Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

Has anyone else noticed that there are a lot of PS3 and Xbox360 RPG titles coming out within the next couple of months/have come out recently? I'm talking about English releases, most were already released in Japan a couple of months ago. I'm curious if anyone else is looking into these games, and which you guys will buy, because I don't know which I want to get! Here's the list of what I'm looking at, and the RPGS that are coming out soon/have just recently come out.

PS3 Only
Star Ocean: Last Hope International(Just recently released. There is a Star Ocean: Last Hope on the 360 as well, but it doesn't have Japanese voices like the one for the PS3. I have 360 version, so I don't think I'll buy it again. But Kishio Daisuke as the lead is tempting!)

White Knight Chronicles (I heard this game is a part of a trilogy, anyone else hear about this? Also, it's already out)

Last Rebellion (I really wanted this game until I read the reviews in Japanese. They say it could be the worst game of 2010. But I still think it looks good. Probably won't buy now though).

Heavy Rain (I know it's not pure RPG, but it still looks good^^)

Xbox 360 Only
Mass Effect 2 (Released recently. This game is really good! I recommend it. Although you probably want to play the first one first)

Record of Agarest War (Have no clue what this one is about ><)

Coming out for both
Final Fantasy XIII (I don't know if I want to get this or not. It only got a three out of five on Amazon.jp and there were quite a few that didn't like the storyline. Can anyone talk me into it? lol)

Resonance of Fate (AKA: End of Eternity in Japan. This game got a 4 out of 5 and from what I read sounds very good. On the top of my buy list)

Dragon Age Origins: Awakening (Expansion pack to the first DA)

Nier (Not RPG but warrants buy list lol)

If anyone else as any to add just let me know and I'll add them. If you guys have played any of these in Japanese and can give your opinion on them, I would love to hear it! Too many to buy! Also, if you would like info on a particular game, I can give you a basic synopsis of what I know of them.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#2 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

Eh, I'm sorry I can't be of help with this (doesn't follow 'normal' game release news, only otome game news XD), but since my family has recently acquired a PS3, I've some enquires on the games too.

Does anyone know of any to-be otome game releases for PS3? I highly doubt it, but it's always good to ask.
Otherwise, are there any non-3D games for PS3 with an entertaining (i.e. not hardcore shooter games) storyline? If it's 3D, and you can rotate your perspective, I'll get a major headache (perpetual motion sickness sufferer).
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#3 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

Well, sadly Ar Tonelico 3 will be for PS3 too. Ups, I see it should been already released in Japan on the 28.January 2010. I wonder if NIS will translate it.

#4 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Seems I reached the point where they are too many ...

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

Does anyone know of any to-be otome game releases for PS3? I highly doubt it, but it's always good to ask.

Hakuoki in his latest port so that we get glorious blinking eyes and moving lips lol sorry, say what you want but I think a PS3 port is pointless just to get blinking eyes, we got those on NDS since ages ago

FF13 and Resonance of Fate are totally on my list (and I still don't have a PS3 nor a HDTV! XD)

Support your bishie, join today the Save Our Bishies (SOB).

And while you're at it, Save Our Seiyuu (SOS).

Posted Image

Selling some goods and I accept offers

#5 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

This is just like my must buy/playing now list of games. Kudos to your excellent taste!

Mass Effect 2 has been my personal obsession for the past few weeks. The focus on the characters instead of some random mcguffin to drive the plot makes it a much more personal experience than the first one. And I like Thane way too much... Dragon Age dominated my gaming time for the last couple of months of 2009 though, so I'll definitely be getting the expansion as soon as it comes out. I'm thinking of just selling my soul to Bioware.

The other game I've been hooked to lately is Bayonetta. Not an RPG, but she's just plain awesome to play as and the fast paced button mashing is fun I can get on board with.

Heavy Rain will be my next purchase. I loved Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy and its whole gameplay style, and this one's basically the spiritual successor. I downloaded the demo off of the PSN, and the tank controls a la early Resident Evil were a bit annoying, but all detailed little things I could do was enough to make me look past that. I'll enjoy spending time with it before Resonance of Fate comes out. FFXIII was going to be a must buy for me, but a lot of little details I've been hearing (no towns, no world map, Lightning isn't really the main character WTF) have really dissuaded me from it. Maybe later when there aren't so many other games to play I'll get it.

One other game I've been considering is Demon Souls. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I'm not really interested in co-op or online gaming and I'm not sure how central it is to the game. Does anyone have any insights on this one?

Otherwise, are there any non-3D games for PS3 with an entertaining (i.e. not hardcore shooter games) storyline? If it's 3D, and you can rotate your perspective, I'll get a major headache (perpetual motion sickness sufferer).

That's a tough one there. The extreme processing power of the PS3 makes a lot of developers want to make a huge flashy 3D world for every game they make, so a lot of 2D stuff has been sidelined to the handheld consoles. Little Big Planet might do it for you, but it's more about fun gameplay than an interesting story.

#6 otaku_duckie

otaku_duckie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:manga anime bishie and drawing
  • Who I fangirl over:Len, ace, blood, ren

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:03 AM

omg Mass effect is the awesomeness! I don't have it but I've watched my friend play it and it's amazing!

Okie I went to one of my gaming sites

they said heavy rain is good

they said white knight chronicles is boring but i wouldn't take they're word for it cuz they tend to hate j-rpgs

As for FF XIII, i don't think i want to buy it. I've seen some footage where the camera turned into your worst enemy! You couldn't even see the enemy behind lighting because the camera was too focused on other action, and the camera does some weird zoom outs but this was all in the demo version so they might have fixed those problems.

off topic:
Funny fact, nomura said he based Sazh off of Lionel Richie, hehe chocobo in his afro! XD so cute.
Visit my D.A page
my name is I-am-miss-duckie
Some of my work is below.
Spoiler

#7 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:15 PM

'tis so sad that not many peeps have the wii, as their lineup for 2010 is awesome.

nonetheless, i'm a big fan of bayonetta too! awesome gameplay and cheeky humor make it unique. your title doesn't state RPGs only, so here's a list of cool non-rpg games this first quarter that may appeal to action-lovers:
God of War 3 (ps3)
darksiders (dual-plat)
dante's inferno (dual-plat)
alien vs predator (dual-plat)

so many games yet so little time & cash!

#8 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

@ Tamarei

I've heard somethings about Alien VS Predator which kept me from buying the game. The singleplayer campaigns are only an hour each, and the multiplayer is basically borked. No dedicated servers, only 12 player games, and the races are unbalanced. The Predator is overpowered compared to the Marine and Alien.

As for me, I don't own a PS3/360, but I keep on eye on the games. I play Dragon Age on PC, along with Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. I prefer Dragon Age, but ME2 was such an improvement from the first game. I'm also very excited for DA: Awakening, despite all the uproar on the forums about DLC not carrying over and no romances. I've also heard good things about Demon's Souls.

-Heavy Rain
-Fallout: New Vegas (PS3/360/PC)
-Alpha Protocol (PS3/360/PC)
-FFXIII

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#9 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

LOL XEIRAN, YOU FORGOT NIER REPLICANT FOR PS3 HAHA.

THAT BEING SAID, NIER REPLICANT (THE INTERVIEW IN DENGEKI PS "SEEMS" INTERESTING LOL), HEAVY RAIN (THIS ONE GOT PRETTY GOOD REVIEWS FROM THE DEMO WITH THE JAPANESE AS WELL), END OF ETERNITY (WAITING FOR THE ENGLISH VERSION TO SEE HOW THEY'RE GONNA TRANSLATE THE LOL), AND TRINITY: ZILL O'LL ZERO (SARRY, ZILL O'LL FAN) WILL BE ON MY LIST.

AND LITEWOLF, REMEMBER TO GET ETERNAL SONATA! IT'S WUNDARFUL CAUSE CHOPIN IS AWFULLY HONEST WITH EVERYONE THAT I ROFL'D HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. IT'S LIEK WHENEVER HE SPEAKS YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF HIM. 8D 8D 8D

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#10 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

I've got all three consoles and a monster gaming PC. But I work in the American gaming industry so I'm more than a little enthusiastic about the medium.

I've got my issue of Game Informer here with me today, and they've got reviews for quite a few games mentioned. A brief summary...

Mass Effect 2 - 9.75 - The game is freaking awesome.

Aliens vs. Predator - 5.75 - The game is broken and THE AI NEVER LOOKS UP.

Final Fantasy XIII - 9.25 - A great RPG but not really a Final Fantasy game.

White Knight Chronicles - 7.25 - Fun MMO style multiplayer, if a bit generic.

Heavy Rain - 9.5 - REDEFINES VIDEO GAME STORYTELLING, but slow pacing is not for everyone.

-Fallout: New Vegas (PS3/360/PC)

This game will be my end of the year extravaganza. With the great writers behind Fallout 1 and 2 working on this game over at Obsidian and the huge open landscape of Fallout 3 already in place, I'm hoping for the best of both worlds.

-Alpha Protocol (PS3/360/PC)

I love Obsidian Entertainment. But when they make a game where you completely put yourselves in the shoes of the player character and control their every action but don't give you the option to play as a freaking girl, it makes me sad.

#11 Xeiran

Xeiran

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Location:On some island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Bishounen~
  • Who I fangirl over:Do I have to choose?~

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:33 AM

@chemistry
The only otome game I know is coming out for it is Hakuouki like Litewolf mentioned. Although I doubt it's worth getting, unless they add a bunch of other content. Other than that, there aren't many dating sim games at all for the PS3, even BxG. For non 3D games, Ar Tonelico 3 comes to mind. Also, I'm not sure if this game allows you to rotate cameras, but Rorona no Atelier may interest you, since it's not a hardcore shooter and you play as a girl. I haven't played it yet though.

@Riven
I'm pretty sure they will translate it, as they have translated the other two and they did pretty well with the sales. Although I'm not buying until after I read reviews this time. The bugs in the second game really irritated me for a game I bought. Especially when they didn't even fix them ><

@litewolf
You have to get a PS3 and an HDTV! Lol, it's finally becoming worth while to own one. Before I was wondering when they would start releasing games for it and now a bunch of good ones are coming out^^

@Savvy
I thought Mass Effect 2 was awesome as well. Bioware is really probably my favorite game company. Thane is also my favorite as well. Along with Garrus.
I was also looking at Demon Souls, but I still haven't decided if it's going to be worth it or not. It got fairly high reviews in both the States and Japan. Heavy Rain really does sound good, especially if it's plot driven. My question with it, is how many hours of gameplay does it have? Generally plot driven games are a bit shorter (not talking about Visual Novels lol). Lol I have every system but the Wii, and a monster gaming computer as well. Although, for all the multiplatform games I'm going with the PS3 version. What about the rest of you?

@Tamarei
Yup, it's fine to state non-rpgs^^ Which is why I didn't limit it in the post, since I know people like other types of games as well. I just couldn't think of anything other than RPGs at the moment, since that's all I'm looking at. If I bought the action games I'm interested in as well, I'll go broke ><

@KAPSLOCK
Lol sorry, I thought just stating Nier would be enough, but don't worry I'll add that as well. But I forget which system replicant was on lol. Oh, and I forgot Zill'o Nill, since I was just thinking about English releases coming up. I'll have to add that as well :P It would be awesome if Koei brought that one over.

As for Fallout: New Vegas, I didn't add it because it won't be out until summer (so we don't have to worry about buying it at the moment lol), but it's definitely on my list.

For those of you getting Resonance of Fate, I have some news that may interest you. Supposedly it's supposed to have dual-audio, with the English audio being cut in half to have a Japanese full audio option. Ar Tonelico 2 anyone? Except that game cut the Japanese as well >< Here's some links with the info:

http://www.siliconer...l-voice-tracks/
http://scrawlfx.com/...japanese-voices

Another reason why the game is now on the top of my list. If only they would do that with FFXIII, I may think about buying it when it comes out. But as of right now, that's on my wait list.
Posted Image
~Sig made by Ayane~

Posted Image

#12 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

I getting ps3 recently.
Som i am thinking to get Star Ocean : Last Hope International, the graphic seems nice, and with that lead. I want it~!

But i think, FF XIII not that bad, i am playing it now (The Jap ver.) , and i think its quite good. I have no diffuclty with camera. But tha game play is quite hard T_T.

#13 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

i watched the ending of ff13 and it's enough to turn me off. guess i'll wait for ff13 versus.

heavy rain looks great. played a few chapters and it feels a bit like sims. waiting for monster hunter tri!

#14 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

Heavy Rain is fantastic. I got it the day it came out and couldn't put it down. Anyone who is a fan of visual novels, adventure games, or just story driven games in general should pick this one up. The first playthrough took me about seven hours, but I immediately had to play it again to see the different ways the story could unfold. There's no game overs, so the story continues on no matter what choices you make, even if some of the main characters get killed. I can't recommend this game enough.

#15 Harroe

Harroe

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, all HnK/CnK cast, Jade Curtiss, and Duke(Tales of Vesperia).

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:08 AM

Well I never replaced my broken Xbox360 because there aren't many games I want to play on it. However, with the recent games appearing, I've been seriously thinking of getting a PS3. Two games that really grab me are 'Star Ocean: Last Hope International' and 'FFXIII'. Besides, 'FFXIII Versus' will also be on the PS3 so it seems like a good decision.

I'm hoping that either this month or sometime in April 'Tales of Vesperia PS3 version' will be announced for the US(the whole reason I owned the Xbox360) along with 'Tales of Graces'. With all these games, I'd be one happy person.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

My livejournal: Ticking Clocks and Patting Rain
I put my scans, art, and other stuff here.

#16 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

Well I got my PS3~ Too bad the HDTV will delivered on Monday so I'm killing my eyes on the old tv guess it's too old so the picture often tremble

Playing White Knight Chronicles (same old plot but it doesn't even try to be innovative, guess that's why I'm getting addicted to it) but most of all loving Toro Station!!! Just wish I could see old episodes for free T^T

Eternal Sonata: hunting it, maybe it's old so they don't keep it anymore? :/

FFXIII: pre-ordered the special edition *_*

Posted Image

#17 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

LOL LITEWOLF, GO RENT ETERNAL SONATA, I MEAN IT'S A GREAT GAME TO HAVE BUT LULZ IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT, GO EBAY OR RENT IT LOLOL. IM STILL STUCK AT THE DOLCE PIRATE SHIP LAWLS

P.S. I GOT A MIC NOW SO 8D...AS FOR KEYBOARD LOLOLOL.

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Nao-KK

Nao-KK

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:It will take me 3 days and 2 nights to name them all.

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

@litewolf: What region do you live in? I saw copies of Eternal Sonata available at Play-Asia and Amazon.com (I bought my copy at Amazon last month.) It's a fun game with decent plot, great mixture of soundtrack (Chopin music + new music = LOVE), and beautiful graphics. I thought the battle system was pretty fun too once you get the hang of it. :]

Btw, I was wondering if anyone could tell me...how is White Knight Chronicles? I've been wondering if the battle system gets too repetitive, or if the plot is decent enough, or if the online features are good. I've seen mixed reviews so I'm having a hard time deciding on whether to get this or Heavy Rain. (I've played the Heavy Rain demo, and although the concept and plot seems neat, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with that gameplay for long. I get bored easily when I can't do any real battling with enemies, lol.)

#19 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

@Nao-Koki
I forgot how many hours I was into the game, but lol, so far the plot is very blah? I mean it's got funny parts and stuff that'll make you go LULZWHUT, but in general, the plot is very "typical" and "ordinary" IMO. I mean, yes, you have to save the princess and all that crap, but some parts will just leave you going "UH WHY DIDN'T THEY DO [insert action]????".

That and I guess you simply have to ignore the fact that your avatar/character has little to no involvement with other characters in the game hahaha. Cause when I played it, I was like "OK IM GONNA MAKE MY AVATAR SOME HAWT GAI WITH WHITE HAIR!!!! WHITE KNIGHT YEAHHH!!!", but reality soon kicked in when I realized I'm just a co-worker of the hero who happened to tag along on his awesome journey to see how he saves the world. So if you don't mind that too much, then yeah it's all cool 8D. HOWEVER, the character creation is really awesome, lol, if you're a fan of those kinda things, do give it a try. And you know, I think the lol!thing that stood out for me is the party chat between the characters on the world map. Some of them are quite hilarious lol.

As for the online game play, just consider it as a "getting there" MMORPG. Cause the system is sorta "boring" since you're just waiting for your ATB to fill up and press circle/x. You could make your own combo, but lol it still goes back to spamming the circle button when your ATB fills up. That and no matter how far you are, the enemies could hit you (that is of course unless you're very far away lol), so no running away? lol.

Anyway, that's what I can think of right now lol

P.S. I think the game has naisu music, but lol from what I've read, some people think it sux? LOL. So 8D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 litewolf

litewolf

Nyu~

• Miko
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

@Nao-Koki: Italy so none of those two will ship to me ^^;; I guess I'll try another couple of stores, couldn't even find it second-hand ; ;

And WKC battle system as KAPSLOCK said it's boring, pick your action, wait the bar to be filled, press X the end ^^;; So if there are no demos around you might want to think very carefully...

@KAPSLOCK: YOU CAN RUN FROM ENEMIES LOL I do that everytime I just want to hit the goal without wasting time, just ruuuuuuun and never look back, the monsters don't go too far from their spawning area.
I love the chats, they're great, especially when you waste time around and they scold you because we have no time to waste lolol

WHO SAID THE MUSIC IS BAD, I LOVE IT, I LOOP THE OST. And whatever the internet says, the intro is good even without the lyrics ==;

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance