IPBoard Styles©Fisana

Photo

Your Dream Otome game What kind of otome game would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 Uzaya

Uzaya

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Orihara Izaya, Sebastian Michaelis, Hibari Kyoya

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

- IN ENGLISH!!

- For art: Kazuki Yone who did Hakuouki, but newer face. Because i noticed that when Kazuki did the art for otome games, i can see the resemblance in the boys.

-Full voiced, i don't mind the heroine has a seiyuu as well, but not those cutesy voice, just a normal one like MAAYA SAKAMOTO.
- There's an option to choose how you would appear. Maybe an option like what type of hair: long / short / bangs or no. This will make the drawer has more job to do though.. hahaha

- more to Tokimeki type of game. I don't really like the game with routes. I like it better when we can sometimes choose other guys instead. I mean for example, in the story, A got hurt. A is the heroine and hero friend. When there's an option to choose what to do, let me choose to see A NOT the hero. I mean, when your friend is hurt, why the heck would u bother choosing the hero instead of checking on how your friend's condition is??

- not too corny..

- variety of genres.

#82 CatMuto

CatMuto

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kijyou, Hikami

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

Customizeable Heroine

It doesn't have to be an immense collection of hairtypes, color, eye form, color, clothes, body-type etc - actually, a customization like Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2 is good. 10 different hairtypes with 5 extras you can add, different hair colors and such.
The clothes wouldn't be that important to me - a tiny avatar would be nice, though. Like, with Princess Maker, a small avatar that changes with every year, showing the heroine getting older or just switching from a t-shirt to a sweater according to season.

Voice Acting

I demand japanese voice acting! With english, accurate text. FF X-2 International was english voices with japanese text .. wrong way around, Square Enix! Your fans want it the other way around - it gives them wonderful voices and it helps with actually learning the language. And it makes some of the working of the game easier.

Diversity

What I mean is, if they want to add a childhood friend, they should make it so it's NOT obvious who it is. Hey, you have spikey brownish hair - just like the guy in my dream. Hey, your bleached hair reminds me of this guy who kissed me when we were children.
Never thought you WERE that guy!
Or even changing the childhood friend to the one you actually got. (Unless it's for the teacher .. that would be weird ..)

RPG-ish

Maybe a little map of the school where the heroine must run from one end of the hall to the other to get to that class. If she fails, she needs to stand outside the hall. Instead of getting the usual amount of points you get for attending the full class (for example, 10 Points) you lose a certain amount of points, depending on how late you were. (Ranging from 7 - 1 Point/s)
Or walking/moving CGs when you're on a date with the guy until you stop for the obligatory-date-question.

Nitpicks
(Various things I can think of)

Maybe add dreams when the heroine starts getting close to the childhood friend. Y'know, dreaming of this boy over and over again, getting clearer the higher the affection is ..

What I can think of right now.

C-A

#83 D3stinyx

D3stinyx

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many; but my favourite from TMGS should be Hariya Kounoshin.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

Hands down for the ability to customize the heroine. That'd be so awesome! However, I do believe whether this would be implemented in the game or not would be largely based on how the otome game wishes to present itself. If there were to be customizable female heroine, then that would mean that the CGs are greatly restricted, if not none at all. I'm thinking they would still have CGs of the other characters, and the more 'intimate' CGs would either have a concealed face (cough) or just the male character alone (i.e reaching out to you).

I still remember a long time ago when I played Fire Emblem on GBA- there was the element in the game whereby you can 'string' the characters together by making them stand together during certain rounds to trigger conversations between them. These decide the ending that the characters get. In the very first one I played- not sure if anyone knows of it, the one with Lyn, Eliwood and Hector as the top three Lords in the game. You are the tactician for the team, and in the game there were actually several scenes in which Lyn, Eliwood and Hector would turn towards you (the screen, basically) and 'speak' to you. During those moments I had honestly wished that there could have been more interaction. Sadly, it ended there. And Eliwood fell for Ninian.

I would also DEFINITELY love for RPG elements in the otome game. To spice things up a little bit. I actually really enjoyed the concept behind Harvest Moon, where you have a character sprite and you can run around the town meeting people, exploring and all. What lacked in Harvest Moon is really the 'interaction' between the characters. The 'love' scenes were so-so, to me. You only get about 4 scenes with the guy you are going after, and then suddenly you and your intended partner gets married. After 4 encounters. Logical?

I wonder if I'm the only one- but is there anyone else who would die to see more interaction between the characters in Pokemon games? It has struck me numerous times that in Pokemon- they have their fair share of interesting characters. I have recently completed Pokemon Black and I nearly spewed blood at the 'ending'. Ever since there was a scene in Pokemon between Trainer N and the heroine (it happens if you play as the hero, but it has more significance and the doki-doki moment if you play as the heroine) in one of the towns that could have sort of passed off as short-lived romantic date. From there on I had really wanted to see more scenes and interactions between them, though sadly, the interactions even though hinted at something more (I have a wild imagination, actually.) ended as just being 'special rivals'. .___.

I don't think it to be such a bad idea for Pokemon creators to have an add-on after you have completed the game once (i.e defeated the Elite Four and defeated Team Baddies). To allow the player to choose their own endings. They could have a prompt- asking if the player would like to go through the 'love' route, just in case there are just people who want to get on with the after-Pokemon game and capture the remaining few hidden legendary Pokemon or what-not. I think that would be totally awesome.

I've ranted too much. >< But, well, you get my point. RPG in otome games!

Posted Image

どれだけ 歩いてきたんだろう?
振り向いたら涙の跡

傷つけ 傷つき 辿りついた場所
今ここに君がいる

#84 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Diana Caprice

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

It seems at least one person has been thinking about a romance game using the human characters from Pokemon. See this fake cover: http://danbooru.donm...-blue_hair-blus (WARNING: site contains adult ads, and most of its content is *not* worksafe!)

Also, unless you're working with a company or creating an indie game meant to be sold, it's really difficult to justify the efforts of making a game with a lot of customization. Flowerthief on the Lemma Soft forums is currently working on a freeware BxG harem game which promises to offer customizising... It's probably not what you're looking for, but here's the relevant forum link: http://lemmasoft.ren...hp?f=16&t=10877

#85 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hands down for the ability to customize the heroine. That'd be so awesome!

have you tried magical diary?

but yeah it means practically no CGs...

lol a pokemon game! i know the people on mspa are always talking about making a troll dating game but i don't think anyones actually going to do it

#86 D3stinyx

D3stinyx

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many; but my favourite from TMGS should be Hariya Kounoshin.

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

Also, unless you're working with a company or creating an indie game meant to be sold, it's really difficult to justify the efforts of making a game with a lot of customization.

Yup, that's true. I can understand how hard it is to make a game with a lot of customization. That's why I can only dream about having a game like that. D: Perhaps more game companies could start off at an easier level? Limited customization with some changes to the hair and all.

have you tried magical diary?

Nope, I haven't tried it. Is it an English otome game? Recently I've only dabbled in the Japanese ones due to lack of time, but if it's worth checking out then perhaps I'd try it once I do have the time. :D

Posted Image

どれだけ 歩いてきたんだろう?
振り向いたら涙の跡

傷つけ 傷つき 辿りついた場所
今ここに君がいる

#87 reira

reira

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Takuma + トシちゃん~! (^ヮ^)

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

- RPG would be nice. It'll add depth to those supertextheavy visual novel-based games (^▽^)

- FULLY-VOICED. With extra voices. In a separate bonus features menu.(☆▽☆)

I agree that the heroine should be voiced too, because it feels a little empty for the words to be there without an accompanying voice-over..(And because it'll help with deciphering some difficult kanji. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

- 3 dimensional character personalities that branch out from the usual anime-tropes.
Character development would be interesting too, like a sudden switch from cute shota to YANDERE maybe. Although I think that DID sort of happen in Togainu no Chi.

- No squicky character routes? Like the old guy in Nise no Chigiri or the school principal from TMGS (ಠ_ಠ)

#88 Ilinox

Ilinox

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Jin, Hinase Mitsuru, Ikki

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

Returning back to the customization point I see being brought up here, I've always wondered if it would be possible to make it so that the heroine's personality could be altered? I know that when you go down different routes the heroine's personality changes slightly depending on the guy she's going after, like she might become more stubborn or more clueless or whatever, but what if it'd be possible to change her personality at the beginning and that way there's like two endings for a guy's route other than a good end and a bad end?

I'm thinking something like a small group of questions at the beginning of the game to determine whether the heroine is like a tsundere, yandere, super innocent, etc?

I started thinking about this after having played Dragon Age 2 by Bioware. In that game when you romance the NPCs you can decide whether or not you want to go down a friendship route or a rivalry route and both of those routes have slightly different scenes with different emotions in them. In the friendship route, the heroine supports the NPC and agrees with them. In the rivalry route, the heroine sort of argues against some of the NPC's beliefs but still likes them and will help them (they argue more basically... leading to hot tension filled scenes ;D).

It might get kind of annoying having to replay the same guy but with a different personality though, unless the game makers really put an effort into differentiating the scenes.

Posted Image

#89 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

I've seen people try to make pokemon visual novels before. But as it usually goes, the project died along the way.

But yeah, lots of costumisation in Magical Diary. Those things usually work best for gameplay-based games like that though, don't you think?
Once a game becomes more heavily focused on the story, it gets harder to make all those changes in looks and personality. Doesn't mean you can't wish for it though :P

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#90 topari

topari

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Creepy pasta.
  • Who I fangirl over:too many minor characters to keep track of

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'd like one with lots of humor and allusions to recent pop culture, or at least, the Internet. The more specific they are, the better. All the English visual novels I've played have been very dry in that aspect. :< And like everyone's saying, customization. Especially personality. But I don't want the game to be a stat-raising or RPG game (I'm absolutely terrible at those). The basic visual novel format will do. And a realistic setting. I'm just not that interested in fantasy. A variety of different ethnic characters too. Not just the pale white or ambiguously brown characters that are present in many otome games.

A fully-voiced English otome game would be amazing! I don't care if the voice actors were new or had roles in anime or games.

#91 songofstorms

songofstorms

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Azusa Kinose

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

I'd like to see more otome games where there is a significant atmosphere change, be it initial hostility (or even hatred) to where the love interests slowly over time realize their true feelings for the heroine. (^o^)/ I think it would be very neat to see an Otome game with a rather unlikely heroine, such as one who is selfish, apathetic, arrogant, vain, etc. It would take the bishies much more determination to eventually fall in love with her X3

Without question, more titles released in English would be amazing~

Peachi Dreami
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 aoru

aoru

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shiranui Yozaburo, Sakurai Ruka, Lelouch Lamperouge, Takumi Andou

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

My dream otome game... hmm.

I think that instead of customizing the heroine's features and looks, I'd rather be able to change her personality so that it's similar to my own. ( Like said previously)
If anyone has played Tarou's route in TMGS 2 you'll know what I mean by a spineless, clingy heroine. ( I agree with someone else's comment before....something about a bitchy, selfish heroine? That would be a nice change)

For example, like in TMGS 2 , it starts off with a questionnaire, and your answers for this determine your starter off stats. I think something like that could be used to give a rough personality test.
Though I know this would be pretty hard.... the script would have to be re written....many. many times to advocate for all the different personalities.
Definitely lots of bishounens and definitely (fingers crossed) heaps of CGs for each character.

An english otome game would also be nice, so I wouldn't have to think so much and switch my brain to jap every time I play. :)

As for plot, I think pretty much anything, as long as it keeps my interest. A historical one would be great (like Yo Jin Bo and Hakuouki maybe, but without so much dialogue...)...

#93 Jasmin

Jasmin

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Manga. Graphics
  • Who I fangirl over:len

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

FINAL FANTASY OTOME.

- I guess one where you can customize how the main girl looks. Kinda like in Tales of World: Radiant Mythology.
- Available in English.

Mostly that. XD

kitsih.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance