Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

Whoa. I haven't been here for so long, everything looks new to me D:

To the small minority that may or may not remember me, お久しぶりです >_<

Anyway I totally thought of the forum when I saw this drama, so I wanted to know what everyone thought of this one : 日本人の知らない日本語, which basically means 'The Japanese that the Japanese People Don't Know'.

The plot is about Haruko, a 23-year old fashionable young teacher, who wants to be a high school teacher. Her old teacher promises to look into a place for her into becoming a high school teacher, if she teaches at this school where people from all over the world (Russia, Italy, China, America, England) to learn Japanese. They aren't your average people, however, who begin to learn Japanese. All of them asks difficult questions ranging from polite speech to what the exact name is for items to the history of Japanese mafia to why Chinese kanji and Japanese kanji differ so much, so Haruko has her hands full. Each episode is 30 minutes focusing on a different student with their different backgrounds.

Posted Image

To be honest some of the acting is kinda . . . there's no easy way to say this  . . . bad, but it's very interesting especially if you're learning Japanese. And I totally love each and every of Haruko's fashion sense throughout the show. This show makes me want to go to Japan and start shopping. :grin:

Has anyone watched this yet? What do you think ^^?

#2 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:00 AM

I watched the first episode shortly after it was aired, and I must say...

...it's uh, hilarious. But I think part of it is because of the acting. ^^; (Though some of the gaijin have pretty good Japanese.) However I do like learning little tidbits related with Japanese culture, lol. And I agree, Haruko's fashion sense is something I'm fond of in the show.

#3 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all of 'em bishies

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:22 AM

Been quite a while for me since I've visited this forum ^^ but this new topic caught my attention. It's the first I've heard of this series but it sounds so interesting so I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the intro.

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#4 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

There is an actual drama about this? xD
it sounds both interesting and annoying as hell.

it reminds me of an (old?) tv show that has a similar title (maybe even the same?). Only on the tv show they asked things to tourists and made fun of their incredibly bad Japanese. The 'shiranai nihongo' referred to Japanese so bad that you can't understand it xD

#5 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Hey chocochell~~ welcome back!

I haven't heard of this drama yet, but from what you've described, it looks really interesting! Especially so since I'm trying to improve my Japanese bit by bit, and I love the union jack tee the character's wearing. 8D
The concept reminds me of an 70s comedy series from the UK, about an English teacher and his students of various nationalities (Russian, Chinese, Indian, Japanese), called Mind Your Language. XDDD
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#6 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

I watched the first episode and screamed at the acting, just too much >_> I got the books while in Tokyo, but I guess it's really meant for Japanese more than foreigners in Japan since they completely lack furigana in the explanations TT^TT

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#7 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:17 AM

I read the book about a year ago I only have the first book though and I enjoyed it so much that I read it in one sitting XD I wonder where is it now haha
It's so hilarious and at the same time, informative too~

I've seen a couple of episodes and it's LOL well the acting-- To be honest, I didn't expect anything that much ^^;; But I lol at the storyline of some episodes I forgot which was the last ep. that I've seen though

@litewolf: Do you mean those wall of text those labeled as essays?

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#8 chocochell

chocochell

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It changes.

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:11 AM

Yes, I'm back!~ :grin: Well, for like bits and bouts if I find something interesting and I want to start a new topic LOL.

Yeah, the acting is really . . . some of the people were believable, some of them were like totally over-the-top. Especially the scenes where if Haruko didn't answer their questions because she didn't know the answers, they'd be like "ANSWER ME ANSWER ME" lol until Haruko's like "WAKATTAYO~!"

I was like, if that happened in my Japanese class, I think my teacher would throw us all out LOL.

I would like go to work dressed like Haruko, though! So fun and full of life ^^ When I'm really really free I'll post up my particular favorites. I totally think Minnie Mouse started this trend of wearing big bows on your head.

Ohhhhhhhhh, have any of you watched the episode focusing on otaku stereotypes which took them to a maid cafe? I must say, maid cafes in real life as opposed to maid cafes in fictional life (Kaichou wa Maid-sama) seems so much more awkward, for both the 'maids' as well as the customers (unless you're really really into it, I suppose).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance