#1 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Diana Caprice

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:39 AM

From what I read on ANN -- http://www.animenews...rry-sky-project -- JAST USA is "...looking into the process of licensing..." the Starry Sky visual novels and drama CDs. So it seems that it hasn't been confirmed for an official translation yet.

Therefore, if you're interested in seeing the Starry Sky series get localized, then I strongly recommend sending a polite message to the JAST staff. Make sure they know you're willing to buy it through paid downloads, or in packaged form. Likewise, be sure to join their forums, and talk with fellow fans there.

#2 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

That's odd, considering they had a pic in their presentation flouting Starry Sky.

http://angemedia.liv...com/431262.html

Perhaps it's not yet licensed, but they're already fully committed to it? It would be awful to show a picture of if they're still only thinking about it.

#3 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

I've been stalking Jast and Mangagamer for a while, if Jast said that it means there is a 90% chance it will turn into a real license. We can only speculate on why they didn't sign a contract yet, hopefully they will explain it at a later date.

I'd like to ask people who plan to go talk with JAST to NOT PESTER ABOUT OTHER TITLES. And I shall explain why.

First, they are probably in an advanced phase with SS meaning that that will be the title. Like with Hakuoki, the anime probably played an important role.
Second, JAST is partners with Will Co. Said company (between the long list) is partners of Asgard/Honeybee (see why SS was picked?), IcingCandy and SugarBeans. So no, they really don't need to be pointed to those games because they most probably know them already and are the most likely next picks after Starry Sky.

And to end this, spread the word to all the people you know with all the ways you know, regardless of whether you plan to buy the game or not (it's your right as a consumer to not buy something you don't want). I'd like to see these games not having the same fate of Yo-Jin-Bo, who many discovered too late it had a release. wow I don't think I used the word 'probably' so often within the same post

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#4 Skyrius

Skyrius

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tsukimori, Hihara

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

For those of you who were at AX, they had a panel and booth in the Exhibition Hall (and that lovely giant poster XD) but it is true that they don't have a confirmation for the series yet. I've moved this over to this thread too but:

"http://angemedia.liv...com/431262.html

It seems JSAT USA is also bringing over Starry Sky. I was busy at the Exhibition Booth at that time, so I didn't get to see the actual JSAT panel, but good thing I wasn't the only otome game fan there XP. Anyways, personally I'm more a drama and tragedy fan than slice of life highschool (thus why I like Hakuouki XDDD) so I wasn't crazy over the Starry Sky franchise. However, English otome games are my dream so I'm going to be splurging and buying two copies of both games. Everyone else who can manage that, please do so too ;D

GOD SPAMMIT, another edit. Sorry, there's always changes and updates in these things :T Anyways, it seems that JSAT STILL hasn't officially confirmed the Starry Sky project (why did you guys show it off at AX then?!?!? >___<). Anyways, it's still TBA for a date of release (if there will even be one), so if this does come over, it'll definitely be after Hakuouki. Personally, I get the feeling they might even be waiting to see if Hakuouki flops or not, but that's just a hypothesis.

Anyways, JSAT produces PC games so if it comes over, it'll probably be the PC version."

I think they had more Q&A during their 18+ bishoujo game panel also, but since I wasn't as interested in that, I didn't go :( But I'm sure you can find most of the answers from other sites or just by asking the staff.

#5 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Seems that the problem is within the voice actor union

I hope they give up rather than pull what MG did by releasing unvoiced games :/

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#6 SukunaHikona

SukunaHikona

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, game RPG, action, otome,
  • Who I fangirl over:Kiryuu Zero, Kuran Haruka and Kaname, all the men from heart/clover/joker , Gil from Pandora Hearts, Yoite from Nabari no Ou,

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

I am not a big fan of this series. I finished SS in Spring only 1 day, and I can say clearly that I prefer dark/tragedy game like Hakuouki or Armen Noir more. BUT, if it translated officially, of course I'll be interested in it (although I don't have money to buy two or more copies....). Just only one thing: they didn't make any change for the CVs, since CV is one of most important part in otoge.

If anime is one major factor to translate otoge, will another company consider Heart no Kuni or Uta no Prince-sama?

#7 SORA.h

SORA.h

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Currently: Nine from FF Type-0

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

There are only two things that I hope for:
1. Hopefully there's no changes in the seiyuu... I just can't imagine Azusa being voiced by someone else but Junjun :'< plus like SukunaHikona mentioned, it's a rather important aspect in an otoge. Honestly though, I'm curious about which voice actor's guild are they talking about [western? Or Japanese? @A@;;], and what problem is it ^^U I suppose it's a company matter though, so I guess they won't tell us about it...?

2. The names OTL I... just hope that the names won't be changed. I just can't imagine the characters donning western names lol :'D;;

Either way, with how both SS and Hakuouki are being translated, I sincerely do hope that other games will be translated too. S.Y.K. for example, or TokiMemo Girl's side.
Sig will be coming soon! \o/

Blog: time after time
LJ: soraland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance