#61 Alto

Alto

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahoko Hino

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

i think the main reason why they picked hakuouki over hiiro no kakera is because the anime for hiiro no kakera hasn't been released yet Posted Image

what i'm curious about though is whether they'll keep the jap voices or not.

#62 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

Probably, the anime could be the reason.

Reminds me, anyone knows if there will be live blogging for JAST panel? They also have 'news that will make female players happy', and with that comment it's only to see if Starry Sky is confirmed.

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#63 Roses4Aria

Roses4Aria

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, video gaming--especially otome games!--anime, and Japanese culture.
  • Who I fangirl over:Harada, Saint Germain, and Mahiro

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hmm. I haven't heard anything at all about the JAST panel. News that will make female players happy? Wow! If it's Starry Sky, I will think I've officially died and gone to heaven.

#64 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Peter from JAST/JLIST commented on siliconera (one of the aksys interviews) that they are considering Starry Sky. Also from their pre-ax announcement (the page is NSFW go to their site to see)

We’ll have complete information on our new license acquisitions at our panel at Anime Expo this weekend, Saturday July 2nd at 11:00pm, room LP3 of the Los Angeles Convention Center, including a project in the works that we think female fans will be particularly excited about

So I think it's only a matter of seeing if it will receive a proper announcement/confirmation.
It will be very late my time, so I'd avoid wait for nothing if no one will make a live report :/

EDIT: Japanese voices confirmed for Hakuoki
EDIT2: And Yo-Jin-Bo is already forgotten as the real first ==

Posted Image

#65 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hinoe, Benkei, Tomomori, Yunoki Azuma, Yasuaki, Francis

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

I should feel bad but I'm waaaaaay more excited about fate/extra than I am about hakuouki since omg I can date archer and red!saber and caster. even if I'm glad that hakuouki is licensed too ahhh *w*

also i really really hope that what jast will be licensing would be Under the Moon but I'm not hoping too much haha 8'(

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#66 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:XD

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Very surprised they are localizing an IF game (because of that IF interview), but not surprised they'd pick Hakuouki....I mean they might as well pick a popular series? I was tired of seeing Hakuouki everywhere already, but since the game is being released next year I may pick it up. If this game does well, they may localize more otome games (Hiiro is getting an anime soon *cough*), so I'm happy about the news! It's good to know Aksys listens to what their fans want, if they don't keep the voices I'd much rather import the game.
Please click me! :3

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#67 tegami

tegami

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the guys of Kuranoa/Cry No More

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

It's not all a surprised that it's Hakuouki (anime + tons of merchandising). I was hoping for something from konami or maybe takuyo (b/c they have more than just straight visual novel) but I'm still going to get it just to support otome games in the US. I've been waiting forever for fate/extra as well, so yay!

#68 ~Yukiruchan~

~Yukiruchan~

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, RPGs, otome games, Japan, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:Kaido Takato♥; Bishop, Rook (CZ's government side), Namikawa Daisuke XD , OKITA SOUJI♥♥♥, Onizaki Takuma

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:41 AM

YATTA! \^o^/ Japanese voices confirmed is exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm looking forward to making my friends play it XDD

Posted Image
~夢の雫*~ Twitter

#69 Yuuki~

Yuuki~

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara <3, Tsukimori Does this have to be Neo Romance? ._.

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

Yaaaaay!!!! One of my guesses were right! Thank gosh it's for the PSP, never picked up on the Japanese version before coz of lack of gameplay and hardass kanji so I'll be sure to buy this so more get translated. Lol I never expected Fate/Extra too. Well judging from their BlazBlue series and 999 translation, I'm pretty sure Aksys will do a good localization of it.

#70 Tifa

Tifa

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yotsuba

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

This is going to be the biggest western otome release yet! I'm so relieved it's done by a company known for quality localizations. Although I'd buy it regardless, just to show some support for more western releases.

#71 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

Jast panel live blogging for those interested

EDIT: even if the blogger called it yaoi, starry sky confirmed "to be looked into licensing"

Posted Image

#72 Roses4Aria

Roses4Aria

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, video gaming--especially otome games!--anime, and Japanese culture.
  • Who I fangirl over:Harada, Saint Germain, and Mahiro

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

So they haven't actually licensed it yet? Lol, is it usual to announce that they are "looking into" licensing something?

A commenter over at Siliconera made it sound like they were considering the whole series and not just the first game. That would be great if it's true.

#73 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

I'm sure they are considering all 4 main games, on the fandisk I don't know, it might be a different license.

And it's not uncommon for JAST to do that from what I gather from google, though they usally translate into a real license 99% of the times as long as big problems don't come out. Maybe something is holding them from signing the contract with HB yet? they might be out to contact the fantranslators of the first game and couldn't yet?

Posted Image

#74 Tifa

Tifa

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yotsuba

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Aksys has a new survey, this time about what people want to have in the Hakuouki Limited Edition. Fill it in here: http://www.aksysgame...d=56624&lang=en

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance