• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#41 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Must I choose? Arios, Tenma, ...

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:49 AM

Hm, I don't know if I really interested in this. A heroine would be nice but I had only started to play Persona 3 FES and I find the tower tiring ( I'm on the 25. floor ). I like Akihiko too and I already feel married when he greets me with the words: "Where have you been?" *imagines more meaning behind the words*^^

#42 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Shitara Seiji

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:03 AM

Woohoo! Teammates can give combat assistance! That'll be a life saver (literally) since I always got killed in FES...Also I find it kind of odd that in Minako's route you can choose between Elizabeth and Theodore (that's manlizabeth's real name right?). Also I hear there's going to be more significant cutscenes...

@Kimbley
I don't think it'll take that long. It hasn't been announced for the states but I'm guessing that's because Persona for PSP was just released. Atlus will probably make money off this so I don't see why they wouldn't bring it here...

@Riven
Really? The only time I think something of what Akihiko says is when he says "I've been waiting for this!" or something like that. <---imagines more meaning behind the words >__>;;

#43 Maverynthia

Maverynthia

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:JD & Jet; Androids and Artificially created men!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:17 AM

Wait male Elizabeth? Is that the guy in the pic that looks like the other white haired guy in a waiter/cop outfit? @_@ Or is that the white haired guy in a waiter/cop outfit >_>?

Did anyone post to the Atlus forums about having the JP voices for this game(and probably citing that someone will probably undub it anyways and cause them to lose revenue on people who wanted the JP voices, refused to buy the game for not having them, and downloaded the undub version instead?) It can also be cited to the poll on this forum that we like JP voices for our pretty mans here and having a female protagonist as an option, it'd be nice to have a JP option for voices as well.
Posted Image

#44 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:02 AM

@Cloudy Yeah, he tends to say that when I spend the afternoon with a girl and come home so I feel kinda controlled^^. Hm, he says "I've been waiting for this!" only in fights, or?

In P3-FES I'm still looking for a nice Persona. Which ones were your favourites?

#45 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

@Riven
Yes he only says that in battle. One time I was aplaying and he said that and my friends started laughing like crazy. xD My favorite persona might be Yoshitsune but unfortunately I don't think he's in FES but I hope he's in P3P. Uh Helel's pretty good and so is Koryu.

@Maverynthia
He's the blonde guy wearing purple carrying a book. Kinda looks like a bell boy? Sorry that's the best way I can describe him.

#46 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:30 AM

@ Cloudy & Riven

Is this in the English dubbed version of the game? I've only played the Japanese version and the undubbed version. I thought he said something along the lines of "お帰り" or "Welcome home" when you came back to the dorm.

I can't remember for sure though.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

#47 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

@chiliztri : Yes, the English dubbed version. Surprisingly I like Akihikos english voice, he sounds reproachful if he says that.

@Cloudy Yoshitsune is in Persona 4, or? I used a code to see all Personas and he isn't there. And yeah Koryu looks great, the other Persona I like from appearance is Cu Chulainn. Most of the male Personas look too fierce while the females are often "pretty".

#48 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:29 AM

I'm kind of disappointed that Minako's awakening wasn't animated like Minato's. Does that mean they're going to just skip animations for the female side? I hope not...

@Riven
Lol did you mean favorites based on appearance? If you meant that then Cu Chulainn is pretty nice though I find it funny how Tam Lin has the exact same design with different colors. I guess Yoshitsune's only in P4 since I don't remember him being in P3 or FES. He's pretty good as he nulls physical and I get to kick shadow butt with his awesome moves. I hope he's in P3P. Other than that Loki had a pretty cool design in P4 while in previous installments he just looked weird.
Actually a lot of the guy personas freak me out or just look weird in my opinion. It's sad because I'm really picking on using personas based off their looks xD Horrible isn't it?

#49 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

Hm, I don't remember a Persona with the name Tam Lin. I don't use Cu Chulainn long but it were nice if a Persona is strong and pretty^^ . Unfortunately I saw only his back when I summoned him. In "The Answer" I used Black Frost which I got early and because there wasn't the kompendium I don't feel like fusing personas. I hope they fix it in the new release but I don't think I will play it again. The Tower Part was so tiring although the game was addicting. Hopefully someone upload the new scenes on youtube.

Hm, I wonder if the Answer is in P3P too. How they want to put in the conflict between Yukari and Aegis when they stay female? I could imagine the same thing between Ahihiko and Shinji but then Aegis development isn't there. ( And I would like to see a male Metis ).

#50 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Ah maybe Tam Lin is also in P4. I played P4 like 3 times so I remember it much better than P3. I remembered in P3 I was kind of lazy and pretty much only used Orpheus. Probably one of the reasons I died so much.

From what I hear the Answer is NOT going to be in P3P. Reasons why? I don't really know but I'm guessing it saves room also many people seem to think that Minako's story will end up differently from Minato's probably not giving much reason for her to have the Answer. That or it's just easier for Atlus to do one game instead of two. Though I don't hope the story doesn't change but I suppose we'll have to see.

#51 arekkusu

arekkusu

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Basically all bishies... except the really emo ones -_- lol

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

Wow I can't believe they're releasing this! Persona 3 Fes was the first in the series I played and I always complained that for a game that would appeal to both genders why did they only have a male protaganist who was mostly silent anyway T_T but now it all seems like it'll be corrected (hopefully without tampering too much with the story) Maybe this'll mean future installments in the series will include both male and female protaganists?

#52 Riven

Riven

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

@Cloudy Is Persona 4 better than Persona 3?

#53 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

@Riven
Well I think it was but many people tend to like Persona 3 better because of its story. Persona 4 has easier gameplay as you can control your characters (being put into P3P) and since you can have s.links with ALL your team members they'll help you out in battle (also being put in P3P). I think Persona 4 had more humor and was more light-hearted. The characters seemed a lot closer and the story was more close-ended unliked Persona 3 which needed the Answer to clear things up. If you haven't tried it I recommend you do since it's a fun game.

#54 arekkusu

arekkusu

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Basically all bishies... except the really emo ones -_- lol

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

Just wondering, has anyone seen the gameplay videos for Persona 3 PSP?

There's two videos showing a conversation with Junpei and Yukari, one for the male protagonist and one for the female protagonist, unfortunately my japanese reading skills are a little on the non existent side -_-;

Any idea what the gist of the conversation is? And what is the difference between the two? (I presume thats the reason they are showing us the two different versions).

Much obliged ^_^

#55 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:47 AM

Ugh I think the video for the female protagonist is something like this:
Spoiler

If it's wrong then I'm really really sorry...
I think the male's is the same from the first game, I could be wrong though since I didn't watch it. If it is then the difference is very slight, with some varying dialouge. Nothing really important.

#56 arekkusu

arekkusu

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

Ahhh that actually makes alot of sense ^o^

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the story is affected...

Thank you very much for taking the time to translate it for me ^_^

#57 Kimbley

Kimbley

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Yunoki Azuma, Kageyama Satofumi

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:33 AM

I think they're actually taking the anime cutscenes out of the game for both routes (boo!) probably for both space and not wanting to make a new animation cutscene for the female. I can imagine it's probably easier swapping a girl or boy model for the scene, as much as I would have loved seeing more animated Minako.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Please click the eggs to help them hatch!

#58 Cloudy

Cloudy

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:00 AM

I could be wrong but I recall hearing that there'd actually be MORE animated cutescenes. I'm pretty sure there are at least a few cutscenes they're going to keep, like the ending (I hope). I really hope they don't take out the cutescenes out of either side. Scenes like the awakening just aren't the same with 3-D models.

#59 arekkusu

arekkusu

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hmm well I know for the girl's route they've taken out the awakening, its just her 3D model (not sure about the male route) but they still have a cutscene for Tartarus. I'm guessing they'll probably pick and choose different cutscenes for each route (to make us play both routes?)... But then again the awakening is one of the most important scenes o.O why would they leave it in for one and not the other. The more I think about how much they have to change the more intrigued I am on how they'll make it work ^o^

Heres a link to the the female awakening and Tartarus (aswell as a gameplay video)

http://www.siliconer...ona-3-portable/

#60 chiliztri

chiliztri

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Everyone. Pretty much.

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Ick...how horrible.

Now I feel like the game is going to be butchered. -sigh-

I know they are trying to sell this to a broader audience(and milk P3 for all eternity) but I think it would have been better just to make a female MC version of the game for PS2. Leave out the option to play as a the male MC, and viola, new game. I can see why they went to PSP, considering they released P3 and P3 FES on PS2, and I guess they think people will be less inclined to buy yet another version of P3. Well, guess I'm not buying a PSP anytime soon.

Posted Image
永遠なんて。。。ない

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance