#21 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:31 AM

What's kind of embarassing about making so many save files for me when branching off is that I tend to forget why I saved that one particular file and when I run out of spaces, I freak out because I'm afraid of erasing something important. xD

#22 lilinnocence

lilinnocence

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, games, reading, writing, RPing etc.
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many. Way too many.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

LOL. Lately I've just become one of those gamers who play as much as she can in one go and then forget or can't be bothered to go back unless I'm in the mood or bored. I have to play between different games and usually won't try and finish a game (ie. go through every route) unless it interests me. Of course there's a feeling of accomplishment upon completing a game, but I tend to uninstall games to keep space on my PC and most of the time I forget to keep my save files. ^^;

#23 misskambing

misskambing

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Himuro Reiichi (and Suzuka Kazuma, if allowed to have two)

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

I easily get bored of different routes in visual novels. What I do is that I finish the whole game first, running through one route. I usually do the one I think I'll like the most first, but sometimes I go by the default first route of the game (I can't do anything about it if it's the default, right?) or just pick a route randomly using my cover-your-eyes-and-randomly-point-something-on-the-monitor or the eenie-meenie-miney-mo method. After I finish that one route, I take a break from that game for MONTHS and play something else instead. I'll then finish the other routes off whenever I finally had the interest. If I find it boring in the first run, though, I uninstall it and completely forget about that experience. That's how bad I am at visual novels. This rule doesn't apply to really interesting VNs, though.

If it's a dating sim, then my habit changes. I play it over and over again without any breaks until I get all of the endings that I want. I don't usually get all of the endings, except if I liked everything. Again, if I find it boring, there's always the uninstall/delete button.

Thanks to whoever made this image. Got it at AnimeWallpapers~

Posted Image

Life is suffering, caused by desire.
To end suffering, we must end desire.

Facebook|LJ

#24 Detective Kokoro

Detective Kokoro

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:anime, art, fanart, fiction, fanfiction, manga, video games, human rights, poetry, food, music, bachelors, and indie or experimental stuff
  • Who I fangirl over:At the moment, Masanosuke from the House of Five Leaves and Suzuya from Starry Sky

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:45 AM

My habits kind of vary actually, due to circumstances I have to face. Most of the time I often play multiple games at once because they are both on a laptop and computer that are not mine. So I don't get to play them, or even finish them until I begin to neglect schoolwork in favor of collecting CG. I try to stick to two to three games at most. Most of the time I don't bother to read or listen to the text since I did my research on the game, and end up skipping most of it. I guess that's kind of bad, but I do appreciate the game, not to the maximum potential though due to the language barrier and time required to actually fully enjoy it. I do however get the big picture, which is fine with me. It's also kind of more fun trying to imagine what is really going on, and then compare it to the truth, sometimes it's shocking! However, I do have to agree that I am terrible at finishing at games, but I always go back to them. I never really give up on them, just forever put on hiatus until I finish a couple more that are currently being played. I guess you could say that my style is to aim for almost to completely completion (90% or more) unless interruptions occur.

And of course this is a bit off topic, but (I am trying to get through every route in gakupuri, and it's taking forever haha)
□ ■ my personal work □ ■ □ ■

my otome gaming blog (bamboo switchblade)
☆ my update blog (ecru irk rue)
★ my website (love translation machine)

□ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■

#25 D3stinyx

D3stinyx

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many; but my favourite from TMGS should be Hariya Kounoshin.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hmm... Most of the times I'd only play ONE otome game at one time (I like to indulge myself in its setting) and only go for ONE guy. I have a bad habit of leaving my seat every time I have NO idea what to choose to proceed; some of the games make it such that it's really hard to guess which one it is since almost all of them might split and lead to the bad end... The fact that my Japanese isn't that good makes it harder for me.

When I finish one guy's route, I wouldn't go for his second ending directly. It would bore me out to see the same conversations. I would most likely play a second guy's route. If I like that guy a lot and am really interested in all of his different endings, I would consider playing it through, but that is not without research or recommendations from other friends. I mean I don't want to waste all my time and end up realizing all his other routes were more or less bad ends. I'd cry. ;____;

Posted Image

どれだけ 歩いてきたんだろう?
振り向いたら涙の跡

傷つけ 傷つき 辿りついた場所
今ここに君がいる

#26 reira

reira

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Takuma + トシちゃん~! (^ヮ^)

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

It depends on the game. If it's not too long, then I'll sometimes continue spam playing it, just for the sake of finishing it.
But that isn't really the case for a lot of visual novels - so I end up taking breaks between completing one route from a SUPER LONG or just REALLY AWESOME game and play something else.
Console jumping is always an alternative for me too (^▽^)

#27 topari

topari

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Creepy pasta.
  • Who I fangirl over:too many minor characters to keep track of

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

If I tried to play two routes at one time (as in, two different save files) it'd get way to complicated for me. One route at a time and it doesn't take that long if you have a walkthrough. I like console otome games more than PC otome games because my computers always heat up when I play 1-1.5 GB games on them (even on new ones! o.o). Look at it this way: you only really have to pay attention during the first route for most games, then you can skip the heck out of the story in the other ones. If there are minigames, you probably have to pay more attention, like in UtaPri.

If you have a walkthrough, you should be able to do one to four routes a day, if you're on Auto and the highest text speed. Then there are games like Your Memories off -girl's style- PSP, Nise no Chigiri and Da Capo Girl's Symphony PSP (I think?) that let you skip from the very beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance