• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 kirbylover3

kirbylover3

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:My interests are anime and manga. (Obviously)<br /><br />-Going on the computer<br />-Listening to music<br />-Playing Otome games (they're addicting)<br />-Running
  • Who I fangirl over:EVERYONE

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

I'm glad there having it come over to America but it'll lose some of it's romance touch with the whole first names like you mentioned.

#22 xdestiny

xdestiny

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Why not guess! :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Zero Kiriyuu, Mizushima Hiro

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:32 AM

Omgsh?! Really? :D

That's great news! I've heard all sorta of numerous praises and I'm sure that the manga
will be really good too. ^^

Posted Image
B L O O D Y ♔ R O S E
❥ VAMPIRE KNIGHT; yuki cross.

#23 Bemused Dreamer

Bemused Dreamer

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and manga, and I probably spend too much of my free time with both. I only play RPGs, mainly because I'm too spazzy to play anything else. My main hobbies are reading and drawing, and in both I love subjects that aren't ordinary, such as fantasy-like settings or whatnot. <br /><br />The anime of Harutoki was what got me interested in this forum, and hopefully I'll be able to play the games soon.
  • Who I fangirl over:Yasuaki

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:29 AM

I saw the... first? chapter in December's Shoujo Beat. I didn't actually read it, cause I was only skimming through. I'll take a closer look next time I get a chance >_< B-but, I haven't read that many manga translated by Viz, t-they screw up the names that much? 0.0

Oh dear.

#24 Hisa

Hisa

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:too many too mention
  • Who I fangirl over:Ten no Seiryuu

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

Wasn't Haruka already licensed, because i own the first three volums in german !!
Posted Image

OMG OMG DAYLIGHT !!!!!!!!

Spoiler

How can you say NO! to this
Spoiler

Make me melt
Spoiler

#25 Venneh

Venneh

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:...I have to pick one? xD

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:27 AM

It might've been licensed over in Europe before it was licensed over here.

But yeah, I think it just recently started running in Shoujo Beat, which means we won't see the first collected volume for a while.

"...And yet, in each human coupling, a thousand million sperm vie for a single egg. Multiply those odds by countless generations, against the odds of your ancestors being alive, meeting; siring this precise son; that exact daughter... until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you, that emerged. To distill so specific a form from that chaos of improbability, like turning air to gold... that is the crowning unlikelyhood. The thermodynamic miracle."
Dr. Manhattan, Chapter IX: The Darkness of Mere Being, Watchmen.

#26 Miso

Miso

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Abe no Yasuaki

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:16 AM

It's actually coming out some time in April, much sooner than I expected!

They got names wrong?!
I got two issues with Haruka and it seems fine...

#27 Fumi

Fumi

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shimizu-kun >.< And Shimon-kun, and Kaji-kun, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and um, yeahs >.>

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:50 AM

I think they were referring to Corda about the messed up names... I've been reading the Shojo Beat chapters and sadly that's absolutely all I know about this series >.< It has caught my interest (though it sounds a lot like Fushigi Yuugi so far >.>)

I don't know if people still care, but they totally cheated us on the name thing with Hihara in volume 6 and Yunoki in volume 5 >.> They tried, but it's just not the same...

#28 Miso

Miso

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Honestly doesn't surprise me.
When they licensed Rurouni Kenshin, the first volume was filled with so many mistakes that I crossed them out and corrected it with a pen.
XD
I haven't been reading Corda, mainly on the fact that the nearest bookstore only carries volumes 1 and 3.

#29 xdestiny

xdestiny

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Why not guess! :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Zero Kiriyuu, Mizushima Hiro

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

Woah this is great news. I've always wanted to read the manga, but I can't really seem to find it anywhere. |:

I've seen some scans of it in the Shojo Beat magazines but that was it. o_o

Posted Image
B L O O D Y ♔ R O S E
❥ VAMPIRE KNIGHT; yuki cross.

#30 Silent Whispers

Silent Whispers

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:/

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:23 PM

-

#31 shi666san

shi666san

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:you mean I have to choose?!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:30 AM

yeah, the "WTF?" feeling came to me when I read my Corda manga and the names were by the first name...it disappointed me because it kinda threw the intimacy level between the characters. I haven't read HaruToki, but it's caught my interest for a little while now, is it really good?

==;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

*imagines*

Tsuchiura: Len, why do you always have to be such a snob.
Tsukimori: Ryotaro, I was just stating the facts.

[Tsuchiura and Tsukimori stares at each other]Tsuchiura: Len....
Tsukimori: Ryotaro....

*dies*

*dying on the floor of laughter*
OMG! kaho, that's a funny scenerio
"Love.Psychedelic.Fantasy.Online WITH Progress!" - Mamoru Miyano, Fukuyama Jun, Susumu Chiba

~Diddle~
Taste the BEAT
Posted Image

#32 Savvy

Savvy

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:the jerks... as long as they aren't rapists

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hmm, well I read the first few chapters of the manga and watched the first few episodes of the anime. While the manga can be confusing because the panels don't really flow well or the art can be a little vague, I have to say I've enjoyed it more than the anime so far. The manga feels more dramatic, because although things happen fast, they're taken further than in the anime.

Spoiler

Granted, this is merely my first impression of both formats, and I've actually been watching the anime along with the manga simply for clarification. I've unfortunately never been able to play the game so I don't know which is more faithful to the source material. But so far, I can say that I've felt more emotion from the manga than the anime.

#33 Loveless

Loveless

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Tomomasa

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

I'm waiting for the third volume, I'm going to pre-order it as soon as I can.
Posted Image

#34 Miso

Miso

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

Hmm, well I read the first few chapters of the manga and watched the first few episodes of the anime. While the manga can be confusing because the panels don't really flow well or the art can be a little vague, I have to say I've enjoyed it more than the anime so far. The manga feels more dramatic, because although things happen fast, they're taken further than in the anime.

Spoiler

Granted, this is merely my first impression of both formats, and I've actually been watching the anime along with the manga simply for clarification. I've unfortunately never been able to play the game so I don't know which is more faithful to the source material. But so far, I can say that I've felt more emotion from the manga than the anime.

Now that I think back on the comparisons between the manga and the anime...I agree with you DX

#35 13sugars

13sugars

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:all of 'em bishies

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

I was at Borders and I saw Corda on the Manga shelf section and this reminded me of something. Though I've never read the manga and I doubt I'll ever read it, I'm just quite surprised that it got licensed a lot later than Corda did. It seemed to me that Corda appealed more to the fangirls here than HaruToki did. But then again, the HaruToki anime still got licensed. I wonder if Corda1 anime will ever get licensed too, especially with its growing fandom and the up-coming Corda2

Posted Image
☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~ ☼ ~ ♥ ~

#36 naomi08

naomi08

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:I eat. sleep. study. work. listen to music. read. cook. then after a long day of doing those things... I'll end it with fangirling over bishies and the newest... seiyuus. ^^
  • Who I fangirl over:The 7 days in a week is not enough to accomodate them... ^^

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

they swicthed first name and last names right from the beginning? o.O

then a lot of the doki doki event in Corda wont work!! Like how Yunoki purposely changes from Hino-san to Hino and then to Kahoko....it always makes me scream!

But if it was Kahoko right from the beginning...seriously, that would wreck Tsukimori's image...==

Yes, it does not work at all. I have the english manga version and the part wherein Azuma made Kahoko his fiancee instead of saying her first name he said "Babe"... Yunoki-sama's evilness fell... T.T I like how he says her first name... *tries to imagine Yunoki-sama saying my first name... drools and dies.*

I know this is a very LATE reply... what the hell am I doing for the past 2 years?! but anyway, i want to share that plus, I'm now into Harukanaru Toki no Nakade too! *my fangirling is getting worst... maybe i should now seek for doctor's attention.*

kaho-sama Thanks for approving me here. I'm enjoying... really. :)
Spoiler

naomiyukari08
"I raise my glass to you..."

http://www.fanfictio...6/naomiyuraki08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance