135 replies to this topic

#21 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hinoe, Benkei, Tomomori, Yunoki Azuma, Yasuaki, Francis

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

I'M SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG but I wanted to actually finished a route (which I just did last night *is slowpoke*) before replying to you so it'd be a full opinion instead of just partial opinion but haha yeah the language level is a bit kdsjfklsg but I think it's still understandable? Since the game is practically full voiced with the exception of Haru/the protagonist, obviously. NOW AGAIN I ONLY FINISHED ONE ROUTE SO FAR (Tadashi's) but yeah the romance is pretty tame, they never even kissed(though that I get considering his personality) until near the end followed by what I'd like to consider to be a hollywood cut but lolol that's probably just my dirty mind STILL I THINK THE ROMANCE WAS WELL DONE. I definitely liked this game much more than other recent otomate games I've played, heck I even endeavored to get a Japanese PSN account just to download the after stories, so yes, I think it's definitely worth the effort of parameter building (and you can pretty much neglect doing 'side quests' if you don't want to decorate your room imo). Besides, once you follow Peche's guide the parameter building's pretty easy. MY OPINION MAY BE VERY BIAS THOUGH because I'm a sucker for popcorn.gif-worthy soap opera cliches and this game didn't disappoint me at all in that area I mean
Spoiler

I'm going to go after Isami/the second son next and work my way down from there, though tbh I'm not too interested in anyone aside from the first three sons not even the fact that Kishio voiced Hiroshi/the fifth son endeared him to me in the dokidoki department so who knows, maybe I'll just go after the 6th son as my fourth and last playthrough since apparently he won second place in the poll and other reviews said his route was good.

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#22 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Manga, anime, BL/Otome Games, Japanese TV dramas and drama CDs, music, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:All the Miyanomori brothers, Madoka, Yukio, Vicious, Gloria, Matheus, Julius, Will, Ludwig, Yunoki-sama

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:23 AM

@Mizutama: Thank you so much for the review, I just received this game (it was sold out :shock: my Japanese seller had me wait more than a week to ship it, so it must be good, to sell out so quickly.)
I'm used to Otomate's 'romance', so hearing that besides the absence of intimate scenes the romance is good, I'm satisfied^^ And I'm definitely happy the Japanese language level is understandable. And it seems it's worth the parameter building, that's good to hear^^

I definitely liked this game much more than other recent otomate games I've played, heck I even endeavored to get a Japanese PSN account just to download the after stories, so yes, I think it's definitely worth the effort of parameter building

So is it possible to get a Japanese PSN account, in order to download those extra after stories??? Even if you live in Europe for example? Could you tell me if and how you managed to do it please :mrgreen:
Did you follow the how-to links at the hanaichi site to create the account, for example?

P.S. I must be the only gal out there that will go for the long-haired bro, Shigeru, first XD
And I suspect that because you went after Tadashi, the romance was the way it was, considering his personality ;)
I'm expecting the romance to be pretty hot in Isami's route judging from personality, so let us know how it is once you finish his route XD

Posted Image

#23 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

So is it possible to get a Japanese PSN account, in order to download those extra after stories??? Even if you live in Europe for example? Could you tell me if and how you managed to do it please :mrgreen:
Did you follow the how-to links at the hanaichi site to create the account, for example?

You can! I live in Thailand and I still got it. You just have to make a new account using a different email than the one you used for your other PSN account. I used my alternate email address, then inserted a random japanese address, went out to buy a japanese PSN money card thing, signed onto the PSN using that new account, looked for the game's title, and downloaded it. I used my PS3 (since my PSP is a hooker at detecting my wireless) though so idk if it's the same accessing it on the PSP. Make sure that your PSP isn't modded though or even if you installed it, it won't work when you try to access the dlc menu in game 8'(

Haha I couldn't help it, Tadashi was both a megane and mean to Haru, and his mother looked like the meanest one amongst the moms and I'm a sucker for that BUT OKAY I'll definitely report when I finish Isami's route \o/

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#24 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Manga, anime, BL/Otome Games, Japanese TV dramas and drama CDs, music, Japanese
  • Who I fangirl over:All the Miyanomori brothers, Madoka, Yukio, Vicious, Gloria, Matheus, Julius, Will, Ludwig, Yunoki-sama

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

Mizutama, I created my Japanese PSN account for the first time, thanks a bunch for the info!!! My PSP is a 3004 model, and not modified, so I'm probably gonna be okay >.> How did you buy the japanese PSN money card thing? I couldn't use my credit card, because it asks for a Japanese address when you input the credit card info >.> I'm afraid to input the fake Japanese address I gave them as my credit card address, won't they check it out? Is there a way to bypass this to buy from the JP PSN store? Again, thanks a lot :mrgreen:

Posted Image

#25 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

I have no idea about bypassing since I didn't buy with my credit card. My local game shop sells both US and Japanese PSN cards so I got it from there, though you can probably buy it online from places like play-asia over here!

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#26 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Mizutama, thanks a lot!!! I'll buy the card from play-asia^^
When you went to download the extra stories from the site, did you just put this 華ヤカ哉、我ガ一族 in the search to get the results or something else? Because I can't copy paste the extra stories titles from Otomate's hanaichi site :mrgreen:

Posted Image

#27 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:32 AM

Yup! I just searched for 華ヤカ哉、我ガ一族 to find it.

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#28 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:36 PM

Yup! I just searched for 華ヤカ哉、我ガ一族 to find it.

Roger, will do that^^

Posted Image

#29 Yuu

Yuu

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Staring at.... Medicine Seller, Yes he has no name.
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, Yunoki Azuma, Kaji Aoi, Shimizu Keiichi, Kira Akihiro, Tsukimori Len, Souma, Ravi, Blood Dupree, Vincent, FF13V guy, Seperioth, Mononoke's medicine seller

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

i played 2nd son Isami's route... and 5th son hiroshi's unfortunately missing a couple of events....
Peche's guide is out!! didn't know....

But i finished the hidden character's route.... XDXD was quite entertaining. Love the skip button.
I like the camera function used to take pictures of ghosts.

@ Adrienne: You need Hiroshi's route to get the library key to finish all 84 quests... Can be done in 2 tries.
I did Hiroshi's route the 2nd time and got all 84 quests done. You get other keys. And a hammer i think.... not too sure.... the hammer is interesting XDXDXD
Getting the 83 requests unlocks the 84th request.

Parameters part is for the servant evaluation every 2 months. I think you need to pass it. Just get most of the parameters and it doesn't affect much.
If you are truly unsure just use the old method of tackling otome games, focus on the guy you want.... but i think you will miss some events and CGs.( like me ><)
~ 悠.Yuu

For the love of Bishies Featuring : Noctis [Final Fantasy Versus 13]

Posted Image

Supported by : Save Our Bishies (SOB) ..... And Save our Seiyuus.(SOS)

By : Save our bishie (SOB) and Save our Seiyuus (SOS)

#30 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

@Yuu, thanks a lot for the info^^ I tried to play the game yesterday, and gave up after 20 minutes >.>
What's ironic is that I was afraid the language would be a problem, and it turned out to be pretty much ok.
My problem is I can't get used to Peche's guide, which is like, the most complete one out there XD
I usually don't bother to understand guides thoroughly prior to playing a game, but in this case, I can't afford to do so, since there's so many things you can do wrong, like you said, miss CGs and stuff *sigh*
I like the RPG element in this game, in fact I'm thrilled about it, it's just Peche's guide looks like a puzzle to me, and I don't feel patient to go through the "trial and error" routine with this game.

Well, whenever someone who has cleared the game has time, I hope they can tell me more about the gameplay, I honestly got a headache from trying to figure out stuff on my own ^^;;;; :arrow: The problem was my own stupidity, lesson learned XD

Posted Image

#31 Yuu

Yuu

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Staring at.... Medicine Seller, Yes he has no name.
  • Who I fangirl over:Ace, Yunoki Azuma, Kaji Aoi, Shimizu Keiichi, Kira Akihiro, Tsukimori Len, Souma, Ravi, Blood Dupree, Vincent, FF13V guy, Seperioth, Mononoke's medicine seller

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

I use the hanaichi wiki i saw which is very incomplete....
And i saw another blogger do a very messy walkthrough.
Basically Peche's guide is for a every chara route until half way and its pretty straightforward seriously XDXD.
Just follow the calendar.
~ 悠.Yuu

For the love of Bishies Featuring : Noctis [Final Fantasy Versus 13]

Posted Image

Supported by : Save Our Bishies (SOB) ..... And Save our Seiyuus.(SOS)

By : Save our bishie (SOB) and Save our Seiyuus (SOS)

#32 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

@Yuu: Sumimasen, watashi wa baka desu...Obaka desu yo XD

I was trying to understand the guide without playing the game first....
Sometimes I do this to get an idea of what the game's about, and of course seeing the lists and schedule in Peche's guide made me panic as I was translating every single thing, since I hadn't actually played the game beyond the second day of the 4th month >.<
Then I proceeded to the next day, and....

......THE GAME IS RIDICULOUSLY EASY XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
And Peche's schedule guide makes it even easier XD
I feel so stupid for not choosing to progress to the next day earlier, and losing precious time of actual gameplay...
but lesson learned: truly play the game first, ask questions later XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
*Goes to a corner and hides :arrow: *

I even did the quests for the entire first month, they're so easy and fun to do :mrgreen:
I think I'm addicted to this game: it's not boring, the interactive parts are refreshing and pretty straightforward, it has amazing art, and the language is pretty much ok...Isami is making me go doki-doki already, I can't wait to actually enter his route :mrgreen:

Posted Image

#33 Chie

Chie

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:shota desu~~

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

@__@ ugyaa,,
i almost die playing this,,
i accept that Old-woman task, お客様の物
but i don't know what to do with it T__T
and when i accept 忘れ物! from other maid, i just don't have the key to sent their thing T___T
someone help~

EDIT: LOLZ my bad, actually i just have to go to the place they mention,,
but looks like there're still long way for me to get the key

#34 perumo

perumo

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, otome + RPG games
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Sakata Gintoki

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

I really like this game and satisfied with all characters story and ending XD I like Isami and Susumu's stories.

About PSN Store, I've bought Tadashi and Isami's special after ending event. But I think it's really exspensive (300 yen) just for a short event + 1 CG -_-;; And I'm too late to download the free themes of hanayaka from PSN T_T

Anyway, I wonder where/how to listen the special voice on the game?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My Blog Site:
http://pink.ap.teacup.com/ichigopie/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#35 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

@ perumo, I've also missed Tadashi's free theme from the PSN store, I want to cry :cry:
But at least I managed to download Isami's and Shigeru's free themes before they 'expired'...phew

I don't think I'm asking something that is not allowed here, so here goes: did anyone manage to download the free custom theme with Tadashi, the one that was available only from 1/7 until 4/8? And the other ones, that were available before? I would love to have these too, but I missed them...hope some kind soul can share them or something, since they were free >.> Onegai desu! *bows fervently*

I also downloaded the extra scenarios for Tadashi and Isami, gonna download Shigeru's today (it just became available at the store).
Haven't played them yet, since I'm only now finishing Isami's route...
But I want to recommend this game wholeheartedly to every otome game fan out there.
IT'S THE FIRST TIME I LOST SLEEP IN ORDER TO PLAY/FINISH AN OTOME GAME....IT'S THAT GOOD >.<
Honestly, this is the first otome game that I lost myself in, became totally absorbed, the scenario is awesome and solid, the gameplay totally fun, the character and relationship development totally realistic and well-done. It's the first time I went so doki-doki in a game like this XD
And ISAMI-SAMA!!!! His route is so doki-doki, I don't want it to end >.<
And Hiroshi is so adorable, like he's begging me to play his route. But I'm going after Shigeru next, I'm sure his route will surprise me in the best way :mrgreen: The funny thing is, I LIKE ALL THE BROTHERS, each one has a charm that attracts you and makes you want to play his route for sure LOL

Did anyone buy the limited edition of this game? I'm thinking of buying the limited edition of this game (my Japanese class teacher wants to confiscate my current copy to play it herself XD) so I was wondering if it is worth it or not.
There will be an official artbook/guidebook out soon...so I was wondering whether to buy the limited edition of the game with the postcard set and drama CD, or the fan-book...

P.S. I accidentally accepted a request that requires the library key you can only get when you capture Hiroshi >.> Will there be a penalty if I don't fulfil it within the given time limit??? Like, will it affect my actual gameplay if I don't finish that request at all ^^; Please let me know...

Posted Image

#36 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:38 PM

dear god I just finished Shigeru's route and it's like a giant roller coaster ride HIS ROUTE SERIOUSLY SURPRISED ME IN THE MOST PLEASANT WAY POSSIBLE. His extra story was cute too. SO FAR ALL THREE CHARACTERS I'VE PLAYED I'VE LOVED IN DIFFERENT WAYS but now I have no idea who I want to go for next because originally I was going to go for the 6th bro but now I couldn't help but wonder if the other routes will have other lulzy surprises waiting for me like Shigeru's route. It's sad that I'd have to wait a loooong while for the rest of the extra scenarios to be released though 8'(

@Adrienne HAHAHAHA I'M GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO'S LOSING SLEEP TO FINISH THIS GAME *HIGHFIVES* I think it'd be better if you get the artbook since it'll probably have all the art in the limited edition anyway aaaaand re: letting requests expire...I don't think it will? I'm not sure though :(

@Perumo: I don't think 300 yen is too expensive? considering the DLC is full voiced too and I think just 300 yen for that is reasonable considering that there are actually other DLCs out there that already costs 200 yen but doesn't have voices at all (YES I AM EYING YOU AT3 DLC *shakes fist*) :\ EDIT: Re: extra voices, I think you have to have assembled the disc player...thing in-game and use it to listen to those voice tracks?

LAST BUT NOT LEAST the official site now has a short story up for the winners of the popularity poll (first place: Isami, second place: Masashi, third place: Tadashi), along with a video, it's pretty hilarious though apparently it's going to go down on the 31st of August so quickly watch while it's still there! if only there was a way to save it...

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#37 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:59 PM

@Mizutama: *Highfives back* YEP, YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE! I'M ADDICTED TO THIS GAME TOO, TO THE POINT OF LOSING SLEEP XD
it's almost three in the morning here, and I just finished Isami's route, saw his extra scenario too...
AND I CAN'T SLEEP NOW XDXDXDXDXD His route was so sweet, even cute at times, and doki-doki too >.<
I think the extra scenarios are definitely worth it, and a must have, although a bit short^^

I'm listening to the ending theme song right now, it's so nice, it takes you places...the singer has such a nice voice^^
OMG Shigeru's route is a roller coaster you say XDXDXDXDXD Suspected it, I just saw almost all of his CGs in a blog, and I was drooling all over the keyboard XD I'm going for him as soon as I get some sleep LOL
You know, the game's scenario is so nicely developed, it leaves such a sweet after-taste of completion once you finish a character route, like reading a very nice and exciting book^^ I hope Otomate releases such a nice game again soon enough.

I found the limited edition of the game at a good price, so I'll probably buy it, as well as the fan-book once it's out XD
I'm in love with the art, and I definitely want to get my hands on the drama CDs I missed too >.>
(But I'm not giving my current copy of the game to my sensei yet, she'll have to wait until I receive my new one, I can't wait to finish the other guys too XD Gomen ne, Sensei XDXDXDXDXDXD)

Thanks, I confirm that even if you trigger requests and don't fulfil them, nothing bad happens, these unfinished requests just disappear after the given time limit expires, that's all^^

Thanks for the info on the extra voice comments, glad I'm almost done with the quests and assembling of parts then ^^; And a new vid you say? Awesome, I'd better go check it out right away!

P.S. GO FOR SUSUMU NEXT, HIS CGs WERE HOT >.<

Posted Image

#38 Mizutama

Mizutama

Open Otaku

• Hachiyo
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

@Adrienne ROFL IT'S ACTUALLY 7AM HERE NOW AND I'M ONLY STILL AWAKE BECAUSE I WANTED TO FINISH SHIGERU'S ROUTE FINALLY *was waiting for the DLC story at first* and now I'm torn between sleeping and starting the next route so see here's another good reason not to give your copy to your sensei just yet, this way she won't lose sleep like us *is shot*. But yes, I agree. The ending song is simply gorgeous and always nicely fitting with the atmosphere of the endings, the first time I heard it in Tadashi's ending, I quickly went to my copy of the OST to see if it's in it and was sorely disappointed when it wasn't. I definitely hope Annabel will release a single with it soon because I'll definitely be pre-ordering. BUT OOH WHAT BLOG IS THIS? I'm curious now and I like spoiling myself.

PS: OKAY I'LL GO FOR SUSUMU NEXT THEN \o/

Posted Image

-----
Member of:
Posted Image

#39 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

seeing all of you being so hyped really makes me want to get this game as soon as possible xD

#40 Adrienne

Adrienne

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

@Mizutama: LOL you're worse than me XDXDXDXD
Please get some sleep first then play the next route, we don't want you collapsing...even if it's for a sexy, gorgeous brother XD

here's the blog with the spoiler CGs for every character. Don't say I didn't warn you! It shows almost every CG in the game, even the bad ending ones XD I saw pics/CGs of the secret character too >.< I couldn't resist so I saw them...and I'm more excited now than before about going after Shigeru XD I'm always a sucker for characters like him, I just started with Isami first because I wanted to go after one of the first 2 sons (not that I regret it, his route melted me into a puddle XDXDXDXD) But I had my eye on the long-haired brother from the beginning, he's oozing sensuality LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Well, judging from the CGs, I think Susumu's route will be pretty exciting too, so enjoy :mrgreen:
Going after Shigeru now, yey! \(^^)/

I will tell that to my sensei XD No, I'm not addicted to this game and world, honestly, I'm just thinking of her well-being LOLOLOLOL

I also just ordered the original soundtrack of the game, but the ending theme, キネオラマ, wasn't included.
So I googled it and downloaded it for now, although I'm definitely buying Annabel's single/album when it comes out.
Her voice is awesome, I got goosebumps when I listened to the ending theme, it was so dreamy.

@Nika: Yes, I definitely recommend this game, it's addicting, I feel other Otome games I've played so far pale in comparison. Why I'm saying this? Because this game has everything I personally want in a game: Great romance, great art, great characters and relationship development, great scenario, great game-play, not to mention great voice acting....It's the kind of story I would like to read in a book to relax, have fun and lose myself in, only it wouldn't be this exciting if it was a book XD

P.S. How do I get the ghosts? Is there a certain way you encounter them?
And about the birthday presents, do I change the month to the one Peche lists for every character? I didn't quite get that part...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance