12 replies to this topic

#1 ~Yukiruchan~

~Yukiruchan~

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, RPGs, otome games, Japan, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:Kaido Takato♥; Bishop, Rook (CZ's government side), Namikawa Daisuke XD , OKITA SOUJI♥♥♥, Onizaki Takuma

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

Title : 十三支演義 ~偃月三国伝~
Official Site: http://www.otomate.jp/jyuzaengi/
Release date: Feb 2012
Console: PSP 三国時代を生き抜く恋愛アドベンチャーゲーム
Artist:
悌太 (iza, shutsujin)
Theme song, game theme composer: 植松伸夫 Uematsu Nobuo (FF)
プロデューサー・企画:野原悟史、ストーリー原案:広井王子、ディレクター:伊東 愛

Yes, this was announced in Otomate's Party earlier this month. Not much information yet.
For now, you can see some screenshots here http://www.famitsu.c...7/16046855.html
It looks clean and pretty. I thought I saw O-chan

Cast : Ishida Akira, Okamoto Nobuhiko, Suzumura Kenichi, Nakamura Yuuichi, Toriumi Kousuke, Suzuki Tatsuhisa, Yusa Kouji

Posted Image
~夢の雫*~ Twitter

#2 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

Theme song, game theme composer: 植松伸夫 Uematsu Nobuo (FF)

I AM READY
[insert MY BODY IS READY meme gif here]

P.S. what's with otomate teaming up with so many companies?

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#3 tegami

tegami

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the guys of Kuranoa/Cry No More

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

A lot of collabs lately...
But hey, the Three Kingdoms AND cat ears/beast race, that's gotta be interesting right?
Casting and art isn't so bad, but I probably won't preorder this one (unless they reveal more).

#4 D3stinyx

D3stinyx

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many; but my favourite from TMGS should be Hariya Kounoshin.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

Oh my god, another game about the Three Kingdoms?

I hope this turns out to be good, 'cuz I love the Three Kingdoms' story! Even though Sangoku Rensenki was a great game- the Three Kingdom's characters and plot seemed a bit too hard for me and fellow Chinese to swallow. I hope they don't mess it up in this game. It's a superb setting.

The art seems atttractive, as expected from Idea Factory. Hope more information can be released soon. ^^

Posted Image

どれだけ 歩いてきたんだろう?
振り向いたら涙の跡

傷つけ 傷つき 辿りついた場所
今ここに君がいる

#5 reira

reira

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Takuma + トシちゃん~! (^ヮ^)

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

From what I read:

- The protagonist lives with a group of 猫族 or people of the "cat/mythical feline race"
- who've been persecuted for centuries and cast out by humans, and have formed a hidden village of their own,
- is half cat half human herself,
- very much trusted by the village elder,
- and in the game, is to wage war on a human military faction aimed at suppressing her own people...

I smell potential forbidden love/angst/fraternizations with the enemy!! (σ^▽^)σ

Sounds like the beginning of an interesting adventure-based otome game XD
Hope they release more info soon--

#6 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:13 AM

@reira thanks! sounds interesting (though reminds me of that nitrol game... what is it again? you know the one w/ cat ears.)

the 2nd guy from the left on the official site is really bad angle... does anybody know what other stuff this person has drawn?

:edit: OK WOW THE CHARA DESIGN... I... THIS...

can't seem to wrap my head around it. seriously man none of them even REMOTELY fit the original story (except maybe 3rd bro... and i guess sou? i dunno if that's how you say his name.) LIKE OMG THE HEROINE IS THE 2ND BRO??? AND THE 1ST BRO IS A SHOUTA???? WHAAAAAAT (brain implodes)
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 shinryuuchan

shinryuuchan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kajiwara Kagetoki, Hakuryuu, Taira no Atsumori, an embarrassingly large number of real historical figures

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:14 AM

NERDPOST AHEAD:

Ugh, haven't been paying much attention to new otome games recently, but yyyyyessssss another Sanguo game! And this time it looks like the heroine may be competent and perhaps even badass (as it's kind of hard to nerf the iconic Guan Yu)! (I liked Sangokuren Senki, but still wanted a more, er, powerful heroine.) Phew, they really got some interesting people to work on this game: Hiroi Ouji is the producer behind the Sakura Taisen series (and I think the Japanese wiki says he was heavily involved in Tengai Makyou of all things), and obviously Uematsu is famous as far as video game composers go. Don't immediately recognize the artist, though, and would be curious to see if anyone else knows anything else besides Iza! Shutsujin and this game that he/she has produced art for. Thought the art looked a bit like Clock ZERO's and AMNESIA's (though less...airy/ornate somehow), but have no interest in those two and the sites don't seem to say who the artist(s) were, so can anyone confirm/deny? At any rate, I'm really enjoying the art style, so as long as Otomate don't wussify the heroine too much, I think this'll be a winner for me.

Looks like the main characters besides Guan Yu are (in order from left to right on the Characters page): Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun and... Zhang Liao! (HECK YES YAMADAAA! Always wanted to go after him, one of my favorite Wei officers; it looks like he might be a bit of a somewhat axe-crazy battle-lover here, unless I'm mistranslating.) Wonder if good ol' Kongming will show up (maybe later/as a secret route? that might be plagiarism, though XD)? So if this follows the novel/history at all, it looks like this will be early Sanguo (i.e. up to about 220 C.E. or so) as usual; too bad there aren't any later-era otome games, I'd like to see some tragedies involving the few later heroes. Glad too that Wu isn't represented as of yet; it'd be...difficult to square with history, even more so than any romances with Wei officers (and Lu Meng, the only guy in Wu I like, would, uh, NOT work for this heroine). XD

Also, for what it's worth, how could anyone NOT make Liu Bei an adorable shouta? He was kinda pathetic but charismatic in the book (until he wasn't, but that's for another time).

Anyway, watching this like a hawk. Sorry for the nerdin', gonna go back to lurkin'.

#8 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

@蒼海龍敏 hm i'm glad you like it. i still can't quite accept it yet... LOL illustrations from the tale of 3 kingdoms from my childhood is just ingrained waay too deep into my consciousness. in my mind every single man in the whole story have massive beer guts and 1st bro's supposed to have super long ear lobes (LOL wootwoot good luck!) and arms that reach his knees etc.

...yeahhhh this is totally my problem LOL though strangely i didn't have that big of a problem with s.y.k... maybe it's because they didn't change the appearances too much (well, ok, they did, but they just made the guys hotter that's all xD) maybe i'm going to have to start viewing this from a diff perspective. pretend they have nothing to do w/ the original 3 kingdoms story.
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 shinryuuchan

shinryuuchan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kajiwara Kagetoki, Hakuryuu, Taira no Atsumori, an embarrassingly large number of real historical figures

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

@蒼海龍敏 hm i'm glad you like it. i still can't quite accept it yet... LOL illustrations from the tale of 3 kingdoms from my childhood is just ingrained waay too deep into my consciousness. in my mind every single man in the whole story have massive beer guts and 1st bro's supposed to have super long ear lobes (LOL wootwoot good luck!) and arms that reach his knees etc.

...yeahhhh this is totally my problem LOL though strangely i didn't have that big of a problem with s.y.k... maybe it's because they didn't change the appearances too much (well, ok, they did, but they just made the guys hotter that's all xD) maybe i'm going to have to start viewing this from a diff perspective. pretend they have nothing to do w/ the original 3 kingdoms story.

Ah, sorry if you thought I was disagreeing with you; I didn't grow up with 3K, so all the heroes' appearances a little less engraved in my cultural consciousness. Most people I know who even know which three kingdoms I'm talking about are so used to troll-Liu Bei and so on that they're shocked when they see how Japan prettifies everyone and not just Zhou Yu, so I understand how you feel. Though I admit I'd almost like to see an "ugly" yet incredibly likeable guy as an option; maybe that's why I tend to like non-ero-jiji ossan routes/characters in games? XD I think the only game I've played that pulled that trick was Love Revo!, and Touru (I think that's his name) ended up bishounen anyway...

Ahem. Anyhow. This is certainly going to be very different from the traditional story, what with the sudden appearance of Chinese cat-people. (I'm getting hints that there might be something about a quest for 13 SCROLLS OF ULTIMATE POWER.) I hope the wackiness of some of the other series Hiroi Ouji has worked on comes through in this game as well.

(Re: SYK, I think in general that Journey to the West had a format and cultural history that was easier to adapt to an otome game: Sanzang was a fairly malleable everyman [albeit kind of a wet blanket] traveling on a journey through the mind as well as space with four interesting personalities who were all very different. Sounds like a good harem setup to me. :P Three Kingdoms focuses on Shu Han and some Cao Wei, sure, but there are over one thousand distinct people mentioned over almost 100 years and they're almost all dudes, many of whom die off relatively quickly in endless battle. Also romances are mostly political ploys and aren't really dwelt on. I think the former is why they have to focus on a relatively small bit of the history and a few main characters in games like this, and the latter may be why Sanguo otome games feel so different from the book/history while Xiyouji seems much more "fitting." Just speculation though; feel free to counter.)

Edit: Herpderp, the 十三支 in the name refers to the Maozoku (not Nekozoku as would be typical; they're going with the Chinese pronunciation) being labeled by humans as ruled by a 13th (unlucky?) sign under the Chinese zodiac due to their being neither human nor beast. Awww, they're working in the cat being left out of the typical East Asian (as opposed to South-east Asian) zodiac.

#10 mariko85

mariko85

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:im a big fan of anime, otome games, manga books, writing, drawing and listening to japanese music
  • Who I fangirl over:Azuma Yunoki, Kaname Kuran, Megane Katsuya, Hideaki Nakajima, Seizh. Shiki from togainu no chi and many others!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

This looks like a very interesting game. I love the drawings and the music to it as well. I just recently saw the opening to this game and loved it. The music that was playing during the opening was cool. I cant wait for this game to come it since it grabbed my attention.

#11 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:57 AM

Anyone playing this game? Are there any bugs and such?
I heard an issue in chapter 4 (Sousou's route) about the game automatically saving and throwing you back to the title screen, but I made it to Chouhi's chapter 7 without any problems.. does any of you encounter that bug (?) in the game?

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#12 shinryuuchan

shinryuuchan

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Anyone playing this game? Are there any bugs and such?
I heard an issue in chapter 4 (Sousou's route) about the game automatically saving and throwing you back to the title screen, but I made it to Chouhi's chapter 7 without any problems.. does any of you encounter that bug (?) in the game?

I played through all of Cao Cao's route with no problems, though I admit I didn't try out all of the dialogue options. There are a couple bad ends that can occur during the end of Cao Cao's route (not the real bad end, but game overs) that save the system data before kicking the player back to the title screen, but I don't think that's what they're talking about. There have been some typos where the dialogue doesn't quite match the script, which is weird to me (since I can't stand it when English game writers/actors don't check their grammar/script, I figured a visual novel would take more care).

I'm still on my second character (I play through VNs very slowly, since I have work and school), but I'm really enjoying the game. (Full disclosure: I love almost anything Sanguo, ancient warfare and cat-related, and I am a sucker for physically strong heroines. I haven't actually played that many otome games because only a handful have a badass fighter with a strong will for a main character, so what may be tedious and/or cliche to more experienced players makes me squee.) I've played one of the bonus routes as well, and it was fun despite having no saving or choices. Ma Chao was kind of hilarious; I've never seen him presented as a flirtatious character before. Just wish there was a scene replay outside of the Peach Garden vignettes (and that they hadn't put CGs in the bad ends because ew, Cao Cao's bad end was just DO NOT WANT ~_~). While the romantic scenes are really cute, I'm not sure anyone who doesn't like copious amounts of wartime will want to plow through the several hours each route takes. There've also been some reviewers on AmazonJP wondering why they chose the Sanguo period at all, given all the differences, but I liked their decision to set a racially-charged warfare game in ancient China. *shrugs* Also, the setting allows the heroine to face immense pressure and come out on top because she is a BAMF, which doesn't seem to happen in more typical school romances.

Notes for other Sanguo nuts: Wu fans, you're outta luck; the game ends before Chibi, and even during the Anti-Dong Zhuo Coalition Sun Jian and Ce are MIA. (I love that there's no options for Wu, actually, but that's because I hate most of them with the passion of a thousand fiery suns and think they're less interesting than the other two major kingdoms. Lu Meng would make an interesting route, though...)

Edit: Also I will be posting walls of text for a while because I love this game I am so sorry in advance.
Edit 2: I hate to ask this, but I couldn't find an answer in the forums and am nervous about starting a topic myself. How does one go about changing her username?

#13 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

Alright, it has been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages since I ever reviewed a game that I have played. But I thought I will give this game a go because there were so much to LOL about.

Overall, it is an interesting game, the length of each route is of quite a good length and some routes are quite touching and some routes made me laugh so hard (not due to humour).

Pros:
  • BGM
  • art
  • seiyuu voices...TORIUMI YOU WERE AWESOME
  • loved the bad ED 8D (I am a sadist LOL)

Cons:
  • cant skip the battle parts that obviously was the same plot in many individual routes
  • the WTF-ness of some plots
  • takes forever to load, so it felt like it takes forever to go through some very short dialougues
  • too many useless dialogues like "!!", "?!", "..." imgaine it takes 5 sec to load each dialogue and every character has to do the "!!" thing once =_=
  • I still found it amusing how they could have a conversation and rabu rabu in the middle of a on going battle and won't get shot by flying arrows or chopped by random soldiers...

If anyone is curious on what order you should go in, I recommend this Chouhi->Chouun->Kakouton->Chouryou->Ryuubi->Sousou. Must leave Sousou to the end because his route does have a few spoilers

Okay, now I am going to rant now, and I will put it in spoiler LOL

Spoiler

ok, I will stop ranting, go play this game if you want to have a good laugh and have time to spare 8D

Edit 2: I hate to ask this, but I couldn't find an answer in the forums and am nervous about starting a topic myself. How does one go about changing her username?

unfortunately you cant, it is because if members were allowed to change their usernames, then it would become too confusing for others. But if you really need to, please PM me and I will change it to the one you want as a one time exception

@Misha: I didnt get any bugs.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance