• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

Since it just came out and i love this serie, i thought that doing a post for it would be a nice idea !

First, the official site :

http://www.mmv.co.jp...ory3/index.html

New features :
- You can now transform yourself in a golden sheep. ( because you're half a monster )
-Your children can have 3 different personnalities ( you have one randomly when he is born )
-You can decorate your house
-Your bride will come with on the battle field and fight with you, plus you will have powerful plants to help you too.
-Guest stars in this opus : Mei and Yue. ( from rune factory 2 )
Etc ...

The game is really cute, and i love the look of the hero. The town looks really lively, and the girls are voiced for some parts. they salute you when you 're near them , you can date them too now. They all have funny and different personnalities. So if you're a fan, please try this game, you won't be disappointed.
Posted Image

#2 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:XD

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

i really liked the 2nd game, but i still haven't finished it lol. so i must finish it before i get the third one...i couldn't decide who to take as a wife, XD

i wished one day there could be a true female protagonist like for harvest moon...
Please click me! :3

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

i wished one day there could be a true female protagonist like for harvest moon...

This.

I bought the first one, but because by that time I had been spoiled by the other Harvest Moon games that let me play as a girl I had trouble getting into it. It makes me sad because I really like the fantasy setting.

I also dislike the implication that because the game has fighting monsters instead of cute animals that girls wouldn't want to play it. :neutral:

#4 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

yeah i know what you mean,,, i really love the fantasy setting too- makes farming so much more interesting xD...fighting the monsters and trying to tame them were fun (reminded me of pokemon, lol). it also seems like the art is rune factory 3 improved a lot-> the girls are really cute D:, except some ppl keep complaining how the protagonist himself looks like a girl (and it doesn't help that his monster counterpart is an adorable sheep, orz)

i guess i can always look forward to harvest moon animal parade, i am waiting for the english release~ ^^

#5 PrettySammy

PrettySammy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Who I fangirl over::3 Glasses characters...

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:55 PM

I also dislike the implication that because the game has fighting monsters instead of cute animals that girls wouldn't want to play it. :neutral:

Well don't give up hope just yet - Harvest Moon had lots of games with only a male protagonist at its inception. I think that Rune Factory will catch on too. Then again, they seem to have a HUGE plethora of female love interests, so with Rune Factory 3, they probably focused on making really attractive female characters instead of splitting the focus with having to make male bachelors. :(

Oh well! There's always Rune Factory 4 I guess, lol. XD

#6 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Clavis, Genichirou Sanada , Renji Yanagi, Hanazawa Rui, Yunoki

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:28 AM

I think you're all a little unfair with rune factory games. Of course, i , too , would prefer to be a girl but well ... Since dating is not the main point of those games, who cares ?
I think the monsters point is a good alternative to the other games, because it brings more variety in your every day life as hero.

Plus i think that this game is mainly aimed for girls, even if you play as a boy. Why ? First, the look of the hero. Do you think that being able to transform yourself in a fluffy sheep would attract most of the boys ? :P
Second, the world is really , really cute. Somewhat like a Barbie world ( i think you will notice that you have lots of pink everywhere if you try it :P )

So i agree that i would have prefer to be a girl in the game, but well, not playing because you're a boy would be a pity because the game is really fun.
Posted Image

#7 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:44 AM

ah lol~ i wasn't trying to be unfair...i still like the game even with a male protagonist XD,,,i just think its a shame there are no bachelors because their art is pretty good, and their characters can be quite interesting XD

#8 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

The thing is, I grew up on boy player Harvest Moon games. Harvest Moon 64 was my first one, and may still be my favorite. But the character art in the Rune Factory series is so much prettier that when I came across a particularly drool-worthy shopworker (I think his name was Camus), I thought, "I want him! Oh wait...". *sigh*

#9 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:52 AM

I haven't finished rune factory 1, and now rune factory 3 is already released (T_T).
But i already see the screen shot. And the heroes seems more better than the previous series. I can't wait to try it.

And i like everyone, i hope they will make a girls side, or a choice to be girl in rune factory, just like haverst moon, coz they have nice art and game play.

#10 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

The thing is, I grew up on boy player Harvest Moon games. Harvest Moon 64 was my first one, and may still be my favorite. But the character art in the Rune Factory series is so much prettier that when I came across a particularly drool-worthy shopworker (I think his name was Camus), I thought, "I want him! Oh wait...". *sigh*

I don't remember the names very well, are you talking about the character in rune factory frontier who sells seeds? if its that one, i also wanted him to be capturable too XD

#11 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

Wow, I haven't finish playing Rune Factory 1 and now they already have Rune Factory 3.

over all I like the games of rune factory, remind me of legend of mana the first time I play it, I mean raising monster, gardening, making tools and going to caves...

I feel it's too bad that they didn't have girl version... I feel the same way as Savvy... Looking at the bachelor at Rune factory frontiers make me teary eyed that I could only "be friend" with them lol...

@Kuribo: could you please move the topic for Harvest Moon series to Harvest Moon thread and lol which Harvest Moon games that the bachelor look liek Ojisan?? The DS ones always have cute chibi chara.

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#12 kuribo

kuribo

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

oh sorry, forgot there was a harvest moon thread X_x (i just moved that message to the other thread, hope thats okay...)

ummm i didn't play all the harvest moon games, but in reply to your question, the one ds cute had like 3 oji-san XP...i think their names were carter, griffin, and gustafa. lol~ but maybe the games released after that were better. i didn't play them because ds cute scared me, lol. i guess i like the wii hm games better.

but back to RF, i haven't finish the first 2 games either. but i might skip to the 3rd one just because the gameplay looks improved. i wonder if its still just one save file? thats really what held me back because i couldnt decide which girls to take out for dates and stuff XD

#13 Faery

Faery

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

There are 2 save files in rune factory 3 :)

Ok since i play much more , i can talk about it better :

-They improved the dating part a lot ! You have several events for each girl, plus she is really "living". i mean, in the other RF , each girl had 2 or 3 sentences and that was all. Here, they bring you presents if they like you, come and visit your house, don't always say the same things ...It's really funny to see how some of them are trying to show you that they love you :P
I can't say about each girl since i only tried Ion and the cute mermaid ( Pelsia ) but i am satisfied on that point.

-About the weather : weather can change several times a day ( may rain several hours , then be cloudy , then tempest ...) but i was shocked to see how they changed the damage done by the tempest . For exemple, you may have 6 square ( 6 x 9 crops ) and the tempest erase everything ... and you can't reload, because it's completly random and change several time a day ... That point is depressing.

I didn't like as much RF2 as the first one, but the 3 has improved a lot.

And if someone needs it, it may help you :
http://game-pit.jp/wiki/rf3/
Posted Image

#14 Moe

Moe

ばか猫

• Hachiyo
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping... Like seriously...
  • Who I fangirl over:The guy from that game!!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:56 AM

@Faery: thanks for the info of Rune factory 3, I'm glad they make the chara more "living". coz I thought it was pretty dull the way they keep repeating the same lines over and over at RF 1. I was like "say you are cute but pliz say something else more intelligent and entertain me".

But Noo still 2 save files!! The one thing that I hate with RF/HM games is I couldn't make up my mind on whom to marry in the end... I want to see everyone reaction in marriage

@Kuribo: Yep that should do and LOL no wonder. DS cute chara is port from "It's a wonderful life" games for gamecube and limited edition for PS2 that first aim for guys. So lol you could guess why we don't have many good selection of bachelors.. but if you have GBA friends of mineral town, you could unlock the gaiz at Mineral town to aim at DS cute... Gray <333

but they really have no idea on what's attractive in harvest moon, I mean the secret chara guys in GBA "more friends of mineral town" is Won, gourmet and... Kappa... I mean seriously!! Kappa!! green baldy water demon to be your husband that never be seen at your house except at christmas or other event is just DDDD: the gaiz get the goddess!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

MNR otome game Love blossom Extended, the hidden truth!

Spoiler

Love blossom walkthrough if you ever need it
Videogames ruined my life... Thank God I'm a katz so I have lives to spare

Posted Image
HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY MNR

#15 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Game.
  • Who I fangirl over:TSUNA. TSUNA. TSUNA. GOD, I JUST WANT TO EAT THE BOY, LITERALLY OR NOT.

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

The English version is finally out =D I'm happy~ Though since all the bachelorettes are pretty and unique in their own way, making me hard to choose >''<

CORDA OCTAVE

My Million People of Corda ID is 75971244. Friend me :grin:

#16 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Yeah it's really hard to choose who to marry this time, the bachelorettes are all so interesting! Their requests really add depth to their characters too. I'm in Autumn 1st year and already have most of them at 10 hearts (only Sakuya, Daria and Kuruna left), but I still don't know who I want to marry this time.

Well.. except maybe Shara. She's pretty and nice if you don't mind her giggling, but something in her last request event really puts me off. Not really interested in Sakuya as well, but I might change my mind after seeing all of her events later.

I wish Marvelous would add an option to play as a girl in the next installments. Some of the guys in Rune Factory are hawt, too bad you can't marry them. Barrett (RF2) and Gaius are luv. <333

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

#17 LenxKaho

LenxKaho

Violin Romance Comittee

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Game.
  • Who I fangirl over:TSUNA. TSUNA. TSUNA. GOD, I JUST WANT TO EAT THE BOY, LITERALLY OR NOT.

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Yeah I'm not that interested in Shara...part of because she is the main bachelorette, and her personality is almost the same as Mist. I like Sakuya, just because she gives the Japanese aura, lolz XD

I also have all girls in 10 hearts just to be in case before decided to marry Sophia XDXD She is so funny XD, and she's rich ;D though of course, the later doesn't affect much.

Spoiler

And yeah they should make us choose gender~ I don't mind chasing the Gaius XD or maybe the cute Rusk XD

CORDA OCTAVE

My Million People of Corda ID is 75971244. Friend me :grin:

#18 Misha

Misha

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:A lot? 8D
  • Who I fangirl over:もう数え切れぬw

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:52 AM

At least Mist still has some unique traits, like her obsession towards turnips. But all Shara talks about is flowers or her grandpa. I actually like Monica better than her, too bad she's still a kid so you can't marry her. 8D

Yeah Sophia is also one of my favorites. Some of the best lines in the game are hers, like: "I loathe you vociferously! I want to drag you out into the woods and let the monsters have their way with you. Repeatedly." The more she loves someone, the harsher she gets LOL.

But I married Raven in the end. Her story compliments the main story perfectly, and I can't resist her eye color. <3

Posted Image
あなたの背中追おう、の彼方まで
lj otome twit tumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance