Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

I realize we started talking about this game in another thread, but I think it's good enough to warrant a thread of its own. I just bought the game yesterday after trying out the demo, and it's a lot of fun! Heavy Rain is basically like a highly interactive movie/vn. The whole game flows like a movie, even when you're in control of the character. It's like a visual novel because you have to make choices, and those choices effect different things, and inevitably your ending. The interactive part of the game (which is basically the whole game) is a lot of fun, and requires good timing. You can do things from brushing your teeth to dodging someone who is trying to kill you, all while quickly pressing different buttons. Believe me, it's a lot more fun than my explanation >< The game is very plot based, and it's only downfall really is that it's quite short.

Has anyone else played this game? (I know some of you have from the other thread). What are your thoughts on it?
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#2 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:36 AM

Posted Image

I think I've already made my serious love for this game clear in the other thread, so I'll just say this...

Norman Jayden is awesome.

#3 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:18 AM

norman jayden is cool!

the game felt a little clunky when the characters move...and there's a whole Sims feeling to it. the story is engaging though, and very good scene/dialogue planning. i like to listen to the thoughts and try out different paths. it's like a visual novel...no, movie game. read all the endings...didn't get the best one in my first playthrough.

#4 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Those darn tank controls made me seriously rage at first, but before long I was used to it and was performing complex actions like it was second nature. I got a pretty good ending on my first playthrough but not the best, and I didn't even realize your characters were facing permadeath if you played poorly. It made my second go a little more tense actually, lol.

Spoiler

I was pretty amazed with how much I cared about the characters just by walking around in their shoes. And since their fates rests in the players hands it felt like an incredibly personal gaming experience. Can't wait for more DLC.

#5 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

I love Norman Jayden as well! He is probably one of my favorite characters now. Although I actually like all the characters in this game, which is rare. There's usually only one character I like, but everyone is pretty good in this game. Or is that because my choices make them that way? lol.

@Tamarei
I agree that some movements come off chunky if you do them too slow or fast. I also got the sims feel to it at some points with brushing my teeth or putting on clothes. Sometimes I forget to listen to their thoughts because I get too sucked into the moment and am afraid I will run out of time. Not sure which ending I will get because I have yet to beat the game. I'm going through it very slowly lol.

@Savvy
The controls really got to me at first as well, but now they aren't too bad. Although occasionally my brother still laughs at me when I shake the controller crazily for certain actions, for some reason the motion doesn't always go through >< I know that the characters can die since the info says if they die you can continue. But I completely agree, I'm more attached to the characters than I thought:

Spoiler

Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#6 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

Are this game is that good?
It seems interesting, but i not quite get the stories yet.
*thinking how good them, and will decide to buy it later*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance