• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

I've just got my hands on a nice PC with windows 7 on it and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good (yet affordable lol) Visual Novel games for the PC.

It can be Otome, but I really don't mind other genres either ( e.g. I enjoy concepts such as that from Steins Gate/Chaos Head (<-- lots of time travel/messed up pseudo sciency stuff), though those aren't fully voiced).

I've looked into Bloody Call, which seems to be fully voiced...but atm it's too expensive T_T.
The reason why it needs to be fully voiced is 'cause I'm using it next to my Japanese studies and I like to hear lots of spoken Japanese whilst reading.
And it needs to be a Visual Novel so I can put it on auto 'cause I have RSI from knitting (lol) and thus want to spend as little time using the mouse/keyboard etc.

If possible, please let me know why you enjoyed a game/ why you'd recommend it :)

edit:

I know I said fully voiced... but

if the protagonist isn't fully voiced...it's okay. As long as the rest of the cast is voiced (and has frequent screenplay) I'm happy :D

Oh and... I'm not exactly into R18+ games lol. I can stand some violence/hints of ~making love~ and things like that but not er... any graphic sex scenes/torturing methods etc (just sayin' haha).
Sorry for short/slow responses...

RSI sucks lol:p

my stupid blog XD

#2 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

The only PC games I remember not being fully voiced are the ones from Koei, and they are not even visual novels so they are out. So if you exclude those, you're fine but note that 99,9% of the times, the hero/heroine in visual novels are not voiced exception mostly on R18 *cough*. So you should look at the plot next?
But be warned, PC VN in Japan are very costly.

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#3 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

In terms of tight budget the only thing that comes to my mind is Starry Sky, I learned a lot by reading especially how are some stars are called in Japanese if you want to know more about it, just go check the thread here.
As litewolf said, the PC ones are quite costly ranging around from 6k yen to 8k yen.

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#4 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I don't really "fangirl" over anyone at the moment. Maybe that will change.

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:38 AM

thanks for replying!

And yes, after searching a bit I found out most games are expensive >_<
Ah well, maybe I'll just play less games more often haha.
Or I'll have to stick to my psp.

I've heard about starry sky before... but I didn't know there's a PC version :0
*goes to check it out*

my stupid blog XD

#5 Tuzi

Tuzi

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:reading, sketching, otome games, music of all kinds
  • Who I fangirl over:pretty much every main Quinrose character I've encountered

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

I would recommend the no Kuni no Alice games from Quinrose. There's Heart, Clover, Joker, Anniversary, and a new one called Toy Box coming out . . . either late this year or next year.

They are a bit on the expensive side, but the game play for these are relatively easy (and there are plenty of walk-throughs out there if you need help), and all the characters are full voiced save Alice herself. Plus, what's not to like about a twisted Wonderland?
*insert random sarcastic comment here* Posted Image For Blanca approves

#6 ebi0brain

ebi0brain

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:34 AM

I took a look at it and it looks interesting and definitely wacky ^_-
You can get one of the games on psp as well though (which'd be cheaper)... so I might just get it for the psp.
And if I enjoy it I can always hunt down the other games for my PC^^

I've succesfully installed the demo for Bloody Call...
I've installed or...tried to install the demo for KoiGig as well, but am having some problems with that so...I'll go over to the Koigig thread for that (hopefully someone's had the same problems...). I don't think it's been updated since 2007 though... so that might be the problem?

my stupid blog XD

#7 Tuzi

Tuzi

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:reading, sketching, otome games, music of all kinds
  • Who I fangirl over:pretty much every main Quinrose character I've encountered

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

I took a look at it and it looks interesting and definitely wacky ^_-
You can get one of the games on psp as well though (which'd be cheaper)... so I might just get it for the psp.
And if I enjoy it I can always hunt down the other games for my PC^^

I've succesfully installed the demo for Bloody Call...
I've installed or...tried to install the demo for KoiGig as well, but am having some problems with that so...I'll go over to the Koigig thread for that (hopefully someone's had the same problems...). I don't think it's been updated since 2007 though... so that might be the problem?

Oh yeah, I forgot about the PSP version! A friend of mine is playing that right now, and she says it's a lot of fun ^^
*insert random sarcastic comment here* Posted Image For Blanca approves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance