MNR 2010 Competition Results!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:20 AM

Thank you everyone for waiting! I'm sorry for having to postpone the deadline, but in this way we had time to read all entries and cast our votes!

And now for the winners.
(To visit their entries, please click here.)

First of all, I'd like to remember Savvy for winning the mascot prize! From now MNR-TAN will officially overlook our main site, so go give him a look!

Next, we'd like to mention R4ndom for entering for the forum skin! Unfortunately, we couldn't install her entry, but we still want to thank her for her efforts!

And now the winner (member voting) for the Text - Script category
Spoiler

There were a total of 6 votes, but only 4 were legitimate. 2 votes were voided due to the lack of comment.

For Staff's Choice
Spoiler

Here are the comments from part of the staff on the entries.
From litewolf
Spoiler

From Nyororo
Spoiler

From Moe
Spoiler

Please send your address for the prize to the following people:
Entry 4: litewolf
Entries 3 and 1: Nyororo*
Entry 2: akuram
Mascot: kaho
Forum skin: Nyororo

*Since we have a tie and we only have one prize, the SRX cards will be shuffled and randomly assigned. We apologize for the inconvenience 8D;;

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#2 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

A great big thank you to the MNR staff who have worked so hard in organising the competition! I'm sure that there has been so much planning and thought that has gone into this, as can be seen by the rational and detailed entry and voting guidelines. I really appreciate your lengthy feedback/responses to the entries, they help to shed light on where I (and others) can improve. ;)

While the number of entries and the participation has gone down, I hope there's still chance for a competition next year!
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#3 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Congratulations to chemistry and sukunahikona for winning the second prize!
And congratulations to Yumeshojo for winning the first prize!

You've all put a lot of effort into writing your script, so I hope you'll be able to finish the story (post it hereeee) and maybe even turn it into an awesome game^_^

I don't think I've congratulated you before (sorry >_<) but:
Congratulations to R4ndom!

Hopefully we'll get to see your skin one day.

Spoiler

~*Once again thank you for making this possible!*~
Sorry for short/slow responses...

RSI sucks lol:p

my stupid blog XD

#4 Yumeshojo

Yumeshojo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Location:The donut shop that fills the vacant space in my skull where the brain used to live before it became involved in the mafia
  • Who I fangirl over:Kanazawa, Yorihisa, Akram, Liz, Tomomori, Clavis, Nyx, Nasetya, Karigane

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

Ahahaha, it seems my decision to go with the popular vampire backfired on me lol. I'v been writing this story for a while now, and Ys is the favorite (or so I'm told) along with Zack. So it was between the two of them, and I went with Ys because the media hype, figuring it'd catch interest heh heh. But oh well, so I didn't get Staff Choice - I won the vote! Thank you! When I finish the script, I am going to make it into an otome game with Renpy, so I hope everyone will give it a try (whenever that actually happens...still got a while to go).

Honestly, I love this contest! I look forward to it every year (it says annual, ANNUAL!), but I guess I'm a bit biased because I enter. I hope it continues :)

Oh, and if any of the other entrants are interested in making their ideas a reality, I'm still learning to use Renpy (ABABO is a lot better at it than me, though heh heh) but really love it, so I'd be more than willing to help code their script and hunt for backgrounds and even try to draw characters! ...in case anyone is interested, that is ^_^
Posted Image

#5 r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Seiyuu, mysteries, everything unusual, anything weird and whatever interests me :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many...

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

@ebi0brain: Tyvm XD

Posted Image
「心臓が止まって, 脳の働きが止まる.
死ぬって, ただそれだけの事だろ.」 アキラ

Please take a look if you have time >///<
http://seihinata.deviantart.com/

#6 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Thank you all for your inputs~ I really hope more will come so we will be able to take all in cosideration for next year

Posted Image

#7 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

Oh, poor MNR-tan is looking a little cramped in that box there... I think he needs a tiny version!

Posted Image

I had a ton of fun with this contest, but I won by default! I feel bad that people didn't get a choice. :P

I hope the contest still happens next year, even though there were less people this year. I think it might have been a "too much freedom" issue... When I was in art college, when a teacher assigned something specific, we all had a starting point and knew where to go from there. But for our final project, she told us to do whatever we wanted. I remember how freaked out everyone was at the sudden freedom, and I wonder if last year's contest had more people because it was fanart based, so it had a more clearly defined starting point.

But anyway, thanks to everyone for all their kind comments on my submission! They make MNR-tan happy.

#8 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

Thank you so much!
I'm totally helpless with these things, the best I can do is just resize pictures XD;;

Thank you for your insight! I never thought about giving freedom under that light so it's really helpfull!

Posted Image

#9 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Oh, poor MNR-tan is looking a little cramped in that box there... I think he needs a tiny version!

Posted Image

I had a ton of fun with this contest, but I won by default! I feel bad that people didn't get a choice. :P

I hope the contest still happens next year, even though there were less people this year. I think it might have been a "too much freedom" issue... When I was in art college, when a teacher assigned something specific, we all had a starting point and knew where to go from there. But for our final project, she told us to do whatever we wanted. I remember how freaked out everyone was at the sudden freedom, and I wonder if last year's contest had more people because it was fanart based, so it had a more clearly defined starting point.

But anyway, thanks to everyone for all their kind comments on my submission! They make MNR-tan happy.

That's exactly why I suggested picking a theme or some such thing for next year's potential competition.
But... you actually managed to explain it ^_-

Yumeshojo, thank you for your offer!
That's very nice of you ^_^ (though, I don't think I'll be able to make a proper VN any time soon, as I still have much to learn! >_< )
Sorry for short/slow responses...

RSI sucks lol:p

my stupid blog XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance