• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

SIGNAL is a sequel to the Darling Special Koi no Engine/Koi no Exhaust Heat Backlash that was produced by Koyasu Takehito.

The only difference between the 2 are the platforms, character desgin, and some characters have been taken out and new characters have been added.

SIGNAL will be released for Nintendo DS in the fall so rejoice international fans! (Yes, I'm happy too LOL) you can play this game without any problems! This game is also slated to be released in Fall of this year.

The story is about Sawatari Miku who is a reporter for magazine who lives everyday peacefully. It seems that she wants to take a step out of her peaceful days and do something different. One day she happens to meet Team Angstrom. After that meeting she gets sucked into the racing world and goes along with Team Angstrom's beat.

Here are the characters of the game...

Fujimiya Rui (CV: Ishida Akira) - Main driver of Team Angstrom
Nakazawa "Arthur" Kouga (CV: Midorikawa Hikaru) - Main driver of Team Angstrom
Takashima Hayato (CV: Morikubo Shoutarou) - Test driver of Team Angstrom
Toudou Yuuki (CV: Miura Hiroaki) - Test driver of Team Angstrom
Iwato Kazuhiro (CV: Satou Michiru) - Chief Mechanic for Team Angstrom

Houshouin "None" Yamato (CV:Morita Masakazu)- Main driver of Team Yamato, rival of Team Angstrom

Oda Jin (CV:Nakai Kazuya)- Chief Editor for Tonishi 「東西」 Publications (someone correct me on this title if I'm wrong...)
Shiga Reiko - Editor for Tonishi Publications

Kuromine Touya (CV: Kondou Takashi)- President of the Kuromine Group which specializes in music and produces pop idols - the main sponsor for Team Angstrom.

Tachibana Karina - Team Angstrom's racing queen

Edward Stuart - Manager of the restaurant & bar "C-Moon" he's been friends with Kouga since high school he first came to Japan as a foreign exchange student.

[Edit] New characters added in on 8/12

Sayaka - A freelance cameraman (is she even really female?)
Issue Von Berandotte - A mysterious foreigner?
Kuromine Ranka - Kuromine Touya's daughter, she acts like the daughter of a big corporation and doesn't fit in with the racing world.
Kuromine Rin - Kuromine Touya's son, he loves the racing world and it's his dream to become a racer for Team Angstrom

I'm selling stuff so if you're interested please take a look!

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I moved...it's called Peaceful Grace.
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.
If you want to look at pictures you can look at my tumblr nothing special...

The Icon Avatar is from Neskaya.net

#2 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:25 AM

The art looks, different o.O
The art from backlash looks all like 'scary racers!' and in signal its all 'smile smile smile' xD

Never played backlash, but if Koyasu-sama does a voice again I'm aleady sold. From the magazine to racing world seems like an odd change though xD

#3 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:I can't choose anymore since otome games are getting more popular LOL

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Yeah...the art surprised me too because the art in Backlash seemed more realistic than in SIGNAL because Signal is more shoujo-like ^^;
Both the heroines in Backlash and Signal are in the magazine world they were both trying to do an article on racing featuring Team Angstrom...
I don't know if Koyasu will be back since it seems in Signal that Koyasu's characters will be mentioned not exactly featured...

If you want to find more random blabbings of otome games you can look at my livejournal if you want~
I've started a new blog at wordpress it's called Reaching Towards You since my LJ is full of my tweets.

#4 yukihotaru

yukihotaru

Open Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:An incredibly slack English major who's obsessed over otome games, Jrock music, Lolita/Gothic punk clothes, Victorian literature and culture, Oscar Wilde, writing stories, making felt dolls, and all things pretty and frilly...:P
  • Who I fangirl over:Tamaki Suoh, Keigo Todoroki and Hariya

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:34 AM

Never liked racing stuff, but the character design looks awesome, and i always liked D3's games! And YAY for more games on DS! XD Will have to look out for this when it comes out! The character charts look like those character charts in j-dramas btw...XD
I kinda wished the heroine had a face and everything, coz this makes the love scenes feel more....involved...
「雨時々雪、愛時々嘘」

#5 r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Seiyuu, mysteries, everything unusual, anything weird and whatever interests me :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Too many...

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:50 AM

Nika: Yeah, I agree, the change in atmosphere is just too much. Honestly, I don't know which one is better...

Posted Image
「心臓が止まって, 脳の働きが止まる.
死ぬって, ただそれだけの事だろ.」 アキラ

Please take a look if you have time >///<
http://seihinata.deviantart.com/

#6 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:58 AM

The website had updated with seiyuu, new characters, and promotional video

I edited the first post of this thread with the seiyuu and added in the new characters.
I couldn't help but smile when I saw some of the lines on that PV - my smile was this big :grin: LOL

#7 Nika

Nika

borderline spammer.

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Music, Rpg's, Music, Anime, music, manga, and ummm, Music :D
  • Who I fangirl over:Hihara Kazuki, Himuro Reiichi, Ace, Julius

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

No Koyasu-sama? *snif*
Ah well the game still seems interesting.

#8 Tamarei

Tamarei

Open Otaku

• Open Otaku
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Saito, Peter White

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:40 AM

is this game out yet? anyone playing it?

#9 celestite

celestite

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Location:A country where we can't found any otome games in Store T____T
  • Interests:Read manga wit a lot of bishie pics...
    Playing otome game and hear some music...
    And the last is playing with my friends!
  • Who I fangirl over:too much! I cant count~

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

@Hazuki : Thanks for sharing about this game. By the way what lines on the pv that make you smile?

This game looks interesting, but i quite don't understand the game play, since i don't play the prequel. But, the seiyuu seems so interesting, coz, it was all famous seiyuu.
I hope i can play it XD.

#10 chemistry

chemistry

♥リラファン

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Interests:リラちゃん♥poupee girl
  • Who I fangirl over:quirky-voice types

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:21 AM

;DDDDDDD
I've always wanted to try backlash, but it's a relatively older game, so I never got the chance to find a copy. ;A;
I also wonder why the character design changed so much, but since the golden group of aged (haha XD) seiyuu are still in, it doesn't really bother me.
Posted Image

Confusing with nonsensical verbosity>>>>
DF: ad hoc spazz

#11 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

I started playing this game...
SIGNAL really is a sequel to Backlash because Koyasu's character Kagami Kei is mentioned and they also mention the heroine in Backlash (but not her name...)
It's really interesting so far...
I tried to go after Nakai Kazuya's character, Oda Jin, first b/c I really have no interest in the ossan ^^; but I found a guid through here - http://d1.kurofuji.n...gnal/data1.html and it says I have to go after Fujimiya Rui first. ^^;
*sigh* After I planned on finishing Kondou Takashi's character, Kuromine Touya, because I'm 苦手 with his type of character. LOL But when I saw his guide...you have to finish both Fujimiya Rui and Toudou Yuki first. ^^;

Well, in the end I somehow managed to get into Yuki's route...and I say I'm liking it so far. LOL
Yuki is younger than the heroine but he uh...seems a bit more worldly than her? LOL
Well, they don't get along at first...but when he starts talking to Miku, the heroine, for real he becomes interested in her. He teases Miku relentlessly. LOL
If you read Miura Hiroaki's interview...the staff told him that Yuki is TSUNERO LOL - when he heard that he said, "Don't you mean tsundere?" and then after he read the script he agreed with the staff. LOL
I also agree that he's tsunero LOL

#12 NYORORO

NYORORO

( ≖_ゝ≖ )

• Hachiyo
  • 1,614 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:PAKO.

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

HERE HAZUKI 8D

Attached Files

LOL IM ALMOST OUTTA THE OTOGE WORLD, AND IM SLOWLY DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE GAMING WORLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8D
...and this all happened because there isn't an RPG that's as good as Nier hahaha.

Oh right, and join my 1 meal a day club for the lol 8D.
Posted Image
...because the reality is too "real" hahahaha.

Posted Image

#13 Maeko

Maeko

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:Hyuga and Nyx from Neo Angelique

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:40 AM

Oh my goodness! Backlash was one of the first Otome games i've played! Wow i didn't know there was a sequel, i've been out of the Otome loop for so long T__T

Thanks for sharing =) i definitely have to order it now lol =X

#14 perumo

perumo

Closet Otaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, otome + RPG games
  • Who I fangirl over:Saeki Teru, Sakata Gintoki

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

I didn't know signal is sequel from backlash, since the art's changed. I like this one better though it's more feminine ^^;

@hazuki
same like me, at the first I was in Hayato's route (since he's my fave chara in backlash) but after met yuki, suddenly I changed my target to yuki LOL XDD I like him much, I like tsunero guy (in manga or games) LOL tsunero means tsundere + ero right? XDD

I kinda interest with Oda Jin and Kuromine Touya, who's story is better? Any idea?

Anyway, I like the ending song. Kondou Takashi's voice really good~ =3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My Blog Site:
http://pink.ap.teacup.com/ichigopie/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#15 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:shiba katsumi!!, yatsuaki

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

I haven't played backlash before since I don't like the art much but this SIGNAL's art is really great and many people I know also said it good.
moreover... the seiyuu're great! I definitely go after Oda Jin first!!! XD

#16 Hazuki

Hazuki

Veteran Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

I haven't played backlash before since I don't like the art much but this SIGNAL's art is really great and many people I know also said it good.
moreover... the seiyuu're great! I definitely go after Oda Jin first!!! XD

You can't go after Oda Jin first. You can only get him after you finish Fujimiya Rui's route first.

#17 hamano

hamano

Queen Otaku

• Queen Otaku
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Who I fangirl over:shiba katsumi!!, yatsuaki

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

You can't go after Oda Jin first. You can only get him after you finish Fujimiya Rui's route first.

Ah! Is that so? T^T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 My NeoRomance