4 replies to this topic

#1 SukunaHikona

SukunaHikona

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, game RPG, action, otome,
  • Who I fangirl over:Kiryuu Zero, Kuran Haruka and Kaname, all the men from heart/clover/joker , Gil from Pandora Hearts, Yoite from Nabari no Ou,

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

I just watched the OVA and want to discuss it, but because I don't know whether I can make a new topic about this, please warn me if I broke rule or anything.

Here is summary of the story:
Spoiler

My own opinion:
As usual, it beautiful yet sad story. Watanuki who still waiting for Yuuko even after years, trapped in the shop while his friends walk in their own path, and at the end, he'll left behind, like Jouro Gumo said to him before. At least, in the end Watanuki find a little hope, so it not that depressing. Watanuki also make progress. It true that his appearance didn't change, but he truly grown up. And this OVA still has comedy part (but of course not as much as previous episodes). After all, I think this is a must-see OVA for Clamp lovers, especially XXX Holic. It shown us how Watanuki live after he know the truth about himself and Yuuko. In these years, many thing happened, good and bad. He must see how his friend step in their own live, and he even have to lost the woman he loved.

I really like this OVA. The story really good, I hope another anime will still come out, this time with appearance of Sayoran, Fye, Kurogane, Kamui, Subaru, Seishiro or Fuuma because I missed them very much and especially because I curious with their own journey.

#2 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

I just downloaded and watched it. As I haven't been reading the series this dropped quite a few bombs on me.

Spoiler

Also, the OVA is far to serious to poke fun at, but this specific moment taken out of context makes me laugh ;P

Spoiler

#3 SukunaHikona

SukunaHikona

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kiryuu Zero, Kuran Haruka and Kaname, all the men from heart/clover/joker , Gil from Pandora Hearts, Yoite from Nabari no Ou,

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

About Manga (warning: HEAVY SPOILER):
Spoiler

But, the more I see, the more I think that Watanuki become more look like Clow Reed (in Fye Wong flashback at TRC, he said that Watanuki's face resemble young Clow Reed), by face and also power, especially because the clothes he wear. Does anyone feel same?

#4 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

wow, I really missed a lot o.O Maybe I should start reading again.

More than making him look like Clow, I felt like they are making him look like Yuuko. Especially the way he now smokes and the way he wears any Kimonos. Although I wouldn't know about how they make him look in the manga of course ^-^;;

#5 SukunaHikona

SukunaHikona

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:30 AM

Look like Yuuko... you mean he become more feminine and girl-like? Why I think it more become like shounen-ai manga 8-)
But it's alright, for Clamp, anything is okay (even shounen-ai or shoujo-ai plot that I usually can't stand).

I heard that Clamp will release new manga, titled with Gate 7 (I know it's a little too late, but I just heard about it recently). It seems they'll release it next year or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance