Tennis no oujisama game

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#1 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:00 AM

Okay some of you have seen the anime or maybe read a couple of chapter of the manga cough*about a couple of high schooler and a college students pretend to be a junior high school student that play tennis*cough but since this is a game section, why don't we talk about tennis no oujisama game that the later game become more to otome game than just playing tennis like Smash Hit, form a strongest team, card hunter, bitter chocolate etc...

I think after tennis no oujisama Sweat&Tears 2 konami decided to make it official that most of the games from tennis no oujisama that came later on becoming game for girls only...

Okay lets talk about the game... First we have SWEAT&TEARS 2 this game that start it all!! in this game you can still choose as a girl or a guy (the first Sweat&Tears is on PSone) and then next is RUSH&DREAM where this is supposed to be a fan service (for girls) and also a sequel from Sweat&Tears, later Konami discovered how girls become moee~ with the love from the guys at tennis no Oujisama they created GAKUENSAI and the last that came this year DOKI DOKI that divided into Doki Doki Yama and Doki Doki Umibe, They separated Atobe with the guys from Seigaku hoping that girl gamers buy this last two games...

So which one you like the most? For me... I think I really like the timeline from Sweat&Tears, kinda remind me with the timeline from Tokimeki memorial girls side, there's hanabata, hanabi, valentine event, date, new years etc but to bad there's no love ending on this one, only tennis partners!! so for the stories I think I like Gakuensai better. For the art I really like the art from Sweat&Tears and Rush&Dreams better than Gakuensai and Doki Doki.

Sigh... Why don't Konami make a tennis no oujisama game with the timeline like Sweat&Tears but with love ending like Gakuensai and Doki Doki?

Please share your opinion and thoughts...

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#2 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahara Masaki, Takashi-niichan, Ace, Shirogane, Niou Masaharu, Wakatsuki Ryotarou

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

RUSH AND DREAM IS MY FIRST PS2 OTOME GAME, AND I BROUGHT MY PS2 BECAUSE OF RUSH AND DREAM. 8D

But I don't like games that are too hard. So I gave it to a friend.

GAKUENSAI IS THE FIRST GAME THAT I HAVE EVER FINISHED EVERYTHING. INCLUDING THE DOLLS.

And as soon as I finished it. I gave it to my friend again.

NOW MY NEW LOVE IS DOKIDOKI. BECAUSE I HATE GAMES THAT ARE DAMN LONG *Gakuensai. Because it's of nothing but going to visit your target for TWO WEEKS.* AND DOKIDOKI IS SWEEEEEEEEEETT *for some characters ONLY. I promise I will KEEL them if Shishido and Niou is still so boring in the next game.*

#3 Chiyo

Chiyo

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:gaming, drawing, bishounen
  • Who I fangirl over:all bishounens!! *_*

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

Ahahah, yea.... I remembered playing Sweat and Tears but still didn't get all the endings for all the members. I only play what my hearts desires, in other words... play only the guys I like ;P

I like the game play actually. I suck at playing tennis real life but in here.. I OWN THEM XD
Well, maybe not that much, but still.. the game is fun to play (especially the tennis) ^^
Though I don't really understand Japanese, but I think the story itself is...lack of romantic stuff ^^a

The artwork is good, yes. But the artwork scene itself are so-so, maybe because of the storyline is not intended to be that romantic.
Not the kind of game that I would like to play repetitively just for one character (based on how I played Tokimeki GS, and ended up with Kei about 3-4 times until I realized I was hypnotized by him =_= ).

But hey, I do like the choice of boy or girl character. It feels more general and have the chance that boys might also played it.
And probably yaoi fangirls would love it too ^^a

#4 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:45 AM

Spoiler

You gave it to your friend? twice?? Let me be your friends =3

Gakuensai I think I still left a couple of guys behind... and someone make this funny youtube video using the mini drama from Gakuensai... Sooo funny...

Gakuensai Mini Drama

I only have doki doki umi... want to get my hands on doki doki yama coz it turns out that most of the guy I like is in Yama, sigh... I should check the chara list first, and Atobe story is better in Gakuensai... Which characters is the sweetest in Dokidoki??

Spoiler

Lol yeah same here, I only go for the guys I like and didn't finish the others... I think I only have less than a half for the cg in sweat and tears coz I only do the guy route once and didn't finish all the guys for the girl route...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#5 kei

kei

Queen Otaku

• Miko
  • 639 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kahara Masaki, Takashi-niichan, Ace, Shirogane, Niou Masaharu, Wakatsuki Ryotarou

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:43 AM

After I got my Umibe and Sanroku, I copied them into disk and gave them to my friend again XD And by giving, I mean selling. XDD

But you actually need to have BOTH Umibe and Sanroku. Because there're some hidden scenes that can only be unlocked if you load the save file of the other game.

#6 Kaya

Kaya

Closet Otaku

• MIA
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ankram

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:44 AM

Sadly I haven't played any of the games yet due to my PS2 being the North American version but I do own Sweat & Tears and Gakuensai and will be getting both the Doki Doki ones at the end of the month....and a PS3 tomorrow instead of later on in the month since my dad convinced me not to import the Japanese version of it.

#7 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hinoe, Benkei, Tomomori, Yunoki Azuma, Yasuaki, Francis

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:24 AM

I LOVED Rush & Dream + Sweat & Tears 2 because of those stat building stuff and the TokiMemo-ish elements, but apart from the crackiness, I'm only so-so about Gakuensai and the DokiDoki games XD;

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#8 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:45 AM

After I got my Umibe and Sanroku, I copied them into disk and gave them to my friend again XD And by giving, I mean selling. XDD

But you actually need to have BOTH Umibe and Sanroku. Because there're some hidden scenes that can only be unlocked if you load the save file of the other game.

Yikes seriously?? Which game should you played first?? The Sanroku?? or Umibe?? or it doesn't matter which game you played first as long you have the save file??

Lol... I thought by giving you actually giving them for free... If you do, I'd like to apply to become your bestest friend XD

but still if you do sell them, you probably sell it cheaper than the original... and you can buy another game... and sell them again XD

Sadly I haven't played any of the games yet due to my PS2 being the North American version but I do own Sweat & Tears and Gakuensai and will be getting both the Doki Doki ones at the end of the month....and a PS3 tomorrow instead of later on in the month since my dad convinced me not to import the Japanese version of it.

Why don't you buy the modded chip?? some of my friend say about a chip that you put in your PS2 so you can play japanese game in your PS2, or if you have the money buy a second hand japanese PS2... It's a waste that you have them but you can't play them... or can you play them in PS3??

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#9 Kaya

Kaya

Closet Otaku

• MIA
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Ankram

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:19 AM

Why don't you buy the modded chip?? some of my friend say about a chip that you put in your PS2 so you can play japanese game in your PS2, or if you have the money buy a second hand japanese PS2... It's a waste that you have them but you can't play them... or can you play them in PS3??

I could buy and have the mod chip installed in my PS2 but my dad doesn't like the idea...I do have the money to get a second hand Japanese PS2 or even a new one in fact but for some reason it doesn't really appeal to me not to mention that my PS2 is dieing on me already so buying a PS3 is the best course of action for me since it's region free which means I can play games from anywhere in world other then the fact a few might not work.

#10 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:shiba katsumi!!, yatsuaki

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:34 AM

Playing GAKUENSAI makes me known the guys in POT more and make me like them much more. >//< everyone in POT have their own sweet. so cute!! >//<
I still dosen't play them all but from I play now, I really like it. >0<

I still doesn't play Rush & Dream and Sweat & Tears 2 yet. ^^"

PS. If you want to see the beautiful pictures you have to play "Tennis ni oujisama : SMASH HIT 2 !!" and "「LOVE OF PRINCE」(ラブプリ)「Sweet」「Bitter」" This games have gallary but it isn't otome. ^^" the smash hit 2 is tennis game and 「LOVE OF PRINCE」is just... well, I don't know what to say. ^^" (sorry again >.< I'm not good in English)

anyway, the pictures are really beautyful and in "smash hit2" have the picture when they play bowling and in "「LOVE OF PRINCE」" have them in private suit while waiting for date with you too!!

#11 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

PS. If you want to see the beautiful pictures you have to play "Tennis ni oujisama : SMASH HIT 2 !!" and "「LOVE OF PRINCE」(ラブプリ)「Sweet」「Bitter」" This games have gallary but it isn't otome. ^^" the smash hit 2 is tennis game and 「LOVE OF PRINCE」is just... well, I don't know what to say. ^^" (sorry again >.< I'm not good in English)

anyway, the pictures are really beautyful and in "smash hit2" have the picture when they play bowling and in "「LOVE OF PRINCE」" have them in private suit while waiting for date with you too!!

I play smash hit 2 but not very good playing the game, I can never win playing the tennis game (or maybe coz I didn't try hard enough??) I play the bowling game instead and find myself dragging my friend to play the real bowling games XD

and love of prince I think is more like visual novels so I find it kinda boring, like the screenshot in both games though....

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#12 niichan

niichan

Queen Otaku

• Fatas
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:-Otome/neoromance/BxG games. (Bishounen!)<br />-Anime/manga/dorema to an extend<br />-Drawing/playing console/handheld/PC games<br />-Music: every kind<br />-Japan/ Thailand because I was born there XD<br />-Thai kitchen<br />-Science...<br />-Amusement parks<br />list can go forever really!
  • Who I fangirl over: too many bishies

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

I'm a prince of tennis fangirl and this pretty is a must! >///<
I love it that they add a girl option in it...not that I mind BL of course hehe.
And I crave for a tennis game *__* after playing wiisports and all lol.
Import get?

Tiny question though: Is the tennis part easy? Do you have to practice a lot or something like that?

Posted Image
Please read the rules!

Spoiler

#13 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

I love it that they add a girl option in it...not that I mind BL of course hehe.
Import get?

Tiny question though: Is the tennis part easy? Do you have to practice a lot or something like that?

Are you talking about Sweat&Tears and Rush&Dreams?? Yes there are tennis game... the tennis part is quite easy, well easier than smash hit (for me), you just run for the ball and choose where do you want to hit it and after become friends with the guys (by phone them for tennis practice date) you can actually learn a new smashing hit that is useful for your weapon coz the guys can't return the ball back...

For Sweat&Tears if you want to unlock a guy (besides seigaku guys) you have to win the game when you against them so you can have their phone numbers... You can see the screenshot for the tennis game playing from the official site that I gave in the first post. The ones with underline...

and as I was saying only Sweat&Tears that you can still choose to become a guy, the other after that you are officially a girl...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#14 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:40 AM

I play smash hit 2 but not very good playing the game, I can never win playing the tennis game (or maybe coz I didn't try hard enough??) I play the bowling game instead and find myself dragging my friend to play the real bowling games XD

555 so you like bowling ^^
I don't know how to play tennis too >//< but I like the picture when they play bowling ^0^

Import get?

eh? so you have wii?? I really want it >.< beacause I wan't to play bleach!! >//<
but have no money to buy T^T

Are you talking about Sweat&Tears and Rush&Dreams?? Yes there are tennis game... the tennis part is quite easy, well easier than smash hit (for me), you just run for the ball and choose where do you want to hit it and after become friends with the guys (by phone them for tennis practice date) you can actually learn a new smashing hit that is useful for your weapon coz the guys can't return the ball back...

Is it easy to play??? yesterday I try it and.. I don't know how to play T^T
I just can't touch the ball TT^TT (can touch only once) except when it's my turn to serve.

#15 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

so you like bowling ^^
I don't know how to play tennis too >//< but I like the picture when they play bowling ^0^

Is it easy to play??? yesterday I try it and.. I don't know how to play T^T
I just can't touch the ball TT^TT (can touch only once) except when it's my turn to serve.

I like playing bowling with my friends coz we ended up eating ice cream after playing (well the loser pay the bill) It was fun, even though we aren't really good at it ^__^

Lol... I thought it was pretty easy playing the tennis game in Sweat&Tears or Rush&Dreams well for me is easier than playing Smash Hit...

You just run for the ball, and when the ball get close to you hit O button or X button and triangle button for lob.. and you can change the direction for the ball when you hit the ball press up or down...

Oh well practice makes perfect... It's easier than playing the real tennis... or is it just me, after being creamed by my friends when playing them... TT^TT and don't want to play tennis again after that...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#16 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:37 AM

I like playing bowling with my friends coz we ended up eating ice cream after playing (well the loser pay the bill) It was fun, even though we aren't really good at it ^__^

Lol... I thought it was pretty easy playing the tennis game in Sweat&Tears or Rush&Dreams well for me is easier than playing Smash Hit...

You just run for the ball, and when the ball get close to you hit O button or X button and triangle button for lob.. and you can change the direction for the ball when you hit the ball press up or down...

Oh well practice makes perfect... It's easier than playing the real tennis... or is it just me, after being creamed by my friends when playing them... TT^TT and don't want to play tennis again after that...

haha I know! I'm not good at it too but still feel fun ^^

I cant run for the ball >.< I don't know why?

oh... so you have to put triangle too!?!! ^^" thanks for telling me. ^^ I'll go try again.

I just play run's practice and it put me 2-3time for me to understand ^^"

I played tennis(the real one) just once! When I go travelling with my friends and ask my friend to teach tennis ^^ after playing a few time I just feel dizzy >.< (play at the morning and I still didn't eat breakfast ^^") so I have to sit down and rest. -_-

#17 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:39 AM

haha I know! I'm not good at it too but still feel fun ^^

I cant run for the ball >.< I don't know why?

oh... so you have to put triangle too!?!! ^^" thanks for telling me. ^^ I'll go try again.

I just play run's practice and it put me 2-3time for me to understand ^^"

I played tennis(the real one) just once! When I go travelling with my friends and ask my friend to teach tennis ^^ after playing a few time I just feel dizzy >.< (play at the morning and I still didn't eat breakfast ^^") so I have to sit down and rest. -_-

To run for the ball in Sweat&Tears or Rush&Dreams you move your character with the up-down left-right (the left button). and triangle is for lob ball (if you are aiming for the guy in the back if you play double). for smashing hit (if you already have a smash ball after you friends with the guys) I forgot if it's X or O.

There's an image training in Sweat&Tears or Rush&Dreams if I'm not mistaken so you could try practice play tennis (or practice schedule) first with it... Ganbatte!!

Well... I did asked my friends to teach me tennis but I don't think she give me any mercy at all when we play ^__^u

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

#18 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:43 AM

hmmm....

for me, my favourite tenipuri game would have to be Form the Strongest team and Rush & Dream.

Form the strongest team because its exciting, you get to create the impossible team! XD

I had:
Yukimura
Tezuka
Atobe
Sanada
Niou (I know he doesnt seem to fit in the group, but he is actually really strong)

I even named my team 嘉穂をラブチーム (we love kaho team) XD
but, unfortunately this game is not otome game, it was just fun to train them and see weird events in it.

e.g
Spoiler

then out of all their otome games, I liked rush and dream the most maybe because the events are so funny? Then after that, I thought the storylines were becoming wayyyy to fangirl serviced....==
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#19 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

To run for the ball in Sweat&Tears or Rush&Dreams you move your character with the up-down left-right (the left button). and triangle is for lob ball (if you are aiming for the guy in the back if you play double). for smashing hit (if you already have a smash ball after you friends with the guys) I forgot if it's X or O.

There's an image training in Sweat&Tears or Rush&Dreams if I'm not mistaken so you could try practice play tennis (or practice schedule) first with it... Ganbatte!!

Well... I did asked my friends to teach me tennis but I don't think she give me any mercy at all when we play ^__^u

thanks for the information ^0^ I'll go try again and again >.< but if I still can't do it... can I ask you again please >//< (I'm really sorry for Fuji because he lose because of me T^T)

Training!! Fight! Fight! ^0^ to get image and more strong for tennis!! (so I won't get blame from Fuji again ^^")

haha maybe she just play it like the unkind coach that ryouma's father met. "brutal teach so you'll know how to play it fast"

hmmm....

for me, my favourite tenipuri game would have to be Form the Strongest team and Rush & Dream.

Form the strongest team because its exciting, you get to create the impossible team! XD

I had:
Yukimura
Tezuka
Atobe
Sanada
Niou (I know he doesnt seem to fit in the group, but he is actually really strong)

I even named my team 嘉穂をラブチーム (we love kaho team) XD
but, unfortunately this game is not otome game, it was just fun to train them and see weird events in it.

e.g

Spoiler

then out of all their otome games, I liked rush and dream the most maybe because the events are so funny? Then after that, I thought the storylines were becoming wayyyy to fangirl serviced....==

hahaha it's really look fun!!!
Spoiler

#20 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

Spoiler

Lol now you make me want to play form a strogest team game, just want to hear Atobe scream XDDD

and yeah after Rush&Dreams the game is more of a fan service. They make the guys look softer so it looks like more bishounen than ever...

Spoiler

Sure if you stumble playing this game you could ask again, hope I can help you there ^__^

Actually if you do it more than enough you'll eventually get the hang of it... and probably will enjoy playing it and later if you are good enough you'll find yourself blaming your partner that he sucks playing tennis XDDD

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance