha Grimm... I'm not into the fact that just cuz Oz is supposed to be a "fairy-tale" that automatically calls for another "license-to-include-the-well-known-fairytales" theme. But oh well. Scarlet is cute.

I wonder what they're going to do with their adaptation of the actual Oz characters. For example, I can see that Axel and Tin Man's "want a heart" thing going on since he's like the shy and blunt guy and then it can be like "oh, you had a heart in you all along ahaha". For Carameia it could just be about like leadership and fear and courage etc. a pretty common theme. But then for Kyrie... Idk. Wanting a brain? But he's the haraguro-ish type no? So what does that have to do with not having a brain? I think the whole "pretending-to-be-dumb" theme would be stretching it a bit for him... Hmmm.
Spoiler

#10 synchronicitykey

synchronicitykey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Shin, amnesia, starry sky, anime, Shin, Lelouch, Izaya, graphic design, Kpop, Jpop, Shin, Jrock, kdramas, RPG games, Shin, otome games, Shin, otomate, quinrose, Shin..did I mentione I like Shin already? too in love with amnesia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

It's quite an interesting combination tbh.

Oh and the site has been update with two new charas

http://oz.ponipa.com/special.html

http://oz.ponipa.com/stars-22.html So (?)

and Caesar http://oz.ponipa.com/stars-21.html

I like the design for Caesar *wishes she could use google translator on the site but it's impossible* X_X

Posted Image

Otomate is <3

Posted Image

Aoi Kano =O <3

#11 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Manga, anime, BL/Otome Games, Japanese TV dramas and drama CDs, music, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:All the Miyanomori brothers, Madoka, Yukio, Vicious, Gloria, Matheus, Julius, Will, Ludwig, Yunoki-sama

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

Everyone, you are welcome, happy to share this news for this promising game with you ^.^
I am also happy to see such interest about it here, and updates from fellow forumers, guess I am not the only one excited about this one xD
I ADORE CAESAR....HE'S THE SEXIEST OF THE LOT, PERIOD!
Judging from some sexy magazine scans I've glimpsed, with Caesar holding the heroine possessively in his arms, I am in love with him already^^
Hope there are more updates at the official site, and some sample CG or something.
Speaking of updates, 2 new characters have been introduced at the official site, Pashet - A NEKO-MIMI CHARA xD - and Heidi.
link for Pashet, link for Heidi
OMG, THE NEKO CHARA IS SUCH A CUTIE xD

I like the design for Caesar *wishes she could use google translator on the site but it's impossible* X_X

Synchronicitykey, what I understood from the main site about Caesar is that he is described as an ookami/wolf, he is the leader of the 'Wolf gang',
and what he says as his catch phrase is "you are my prey - down to/till (every single) drop of your blood, you are mine"

Posted Image

#12 Yunii

Yunii

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:hot bishies

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Pashet is supposed to be puss in boots, right? I didn't even realize it until I saw his logo.
The story page have been updated too, if anyone is kind enough to translate, please do :>

#13 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

I'm touched upon reading the story page xD
Loose translation below. Please excuse my lousy translating skill.

Spoiler

Seems like they (well, or at least Kyrie) were in love with Dorothy in the past.

Oh and yes Yunii, Pashet is Puss in Boots. Also, Heidi leads her own gang lol.

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#14 synchronicitykey

synchronicitykey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

^It's soo touching =O

This game seriously is going to be awesome and touching..really. So it's like in the past the events of the wizard of oz took place, like them looking for the things they were lacking (heart, brain, courage) now this is more interesting

I'm just a little bit disappointed that I found out that Pashet was a girl, I remember reading somewhere that -.- I was so hyped about Pashet then when I read he was actually a she, my world just started falling into pieces x_x lol

Posted Image

Otomate is <3

Posted Image

Aoi Kano =O <3

#15 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

Wait, Pashet's a girl?

On their staff blog they have this when they released the silhouettes of Heidi and Pashet:

主人公を含めた女3人(?)の描きおろしと

Including the protagonist, an illustration of the 3 (?) girls.

The question mark makes me feel like everyone just thinks Pashet is a girl and he's actually a guy, but I could be wrong. Pashet's marked as capturable though so unless it's some yuri like Gekka, I'm just gonna hope assume Pashet's a guy.

Edit: Whoop de shoop. Profile says female knight.. STILL HOPING HERE.;_; Oh well. I don't really mind though because Pashet is cute.

Posted Image

#16 Ice Archeress

Ice Archeress

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:+ Prince of Tennis
    + Anime / Manga
    + Web design
    + Video games (otome & RPG)
    + Fanfiction writing
    + Travelling
  • Who I fangirl over:~ Kirihara Akaya ♥, Niou Masaharu, Lucia, Azusa Kinose, Fujiyama Arashi, and many more

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, actually I was wondering about that too. The question mark thing in that blog post. I also started questioning whether Pashet's actually a guy or something like that. I did a double take when reading the profile and even got a second opinion on whether there could be any other meaning than "female knight" OTL

I wish they would update more often~ >o< In their blog, it actually says that this game was slated for release in summer 2011, but they pulled it back to improve the quality or something - I already have super high expectations XD. I'm a bit disappointed that Hansel isn't capturable (I was all prepared for some Gretel vs Fuka rivalry) but I'm more than excited for Caesar and Scarlet. =w=~

Posted Image

OZMAFIA!! translations || Story Characters 4-Koma

#17 synchronicitykey

synchronicitykey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

Wait, Pachet's a girl?

On their staff blog they have this when they released the silhouettes of Heidi and Pachet:

主人公を含めた女3人(?)の描きおろしと

Including the protagonist, an illustration of the 3 (?) girls.

The question mark makes me feel like everyone just thinks Pachet is a girl and he's actually a guy, but I could be wrong. Pachet's marked as capturable though so unless it's some yuri like Gekka, I'm just gonna hope assume Pachet's a guy.

Edit: Whoop de shoop. Profile says female knight.. STILL HOPING HERE.;_; Oh well. I don't really mind though because Pachet is cute.

I hadn't seen that on their blog o_O

Hopefully your theory about everybody thinking Pashet is a girl but being a guy in reality is right. Im hoping that he's a guy as well but yeah, I got shocked when reading Pashet was capturable, I'm not sure if I'll be able to take some more yuri like in Gekka.. I totally thought Pashet was a guy..cos I normally think that girls pretend to be guys at times but not that guys pretend to be girls o_O so far I havent stumbled upon something like that

Fingers crossed Pashet is a guy >_<! I totally fell in love when seeing Pashet so..uh..yeah lol

Posted Image

Otomate is <3

Posted Image

Aoi Kano =O <3

#18 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Jin, Hinase Mitsuru, Ikki

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

I found this wonderful person who is just as obsessed over OZMAFIA as everyone in here.

http://ice-archeress...l.com/8971.html

They did some amazing translations of everything ^^.

Posted Image

#19 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:37 AM

Nice.^^

Here's the blog post about the question mark: http://staffnote.ponipa.com/?eid=27

The blog got updated with another 4-koma today too. I'm starting to think that Pashet's just a girl though after seeing the 4-koma. That first panel is so feminine that I can't imagine Pashet being a guy now. Doesn't really bother me though and all the other capturable guys seem awesome so oh wellz. Gonna be hard for me to talk about Pashet until gender is confirmed though. Keep having to say Pashet Pashet Pashet instead of he/she lol.

Posted Image

#20 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

o. i just realized. pashet and pony pachet. (LOL MAKER AVATAR) aanyway um ya im srsly hoping pashet isn't a girl cuz i mean if he/she's capturable then... yuri end? LIKE HARUKA 5??? o gosh please just... no. please.

buut anyway. WHY CAN'T WE CAPTURE HANSEL?? BAKA CHARA FTW MAN (i guess we'll just have to wait for fandisc? LOL)
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance