#1 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Diana Caprice

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:57 AM

For a couple years, there's been FAQs of the Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side games in English. But just today, I learned that there is a fan translation planned of the first TMGS game, for the DS, "Plus" edition: http://sites.google....okimemogs1/home

The site has quite a bit of data, and several sample screens. The site also promises that a proof-of-concept patch will be available in just a few weeks. I have no way to guarantee that will happen... but if it does, then I will be quite glad. Until then, browse the game's thread on GBATemp: http://gbatemp.net/i...howtopic=203145

In the past, other fans attempted to make translation patches of Tokimemo 1 for Super Famicom. No one got past the title screen. But if this group's screens are authentic, then they've surpassed all those other groups. And it would certainly be nice to play a TM game in English, rather than read an FAQ and try to figure out what's going on.

Since this is a translation of a DS game, there will be no way to use it with an actual cartridge.

#2 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:shiba katsumi!!, yatsuaki

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

OMG!!! If they can do that it would be really a big great new!!!!
Thanks for this news!! I'll be waiting for the upcoming news.

#3 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:JD & Jet; Androids and Artificially created men!

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

I usually hold my breath for all these otome game translations. So far there has only been two Yaoi games fan translated and 0 non-yaoi one. It would be nice to have them translated though, but until I see a 99% patch I'm not going to get too excited.

I do hope they finish. I have this gut feeling that all the ones that never get done hurt the prospects of getting a professional translation, because they see the fans as "not interested enough to care". :/
Posted Image

#4 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

Wai~!
Thanks for the news.
I hope they will success to translate this game.
It will be more enjoyable if this game can be translate to English (since not all people understand Japanese)/

#5 helldevil132

helldevil132

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:O__o

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:30 PM

Omg, this would be totally awesome whenever they release. I always just played and skipped through the dialouge. Only some parts would I understand or if I didn't I just listened to them talk. ;P

#6 miruki

miruki

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Koyasu Takehito

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:12 AM

I know there's a few ppl with knowledge of Japanese here, so... let me make a humble request:

We'd be really happy if there'd be others who'd like to help out with the translation! :) You can pm me here or sign up at the gbatemp site and contact jjjewel directly, either way is fine.

Some of the script files aren't even 3 sentences, but the vast amount of them (around 5000) makes us appreciate any help, however small it may be! Thanks! :)

#7 piccu

piccu

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:BISHOUNEN!!<br />Stalking my most favourite characters has become a big part of my life XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Wakaouji-sensei and Tsukimori~

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

This is a great and very promising translation project! While I can't help with translating, I wish you all the best of luck and I could maybe help as a game tester if I'm not too busy and once the project has reached that state.

currently playing: TokiMemoGS 2nd Season & HM: Tree of Tranquillity
Posted Image
My livejournal :D || My DeviantArt

#8 kyrie

kyrie

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:clavis

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:25 AM

Looks really good so far :D Hopefully you'll be able to finish since fan-translating really is a tiring and thankless job, moreover for such a huge game like TMGS. Anyway, just showing my appreciation and thanks for your hard work <3 I'd love to help but yeah... I don't think my rudimentary Japanese will be very useful >_<

#9 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

woot, a translation for the PLUS version! i played the chinese translation for the first version and loved it. without understanding the text, one would not be able to love MIHARA-SAMA~

thank you for your hard work~

#10 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for all the hard work :3 I'm testing it now, but I need some form of play guide.. I keep getting blue broken hearts when I molest guys ;-; and then told the date went so-so or horrible.

I'm willing to help this game come to fruition!
Posted Image

#11 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:42 AM

Maverynthia<< gamefaqs has a guide on which guy likes what area to be touched. usually, when the guy's status is normal, you don't touch too much or intimately. after a few successful dates, then you can touch everywhere. you can save before each date and if the answer you chose is not the best, reload. what you wear and where you go affects the lovepoints too.

#12 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:11 AM

Maverynthia<< gamefaqs has a guide on which guy likes what area to be touched. usually, when the guy's status is normal, you don't touch too much or intimately. after a few successful dates, then you can touch everywhere. you can save before each date and if the answer you chose is not the best, reload. what you wear and where you go affects the lovepoints too.

I'll look it up so I can test better.
(I really hate being forced to 'dress up' for guys in a game that was made for my gender :P. I hear the guys don't do such things in their games......... I only hope it's "wear the appropriate type of clothes, dress for a fancy restaraunt, warm clothes for snow.....")

SO far I still haven't found any problems..
Posted Image

#13 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

Yay! With another fan translation in the works, the chances that one of them will get done are getting better. ;-)

But seriously, this is fantastic news. This is the first one I've heard about that's translating a console game. And TokiMemo at that! A real trailblazer! I've had my eye on those guys for quite some time now, being able to acually play the game would be a dream come true.

I wish the translators all the luck in the world!

#14 unbrokenhours

unbrokenhours

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Games (RPG, sim, strategy, general, otome)
    -Drawing, reading, writing, Listening and Making Music
    -Anime, sports
  • Who I fangirl over:I realized what this means now. You? :)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:46 AM

If it's successful, it's going to be a looooong wait. I do look forward to it, but I never really get my hopes up for any translation project. I remember obsessing over other translation projects for over two years and I gave up on some. It's unhealthy for me, lol.

#15 kirbylover3

kirbylover3

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:My interests are anime and manga. (Obviously)<br /><br />-Going on the computer<br />-Listening to music<br />-Playing Otome games (they're addicting)<br />-Running
  • Who I fangirl over:EVERYONE

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:21 AM

Hurray! I've actually started playing the 2nd season one for the DS so this is like the cherry on top! will this translation be on a rom then??

#16 miruki

miruki

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Koyasu Takehito

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

Hurray! I've actually started playing the 2nd season one for the DS so this is like the cherry on top! will this translation be on a rom then??

A patch will be releases which you have to apply to a rom, so yes, the translation will only be playable with a rom, hence a flashcard is needed. On the google project page is a list with confirmed compatible flashcards.

#17 caddyalan

caddyalan

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Diana Caprice

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:23 AM

A partial translation patch for TMGS1 Plus DS has been released. Go to http://sites.google....okimemogs1/home and look for the downloads section. Be sure to read the FAQs if you're not sure how this works.

It's been about six months since this translation project started. Progress has gone from about 17% to 83%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance