• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:57 AM

Ooo, I know which one you're talking about, tegami. I saw an article on it the other day about SE's otome marketing, right here:
http://www.siliconer...mate-kiss-line/

#22 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

@tegami - they are?! Where did you find that news? Well, I can't be that surprised since their art is pretty ^^;

Too bad they went budget cut for the otome line :/ And well, japanese mobile only so weeeeeeeh

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#23 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Great...so Ultimate Kiss and Soar! Maihane Senior High Theater Department are only cellphone games...
That is such a let down (maybe it's because they know can attract the girls with their Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts franchises? And some other games?)

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#24 Harroe

Harroe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, all HnK/CnK cast, Jade Curtiss, and Duke(Tales of Vesperia).

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:14 AM

I added my input on both surveys, and spread the link to other sites for more input.

Although nothing is set in stone and the chances still seem slim, I don't want to give up. If an otome game is released, I will force all my friends to play it! Or maybe just nag a lot.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

My livejournal: Ticking Clocks and Patting Rain
I put my scans, art, and other stuff here.

#25 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Diana Caprice

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

In case you weren't already aware, Aksys' old survey has been replaced by a new one at http://www.aksysgame...u-love-surveys/ This time, questions include...

* What platform you prefer
* How much are you willing to pay
* Limited edition extras, or not?
* Whether or not to include dubbed dialogue
* What you'd like to say to the Aksys staff

I said in the survey that I'm especially interested in platforms which support paid downloads. I figure that way, Aksys could reduce the costs of publishing boxed copies.

Also, I stated that while I like visual novels, I also enjoy complex games, and I like a variety of pairings and points of view. So I mentioned several gameplay-centered titles which A) aren't from huge publishers like Konami, B) have at least one version for all ages, and C) have been published in the last few years.

And as I probably said before, Aksys Games has its own forum. If you're willing to post there, then feel free to.

#26 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

I missed the first one but answered the second.
I wonder if something will come of it this time... downloadables would be a great alternative if they think they won't sell enough otherwise. I still have a dream of these things showing up on PSN, heh.

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#27 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

It's been several months since the surveys ended, and there hasn't been much news. If you're still interested in Aksys publishing some sort of otome game or visual novel in English, then it might not be a bad idea to politely contact the company, or politely post on their forums.

At the moment, I'm not sure what system or format would benefit the company. It looks like the PS2 is long gone, the lifespan of the DS is pretty much over, and the PSP is fading fast. That leaves the PS3 version of Hakuouki, and a few current platforms that I don't think Aksys has used (Windows, Apple iOS)...

Edited by caddyalan, 17 February 2011 - 11:11 AM.

#28 tegami

tegami

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the guys of Kuranoa/Cry No More

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

http://www.siliconer...me-game-survey/

So they will probably give a definite answer at the Anime Expo this year. If it is a "No" they probably would have just said so. Perhaps this is a subtle "Yes"?

#29 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hinoe, Benkei, Tomomori, Yunoki Azuma, Yasuaki, Francis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

haha after reading the idea factory interview, I'm not hoping too much because I know I'll probably end up disappoint. But if I'm wrong then all's well! I just hope that whatever game they choose to localize, if there is one, will be a good one and not one of Otomate's more boring games.

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#30 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

I also noticed the article. There's currently less than two weeks left until AX 2011...

Still not sure if Aksys and other related companies believe they can make money from otome games. It's true that Celso Riva from the Winter Wolves group has stated that their group had success selling GxB games. But I suspect that selling directly to fans through paid PC/Mac/Linux downloads is rather different from selling console games or iOS games. It's difficult to target a small audience if your company has to distribute physical copies of games.

So if you have any thoughts on what relatively recent otome games Aksys could sell, and what format or service they could use, then be sure to talk to them about it. If the Aksys staff has reason to believe that fans are interested, then they will be more likely to publish something in English.

#31 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

I cast my votes on a 'not yet'. COME ON PROVE ME WRONG NOW LOL

@caddyalan: Some time ago (maybe it changed in the meanwhile), Celso Riva also said that the only game that broke 1k sales was Planet Stronghold. I really doubt game companies will look at anything under 20k (that is Otomate average sales excluding the big hits, so I'll use that as reference).

Posted Image

#32 indigozeal

indigozeal

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:My heart is too cold and dead for that.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

Significant sidebar to that Siliconera article: in the comments, the head of J-List says that he's been considering porting Starry Sky. He seems a bit shaky on platform info, though, so take this as you will.

#33 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

I got so unproportionately excited at the "Check out our AnimeExpo panel" reply. Such cagey answers from game companies frequently mean "yes, but our investors demand that we reveal that information at a specific time." If they announce that they're localizing Hiiro no Kakera or Hakuoki (which bringing over along with the anime would be a genius strategy) I will PARTY DOWN. AnimeExpo can't come soon enough, even if it's just to be let down and get rid of the anticipation.

Also good to hear J-List is considering otome games as well, especially since they still hold the rights to Yo-Jin-Bo and acknowledge that it does well for them. I'm wondering if the recent fan translation has anything to do with their consideration of Starry Sky.

Also, if we have two companies officially importing otome games at once, I will consider that a revolution lol.

#34 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

I'm wondering if the recent fan translation has anything to do with their consideration of Starry Sky.

almost certainly, they've been doing a rush of picking up fan-translated titles lately... guess it saves them money!

#35 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Big two part interview with Aksys going on at SiliconEra, and Aksys is just flat out trolling now. For several questions, when they were asked about specific publishers or games, they specifically said "We don't have any plans at the moment for that." When asked about otome games or Marvelous, they brought up the AnimeExpo panel.

Then in the comments when someone mentioned otome games, one of the Aksys team just replied with "OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO" and a picture of Jesse from Pokemon laughing.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this stuff confirmed and unleash the restraints on my unbearable excitement. If anybody here is going to be at AnimeExpo, you guys have got to go to that panel!

#36 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

I'd hope that better mean a yes or a maybe. It seems pretty messed up otherwise for them to laugh and joke around about it so much.

#37 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

Part two of the roundtable interview (at http://www.siliconer...ls-and-e3-picks ) includes the following quote: "There’s going to be some marvelous otome stuff [at Anime Expo 2011]."

Just afterwards in the interview, the staff talk about their interest in two horror/non-romance VNs, and how difficult they'd be to localize.

#38 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:25 AM

So are they implying they're bringing over an otome game from Marvelous Interactive? Not Idea Factory?

I... don't know of any otome games from Marvelous.

#39 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

I know one from Marvelous Entertainment which if not mistaken is the same company as Interactive? And well... there's Hanayoi Romanesque from them, but reviews were... err let's say not so good. Orange Honey was nice, nothing big but a nice play.

Posted Image

#40 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

I know one from Marvelous Entertainment which if not mistaken is the same company as Interactive? And well... there's Hanayoi Romanesque from them, but reviews were... err let's say not so good. Orange Honey was nice, nothing big but a nice play.

Hmm. Well, when when a commenter at Siliconera mentioned that Hanayoi Romanesque apparently sucked, two Aksys employees just did that creepy laugh thing again. I swear they're getting waaaaay too much fun out of teasing the fangirls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance