#41 tegami

tegami

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the guys of Kuranoa/Cry No More

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:24 AM

I've only gotten up to chapter 4 (I think).
I love the story. It really is more like reading a novel (well it is divided up into "chapters") and the subjects are unexpectedly deep and philosophical. I'm really interested in learning more about Sayo and the other characters. There's a lot of mystery to the characters.
Even the short stories that accompany the chapters give heartwarming back-stories.
I am disappointed in the lack of love so far, but I'm barely on chapter 4. There are cute and funny scenes that lightens things up a bit.
The chapters really engrossed me to the point where I was totally caught in the character's pace.
The music is pretty good, not awesome, but good. I do love the title music.
The extras have character stills/sprites for you to look at (like Storm Lover) which I always find nice.
As far as characters go, I haven't hated anyone so far...though I gotta admit...the brother did creep me out at first.
(I love Chiyo! He is so adorable!)
I haven't taken a look at how you can go into characters route yet so I'll have to see which direction I'm heading (playing blindly).

#42 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hijiri, Moro

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

Finally got my copy today! I just finished chapter 1 and wow, I'm impressed Takuyo. Music is pleasing, characters are charming, and the writing is good. Makes up for the disappointments I've had with some other games this year. My only pain is not being able to play this all day.;_;

Posted Image
http://spadey.wordpress.com/

#43 saris

saris

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga ,game.
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori etc.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Just finished all the guys' route and atogaki story at last, The plot and story really is beautiful and complicated to some extent, although I grasp the glimpse of how it would turn out , it still amazed me a lot. Since I'm a hardcore philosophical-related novel fan, I would say this game is one of the piece of art and characters are fleshed out pretty good, especially Sayo, impressive.

I love when you played each guys' route, you just got to know ONLY little of them. When I first played Hinase's route, I think that it didn't wrap things up enough and feels kind of rushed. But after playing Nanaki's route and all other guys' routes after, I got to realize how brilliant Hinase is and how much love he has for Sayo. Other guys also show their feelings on things more in other routes. So complete everything is the best way to fully understand the characters.

And after completed all the guys, I would say I won't complain about the lack of love anymore, it may be lack of sugar and shallow sweet words but it's full of the eternal, lasting and tear-shedding love. Touya's story is very heartbreaking and even in Ao's route, I still found myself crying for Touya a lot. Sayo is just everything for him and he is there only just for her, devoting guy is always my weakness ;; Chiyo also is adorable and cute, it's great there's his route, although it's pretty short. My favourites now are Hinase,Touya and Chiyo. Many thanks to Takuyo for making game with such an awe-spiring story ever in Otome game history.

#44 akuram

akuram

TACHIBANA'S LOVE.TRUFAX111

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:YKW

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

I just finished the game too. If you like visual novels, I would totally recommend this game because of the story, characters, music and art.
I don't think I dislike anyone in this game and I really like how human the characters are. The friendship part too , it's so touching.

As Saris mentioned, the story was made well and everything are connected. Unlike in some games, some characters are like being voided or forgotten when you entered a different route.
You can really feel the love for the heroine, regardless which route you take ;_; And yes, their love is deep. (Even her friend Kaho ;_; )

I like Touya a lot, and the reason as Saris mentioned. I really find it touching. Oh, not saying the other routes aren't but his story is the one that touched me the most.

It's really worth it to get and complete everyone's route in this game. I am really glad that I bought this game from Takuyo, since I really love the story.
I think this game is well played at your own pace XD like I did . I'm really slow at reading but I didn't rush because it give me some time to think about the story.

I just wish Takuyo would release an official OST (no, I don't want to get the special edition from animate T___T) , picture book would be really really nice!

When buying from the ff. sites through these links:
CD JAPAN | Yes Asia | Play Asia
MNR earns HP.
Posted Image
Written by NOT YOURS TRULY

#45 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Jin, Hinase Mitsuru, Ikki

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:34 AM

I'm in the middle of Chapter 2 now and I have to say that I'm liking this story more and more and more. The mysteries makes you want to continue reading just to find out what the heck is going on and I'm a big fan of the mini-stories that are placed throughout the main story xDDDD.

Is it true that there's a route for Kaho?

Not sure if this is a spoiler so I'll put it under a tag to be safe.. but
Spoiler

Posted Image

#46 akuram

akuram

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

Yes, there's one for Kaho.

to answer your question- well not really an answer buuuuuut

It's a huge spoiler. So it's better for me not to answer the question if you're still playing it considering you're on chapter 2
Also, follow Takuyo's advise to go for Hinase->Nanaki->Touya->Ao

Also you may question something from one of the arcs, it will be answered when you play that chapter again and entered the 2 keywords.

MNR earns HP.
Posted Image

#47 tam-timmy-toe

tam-timmy-toe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, you are always gonna be in my heart (itsumo) T-T (Those who are dead are not dead; just living in my head.... >:D)

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

hey do you guys have a recommended order for playing?
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

The popular order of playing seems to be what the official blog site says to do which is Hinase > Nanaki > Touya > Ao.

Posted Image

#49 Kanade

Kanade

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Harada Sanosuke, Okita Souji, Athos, Cheshire

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

I'm still playing, because it takes forever to finish! But I seriously love everything about this game. I even fall asleep listening to its BGM at night.

Someone's mentioned before, I also would LOVE to buy an OST when/if it comes out! Are there any news about that? Does Takuyo release soundtracks at all? This is my first time playing a Takuyo game.

I've gotta confess, this game's kinda difficult for me in terms of language >.< I can easily look up the words that I don't know that characters say, but I find it very difficult to read Sayo's words and narration, because kanji is way too small and blurry.... is it just me? I think I have good eyesight... But I just seriously can't read kanji quite often, I just don't see where the strokes are.

So far I still haven't gotten to the love part, but I've gotta agree how nice and thought through everything in this game is. I'ts kinda like a small universe, can't help but love it more and more with each scene. It's pretty amazing how interesting all the characters are. Even the innocently good ones like Chiyo, they're not boring at all, on the contrary, they're quite endearing. This game makes me cry quite a lot, lol. I even cried over the story about that bird.

And I also very much appreciate the fact that they used the not-super-popular seiyuu for this game. Aka, you don't go "OH, It's Ono Daisuke!" when you hear character's voice, but it's quite refreshing to hear some new voices tones (I'm not saying that the seiyuu that voiced this are not popular, don't get me wrong). But actually I was able to recognize only two of them at first: Suzuki Tatsuhisa (his "oujo" sounds adorable, just like it did in Hoshi wa Utau drama cd) and Chiba Susumu. I'd never think it was Canna that voiced Ao! And I love Tooya's voice.

Actually this game is a PEFECT bedtime story/play, but I'm dying to know what's gonna happen next, so I play it during the day too (otherwise it'd take forever for me to finish this).

Very happy I got this. I hope it becomes popular enough to get new drama cds and an OST and other merchandise really, I'd love to buy something with StS.

#50 akuram

akuram

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

If anyone's curious why get Hinase first, it's because his story comes out first. So I really recommend to follow Takuyo's advise. You will see it on the chapter list.

I don't think Takuyo has released an official OST before T_T I really love their theme songs from their previous games. But I HOPE this time they will make a change. Oh, Takuyo will participate for Animate's Girls' Festival, on the blog they said they will release some goods. Picture books please and OST

IMHO, the language for this game is easy compared to Haruka, Hakuouki etc since I know nothing about history of Japan It's pretty much conversational Japanese, the ones that you easily encounter when watching and reading manga. I didn't have trouble reading too, the font they used is clear for me. Also, they have Kotonoha, which defines the keywords relevant to the game. I was pretty amused by it.

If you cried at Kago no Tori story, you will surely cry more about the other stories. Touya's route is so setsunai until now it makes me feel so sad. Oh, it's not all stories are sad, it's just some are touching.

But I have to agree this game is pretty long. Like after you entered someone's route, their story is so long but still it's really good. (Or maybe I'm a slow reader haha)
I also like Touya's seiyuu ~ It's Kawashima Tokuyoshi btw. I'm bad at reading names too

I was regretting that I didn't read Shinigami to Shoujo "book" while playing the game , so I would have understood better about some things in the story. So I wondered why this and that, and it only came clear when I read it. No wonder there's an option there to read Shinigami to Shoujo on the game menu LOL.

MNR earns HP.
Posted Image

#51 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

@Kanade: Actually, I found the language a bit difficult at times too. Most of it is conversational Japanese like what Akuram said, but there are some parts that are just huge blocks of never-ending kanji (I've encountered that maybe.. two to four times now?) and I just give up at translating any of it when I see it, haha. Helpfully, most of the characters usually repeat a word that Sayo said and then you can try sounding it out and writing it in hiragana ^^. Unfortunately, there's no help for the long monologues Orz.

GAH. THAT BIRD STORY. I'm a total sucker for tragic stories like that and so when I started the game up and got smacked with that story right at the beginning I was completely hooked. I love reading all the stories that show up in the game, especially the Shinigami to Shoujo book that updates every chapter. It's a little hard to understand though, because it's just pages and pages of silent reading Orz.

I'm completely with you on the non-mainstream seiyuus. I don't mind Ono Daisuke (he's one of my favourites ^^;;) but I definitely appreciated hearing new voices in this game. It helps define the character more, imo, because I don't have a stereotype or image attached to them. Unfortunately, whenever I hear OnoD I start thinking about butlers or Suzuya Orz. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~ DON'T GET ME STARTED ON SUZUKI TATSUHISA (≧∀≦)!! I will never be able to separate his voice from the thought of Hinase. His voice was partly what made me infatuated with the character (all those times he addresses you with that cute "ojou" makes me giggle helplessly) and now.. UGH.. I'M SO IN LOVE WITH HIM >///<! His voice is just pure love <3.

I think it's a sign of the game's good writing and the work of the seiyuus that I don't hate any of the characters. I found Kaho's voice kind of annoyingly high-pitched at first, but now I think she's adorable. She's like the best friend a girl could ever have~. Natsume's and Chiyo's voices were pretty blasé for me as well, but after learning more about their characters and interacting with them a bit more I've completely accepted them.

@Akuram: I'm kind of glad that the story is so long 8D! It would probably suck if you just wanted to complete the game and didn't care about the characters or the story, but in my case I wish it would never end. I JUST entered Hinase's route (TT_TT SO SAD IT'S ENDING SOON) and surprisingly I still haven't even gotten to the first choice in his route yet. It's becoming so long that I'm kind of surprised and really happy of course! Unless they're just going to throw 5 choices at me one after the other =_=.

This game is definitely going up as one of my top-ranking games. It's so well-written and the characters are all really mature and rational. There's little to none of the cliché things you can find in other otome games (love confession from random senior > rejection > rapist-mode entered... e_e I'm looking at you Starry Sky) and everyone has good reasons for anything that they do. Anyway, this is getting pretty long so I should probably end it soon but OMGGGGG. Hinase is my ideal man Orz. When he uses his ijiwaru voice I just die. The other guys are going to have their work cut out for them to surpass the standards that Hinase has set |D.

Posted Image

#52 akuram

akuram

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hmm if you haven't gotten to his first choice yet and you met his grandma already then it's a sign that you really didn't entered his route. So most likely the story will go on.
But of all the endings, I think I prefer that ending because you can really feel Hinase's love towards Sayo, even if you go to other routes like Ao. It's so touching ;_;
What I also like about this game is that the ending part, the heroine has voice again.

I'm glad people came to love Tatsu XD He's really a good seiyuu and his singing voice is love too *_______*

Hmm if you like maybe I can summarize each chapter for Shinigami to Shoujo story since I'm currently reading it

MNR earns HP.
Posted Image

#53 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

I haven't met his grandmother yet, but I think I'm about too. I had to still go through the lunch scenes at school (which by the way were HILARIOUS and Hinase was so sexy). I'm afraid I'll feel depressed in other people's routes, because I would constantly be aware of the fact that I'm not going to end with him TT_TT. At the same time though I'm definitely curious about all the other characters xDDD;;.

That'd be awesome if you could summarize the Shinigami to Shoujo story <3! But maybe you could do it so that every spoiler bar only featured one chapter? I don't want to spoil myself by reading the whole book before I get to the end of Ao's route xDD. Right now I can only access 4 of the Shinigami to Shoujo stories/pages (since I'm in Chapter 4).

Posted Image

#54 Spadey

Spadey

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hijiri, Moro

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

Finally finished the whole thing! I had a few issues with some of the later chapters, but overall I really enjoyed Shinigami to Shoujo. Definitely one of my favorite otome games.<3 Favorite characters would have be Nanaki, Kaho, and Touya. Side characters shined too and everyone played a role toward the finale in some way. First game I've full completed in awhile so that says something!

Spoiler

Posted Image
http://spadey.wordpress.com/

#55 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

How the heck do you people finish these games so fast? Orz If you guys are slow readers I hate to think about what kind of reader I am. An INFINITELY slow reader? xDDDDDDDD

I just finished Hinase's route today, including all the endings. What the heck was up with 終2 anyway? That shouldn't even count as an ending -_-;. But HOLY CRAP. I was taken by surprise for the whole thing and didn't even believe it until everything was revealed for certain Orz. I don't even know how I should feel about it.

Spoiler

Now on to Nanaki next~ ^^. Maybe I'll be able to beat this game before the next year, hahaha.

Posted Image

#56 akuram

akuram

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

I was able to finish it because there's no school 8D

Yes, Hinase's was a surprise for me too.
Spoiler

As for Spadey's question regarding Sayo
Spoiler

Edited by akuram, 19 August 2011 - 07:34 PM.
edited spoilers LOL

MNR earns HP.
Posted Image

#57 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Actually, that's what I was also sort of wondering about for Hinase's appearances in other people's routes.

Spoiler

I have another question about the game mechanics. When you start a new game, not only can you jump to chapters, but you can also select.. words of some sort? Does anyone know what the heck that is xDD? Looking at the guides I've noticed that most of them have this one section telling you to select two words, but you can't select those words until you beat the route right? So what's the point in selecting the words when you've beaten the route.. does it unlock new scenes or something? Orz

Posted Image

#58 akuram

akuram

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

If you go to Memory=>Dear You ; you will see a hint section so you'll have an idea which keywords to combine.
And yes, there are keywords that the system will say to used once you get a route for a certain character. But those keywords are only used if you directly want to go to their route after your first game play for that character.
Some keywords were used for unlocking a scene like for Kago no Tori story.

If you haven't continue on chapter 5 then it's natural you're wondering that way. But once you continue with the story you will see. The rest are under spoiler tag just in case.
Spoiler

MNR earns HP.
Posted Image

#59 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

I'm still so confused with Hinase's story and route. I'm going down Nanaki's path and so had to pass by Chapter 2 again and replaying this one scene made me think about a few things.

Spoiler

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I JUST FINISHED CHAPTER 4 FROM NANAKI'S ROUTE AND EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW.

WOW. I thought I couldn't get anymore surprised or fall in love with Hinase even more.. but I just did Orz. The chapter ended the way I wanted it to end too when I was reading through it! I am in love with Takuyo's writers or at least the ones that did Shinigami to Shoujo xDDDDDD!

Posted Image

#60 akuram

akuram

• Hachiyo
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

Glad to know you got the answer. And I just finally finished completing all the events- completing Hinase was the HARDEST for me. (Yes I try out myself first before looking at the guides- it was a torture LOL)
Now, I've done it and looked at Kotonoha (it's like a dictionary)- it updates too so it pretty explains about some characters.
What I also like about this story, it makes you think every time you go back to it 8D And prolly due to my my poor reading comprehension

And yes, I'm still not done reading Shinigami to Shoujo *laughs* reading vertically is something my eyes not used to

Prologue just a quick breakdown from my nonexistent memory
Spoiler

PS: Sorry for the poor summary. Does anyone have the other parts of the story featured in Dengeki Girl's Style? If only I knew about it I would have tried to get the other issues ORZ.

EDIT: I finished reading it and I would say, wow, I'm glad I didn't read the book while playing the game because it has SPOILERS. I really love the story and it even has afterword by Tohya LOL. I don't know if I will be able to continue those chapter summary because each chapter is short.

MNR earns HP.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance