IPBoard Styles©Fisana

Photo

Legend of Zelda

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Legend of Zelda (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you a fan of the series?

1. Yes (12 votes [92.31%])

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

2. No (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. What is Legend fo Zelda? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Which Link do you prefer?

1. Toon Link (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. MatureLink (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

3. Child Link (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

4. Original Link (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Who's Link?? (0 votes [0.00%])

For future Zelda games, which do you think would help the series?

1. Voice acting: Everyone but Link (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

2. Voice acting: All characters (2 votes [7.69%])

3. HD (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

4. More gore and realism in battle (2 votes [7.69%])

5. Link in the future (2 votes [7.69%])

6. New hero: not Link and has no relation to Link and does not look like 'a Link' (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Can I date Link? (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Milk_n_Flour

Milk_n_Flour

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Games, manga, books, music, baking, traveling, world news, philosophy, science and technology.
  • Who I fangirl over:Suzuka Kazuma, Gyokuryuu, Saeki Teru, Atori Mahiro

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

I was so surprised when there wasn't a topic about Legend of Zelda.

Maybe there aren't many fans of the series in this forum. I just wanted to know how many Zelda fans are there and some opinions.

My favorite game is definitely Ocarina of Time, it was my first Zelda game when I was 12 and I was hooked. From then on I played almost all the recent titles and hopefully I'll get my hands on the older titles.

However, I love the art of Twilight Princess and I don't hate Toon Link. I think Toon Link is really cute and his character is appealing.

I also don't think Link should have a voice, it'd ruin the series. Everyone else shouldn't speak either because that'd be weird. Why do Hylians speak Japanese, English or what ever language. Hylians should speak Hylian, so maybe they can speak gibberish (like Simlish) for dramatic effects. If Link spoke English, I'd puke.

(Thinks of CDi Link...)

If you liked Okami, you should try a Zelda game. Makers of Okami are Zelda fans :) .

Polls are fun anyways. Do I get to vote first? I'll do it anyways :P
"Shut up and just follow me" - DBSK fan service :)

#2 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:XD

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

I have twilight princess, but I never managed to finish it...

I actually love Toon Link, so much that I voted for him in the poll~ xD ...I played Phantom Hourglass and it was really fun. I liked how they incorporated the DS features into the game (like yelling at one type of monster in order to kill it)

I have yet to get the new DS game though x_x
Please click me! :3

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

*swoon*

I play tons of games, but none of them has me as obsessed as the Zelda series.

The first one I played was actually a Link to the Past, but I wasn't all that interested and didn't play past the first dungeon. I remember when my Dad got me Ocarina of Time for Christmas when I was thirteen, I was like "Uh gee, thanks...". But it wasn't long before I was utterly hooked, and by the time I completed the game I had to concede that Ocarina of Time was the greatest game I had ever played. Though it was Mario 64 that really got me into gaming in the first place, it was Zelda that made me a gamer, and one of my main inspirations as a game designer. Hell, I even first started sketching regularly by just drawing pictures of Link from the strategy guide.

I've played countless games since then, many of them much more complex with much better graphics, but I still consider Ocarina of Time to be the greatest game ever made. Considering that the game won the "Best. Game. Ever." contest last year at gamefaqs, and is regularly at the top of greatest games lists, I'm obviously not alone in that sentiment.

I've made a point of playing every Zelda game made since then (with the exception of the CD-i games obviously), and the series consistently offers gaming of the highest quality, with each entry having its own special charm. I even liked Link to the Past once I went back and gave it a chance. The first two Zelda games are murderously hard though, and I have to admit that I never actually beat them. I did beat the rest of them though, and loved them all. Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask are probably my favorites out of the rest of the series.

#4 Hanayuki

Hanayuki

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:A lot of guy XD

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:00 AM

Awww~~
I have so many good memories about those games!

The first time I played a Zelda game, I didn't have a clue about what I was playing and I didn't know what to do... so I couldn't even reach the first dungeon. Some time after, I knew it was A Link to the Past because my brother received it for Christmas. When he gave me his SNES, it was the only game I played again and again.

Now, I own almost every Zelda game (the only one I don't have is Link's Awakening and the 3 CD-i ones that I don't consider as Zelda game) and I even have two of those games in more than one copy! I didn't played them all (I only played the ones on portable system and A Link to the Past XD) but I always enjoy watching when my boyfriend plays ^^

That makes me think, I still haven't finished Spirit Tracks (I'll do it when I'll have more time XD hahaha)

The Zelda games serie, since I discovered it, holds a very important place in my heart =D

#5 Milk_n_Flour

Milk_n_Flour

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Games, manga, books, music, baking, traveling, world news, philosophy, science and technology.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

I haven't gotten my hands on Spirit Tracks yet, but I loved the opening theme. It's so cute and catchy.

I Love trains too :)

Ocarina really does rock the world LOL

#6 Harroe

Harroe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, all HnK/CnK cast, Jade Curtiss, and Duke(Tales of Vesperia).

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

The first game I played from this series was Ocarina of Time. Before that I had been playing Mario64 and Donkey Kong. Ocarina of Time was definitely me favorite and it had a whole different feel to it. Ever since I played that game, I would seek out other games with that style of game play(no wonder I love Okami). Later Twilight Princess came out and made me really happy all over again. I really enjoyed playing Link as a wolf and roaming all around the beautiful world. I've never played the cartoon Link games because the art puts me off, but I've heard the plots are good. I might still try them later.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

My livejournal: Ticking Clocks and Patting Rain
I put my scans, art, and other stuff here.

#7 Milk_n_Flour

Milk_n_Flour

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

Looks like so far everyone likes Link as he is.
I wonder what makes his character so time enduring :?:

#8 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

Oh, Zelda, now that's a game that brings back memories^^ I played some of the original nintendo zeldas, but Ocarina of Time by far was the absolute best. I loved that game so much. I also like the mask one (forget the name) the game out for the N64 after it as well. I loved being able to wear the different masks and have different abilities. I only played half way into the Twilight Princess, because I was disappointed it wasn't supposed to be the original Link but an ancestor or something. Overall, Zelda is one of those gaming classics that sticks with you forever^^
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#9 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

i love zelda. games i played with link in them: twilight princess, phantom hourglass, spirit tracks and super smash bros brawl. i don't like open-world action much, but zelda is one of the ones i like to play.

the new wii one is coming out this year. wooot!

#10 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:22 AM

Looks like so far everyone likes Link as he is.
I wonder what makes his character so time enduring :?:

<---(Seriously studied these concepts for game design major.)

There's a lot of appeal to silent heroes in video games, because the player can project whatever personality they want onto the character. If I want Link to be a nice guy, I can send him on a bunch of side quests to help people out. If Link is decided to be a jerk instead, then he bombs chickens. And if I think he has secret feelings for his horse Epona then, well you get the idea. The point is he never contradicts his actions with words, so his personality is whatever we want it to be.

But there's a lot of popular silent heroes nowadays, like Mario, Chrono, and Gordon Freeman, but none of them have the gravitas that Link does. A lot of this is because (other than the fact that he's really good looking) his character is based on a foundation of heroic archetypes. He always starts from humble origins, obtains the legendary weapon only he can wield, and saves the world from absolute evil. Add to that countless other archetypes as the series progresses with each game, and eventually Link becomes more than just a character, and instead of a symbol for good, resurrected whenever a hero is needed. Ocarina of Time in particular follows the monomyth structure nearly to a T, which is one of the reasons why the game resonated so strongly with most people who played it.

Spoiler

But I'm actually just making this all up off the top of my head and really have no idea what I'm talking about.

#11 Doriinatrix

Doriinatrix

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shinji Ikari, Van Fanel, Nozomu Itoshiki, Simon the Digger

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:18 AM

Ayy, beautiful post Savvy.  I hope to one day be as articulate as you.

And I also believe the Zelda games are amazing.  I haven't played one in a while (haven't picked up Spirit Tracks because I haven't beat Phantom Hourglass...), but it's still one of my favorite game series.  I honestly haven't beat most of them, and I've yet to play the Oracle of Seasons/Ages games though.  Incidentally, I think the cutest Link is the one from Oracle games.
Posted Image
^Personal Blog^

#12 Milk_n_Flour

Milk_n_Flour

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

Savvy, that was great!

So there really is a triforce-like concept behind a good game :)

#13 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

Hey thanks. I'm always worried I'll come off as a pretentious know-it-all when I make a post like that, but I just really like both mythology and the Zelda series. So I'm glad you both enjoyed my post.

#14 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

i like silent heroes too! thus i loved suikoden 1, 2 and 5! silent heroes FTW!

halfway through spirit tracks now. i wonder if there'll ever be a game where zelda and link develop a proper romance...

#15 CatMuto

CatMuto

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kijyou, Hikami

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

Ocarina of Time.
Another game I watched my brother play when he got it for the N64 (wow .. how long was that ago?) and I played it later, too. Never very far because I screamed when I saw Arghog .. the Spider-Boss from the Deku Tree and screamed when skeletons appeared in the Hyrule Field at night. And I don't think I ever managed to finish the Jabu Jabu Boss .. So when we got the Gamecube version for it, I used cheats to have the stones so I could get ON with the game. Downside was, I had the entire thing, the medallions and such.

I played Majora's Mask on an emulator, but I didn't like the fact that I had a constant time limit and I screwed up via cheats in my first playthrough that I was unable to knock the Ocarina out of the Skull Kid's hand during the first meeting.

My brother bought the Gold Edition of Wind Waker and we loved playing that, although - once again - I had trouble with the third-dungeon boss. I was unable to even get into that thing myself! So I just watched my brother play it, then spent my time getting the Nintendo Gallery figurines.
Recently, I finally finished the game. It's really a fun and cute game.

Twilight Princess!
I got that game myself and immediately set to work on playing it. Oh, Link looked so hot .. and the graphics were wonderful! And, finally! A third-dungeon boss that I WAS able to defeat without too much trouble! It's one of my fave Zelda games, but the Twilight Palace creeps me out .. it just plain scares me to have a HAND following me around all the time. Argh!
Also kinda connected with bad memory as my mom, complaining about how one of my windows always had the blinds down, pulled the blinds up, the sunlight hit the screen and I could barely see anything and the goddamn hand took the Sol just before I got out ..

I tried playing the DS Games on emulator, but back then the emulator was so slow that I gave up. I saw a playthrough of Spirit Tracks, though. Fun game .. trying the same with Phantom Hourglass but it's so boring .. Also went for Link to the Past, but I screwed up. I wasn't able to get the Moon Pearl before I was forcefully sent to the Dark World. So I had to return, grab it and was then stuck on the mountain in the Dark World ..

C-A

P.S: Never played the CD-i games, but I hear a lot of bad things about them. I am missing something good?

#16 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

Ah...the LoZ series. I love these games since childhood! ^^

The Legend of Zelda - I played this on GCN with the LoZ: Collector's Edition, but I never finished it. I think I got through about 6-7 bosses before I got completely lost and haven't touched it since I lost my savefile on my memory card. Fun for an old-school game, but since this wasn't the first LoZ game I've played, I was feeling too spoiled and wanted better weapons and gameplay *coughocarinaoftimecough*.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - I didn't enjoy playing this 2D scrolling game, so I didn't get very far. I think I stopped playing after the first or second boss. This game felt totally off from the series, so it didn't feel like a great loss to not finish playing it.

A Link to the Past - Probably my favorite 2D LoZ of all time. I think this was the first game that got me hooked on the series, and one of the few of which I actually perfected my savefile. I played and beat this game several times until my SNES finally died, lol. Couldn't get enough of it. I was really disappointed that this game wasn't included in the GCN Collector's Edition disc though.

Ocarina of Time - MY FAVORITE LOZ, PERIOD. I love practically every thing about it: the story, the gameplay, the characters, etc. I've played this on my N64 and later in the GCN Collector's Edition disc, and could never get enough of it. Perfected my savefiles on both systems, lol. I wish I could get my hands on the Master Quest Edition... :(

Link's Awakening - Not a favorite, but a fun game nonetheless. Not much else to say other than having perfected my savefile on this game.

Majora's Mask - As a sequel to OoT, I thought it was a fun game. The only things that really aggravated me were the time resets, and having to catch every event at the right time. I did perfect my savefile on this, but it was also the first time I had to use a strategy guidebook to get it done, lol.

Wind Waker - I only played bits and bits of it, namely as a demo on GCN Collector's Edition and at stores. I never got to play the game in its entirety yet. At first I was sorely depressed in the change of graphics, but the demo taught me otherwise. ^^ It's still on my to-play list.

Twilight Princess - I love this game a lot too, almost up to par with OoT. I haven't finished it yet because my Wii broke last year, but I just recently got a new one a month ago. I left off at Sky Temple. ^^; I think Link looks amazing in this game, and he just keeps looking better in each game down the road. (Ironically, I don't really care for how Link looks in Skyward Sword...)

I haven't played all the games yet (specifically the ones with Toon Link, but I'll get to those eventually!). Random: I used to play Link as one of my top 3 characters Super Smash Bros. and SSB Melee. Sadly I can't say the same for Brawl, since Zelda replaced him in my top 3 lol.

#17 CatMuto

CatMuto

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Kijyou, Hikami

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - I didn't enjoy playing this 2D scrolling game, so I didn't get very far. I think I stopped playing after the first or second boss. This game felt totally off from the series, so it didn't feel like a great loss to not finish playing it.

Link's Awakening - Not a favorite, but a fun game nonetheless. Not much else to say other than having perfected my savefile on this game.

Twilight Princess - I love this game a lot too, almost up to par with OoT. I haven't finished it yet because my Wii broke last year, but I just recently got a new one a month ago. I left off at Sky Temple. ^^; I think Link looks amazing in this game, and he just keeps looking better in each game down the road. (Ironically, I don't really care for how Link looks in Skyward Sword...)

Zelda II .. wasn't that the one game where LinkxZelda was turned to canon and he had to kiss her to wake her up? I seem to remember reading that .. I don't I finished that one myself, it was rather .. well, I'm spoiled with games and that Zelda just didn't live up to my par.

Oh, Awakening! I played that on the VBA Emulator saveing and loading all the time to prevent myself from dieing to have Ma .. Mar .. Marlin? .. to change into a seagull and not disappear. I think I got four or five instruments, then gave up because I got bored.

Ah, Twilight Princess .. isn't the Sky Temple Dungeon SO annoying?
I remember my first playthrough (my only entire playthrough - again, the Twilight Palace creeps me the f*ck out) and I had everything, I was unable to get past the fans I had to hookshot myself to and fro.
Turns out I hadn't pulled that ceiling-egg to make them move ..
Okay, I've seen a video on YT now that you CAN get to the boss without them rotating and believe me I TRIED beforehand, but I never made it. Urgh, I had to go through the entire temple again for that one little mistake ..

Oooooh, Link was my main-char in SSB!
And I still played him alot in Melee, but I went more for Zelda.

Wait, what, does Link look bad in the new Sword one?
I don't really care for it, as I hate the Wii ..

C-A

#18 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

Wait, what, does Link look bad in the new Sword one?
I don't really care for it, as I hate the Wii ..

Not "bad" as in bad graphics, I just don't like the new look he's sporting. When I looked at screenshots of Skyward Sword, there seemed to be less detail in his clothing, and in exchange the colors are more vibrant than in Twilight Princess. His pants changed from his usual leggings/stocking-like to "poofy" pants (think of Marth and compare his SSBB self to his Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon self; it's similar to that). :( I wish they could kept his TP concept art...

#19 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

So Ocarina of Time is going to be released on the 3DS soon, and it includes the Master Quest and special boss modes along with updated textures. There's something to be said about me wanting a 3DS entirely for a remake of a thirteen year old game, but not even the loads of new games have me as excited as OoT. I JUST LOVE THE GAME SO MUCH! :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance