IPBoard Styles©Fisana

Photo

Your Dream Otome game What kind of otome game would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Mariye

Mariye

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy video games, music, drawing, reading all kinds of fiction and manga. I write for Gamertell and Siliconera.
  • Who I fangirl over:Azuma Yunoki

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

I love otome games with life sim aspects.

I'd like one with a heroine I can customize/dress (like in the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side games), stats that I can increase decrease (TMGS or Otometeki Koi Kakumei) and some sort of RPG aspect (Like Haruka or Neo Angelique).

And it should be on the DS or PSP. :P

#42 perina

perina

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Otome Game and anime ><
  • Who I fangirl over:Taira no Tomomori

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

My Dream Otome Game?... uh... when you ask a lo of game come in my head and i choose...

It is Tokimeki memorial~ Girl's side! it's a first otome game in my life, actually, before Harukanaru And from that time i think i come to like it and... well, i'm crazy about it and begin to seach for other otome game.

And Nowaday i fall for otome game from Quinrose.
Posted Image
忘れない。おまえは俺が愛したたった一人の女だ

#43 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all of 'em bishies

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:36 AM

I want Danzai no Maria be made more into something by Mirai Soft with a little touch of Ribbon Magic. :D And I want Midorikawa-san to play a role in it too! :D (lol)

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#44 Murasaki

Murasaki

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime, reading shoujo manga, playing otome game, reading, sketching, and listening to music
  • Who I fangirl over:My lovely potentially do-M otoko~

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

Something with a bit of Tokimeki and a bit of Haruka 3. Haha....that would be interesting.
I want RPGs, fantasy and a good plot, like in Haruka. And the life simulation/stat raising like in Tokimeki. I guess I'll have to wait for years before a company actually decides to do something like that. T-T
~*~ Love from Murasaki ~*~

#45 Kairi

Kairi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading mangas, hanging out wiht friends and playing games XDDD
  • Who I fangirl over:there are maaaaany XDD

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

my dream otome games are garnet cradle and skip beat!
otome games, were you can date with boys, like tokimeki girl XDD

Posted Image

#46 Ningyo

Ningyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:^^;;

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:02 AM

So by looking through this thread, the thing that people wants the most seems to be the option to customise your character.

And after that, some sort of rpg/slg gameplay element mixed with stat raising :P

Sounds complicated... but I would probably love to play that too, lol. (Although I don't really care about customising).

Posted Image
Creator of otome visual novels and RPG's

#47 Xenokitten

Xenokitten

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:none

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:40 AM

My dream game would be Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1 and 2 in english.

But since that will never happen

Any game where you play as a girl, raise your stats, and date guys, with cute shoujo graphics, a nice storyline, interesting characters, multiple paths/endings/branching plots, and lots of points in the game to make decisions

((I honestly can't figure out why the fantranslation scene has not picked up doing tokimeki girl's side 1 or 2. I know the oldschool carts back in the 16 bit days had some encoding problems but I would imagine that's not likely to be the same hurdle with the DS ports... It's one of the few japanese otome games which I play and replay regularly, probably the best in the genre. That and princess maker, especially the newest DS one, it's very cute - someone was translating that but lost their programmer back in like january.))

#48 Kairi

Kairi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading mangas, hanging out wiht friends and playing games XDDD
  • Who I fangirl over:there are maaaaany XDD

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

yeah, your right tokimeki memorial girl would also be my dream otome and the art of garnet cradle and with lots of CG's. the text should be english but the voice of course in jap. everything should be full voiced, too XDD

that's my dream otome game ^^

Posted Image

#49 Kirinet

Kirinet

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:No one.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

I wrote a whole plot for a story here, but decided to keep this short:

AN INTERESTING MAIN CHARACTER.

I hate that goddamn faceless voiceless personality-less empty girl.
I don't put myself in her fricking shoes! I just want to read it for a good story!

I wish they'd stop making the main character so empty.

#50 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:09 AM

I don't put myself in her fricking shoes! I just want to read it for a good story!

I second this! Faceless, empty heroines that are aimed at "putting yourself in their shoes" is kinda...awkward in my opinion. :\ I'd rather see the game as "choose-the-best/your-favorite-guy-to-pair-with-heroine" instead and then fangirl over the guys deemed as the cream of the crop 8D. Or in other words, a story having the ability to choose an ending. And I just can't imagine myself as the heroine, partly because the heroines tend to say, think, or do the opposite of my own preference.

Spoiler

#51 Kirinet

Kirinet

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:No one.

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

I KNOW!
Ashe is SO annoying!

She acts like she's 6 with giant boobs.
That's what UtM is, a loli game. She can't fight back because she's so small.

#52 Murasaki

Murasaki

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime, reading shoujo manga, playing otome game, reading, sketching, and listening to music
  • Who I fangirl over:My lovely potentially do-M otoko~

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

That's what UtM is, a loli game.

LOL That is so true! XD It seems to be targeted towards guys as well.

The perfect heroine shouldn't be loli then?
~*~ Love from Murasaki ~*~

#53 Kimbley

Kimbley

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Kageyama Satofumi

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:25 AM

My perfect game would have a lot of dark side routes. Actually, probably something similar to UtM would be fine, with a happy and dark route for each character.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Please click the eggs to help them hatch!

#54 The Storyteller

The Storyteller

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:All and none

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:36 PM

Hi. I hope this is the right section to do this. I have an idea for an otome game. I've got a title, characters, and a plot (somewhat). If anyone's curious, let me know. However, if this is the wrong section, again, let me know. Thank you.

#55 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:manga anime bishie and drawing
  • Who I fangirl over:Len, ace, blood, ren

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:59 AM

A game with only super hawt smexy teachers!!!! omg I'm such a teacher nut it's sooo weird. If there is a game out there like that please someone tell me! ahhhh kazuma from faster than a kiss, takaomi form oresama teacher, and kira from la corda!!!! those are some super hot bishie! :mrgreen:

my weaknesses in otome games:
1. teachers
2. older dudes
3. megane

It's strange i love the whole sensei thing in manga and anime but in real life i just don't get it, cuz my history teacher looked like ben affleck (not kidding super hot) but i never thought of him in a dating way.
Visit my D.A page
my name is I-am-miss-duckie
Some of my work is below.
Spoiler

#56 unbrokenhours

unbrokenhours

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Games (RPG, sim, strategy, general, otome)
    -Drawing, reading, writing, Listening and Making Music
    -Anime, sports
  • Who I fangirl over:I realized what this means now. You? :)

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

I agree with this. I just can't buy a character that gets a lot of guys if she's so plain and empty. What makes her so special? The guys can just go randomly to another girl and still fall for them. If you direct the men through a traffic jam to a different school or town, then they'll be falling over a different personality-less girl too, lol.
Man if that's how they're like, they should just fall in love with a random girl on the street too. Now playing those personality-less girl games, you would think if he would actually cheat on you after the ending.

Well The only reason I wouldn't mind is if the story really supports a personality-less girl. You know, like lets say some dark lord robbed her soul and memories and you meet people who are trying to restore it for you. Things like that, I would love to play.

I would love a RPG type game with a lot of interactions and cgs. Those are my dream games. Also, NICE ENGLISH voice acting would be great. How many otome games even have that? I almost never hear sexy good male voices for this genre except for Japanese versions.

In Angelique, sometimes I wish they'd expand on the ending. I want an otome game with a "FULL" ending so it'd leave me satisfied. You know how you just end up with someone, one CG appears, about ten lines of text, and that's it? I wish there is more...like five of ten extra minutes of an ending.

#57 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

why is the main character always personality-less? You think the developers would want the player to play a character they like not some dumb chick who agrees with what everyone else says. Like in Yojinbo I hated Hatsumi (is that her name i can't remember i haven't played it in like two years) she was soooo annoying! (...wait was she annoying I can't remember!) and the endings for some of the characters were really annoying and boring...

now that i think about it, it's not only otome games that suffer from personality dead characters. Makoto from school days is pretty bleh and the main character from hourglass of summer is pretty boring as well. The developers probably leave them empty so that we can make the choices for the character that fit the players personality... or the developers just got real lazy after working so hard that they decided the main character doesn't need a personality.
Visit my D.A page
Spoiler

#58 Butterfly Girl

Butterfly Girl

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Bastian, Clavis

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

i think it's partly that they want the player to be able to identify with the characters so they don't define them too much, but also because in a game where you can pick your path and have very different things happen, it's hard to define the character because they can come out so differently.

if you have a choice between like saving a kitten or drowning it, the character would have to be pretty different on those two choices, wouldn't they? a nice girl wouldn't DO that, so if you pick that choice were you evil all along?

#59 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:57 AM

i think it's partly that they want the player to be able to identify with the characters so they don't define them too much, but also because in a game where you can pick your path and have very different things happen, it's hard to define the character because they can come out so differently.

if you have a choice between like saving a kitten or drowning it, the character would have to be pretty different on those two choices, wouldn't they? a nice girl wouldn't DO that, so if you pick that choice were you evil all along?

Σ(゚□゚; DON'T DROWN THE KITTEN!!! Lol
Visit my D.A page
Spoiler

#60 unbrokenhours

unbrokenhours

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Games (RPG, sim, strategy, general, otome)
    -Drawing, reading, writing, Listening and Making Music
    -Anime, sports
  • Who I fangirl over:I realized what this means now. You? :)

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

True, but I won't mind if that's how a person starts off. Lets say you make a bunch of choices (good), and then the main character develops that personality in a path.
And lets say you make a lot of "evil choices", won't it be nice to have evil thoughts?

I can't name many games like that yet but I'm sure there are some, but I wouldn't mind a personality-less "beginning" character. Though if they remain static throughout the whole game even after choices are made just so a path opens up, I would be "wow, I don't like me this main character."

I would say if the game is made well, with a good story that needs a personality-less character, then I would know that the developers really thought hard about it.

For me, it would be nice to see me the main character grow as the story/choices are made. It should still put us in their shoes, right? I don't know about you all but I feel I can still relate to myself the main character even if some of my thoughts clashed when they are actually "thinking and having their own opinions on a specific event."

All in all

it's hard to define the character because they can come out so differently.

I would think the developers are amazing if they make the character well liked by most people no matter how they turn out. They can't create a perfect world for all, sadly.

now that i think about it, it's not only otome games that suffer from personality dead characters. Makoto from school days is pretty bleh and the main character from hourglass of summer is pretty boring as well. The developers probably leave them empty so that we can make the choices for the character that fit the players personality

I don't want to get technical but many guy games (I don't know the opposite term for otome), are plain too. I understand it relates to many guys too as well as you've all said. Not everyone in this world is special, right (NOOOOO!!! That can't be!!!)

I guess I understand a little bit more about myself. I like special characters mainly because it's a new story, it's fantasy, it's not real. I see too many plain things in real life so I like "edges" in stories, games, fantasy worlds and of course, otome games. Once they have an edge, I am hooked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance