IPBoard Styles©Fisana

Photo

MNR 2010 Competition Voting Round

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: MNR 2010 Competition Voting Round (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Text - Script

1. Entry #1 (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Entry #2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Entry #3 (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Entry #4 (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote

#1 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Everyone, it's finally the voting round!

We want to give a bit thank you to all the partecipants.
Because all the entries to be voted come from the Text - Script department, some things changed since the announcement.
First, we have decided to extended the voting round of 2 days to give some more time to read all entries, so the voting round will be from now until December 9 24:00 GMT+10. If for any reason you have problems to vote in the thread, please feel free to send a PM to litewolf, or NYORORO!
NEW DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 12TH 24:00 GMT+10

RULES

1. Please only vote for ONE entry. JUST ONE, not two, three or four, JUST ONE 8D.

2. Please state the reason why you are voting for it. ONLY THE VOTES WITH COMMENTS WILL COUNT. MNR Mascot is default winner, but it would be great if you could also leave a comment.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your opinion, you may send a PM to either litewolf, or NYORORO and we will post your comments anonymously here. Your comments are greatly appreciated by the entry submitter! They want to know how you feel about their entry too! (And if you'd like to, you are also free to leave comments to the staff although they cannot be voted or anything.)

3. You may vote for yourself, and in the case that you do, you do not need to submit a reason for it. HOWEVER, if you don't, we'll all know that you voted for yourself XD. (This doesn't matter whether you submit your reason through this thread or PM. So please, at least try to make up something lol.)

4. Only members who joined before December 1st 2010 are allowed to vote in this competition. This is because we want to avoid dishonest voting from people who signed up for puppet accounts. If you happened to have a few accounts here, please do not abuse them. And we apologize for any inconveniences to those who joined after December 1st.

5. We have an entry for the forum skin, however there are some technical stuff to be fixed so we are still unable to show it.

PRIZES

Due to how the entries concentred, we decided to change the number of winners (and as result the prizes).
So, for the Text - Script category, we will have TWO winners.

First place will get the following
Spoiler

Second place will get the following
Spoiler

Staff choice winner will get the PSP game Your Memories Off Girl's Style (unfortunately, the staff member having this is busy so no picture yet).LOL ADDED
Spoiler

A NOTE TO STAFF:
PLEASE DO NOT VOTE HERE, WE'LL GET OUR OWN VOTING THREAD

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#2 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

Entry #1

Main Title : Shadow of Flower
Chapter Title: Under the Silver Moon (Jade’s route, about chapter 3)
Synopsis (General) :
Spoiler

General Introduction:
Spoiler

Character:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#3 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

Entry #2

1. Information about characters, settings etc.

2. The actual scene, my true entry.

3. Shortened idea for an epilogue/follow up

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

Entry #3

La Forêt
Spoiler

Background Information:
Spoiler

Author’s comments:
Spoiler

Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Posted Image

#5 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Entry #4

The Plot
Spoiler

The Guys
Spoiler

Ys Route -
Spoiler

Posted Image

#6 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TO SAVVY FOR WINNING THE MNR MASCOT CONTEST!

Here is her absolutely cute design
MNR-TAN
Spoiler

Your prize will be Hakuouki clear bookmarks. Unfortunately, Kaho (the one having them) is particularly busy in these days so no pictures of them yet XD;;
Please send her a PM with your address to send the prize. Please note that she might not reply until next week since she said being really busy in the next days.

Posted Image

#7 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

Staff Entry

Moe decided to join the fun and drew a very cute mascot
Spoiler

I'd like to remind it cannot be voted but please leave comments if you have them!

Posted Image

#8 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

I ended up not voting for myself, as of course if I’d let myself, I’d vote for myself as I’m biased lol. Which feels a little silly.
I have faith that the best writer will win, regardless of whether they’d get an extra vote or not ^_^

I'm really biting my tongue (fingers??), trying not to defend my writing right now though. When the contest is over I'll explain why I chose to write my story the way I did.

And the voting begins... :mrgreen:
Spoiler

Spoiler

To the graphic designers/illustrators:

If the staff entry had been an actual entry, I would’ve had to toss a coin XD

Savvy, I think your mascot is adorable! He has a kind of cheeky look to his eyes haha.
I really like the lace design you’ve thought up and it goes well with his sceptor/wand/walking stick (I can’t find the right word)! I think it’s especially well done in such short time.

Congratulations on winning with your design!!

Moe, soooooooo cute! That cat, I want to give it a pat on the head! I think the colours you picked go really well with eachother. Not to mention all the miniature cats!!

Eventhough the art part is about the design, I wish both of you could have written a little background as to why you chose to make your mascot the way you did.

To the MNR staff:

I want to thank you for taking the time to organize this contest!
It has been really fun reading (and looking at) all of the entries and seeing what people have come up with.
And it has been really fun trying to challenge myself to write.
Next year (will there be a next year? I really hope so), I’d love to enter again!
If there is a next year, maybe it would be nice to come up with a theme or something ( e.g. a sentence you build from, an object that has to appear in the story, a certain wacky genre etc.).

On a completely unrelated note:
I just discovered that that “Your Memories Off” game has two of my favourite things!
Boys in bands AND Yoshino Hiroyuki’s voice lol.
*physically restrains self from rushing to Play-Asia and doing damage to the wallet*

Sorry for short/slow responses...

RSI sucks lol:p

my stupid blog XD

#9 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

I might as well stop stalling and vote now.
It was very hard to choose but there were some things that I liked more in one entry than another...

Spoiler

Hahaha...MNR-TAN is really adorable. I have to admit...I was expecting a girl mascot but a boy is fine too. LOL

I also like the staff mascot LOL - I am a cat fan too. LOL

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#10 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hi guys, sorry for not jumping into this earlier, I should've clarify more but I was busy the last several days 8D;; Therefore, it's a mistake made on my end and I apologize for screening the replies that you guys have made thus far.

So in sum, please do not identify your entry whether you are voting for yourself or others, we would like to prevent bias voting by not identifying the author and the work during the voting round. We are glad to see everyone's feedbacks and inputs for the votes you guys have casted, so please keep them coming!

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#11 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:17 AM

*posting for a member*

It has a very interesting plot, I like the premise - it's very magical and much like an otome game!

However, it was a bit hard to follow the story, since the tenses are mixed up and it switches back and forth between
thoughts & narration at parts, and the interjecting brackets interrupt the flow of the story. I also don't really understand why some things happen in the story (e.g. in the 2nd part, why did Lily sneak out? Having no explanation for it makes it difficult to understand how the story flows.)

I found this to be a well thought out story, but science fiction's not a favourite of mine (it's just a personal preference). The information given about the characters is also very detailed and helpful! The last scene is really sweet, but I don't get what last sentence implies?

#3 - Comments from author
I agree with and accept the criticism that the story needs more dialogue. I was planning to set it out fully, but somehow things reverted to a brief outline while I wrote the story. The opening scene was intended to set the stage for following scenes with more interaction, which was why I didn't feel the need at the time to elaborate on what they discussed in the exhibition center. However, given that there were no further scenes written in the entry (all in my head XD), I can understand how the given entry might have felt lacking to some.

Additionally, the ridiculous amount of detail given to the surroundings was intended to give the reader a complete and vivid picture of the setting. I love to read books or passages full of such detail, which was why I wrote it in such a way, but again I can understand how it may be distracting to others.

In contrast, the lack of detail given to the features of the heroine and the main character was intended to taunt the imagination of readers, and is an allusion to the Tokimeki Girl's Side series, whereby the opening scene has a shadow cast on the face of the main character(s), so that their identity is not fully revealed until the end.

Thank you all for the feedback!

The story has an intricate plot, and I like the given character details, they are very similar to what the otome game companies release on their websites, and are relevant to gameplay! They're also very detailed. The addition of options to the story is quite interesting, although I would have loved to see what would happen if the other option was chosen (route failure? D8) Like what others have said, I'm a bit confused by all the switching tenses. I also found the mass of dialogue tedious, although it does provide insight into what kind of personality the characters have.

Savvy
I love the controller-patterned lace on the top hat, and the controller baton/stick! The character has a very Yunoki (La Corda) feel, and the colours coordinate very well.

Moe
Cute katz face and cat accessory-friends! I really love the blush colours on his/her/it's cheeks. Katz are lovely~

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

*posting for a member*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:28 AM

Hello everyone!
Because the staff is very busy in this period, not everyone had the time to read all the entries. As such, we decided to extend the voting until Sunday 12th. This should be the last and final day!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 My NeoRomance