Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:manga anime bishie and drawing
  • Who I fangirl over:Len, ace, blood, ren

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:47 AM

ANN has just announced some of the cast for the English dub or Vampire Knight

Yuuki Cross- Mela Lee (Rena from higurashi, Hiyori from bleach)

Zero Kiryuu- Vic Mignogna (Tamaki from Ouran, Dark from DNAngel)

Kaname Kuran- Ethan Murray (Yuto from X/1999, Fred Luo from Outlaw Star)

No word on La Corda's English cast, although I can tell you that the series was licenced by Section23 which is a subdivision of ADV and Funimation. Also they announced that the first boxset will be released on June 22nd, once the cast is released I'll post it up here.

so thought on the choices of voice actors?

My first thought was why is Vic playing Zero? I can't even remember what Ethan Murray sounds like, and I have little hope for Yuuki cuz I really hate the way that Mela Lee voiced Hiyori.
Visit my D.A page
my name is I-am-miss-duckie
Some of my work is below.
Spoiler

#2 Harroe

Harroe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, all HnK/CnK cast, Jade Curtiss, and Duke(Tales of Vesperia).

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:20 AM

It'll be nice to finally get a legal copy of Vampire Knight and La Corda. I haven't been in the loop lately so I hadn't heard anything about this. Thanks for posting it.

I don't pay much attention to voice actors so I don't have anything to say about that. When I get anime I usually watch it in Japanese with subtitles. Sometimes I get brave and try the English dub, but I usually don't like it. I thought Fruits Basket had a good dub though.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

My livejournal: Ticking Clocks and Patting Rain
I put my scans, art, and other stuff here.

#3 SilverMoon

SilverMoon

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:manga, anime, video games, and music to name a few
  • Who I fangirl over:加地葵, 衛藤桐也, 月森蓮, 土浦梁太郎, 不動翔麻, 王崎信武, 金澤紘人, 如月律, 水嶋新, 東金千秋, 冥加玲士, 天宮静, カミュ, 美風藍, 寿嶺二, 一ノ瀬トキヤ, 神宫寺レン, 四ノ宮那月, 愛島セシル, ケント, ウキョウ, シン, トーマ, イッキ

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

Oh really? They're actually going to dub VK and Corda?? Hmm... I'm not sure whether to be happy about this or not. I'm actually not too surprised about Vic voicing Zero; now Tamaki and Zero have the same voice actors in both Japanese AND English! On the other hand, I'm not sure what to think about Corda. I may have to watch the first few episodes just to see what they do to it, then I might boycot the series because I love the original Japanese seiyuu too much. :/

音楽によって、私達は覚えている…

Through the music, we remember...

Posted ImagePosted Image

“Wherever and however we met, I would fall in love with you for sure.”

どこで、どんな形で会ったとしても、僕はきっと君を好きになっていた。

#4 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

Oh really? They're actually going to dub VK and Corda?? Hmm... I'm not sure whether to be happy about this or not. I'm actually not too surprised about Vic voicing Zero; now Tamaki and Zero have the same voice actors in both Japanese AND English! On the other hand, I'm not sure what to think about Corda. I may have to watch the first few episodes just to see what they do to it, then I might boycot the series because I love the original Japanese seiyuu too much. :/

yea I'm worried about La corda as well cuz Section23 did the dubbing for clannad....let's just say it's not the best..... They casted David Matranga (sanzo from Saiyuki) as Tomoya... that really didn't fit....they did a bad job on the guys but the girls they did okay with. although that really doesn't help cuz La corda is full of dudes....
Visit my D.A page
Spoiler

#5 TsukimoriKahoko

TsukimoriKahoko

Veteran Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 1,226 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Taniyama Kisho / Tsukimori Len / Tohgane Chiaki

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

I've read that they're only going to subtitle Corda. (No dub of it.) I'm thankful for that! But we'll see, maybe they'll change their minds.

helsakisswaterfalllscripture.jpg

#6 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

I've read that they're only going to subtitle Corda. (No dub of it.) I'm thankful for that! But we'll see, maybe they'll change their minds.

yea but last year they said the same thing about clannad.....
Visit my D.A page
Spoiler

#7 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all of 'em bishies

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

I'm a fan of Ethan Murray. I wonder how he'll make our Kaname sound like in English. Ethan may not be the best choice for Kaname though because his voice is somewhat flirty and airy, not Tamaki-sort though, and not the deep, mysterious type the Japanese seiyuu who voiced Kaname had.

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#8 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:52 AM

It'll be nice to finally get a legal copy of Vampire Knight and La Corda. I haven't been in the loop lately so I hadn't heard anything about this. Thanks for posting it.

I don't pay much attention to voice actors so I don't have anything to say about that. When I get anime I usually watch it in Japanese with subtitles. Sometimes I get brave and try the English dub, but I usually don't like it. I thought Fruits Basket had a good dub though.

This.

I've already seen all of Corda but would very much prefer to own a legitimate copy, even if I'd only watch it in Japanese. I've read that shojo anime doesn't sell as well as all the shonen stuff, so I definitely want to buy when I can.

#9 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:35 AM

This.

I've already seen all of Corda but would very much prefer to own a legitimate copy, even if I'd only watch it in Japanese. I've read that shojo anime doesn't sell as well as all the shonen stuff, so I definitely want to buy when I can.

That's true, shojo animes don't sell well and they have a lower production budget. It's cuz there are more shonen fans than shojo fans, mainly cuz shojo animes are just like soap operas and lots of people hate soap operas. Shonen animes tend to focus more on action than drama/romance and people like action, It's the same with live action movies.
Visit my D.A page
Spoiler

#10 Jasmin

Jasmin

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Manga. Graphics
  • Who I fangirl over:len

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:23 AM

EH! For real!?
LOL. Tamaki ---> Zero.
Well, lets see how things go~~

kitsih.png

#11 Mizu_no_Shugosei

Mizu_no_Shugosei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Anime, reading, writing, drawing, singing, acting
  • Who I fangirl over:Tracey Sketchit, Sebastian Michaelis, Akabane Kuroudo, Nuriko, Ten no Genbu, Chi no Genbu, Lumiale, Luva, Marcel, Sei-Lan, Olivie, Mel, Tsuchiura, Rene, Hyuga and many many more...

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:16 AM

My second-cousin is a fan of Corda as well, so she'll be thrilled to hear it had been dubbed! (She gets tired of reading the subtitles). I hope they get a good dub cast...but if not then at least DVDs are released with subbed versions. (Somehow I think I'll prefer Itou!Tsuchiura better...)

As for VK, gonna tell my BFF, she'll be more than slightly delighted, she loves the series! Vic as Zero?! That I've gotta hear! Not familiar with Ethan Murray though...and as for Mela Lee, I've heard her in Saiyuki Reload, let's hope she performs well as Yuuki.
Known on youtube, fanfiction.net and livejournal as btamamura. Known on DeviantArt and Bulbagarden Forums as Traceys-gal.

Proud fangirl of Tracey Sketchit/Kenji (Pokemon).
Proud yaoi and yuri fangirl.
Fangirl of Seki Tomokazu, Otani Ikue, Ishida Akira, Sakamoto Chika, Tobita Nobuo, Shindou Naomi, Ono Daisuke, Satou Rina, Sugita Tomokazu, Kuwatani Natsuko, Miyano Mamoru, Asakawa Yuu and Yamaguchi Kappei.

#12 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:32 AM

okay I finally found a character that Ethan Murray plays that everyone should know, Mao from Code geass. I still don't know Ethan Murray's capabilities as a VA so I can't really judge him for Kaname.
Visit my D.A page
Spoiler

#13 st_owly

st_owly

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kazuki Hihara, Kaji Aoi, Len Tsukimori, Tenma Morimura

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:29 PM

Corda has been released sub only, not that I'm ever likely to see a copy in the UK. I'd quite like to compare it to the fansubs though, cause I thought they were really good. I believe VK is being released soon, and I'd like to hear how they get on with the dub of that....
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'M BACK!

#14 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all of 'em bishies

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

~otaku_dukie~ I don't know if you've seen the anime series of X by CLAMP but Ethan Murray played Yuto Kigai's role in that anime and I actually thought he did a fine job. I'm looking forward on how he will fare as Kaname. ^^

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#15 sumeragi_sei

sumeragi_sei

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, graphic design, bishies
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Okita Souji

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

I watched a few dubbed episodes of Ouran and I think they're good. I didn't like Tamaki's VA 'tho. I still think Miyano Mamoru (the Japanese voice actor of Tamaki) did one hell of a job with his character. :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance