#21 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hijiri, Moro

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

I haven't pre-ordered yet either. There's some other games I really want, so I'm probably just gonna go with regular edition AmiAmi or CDJapan since I don't care for bookmarks.

AmiAmi - Bookmark
7netShopping - Postcard
Neowing - 2 large size portraits (Regular edition) / Microfiber cloth (Limited edition)
Fammys - Telephone Card

And if I'm reading it right, the drama CDs marked with a ☆ use dummy head mic.

I guess since CDJapan marks their pre-order bonus as a drama CD, that's what they'll give?

Posted Image
http://spadey.wordpress.com/

#22 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Jin, Hinase Mitsuru, Ikki

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

The prequel to this game was released on the 17th of November. It has stories of the guys before they meet Lilith I think?

It can be found in the Playstation Network and is free to download ^^.

Posted Image

#23 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

I downloaded it :D
though i still need to get round to playing it. And since it's going to take ages to trawl through all the kanji, I'll have to do it somewhere over the weekend:p

I haven't pre-ordered yet either. There's some other games I really want, so I'm probably just gonna go with regular edition AmiAmi or CDJapan since I don't care for bookmarks.

AmiAmi - Bookmark
7netShopping - Postcard
Neowing - 2 large size portraits (Regular edition) / Microfiber cloth (Limited edition)
Fammys - Telephone Card

And if I'm reading it right, the drama CDs marked with a ☆ use dummy head mic.

I guess since CDJapan marks their pre-order bonus as a drama CD, that's what they'll give?

Now I'm a little confused (and I'll be so disappointed if what you say is true,'cause i pe-ordered the regular version from amiami and....I don't care for bookmarks either lol)...

because, amiami says that as a preorder bonus you get a cd?

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-PSP-2420&template=default/product/e_display.html
(scroll a little down?)

or did you mean that you get a pre-order cd that was specifically from a certain store? (if that makes sense)... so you'd get the regular pr-order cd AND a pre-order bonus cd from the store....
Sorry for short/slow responses...

RSI sucks lol:p

my stupid blog XD

#24 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hijiri, Moro

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

For amiami, I think that it will come with both a bookmark and drama CD if you choose that version you linked. The other regular edition (not marked with bookmark) will just come with a drama CD.

I'm not completely sure and I've never ordered from a shop like Animate so I can't comment on the double pre order CD thing.

All the pre order stuff makes my head spin so I just order from wherever is cheapest and if I don't get any pre order goods I'm just like oh well whatever.Dx

Posted Image
http://spadey.wordpress.com/

#25 Alto

Alto

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko Hino

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

Am I the only one having problems getting the trial to work on PSP? -___-"

#26 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

For amiami, I think that it will come with both a bookmark and drama CD if you choose that version you linked. The other regular edition (not marked with bookmark) will just come with a drama CD.

I'm not completely sure and I've never ordered from a shop like Animate so I can't comment on the double pre order CD thing.

All the pre order stuff makes my head spin so I just order from wherever is cheapest and if I don't get any pre order goods I'm just like oh well whatever.Dx

Oooh then I ordered the cheaper one without bookmark.
Yeah, usually I'll go for the cheapest too... But...when there's drama cd's.....I cannot resist drama cd's lol.

my stupid blog XD

#27 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Manga, anime, BL/Otome Games, Japanese TV dramas and drama CDs, music, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:All the Miyanomori brothers, Madoka, Yukio, Vicious, Gloria, Matheus, Julius, Will, Ludwig, Yunoki-sama

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Anyone played this game yet? :)
It would be nice to know how the RPG gameplay/system of the game is like....

Posted Image

#28 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

The game is on it's way to my place, it's now hanging out somewhere in Tokyo, hopefully I'll have it by the weekend ^^
That is, if it doesn't get caught by customs lol :(

my stupid blog XD

#29 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 645 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

So far it's so long or it's bec I'm running it on automode to watch 8D

Well I'm slow at reading anyway hehe

My first impression on first few hours of gameplay: (I never read the magazine articles and bothered to read the site so LOLOL you might LOL at my impressions hahaha)

Spoiler

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#30 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hinoe, Benkei, Tomomori, Yunoki Azuma, Yasuaki, Francis

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

Anyone played this game yet? :)
It would be nice to know how the RPG gameplay/system of the game is like....

I finished a route (Nayuta's good and best end) - I don't usually like the knightly type but oh my god I squee'd during a lot of his events it must be the srsbsn and megane. /)///(\

The gameplay's pure visual novel with some character selecting (and timing out when character selecting), it's the story that reads like an RPG but otherwise it's pretty good! Lilith's also likable as a heroine. Definitely a game I'd recommend!

@Akuram IT'S VERY LONG I spent 3 days playing it... which is significantly much longer than I usually use to play otome games rofl. although I am sick so I couldn't really read long before I had to break. Kishio's character appears at like... almost near the end. Depending on where you are/how fast you read it might be a veeeeeeery long wait. I'm going after him right now and even with skip it's still long.

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#31 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 645 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

I connected the psp to my tv so lol I can chillax more hahaha

And yes I stopped playing yesterday after his chara appeared. So LOL I'm so near at the ed now? haha

Oh yes Nayuta is soo >///< even at the beginning so I'm having a hard time to go for so I have a feeling I won't get any ed with anyone (with my lol choices so far haha).
But really I miss the system where you can go for multiple guys at the same time 8D

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#32 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Manga, anime, BL/Otome Games, Japanese TV dramas and drama CDs, music, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:All the Miyanomori brothers, Madoka, Yukio, Vicious, Gloria, Matheus, Julius, Will, Ludwig, Yunoki-sama

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

@Mizutama, thank you very much for your impressions!
If you recommend playing this, then I think I will buy this game for the PS3 a little later on ;)
Oh, so it is the story that resembles RPG-style, now I see...
I thought there was a battle system that resembled RPG in the game too xD

@Akuram, thank you for your thoughts on the game too!

So this game is so long, eh?
Would you say that it is boring though?
Because it is one thing for a game to be long but interesting enough to play, and another to be long and boring.

@Ebi0brain, hope you receive your copy of the game soon then ^^
I know how you feel, I am anxiously waiting for my copy of the HanaIchi fandisk + a couple more games to arrive,
and customs clearance is taking ages, especially now with the holidays rush...

Posted Image

#33 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

@Adrienne: Yeah I definitely recommend getting it for the PS3 if you can! I bought both and imo while the PSP may be convenient to play, the graphics for this game on the PSP are pretty squished since it was probably shrunk down, and on the PS3 it's soooo much nicer and more detailed.

Also in terms of the length, it's very very long but I can assure you that the story's interesting to read! It read a bit like a Tales of... game to me and I'm a fan of that series, so of course I might be a little biased |D; The problem is when you replay, that's when it becomes tedious. Because while you can skip the things you've already read, it still takes very long to get to the branches. I pretty much put it on hold and only play it randomly in between the HanaIchi FD, so I'd recommend making strategic saves whenever you play Beyond the Future to make sure you can get the most route potentials in one playthrough and reload to whatever point you need to branch to another character which isn't hard for Nate and Nico but for the first four... sobs 8'(

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#34 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

@Mizutama, thanks again for taking the time to reply in detail and in depth ;)
Yep, I will definitely buy it for the PS3, it is as you say, a better console for this type of game.
I had a feeling the graphics and overall RPG feeling of the game would have much eye-candy material and gorgeous art, so it would be a shame not to enjoy all this on a TV after all^^

I am also a fan of games like Final Fantasy series etc., so I'm sure I'll love Beyond the Future, being the Otome, lighter RPG version that it is^^
It is great to hear that story-wise, the game doesn't bore you *sigh of relief*
I had such a hard time fighting yawns and waves of boredom and drowsiness with other recent game releases like QuinRose's Peter Pan and Kaminaru Kimi to, that I was skeptical about Beyond the Future too...
But since this game is so good, and it has a lot of things that are to my liking already, I will save up a bit after the holidays and buy it ASAP xD
About the length, I see^^ I will just get a manga or two to read after I clear the game once, while I wait between the long skip intervals :lol: And I will also follow your advice about strategic saves~
(And I am so happy to hear you started the HanaIchi FD! Everybody seems to be playing it like crazy xD I will probably receive it tomorrow *keeps fingers crossed*)

Posted Image

#35 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

I was a bit disappointed when it turned out that this was a pure visual novel with RPG-inspired aspects rather than it having RPG features like moving around and battling. It plays out more like an adventure story, haha. This game feels pretty long to me though and I've been playing it for most of the day whenever I have time o_o. The character interactions and the fact that the rest of the team doesn't get shoved to the side for the guy that you're going after makes me happy though~! It's so hilarious to watch them insult each other but grow closer to each other as they continue to travel.

@Mizutama: You made a good choice going for Nayuta at the beginning I think, because I wanted to go for Nate and it took so long to get to him *sobs*. I feel sorry for the people who start for Nico (Daisuke's chara) because he appears so far into the game that you'd just feel crappy for friendzoning all the guys before then hahaha.

@Adrienne: I also want to add my opinion! This game is definitely isn't boring for me at all. The main story is really interesting (at least while I'm still doing the first playthrough) and there are quite a few romantic parts with your chosen guy spaced in between moments of the main plot. I feel like the romantic parts were done really well being spaced out like this because it makes you look forward to it and you don't really know when they'll appear. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, ne? ;D

Edit: I also have a question. Is there a gallery for the game? Does it unlock or something when you complete a route? Or is there no gallery or scene selection? And is there an ending list or can I calm my OCD tendencies to get all bad ends and good ends and best ends? >w<

Posted Image

#36 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

@Mizutama: You made a good choice going for Nayuta at the beginning I think, because I wanted to go for Nate and it took so long to get to him *sobs*. I feel sorry for the people who start for Nico (Daisuke's chara) because he appears so far into the game that you'd just feel crappy for friendzoning all the guys before then hahaha.

Edit: I also have a question. Is there a gallery for the game? Does it unlock or something when you complete a route? Or is there no gallery or scene selection? And is there an ending list or can I calm my OCD tendencies to get all bad ends and good ends and best ends? >w<

rofl I actually wanted to go for Nico first because I adore Kishio Daisuke, but couldn't help it, megane characters attract me like a beacon and I was really glad I chose him too! Since all Nayuta's romance-y bits spread throughout the game felt nicely paced but ahaha I definitely know what you mean about waiting for Nico and having to friendzone the other people. I was like "noooo but I want to make Nayuta blush again ;A;" when I did it.

Yup! There'll be a gallery section once you finish a route. Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to replay events (...I think), but there's a gallery for the CGs and a list for the endings. Let your OCD go wilddddd I know I plan to ...or so says the person who still refuses to play the bad endings on the original HanaIchi game sobs 8'Db

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#37 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

Yup! There'll be a gallery section once you finish a route. Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to replay events (...I think), but there's a gallery for the CGs and a list for the endings. Let your OCD go wilddddd I know I plan to ...or so says the person who still refuses to play the bad endings on the original HanaIchi game sobs 8'Db

Noooooooo!! I have a feeling all the bad ends will involve the heroine dying or something ww like the very first choice "DON'T TAKE THE STAFF". That can't lead to anything good.. but my OCD is going to force me to go through them ;A; if I can do Amnesia bad ends I should be able to do this one!

Oh okay :D I thought it was a bit odd when I started up the game but couldn't see a gallery section haha. I'll try to see if I can replay events but at least they give you lots of save slots so that you can save before romance parts >w<!

Edit: Yeah, it seems like there is no scene selection. AND SO MANY THINGS TO COMPLETE!! MY OCD IS GOING WILD Orz. I've already played this game for 31 hours, haha, and just now managed to do Nate's best ending. I was so excited for him at the beginning but now I have to admit that he's not.. that great Orz.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 My NeoRomance