135 replies to this topic

#41 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hinoe, Benkei, Tomomori, Yunoki Azuma, Yasuaki, Francis

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:39 AM

JUST FINISHED SUSUMU'S ROUTE and ksdfjsdg it definitely pleasantly surprised me too >w< AT THIS RATE I BET I'LL END UP LIKING ALL OF THEM ROFL but boo now I only have 2 routes (or well 3 if you count the secret character) left and I don't want this game to end I HOPE OTOMATE WILL RELEASE MORE STUFF FOR THIS GAME OR SOMETHING BECAUSE I DON'T THINK JUST THE DLCS ARE ENOUGH and this is one game I don't want to play the bad ends for because I bet I'll wibble or bawww :'(

@Adrienne You have to assemble the camera and take pictures of rooms with the square button, if I remember right? :o And yup! the way that she listed it should be the easiest way to get all of them.

@Nika I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS GAME WITH MY DYING WILL. As I've said earlier in this thread, this is the first otomate game I've liked in a long time. Heck, after I played this and went back to Zettai Meikyuu Grimms, it even pales in comparison to me now so I have a feeling that this game will probably end up being high on my top favorite otome games for 2010 list along with TokiMemoGS3. Like Adrienne says, it's like a really fun book that has everything I could want in a romance novel coupled with a good mixture of comedy and everytime I want to put it down, it throws something interesting at me. And if you love soap operas if me, you'll definitely like this even more lolol. The voice acting is also very superb and it definitely made me feel a bit bad that I've never heard of any of the other seiyuus in this game aside from Kishio Daisuke before because honestly, I swear I probably wouldn't like some of the characters as much if their seiyuus weren't so amazing at expressing their characeters' emotions in some of the scenes. I'm not surprised at all that this game got good reviews on the blogs I follow because aside from the tediousness of the parameter building (I won't complain about having to view the common route's events over and over again because I just remembered that I could enable that event skip option lolol), I can only sing praises for this game.

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#42 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Manga, anime, BL/Otome Games, Japanese TV dramas and drama CDs, music, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:All the Miyanomori brothers, Madoka, Yukio, Vicious, Gloria, Matheus, Julius, Will, Ludwig, Yunoki-sama

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

Just finished Shigeru's route and hmmmm....something was missing, or it is just that I wanted Shigeru's character to have some more fight than flight instinct :-| I loved Shigeru's route, I had to stay up until 6 AM to finish it, and it was so funny and entertaining at some points, I found myself laughing hard. But I guess I am still spoiled by Isami's prince in shining armor sexy uniform attitude :mrgreen:
The part where all the brothers where playing cards, I had tears in my eyes from laughing.
Going after Masashi now, on purpose. he can't be second most popular in polls for nothing XD
I can't stop staring at the spoiler CG with the grown-up Hiroshi, he really is the most beautiful and sexy of them all >.<
I want to go after Tadashi too, but his mother-from-hell will make me want to strangle her, so....I'll leave him for later ^^;

@Mizutama: thanks, I was wondering about those 2 things^^
I also don't want to play the sad EDs >.< I'll definitely cry, this is the first Otome game that has touched me like this :smile: I'm sure I'll love all characters' routes, because all characters are so attractive and trigger your interest^^
Isn't it excellent, the voice acting? Honestly I think the blending of the voice actors is the real reason this game was such a success. I'm so glad I managed to find both the pre-order drama CD and the limited edition drama CD of this game, I love the voice actors so much :mrgreen:
You're so right, I was so excited when playing Zettai Meikyuu Grimmm, but although I found it very original and entertaining, it really doesn't even compare to Hanaichi. I think Hanaichi is my number one favourite game so far.
I have a feeling Otomate will keep releasing games like this from now on, I think they finally understand that eye-candy art is not enough to make fans happy anymore >.> ISN'T THE SKIP BUTTON AMAZING LOL Benri desu ne? But I don't skip a lot of stuff, cause the dialogues are so nice even a second or third time^^

Posted Image

#43 kaho

kaho

"Ar~n?"

• Miko
  • 4,540 posts
  • Location:wondering how she could be attracted to a 3000 yr old bishie
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomori, Ace, Gray, Yukimura, Kuran Kaname & dad, Saitou Hajime

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

I have completed the entire game including the secret character.

And I have to say, no one beats Isami, because I mean, who can say no to a oresama princely knight in military uniform? 8DDDD

But hey, I totally melt at Tadashi's "night" look, that made him best looking out of them all xD

So overall, the one with the best route would probably be Isami, and Hiroshi sucked the most. I actually shed tear in Tadashi's route, it's really...setsunaiiii

p.s Just curious, any of you caught the haunting ghosts? No matter how hard I try, I could never find them ><

Oh, and i TOTALLY recommend getting the special "hidden" book, the event makes you laugh really really hard...HAHAHAHA.
Posted Image
avvy and siggy featuring Gackt Kamui, the hawt 40 year old =w=
thank you yori for making the set for me :"D

Posted Image
Help keeping MNR alive by buying your otome goodies through here.

#44 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

@Mizutama: Lololol, you make me want to run out and buy the game RIGHT NOW (it is near midnight so sadly that is impossible xD)

#45 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Manga, anime, BL/Otome Games, Japanese TV dramas and drama CDs, music, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:All the Miyanomori brothers, Madoka, Yukio, Vicious, Gloria, Matheus, Julius, Will, Ludwig, Yunoki-sama

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

@Kaho: Peche's guide has the locations of the ghosts...I also found this guide that has the locations of the ghosts and tells you a few things on how to capture them. I think in addition to having assembled the camera, you have to press the L button to change the daytime to night-time, in order for the ghosts to appear, or something like that. Haven't tried it yet though, will let you know^^
What do you mean by the special "hidden" book event? Is there a quest you have to fulfil to get this? Please tell me :mrgreen:

Oh no, really? Hiroshi's route sucks the most? I was looking forward to playing it right away >.<
I knew it! I shouldn't have played Isami first, even though his character is totally my type and irresistible XD
I have a feeling I won't be truly satisfied with any of the other guys' routes after Isami LOLOLOLOLOL
And I totally agree about Tadashi's night look being the sexiest of them all XD

@Nika: As soon as you can, go buy this game, waste no more time, totally recommended XD

Posted Image

#46 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

Uh...someone shoot me now! I didn't buy the game because peche's guide intimidated me so much! ;_;
Reading all these raves makes me regret it badly. I'll be modifying my current list of games being held right now~

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#47 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

@Hazuki: I did the same thing! When I received the game, I got intimidated just by looking and translating Peche's guide, and didn't proceed to actually play the game for a week! How I regret it now, because once you start the game, you'll see Peche's guide is actually very, very straightforward and helpful. Don't try to understand the guide without playing the game first. As for actual gameplay, it's quite easy when you follow the chores schedule in Peche's guide, you'll see when you get the game. Hope you manage to buy it soon, it's very, very good^^

About capturing ghosts I confirm the following, having captured my first one just now:
After you gather the necessary parts through requests to make up and assemble the camera thingy (ポケットベスト it is called, what you need to have in the end), press the L button to change the daytime to night-time (深夜), in order for ghosts to become 'visible'. Then you go to the room specified in Peche's and other guides that has a ghost, use the camera (you do that simply by pressing the square button, it automatically uses the camera), and when you see the ghost, press the circle button to capture it. That's it. The ghosts will only become visible when you use the camera, so don't expect to see them just by roaming around in the dark. Also, be careful, when you choose to change the daytime to 深夜, you cannot turn it back to daytime afterwards. So finish the quests you want to do first, and then change to 深夜 to go ghost hunting :mrgreen: The first ghost can be found at one of the servant's rooms (使用人室), so it will take a few weeks until you get access to that room to see it. From then on, consult the guides for other ghost locations.

Posted Image

#48 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

@Adrienne I DON'T BLAME YOU I still go "ahhhhh I want to go back to Isami and Tadashi ;A;" at least once while I'm doing the other routes. The card playing scene is definitely funny! But omg you should totally get to the part where the three older brothers take Susumu out drinking in Susumu's route that part's comedic gold (someone even made a fanart of it rofl) 8Db Tadashi's mom from hell and Isami's cool mom are actually my favorites out of the mothers, followed by Shigeru's mom. The rest seem boring to me but I'm holding out on the hope that Masashi's mom will be secretly interesting or something because I feel a sort of Ushiromiya Rosa vibe from her...sort of. idk why.

I've pretty much made it my mission to obtain any cd drama or anything that otomate might come out for this series after this too. I LOVE THE VOICE ACTING IN HERE SO VERY MUCH. and haha I'm so sad I didn't finish Grimms before coming to play this game because now I'll never finish poor Wilhelm and Jacob's routes ever |D; I don't have as much faith in Otomate just yet since I didn't like Desert Kingdom or Natsuzora that much (even if I did like Natsuzora's interface), BUT HAHA I DON'T WANT TO MISS THEM TOO but after watching the same events over 9000 times because I kept screwing up on getting Susumu's 6th month ball event CG, I gave up and enabled the skip event option. THANKFULLY the game automatically lets you view events you haven't watched before so I got to see the new events you get once you finish a characters' route and restart the game.

@Kaho TADASHI'S NIGHT LOOK IS THE BEST IT MAKES ME GO KYAAAAA EVERYTIME along with Isami whenever he's in his full uniform with those cool gloves of his *IS SHALLOW* but man I was hoping Hiroshi's route would have some fun surpraiz like in Shigeru and Susumu's route but if you say his route sucks the most then I might as well skip his to do later when his DLC story is out and go straight to Masashi.

I haven't gotten all the ghost pictures but I've managed to get a few. Adrienne's suggestion should work fine :o

@Nika I'M GLAD TO HEAR THAT and I fully support you in getting it whenever you can 8DDDDb

@Hazuki AND YAY I'M GLAD OUR RAVING MAKES YOU WANT IT, I think you'd like it too since you liked Grimms. and like Adrienne says, Peche's guide makes it really easy to complete!

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#49 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:46 PM

@Mizutama: GO FOR MASASHI ASAP!!!! HE MADE ME FORGET ISAMI-SAMA A COUPLE OF TIMES XDXDXDXDXD
OMG I think Masashi is my favourite after Isami, now I understand why he ranks second in popularity polls XD
Go for him right away, he's so full of surprises, and unexpectedly caring and possessive (>.<), I am amazed!
He's so cute, and subconsciously honest with his feelings most of the time, which makes his route very entertaining XD
My favourite mom is Isami's, then Shigeru's...Tadashi's mom-from-hell, well, I might like her in Tadashi's route, but at the moment....I don't like her attitude. I'm saving Tadashi for last (if I manage to hold out, that is) because I know his route will be awesome^^
I'm going after Susumu next then, since there're comedic moments, sounds like fun XDXDXDXD

I also left Wilhelm's and Jacob's routes right in the middle, because I picked up Hanaichi XD
It'll take me some time to pick up Meikyuu Grimm again...I won't rest until I finish all routes of Hanaichi first XD

Oh, it's my mission too XD I love the voice acting here, it's stellar! I'm in, but getting all the drama CDs might be impossible, weren't some of these only shop exclusives? I'm glad I managed to secure 2 out of the 6 currently released (I found the pre-order drama CD and the limited edition drama CD \(^^)/). I'll let you know how these turn out^^ It makes me mad they don't properly sell the other drama CDs too, it's not fair to only be able to get them along with the game at certain shops! I want to listen to them all :cry:
I also didn't like Desert Kingdom, didn't bother with Natsuzora either, but Otomate produces a wide range of games, each for a different audience. I have faith because so far they have released kanuchi, Death Connection, Hanaichi, and the upcoming Musketeer, that has the kind of atmosphere I seek in Otome games^^ And with every new title they improve, so that's why I have a feeling Otomate will keep surprising us for the better from now on^^
Oh, I'm using the skip button on Hanaichi alright, but the great thing is that although I am playing the game for the third time in a row now, I get to see character extra short scenes because I cleared their routes, and thus the game isn't boring even in the general route^^

I also can't capture all the ghosts...what's up with that? I really have no clue >.>

EDIT: Susumu's route is heavenly, so doki-doki >.< I love characters like him, with such surprises, and he's so kakkoi....Having finished Tadashi too, I have to say Isami is my top favorite, Susumu my second favorite, Masashi third, Shigeru fourth, and Tadashi fifth (yep, I know I'm weird to place Tadashi last, but I really expected more from the eldest brother and was a bit dissapointed so... >.>)

Posted Image

#50 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for all the review here.
It make me want to play this game ASAP. (holiday plz come quickly!)
Any idea, who should i went for the first play?

#51 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

@celestite: Fufu, you're welcome, glad we helped you decide to buy the game. You won't regret it, I'm 100% sure XD
I went for Isami first, and he ended up being the BEST and HOTTEST character in the game :mrgreen: The other characters' routes in the game are also nice and attractive for various reasons, but Isami has the most gorgeous, sexy and doki-doki route, so I honestly recommend starting with him first^^ What's really nice in his route is how his feelings/attitude make a 360 degree turn in the end...after all, what's not to love when you make an Oresama in sexy uniform like Isami fall for you *wicked grin* Throughout his route, I was like "kukuku, I can't wait to make you renounce all your unshakeable values, and make you bow at my feet"...and guess what, I got my wish in the end :twisted: (<= is a little twisted XD)

Posted Image

#52 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:13 AM

I'M STILL DELAYING THE INVITABLE ENDING OF THIS GAME and I'll definitely post a more detailed review then, though I'd say you should go for whoever you'd like BUT if you want to go for the full story/plot without spoiling yourself silly on things I'd recommend going from:

Tadashi -> Isami -> Shigeru -> Susumu -> Hiroshi -> Masashi -> Secret Character

because that's a good order for things being revealed (I LUCKED OUT BECAUSE TADASHI AND ISAMI INTRIGUED ME BEST BEFORE I PLAYED HAHA, but then I failed by going for Masashi before Hiroshi >_>)

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#53 ayla

ayla

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, manga, music, making plushies, writing, a good story, trying new foods, procrastinating, stuff like Romance of the Three Kingdoms XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:25 AM

Sorry if this seems out of nowhere but how is the language difficulty in this game? >_>

I'm thinking of treating myself to a new game but I can't seem to decide between this and the Kanuchi port coming this winter D: My Japanese is passable, though a bit rusty. I'm mostly worried about kanji overload o_O Drove me up the wall playing Garnet Cradle when I realized they were using the kanji for words like doko and naze (Japanese class FAIL!!!)

#54 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

AHHHHHH ACCORDING TO OTOMATE'S BLOG HANAICHI IS GOING TO GET A FANDISC IN SPRING OF NEXT YEAR this means I can finally stop trying to freeze the game and actually finish it without worry of it completely ending *w*

@ Ayla: I don't think it's that difficult? My japanese definitely isn't the best out there but I understood it. Though, yes, they might use kanji for words like doko and stuff, the game's also full-voiced (minus the heroine), so it should help you with reading?

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#55 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

@Mizutama: Our prayers for more Hanaichi have been answered XD Spring 2011, doesn't sound that far away, can definitely wait (though impatiently), I'm just so glad they're releasing a fan disk! You think it will be a UMD fan disk or a PSN download? Probably a UMD, eh? I also read there's a drama CD in the makings, yey for that too!

@Ayla: the language is okay, like Mizutama said, especially due to the fact that most of the game comprises of voiced dialogue,so you won't have to read a lot of stuff. I've played other Otomate games where it was mostly the heroine thinking (so you had to read through some painful kanji and Japanese) but this is definitely not the case with this game, Hanaichi is mostly dialogue, and the parts you had to read through (heroine's thoughts and such) were mostly ok, you can definitely understand the gist of what is said.

Posted Image

#56 ayla

ayla

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, manga, music, making plushies, writing, a good story, trying new foods, procrastinating, stuff like Romance of the Three Kingdoms XD
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the input! I'm always a bit concerned when it comes to period games and their special terms and stuff. Too scared to attempt Hakuoki for said reasons XD I'm gonna go ahead and buy this! It's kinda hard now though, the game is backordered at most of the places I usually shop at.

I'm glad to hear about fan disk! Though I feel like they're going to screw me over at some point and release the game and fan disk together as a package :/

#57 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

OLD NEWS, BASICALLY WHAT MIZUTAMA SAID ABOUT A FANDISK LOL

Attached Files

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#58 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:13 AM

@ayla: You're welcome^^ Hanaichi is like 10 times easier than Hakuouki in terms of language, so go ahead and buy Hanaichi :mrgreen:
Haha, when I decided to order Hanaichi, the game was also backordered/out of stock, had to wait 1-2 weeks to get it :shock:
So popular LOL I bought the normal edition of Hanaichi first, then I also found and bought the limited edition, I was/am so hooked XD And I know for sure Otomate will screw me when they'll release the game and fan disk together as a package...If they have little extras with it, they'll make me buy it again >.< I just hope they'll be releasing the package when the fandisk is released...

@Nyororo: thanks for the scan!!! No matter if it's old news^^

Posted Image

#59 Chie

Chie

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:shota desu~~

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

uwasa no Fan Disk~
Official Site
they have added some Kurisumasu SS there, the text is LONG and lol i'm too lazy to read it using AGTH

i wonder is there will be common route where mamoru have a normal conversation with those six brothers,,
i really want to see what kind of conversation will it be xDD
tanoshimi ni shiteiru na~~

#60 crystalhikari

crystalhikari

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Ryoma Echizen, Miyanomori brothers (masashi, mamoru, isami), Wilhelm Grimm, Komura Yuuichi

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:23 AM

i just finished this game yesterday and i am so glad to hear about the fan disk!

i placed this game way down on my gamelist since i though it would be tedious and stuff when i saw peche's guide but i am glad i played it!

i simply can't put it down and i really did lost sleep when i was playing it. i like masashi, isami and mamoru the most... i can't wait for the fan disk!

...and life is all about choices...

Soaring Sky, my otome game ranting blog
Listening Stories, my writer's journal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance