#21 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:24 AM

@LITEWOLF
LOLOL I RAN BEFORE, BUT IT PHAILS SO MUCH SO IM LIEK WTFBBQ TO THE HELL WITH RUNNING LOL. I START TO HATE MY AVATAR CAUSE HE LOOKS SO ROFL LOL.

AND YEAH I LIEK THE OP SONG, IT'S SO AWESOME, I DON'T CARE EVEN IF IT'S JUST THE LOL!INSTRUMENTAL VERSION.

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#22 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

@Savvy
Thanks for the info on Heavy Rain^^ I've heard that it's really good. Although I think I'll rent it since it's short right? How are the endings to it? I realize that there will be some bad ones, but as long as there is one good ending I'm happy^^

@litewolf
I realize I'm a bit late but Congratulations on finally getting a PS3 and HDTV^^ What size TV did you get? As for Eternal Sonata, it's still pretty easy to get in the States, but as for Italy I'm not sure. You could just get from playasia or yesasia. But lol, I agree with KAPSLOCK that it's more of a game you want to rent. The end kind of made me go bleh~ LOL.

By the way, do you guys think WKC is worth renting? I'm thinking of getting a gamefly account again and renting all these games that are coming out, because otherwise I'll be poor >< Did anyone else hear that WKC is the first game in a trilogy?
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#23 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Thank you~ We got a 32', size is a problem since it has to fit in a specific place but I'm really happy with it, the moment I plugged the PS3 with HDMI I didn't want to get away from it so beautiful it looked XD

I heard of WKC being a trilogy after getting the game and it rally shows since the ending will leave you hanging ^^;; I cleared the story mode in about 25 hours, now I'm left with questing and levelling up ==;
I think I will try asking the store about Eternal Sonata since I saw they have it avaiable on their site I hate talking with salepeople ; ;, probably tomorrow since today I went to pikc up my limited of FF13 and was welcomed with the news that the PS3 limited will go on sale tomorrow TAT

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#24 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

@Savvy
Thanks for the info on Heavy Rain^^ I've heard that it's really good. Although I think I'll rent it since it's short right? How are the endings to it? I realize that there will be some bad ones, but as long as there is one good ending I'm happy^^

You could probably beat it in one long stretch during the weekend, but because you can affect the story in so many different ways, you can end up with a really different experience for subsequent playthroughs. Like my second time around, I played one of the characters as a terrible father instead of the awesome dedicated one like my first run, and boy was he an incompetent failure. I've read that some people have had trouble sitting through the game a second time once they already know the basic plot, though having played it myself three times in a row without ever getting bored, I have a bit of trouble agreeing with this point of view.

There's four to six endings for each of the four main characters, and it took me about two weeks to see all the different outcomes and get all the trophies. There's some perfectly wonderful endings, and some really terrible ones that are seriously :shock:. I really loved the game though, and I'm looking forward to the DLC chapters the developer has promised. I always try to buy new for different games like this, so I can vote with my money so to speak in hopes that the developer makes more games of this kind.

#25 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

@litewolf
That's a nice size^^ Yeah, finding somewhere to put these big TV's is a real pain, but it's so worth having because it really makes the PS3's graphics reach their full potential. Have you watched any blue-ray movies on it yet? Ever since I got the PS3, all I do is buy blueray movies lol.

Ah yeah, I heard that it had a bad cliff hanger ending as well, which is why I'm skeptical about buying it. Overall, what did you think of the storyline? Worth at least a rent?

What? They actually have a limited edition of FFXIII? I've been looking to see if they'll have one, but they only have limited edition guides here :/ Let me know what you think of FFXIII's plot when you're done^^ Since most people seem to be just reviewing based on graphics and the battle system ><

@Savvy
That's good to know. I'll probably keep it as long as it takes to get all the good ends. I think it's cool that you change that much about them though. And I don't think I'll get bored because lol, I play visual novels over and over again all the time for the small differences. I think VN's are harder for the western population to sit through though, since most people expect hard core action.

Thanks a bunch for the info^^ By the way, is there a Japanese voice option on this one? And I agree, it's always good to support the companies you like :D
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#26 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:54 AM

@Xeiran
I think WKC could be a hit or miss for you lol.
Graphic wise, only the scenery and the transformation effects are awesome lol. Well okay the models for monsters too, but characters rendering is just not up to FF quality. I guess if you wanna be really critical, you could say PS2 quality? LOL. That and like I said in another post, WKC is like FF13, lol, at least to me it is. They are very similar, so if you're tired of FF13, maybe you could give WKC a try, since it has lol!online portion that you could at least interact with people 8D.

As for plot...well, litewolf once mentioned to me that there are some things you have to pay attention to, even during the party chat on the field to piece together some speculations. Though I must say some, or perhaps most of the plot devices are rly cliche. LIEK RLY RLY CLICHE. But hey, there are some lol!parts, so lol, if you don't mind spending a couple of bucks, then rent it. That said, the story itself (since it's a trilogy) requires some background reading. Like you have to go to the Japanese site to read the manga, and read the history blog to find out (or at least speculate) what happened in the past, it's fun if you know Japanese, but not so fun when you're totally clueless about the language. So there you have it lol 8D

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:03 AM

@Xeiran: still no movies, I think the moment I buy movies my mother would try to steal the PS3 from me and I have games to play first XDD

WKC plot is really cliche, but in a nice way? I think you could try renting and see yourself, as KAPSLOCK mentioned, there's a lot to speculate about (even without reading the manga though after hearing from KAPSLOCK it really adds to what you're hinted to in the game).

And yes, we EU for once got blessed and have a limited edition. It has OST, artbook, prints and a tattoo lol so I made very sure to reserve it as early as I could since they didn't mention the number of stocks.
EDIT: found a video showing the contents ->
EDIT2: THEY SHIPPED MY LIMITED OF FF13 TO THE WRONG CITY I WANT TO CRY BLOOD at least I found Eternal Sonata and Miles Edgeworth DS game T^T

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#28 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

@KAPSLOCK
I don't really mind graphics toooo much. As long as they are decent, like upper end quality PS2 for a PS3 game. But high end graphics are always a plus, especially when they are amazing like FF13. Lol there are so many flip flop/back and forth reviews on both WKC and FF13's plot. Usually I can discern if it's worth buying, but for both of these titles I can't tell. Thanks for the info on the plot^^ I'll go check out the Japanese site now. Too bad the international version of the game doesn't have Japanese voices, I thought it always had Japanese voices when they put international logo on it lol.

@litewolf
Hehe, then as soon as you beat your games you should try out some movies^^ I don't have the issue of my mom wanting to steal mine since it's out in the living room hooked up for everyone to use.

I don't mind cliched plot (aren't all plots cliched by now?), as long as it's executed well or interestingly. I'll check out that manga now that you've both mentioned it^^ Wow, that's cool :D Not fair, I want the nice limited edition >< LOl even though I'm not sure I'm buying the game yet or not. I'm sorry >< That's terrible :/ I've never had them send my stuff to the wrong place, but I have had them lose it, so I know how you feel. Well, I'm glad you at least found Eternal Sonata!

On a side note, I'm still debating if I should buy FF13 or wait until Resonance of Fate comes out here next week. I'll eventually buy/or rent both, just not sure which now. I'm leaning more towards ROF though, since it keeps the Japanese voices and I like that you can change the characters looks. Plus it got good reviews in Japan.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#29 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:28 AM

YEAH, it sucks that they don't have the option of choosing the Japanese voices lol. This doesn't mean the English voices are bad, the comedy parts are done quite well IMO, but lol, I just wanna hear how some parts were played in the Japanese to satisfy my curiosity.

I guess the good thing about WKC is that you get to have a crystal camera? LOL. You can take it around with you and take pictures of all things BBQ, though it sucks that you can't really zoom into your character too well, that and you can't use those pictures and send it to people who don't own this game (let alone sending it to others who own it). However, that being said, I think once you got the crystal camera and use it for scenery viewing, you'll see that this is probably just as good as FF13's lol (at least in my opinion it is hahaha). I think FF13 wins because it puts in a lot of sparkles, but rly pffft sparkles and glitters 8D.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

i'd wait for resonance of fate if i were you xeiran. you can always wait for a secondhand ff13 since it's only worth playing once. and the english voice acting is not bad except ONE. i am looking forward for the day kratos kills lightning.

sorry for the major hate.

anyways, eternal sonata's awesome and the same team created a new game called fragile dreams. it scored averagely, but i might get it anyway. tales of graces, where art thou?! arc rise fantasia and monster hunter tri coming out soon, need to save up~! anyone bought endless ocean 2?...probably not.

#31 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

i'd wait for resonance of fate if i were you xeiran.

Why wait for this? Is it a bad game? :sad:

I probably won't be able to play it any time soon anyway because the Dragon Age expansion will be arriving on my doorstep on Tuesday, but it still looks like one of the more interesting RPGs I've seen in recent years. I hope it actually is...

#32 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:13 AM

Why wait for this? Is it a bad game? :sad:

you misunderstand. what i meant is, i'd rather get resonance of fate than ff13. but then again, many people like games for the visuals, so it really depends.

#33 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

you misunderstand. what i meant is, i'd rather get resonance of fate than ff13. but then again, many people like games for the visuals, so it really depends.

Oh, lol whoops. FFXIII is indeed visually impressive, but I actually prefer the steampunk aesthetic of Resonance of Fate with all it's cogs and ironwork to the kind of generic fantasy/sci-fi look the FF series tends to stick with.

I'm still unsure whether to get it though, as there's only been a couple reviews so far and they're decidedly mixed. Eurogamer paints it as a unique but thoroughly challenging game, while GameInformer makes it seem more like a kind of failed experiment. I'm more inclined to believe the former though since GameInformer gave God of War III a perfect 10. Ew.

#34 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

tried ff13, god of war 3 and resonance of fate. i must admit, ff13 and god of war visuals are fantastic, but these 2 are games that i'd love to watch, not play. as for resonance of fate, it's a bit tedious, but looks fun. and yes, the steampunk setting is awesome. old-school rpg FTW!

#35 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

Alright, I took a small break from FFXIII and started playing a couple hours of Resonance of Fate, and the gameplay feels like a strategy RPG. As in, kinda like Valkyria Chronicles except a little more intense, lol. Don't get me wrong, it's quite fun actually, but I'm going to saying this as a warning for those that absolutely hate sRPG. The battle mechanics take a while to learn (I'm still trying to experiment), because there's so many rules and aspects that you have to learn! (It makes learning FFXIII look easier.) It's hardly action oriented, and you have to plan your attacks based on strategy. Monsters don't attack you until you start attacking, which is a little similar to VC in a way.

#36 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

@KAPSLOCK
Yeah, I'm of the opinion that any game on the PS3 now should be full voice and have Japanese and English voice options. Blu-ray discs definitely have enough room for it. It's a little more understandable with the 360 because they (stupidly) are still using dvds and have less room. I'll probably play WKC at some point, parts of it look really fun^^

@Tamarei
I'm leaning about 95% towards ROF, since like you said, FF13 is visually stunning but more something you rather watch than play. And in all honesty, graphics don't really matter too much to me. Not that FF13's aren't overly appealing^^ Have you played ROF yet? How is it?

@Savvy
Lol I always take professional critic reviews with a grain of salt. Since they are usually wrong on what I like, but tend to be helpful in knowing what the fighting mechanics are like (at least when they aren't being bias). I just wish the reviews would talk about the plot. Since in the end plot is most important. Usually Tri-ace games plot is enjoyable, even if it takes the side to make way for fighting mechanics.

@Nao-KoKi
What do you think of the characters and of the plot thus far? (For ROF that is). I've been playing strategy games for a long time, and Valkyria Chronicles was really fun for me. I like the mixture of the action and strategy. Do you recommend ROF?
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#37 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:49 AM

i played ROF for a bit only, since it was my friend's. but the hour i played in convinced me to buy that game whenever i get a xbox 360. i actually have a few RPGs that i want, but they're all cross-platformed now, so i was aiming for a ps3. ROF made me wanna buy a 360 baaaaad. i'm not keen on the young lad though, prefer the ponytailed hunk heh.

#38 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:26 AM

@Xeiran
If you thoroughly enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles and other sRPG, you'll probably like RoF then. Just be forewarned that the learning curve is pretty steep. Yeah, there's tutorials and stuff during the game, but it's not very easy to remember all the battle mechanics. Not saying it's hard to get by with some of the very basics (like scratch damage vs. direct damage), but let's just say it'll be more to your advantage to know more, lol. As for story, I can't really comment on it other than it being a bit slow, but heck, I found FFXIII a little slow in the beginning too. I'll get back to you on this one once I play more. ^^

@Tamarei
RoF is available on PS3 also, so if you still want the PS3, get it! :3 I was in a similar dilemma (with Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and Tales of Vesperia), but in the end I decided to settle with PS3. Good thing I did, because soon after buying a PS3 I was happy to see the games become cross-platformed with added features. (I just hope ToV will be announced for PS3 in NA...)

#39 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:25 AM

@Tamarei
Like Nao-KoKi said, you can get it on the PS3 as well. The same goes for FF13. Seems like they are cross platforming most games now. Although I don't care either way since I have both systems. I tend to lean towards getting everything on the PS3 though.

@Nao-KoKi
Thanks for the tips^^ I gave in and bought it yesterday. So far it's a lot of fun! The battle system is quite simple actually. I think the tutorial is what makes it complicated. I've been killing things way higher level than me without getting any damage done to my characters. The best way to go about fighting is to always kill the leaders first. What I've seen for plot so far is definitely enough to keep me interested, though I agree they don't really give you a whole bunch if you aren't just going for story missions. I find it sort of difficult to level up though since I only like certain characters using certain weapons and you need them to switch it around to actually level up.

To anyone else using the Japanese voices:
Did you guys notice that their translations seem pretty off in certain spoken areas? I mean commercial translations are always not quite on but during certain points I found that my mind translated it completely different from what I was reading. I'm almost tempted to turn off the subtitles.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#40 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

RoF will be on ps3?! omg that's wonderful news indeed! screw the 360, ps3 here i come! and no, i won't be getting ff13 fabula, but i may get ff13 versus. i'm a sucker for romeo/juliet stories lol

valkyria chronicles and disgaea 3 will be the first games i get for the ps3. i love RPGs and SRPGs. will be getting ToV if it comes out, maybe star ocean. as for eternal sonata, i played half of the 360 one and watched the ending, so i doubt i will play it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance